Brennan's of Houston
3300 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
Brennan's of Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brennanshouston.com/
- Phone: (713) 522-9711
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Sunday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:45 PM- 10:00 PM
Jackets Preferred - NO Shorts, Flip-Flops, Torn Jeans, Beach Wear or Athletic Wear will be Seated
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Danny Trace
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We know that each event is special and at Brenan’s, our mission is to make your event a great memory.
From 10-150, we offer several dining rooms to accommodate your party size as well as full restaurant buy-outs.
Ballroom-seats up to 160: One of Houston's oldest and most distinguished private party settings which may be divided into 3 smaller rooms.
Little Room-seats up to 18: Great for an intimate group.
Solarium-seats up to 40: Whimsical design perfect for casual luncheon.
Courtyard Balcony-seats up to 30: Beautiful view of the Courtyard can be enjoyed from every table in this second floor dining room.
Wine Room-seats up to 30: An elegant second floor working wine room.
John Staub-seats up to 36: Named after the building's famed architect, this cozy room enjoys a fireplace and outdoor views.
Terms of Endearment-seats up to 30: Named after the movie which was filmed in part here.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Wilker 7135353380x
- Entertainment: For weekend diners, Brennan’s Creole Jazz Brunch remains a four-star tradition among Houston's Sunday brunch enthusiasts. The air is filled with an abundance of tantalizing jazz music and the fragrance of fresh flowers; southern mainstays and twists on classic favorites are graciously served in sun-filled dining areas.
A word from Brennan's of Houston
Since our 1967 opening as a sister restaurant to the world-famous Commander’s Palace in New Orleans, Brennan's of Houston has evolved into the city's premier destination for memorable dining served with true Southern hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Brennan's of Houston - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
Brennan's of Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
325 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (259)romantic (199)fit for foodies (161)great for brunch (149)notable wine list (127)good for groups (102)great for lunch (95)neighborhood gem (76)great for outdoor dining (56)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (20)scenic view (17)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (10)Show More
- Fabulous Birthday BrunchmanicuregirlVIPDined on 11/23/2014We had our daughter's birthday there for Sunday Brunch. The food was excellent but our waiter was phenomenal!!! First he brought out a tree with shots of a yummy drink in them and then brought me(the mother) a full cocktail of it two different times on the house and then brought us 6 full-sized desserts also on the house. I was really impressed! The ambiance is great and of course the food was excellent as well. Definitaly will go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best formal brunch in HoustonPopeyeVIPDined on 11/22/2014A must for brunch on a formal occasion! The table-side preparation of bananas foster always impresses. Love their turtle soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatFoodieVIPDined on 11/19/2014Have been going to Brennan's for over 40yrs and it never disappoints. It's good to see the same waiters and front people, like coming home. The food is so good whether it's a fish dish or the fillet Oscar which I think is the best steak in town. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So goodMvdenverDined on 11/18/2014I've traveled to houston numerous times in the last 7 years and now live here, and every time I come to this place I want to come back. Everything about it is good right down to you leaving and stuffing as many pralines into your mouth or pocket you can fit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was nothing short of amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014I found this place by asking "OK Google!" where a good place for brunch was. I was not disappointed. It is a very formal dining setting, but luckily my normal attire is polo and slacks, but I was at the bottom end of the dress code. Other than that the food was simply exquisite. My date stated that the salad was the best salad she has had in her life. If you live in Houston or nearby you must try this place at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyDinerVIPDined on 11/16/2014This is absolutely my favorite restaurant in Houston. The food is fabulous and the service perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100% focused on us...we were amazed!TavaresDined on 11/14/2014We didn't miss San Fran after visiting Brennans! The level of detail and attention to us was overwhelming and very welcomed. Thank you! From the moment we walked in, we were not only greeted with a warm salutations, but welcomed us to Houston. ...meaning they read my reservation comments, a plus and shock. The bar was awesome, and both tenders were so polite; one saw us taking self photos...he offered to photograph us inside & outside! The awesome seating, to a very skilled and polite waiter who rarely left our side. Then, the manager popped on over to greet us...great guy and very comfortable to speak to...ang offered great city tips! The entire dinner waa absolutely decadent and something we'll never forget. We found our repeat place... Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbieDined on 11/7/2014Wonderful visiting with former Houstonians who were in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as awesome as I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/5/2014the food is ok...the service is below average. I'm starving due to the severely delayed serving and it is not even weekend. I expected a better service than this. The special occasion became ordinary. Even water and garlic bread were delayed. I'm seriously disappointed.Special Features:
- FantasticCalitravelerVIPDined on 11/4/2014I was very impressed with Brennan's. The restaurant itself is absolutely beautiful. The service and the good was amazing. The staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!BrennansDined on 11/3/2014It was my husbands birthday and was so impressed with the service, ambiance and food! Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WapIIVIPDined on 11/2/2014Our group had brunch on the patio on a perfect Houston day! The musicians were a very big addition to our enjoyment and make this brunch a special event.Special Features:
- Civilized Fun First RateAnnciVIPDined on 11/1/2014It was a lovely evening. Food and wine were excellent (wine was very reasonably priced); ambiance was perfect for having a conversation. Always a great choice. Pricey though if you select the specials-that was ok with us.Special Features:
- Amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I dined at Brennan's for my birthday this past weekend, and it was truly an amazing experience! My husband had the special (filet with crab) and I had the pork shank. I have to say, the pork was the best I have ever eaten! I would order it again and again (and my husband would as well!). The staff was fantastic did a wonderful job. Can't wait to find another excuse to come back!Special Features:
- OutstandingDel2014Dined on 10/24/2014The entire dinning experience was outstanding. The staff made us feel special and was most helpful with their recommendations and descriptions of the menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICE!DedoDined on 10/23/2014Brennan's has the best wait service of any restaurant in Houston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!!ElyseVIPDined on 10/22/2014It has been years since my husband and I have gone there and now we wonder why we waited so long. It was nice to see so many non-shellfish items on the menu since my husband is allergic. There was plenty for me to choose from also....I am a vegitarian. Will go back first chance we get.Special Features:
- Excellent mealGracecatDined on 10/20/2014Had the Redfish Pontchartrain... it was superb. Beautiful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningJuliejulesDined on 10/19/2014We chose Brennen's for the location as we were meeting family from across town and a place where we could talk easily and a enjoy delicious meal. There were five of us and we all enjoyed our selections. The wine list was extensive and we had great service.Special Features:
- Dine like fine winetexan4evrDined on 10/18/2014Besides the excellent service the ambiance was awesome. Celebrating the wife's birthday with family was special and our waiter made it a pleasant dining experience. The special birthday treat and recognition was memorable. The food was excellent and let's not forget the by your table bananas foster, muah, excellent. Would I recommend this place, you betcha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great serviceDhalkerDined on 10/16/2014The food was nothing short of amazing! But the service we received was definitely lacking. It took about 20 minutes to even take our order. It actually took a while to even get a menu. Maybe it was just a bad night for the wait staff. But I would definitely go back! The turtle soup is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre theatre diningLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 10/16/2014We had an early dinner at Brennan's before seeing a play . The food,service and whole dining experience could not have been better. Our waiter knew we were on a schedule and promptly took our orders and then delivered an excellent dinner to the table . My Turtle Soup was divine and the grilled Mahi Mahi was delicious . Best of all Brennan's provides a shuttle to downtown event venues . Our wonderful dinner was followed by a very relaxed ride in the shuttle to the door of the Hobby Center and then back to the restaurant at the conclusion of the play .Perfect evening !Special Features:
- Nice day dateMsbusinesswomanDined on 10/13/2014Food was great. Service was little slow. We were disappointed that after dinner we could not have one more 25 cent martini at the bar. The bartender stated it was for the lunchro only yet when we were here just one month prior they allowed us to have a 25 cent martini at the bar since we had already eaten and purchased an entree. This left us feeling badly about our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DInnerLIZZYVIPDined on 10/11/2014I took my husband for a nice dinner to Brennan's. The appetizer was very tasty as we ordered turtle soup. They also have a trio soup that let's you sample difference flavors of soups. It was then followed by the main courses and some pecan pie for dessert. We were very pleased with the attentiveness of the waitstaff. I would definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014Brennan's has to be one of the top restaurants in Houston if not the top one. Great ambience, food is outstanding, and the service is usually outstanding. Our waiter was good, but we have had more attentive ones. We love the elegance of Brennan's and were a bit disappointed to see an individual at the next table wearing a baseball cap inside the restaurant and attired in blue jeans and a T shirt.Special Features:
- Our 1st Year AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/9/2014We celebrated our 1st Anniversary there on Thursday night; they made sure we had a wonderful romantic table for two; the wait staff provided excellent service all night long and the management even took us on a tour of the wine storage areas and the kitchen areas. It was a perfect night and we will definitely fine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014Brennan's delicious tried and true Louisiana classics are supplemented by creative regional seasonal specialties. The wine list has impressive breadth across regions and varietals. The service is friendly while remaining curteous and professional. This very well run establishment deserves its place near the top of Houston fine dining. I am already looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:
- BHANVIPDined on 10/9/2014Brennan's - flawless as usual! Freshest fish, creative menu with new dishes based on seasonal produce as well as the dishes that made them famous: Turtle soup, shrimp remoulade, crab cakes and bananas fosters... all done to perfection. What could be better?Special Features:
- Exceptional in HoustonteaTerryDined on 10/8/2014Brennans has one of the best duck dishes we have ever had in the world!! Half a duck very reminiscent of Peking duck but with a slightly sweet crunchy skin. The stuffing is like the fillings used in the primary duck skin pancakes in a really good Taiwanese or Shanghainese restaurant. The lobster enchilada appetizer was also exceptional. Desserts were so-so. John Ramos - the sommelier who's card says "Wine Guy" - was so gracious that he gave us a half hour tour of the kitchen - wow.Special Features:
- Awesome Brunch!!!doxiemommaVIPDined on 10/5/2014Fantastic food and the best value in Houston!! Can't go wrong with anything on the menu!! Today had the Texas Quail Pot Pie, Cauliflower and White Bean Soup, Eggs Benedict, Texas Ratatouille Frittata, Pecan Pie and Ruby's Lemon Meringue Pie. Simply the best food, service and value in Houston. :)Special Features:
- Good experience.LocalDinerDined on 10/4/2014It was a very nice experience for a special occasion. (Sister's 60th birthday.). Our waiter was very patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedrealEhungryDined on 10/3/2014Had high hopes for this place. Took my girlfriend here for her birthday with hopes of a nice night, but instead had an experience that left us with questions about the type of service provided here. I was told that as you enter, you're greeted and offered cookies. Neither of those happened. There were two other birthdays at the same time we were there, in which the other customers received extra attention and surprises you would normally see at restaurants. However, I guess my girlfriend and I weren't worthy of normal services. I read someone else's review concerning questionable service here, but I didn't want to believe it. Overall food was ok and we tried to make the best of the evening.
- Been a long timeDrewJDined on 10/3/2014I hadn't been to Brennan's in a number of year's, since before the fire. My wife had never been. As we finished our meal, we both remarked that it was one of the best meals that we've had in the three years we've been together. All parts of the meal were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service, Good Foodfood4lifeDined on 10/3/2014Brennan's did not fail to impress. While the food was good, the customer service and atmosphere were oustanding! We recommend the Red Fish Pontchartrain and the White Chocolate Bread Pudding. Also the pralines are actually quite good and this is from a South Carolina and Georgia Pralines connoisseur. It is a great place for special occasions and it will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bit of NolaGolfDinerDined on 10/2/2014The ambiance of a night in old New Orleans French Quarter captured in Houston. No kidding. Its dat real ting cher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional, as always.blessedbeDined on 9/30/2014Although one always expects Brennan's to be the epitome of fine dining, it is truly an amazing experience to experience the incredibleness each time you visit. I appreciate having such a gem to share with out-of-town clients. Brilliant food, service and experience. Thank you for creating and maintaining such high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brennan's is Brennan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/30/2014Sometimes nothing else will do. Old world. Great service. Delicious food in a QUIET place. Did not have the turtle soup (apparently, everyone else does. Someone heard I was going to Brennan's & told me to BE SURE & have it). The soup du jour sounded so good, we went with that. Can't remember now what it was, but it was great. The whole experience was just really superb. Geoff RussellSpecial Features:
- Brennan's of HoustonWCR75Dined on 9/28/2014Really enjoyed our brunch. The valet parking staff was efficient and professional. We enjoyed our food, although the portion are really significant; we chose to eat salads for dinner! Our server (Eric) and the support staff were attentive, but intrusively so. We enjoyed the musicians as well as the quiet house music; that added to the truly pleasant experience. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Food, service, atmosphere- EXCELENTHoustonFoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Brennan's hits all the right notes. Every one of our dining experiences at Brennan's has been exceptional!Special Features:
- DisappointedDiningOutDined on 9/26/2014We heard great reviews from friends. Our experience was mediocre. We waited at least 15/20min for our wine and cocktails and the entree that was highly recommended was way too salty and heavy. I would have sent it back if I could. I don't foresee is returning to this restuarant.Special Features: