Breeze Thai French Kitchen
661 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Thai FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Breeze Thai French Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.breezenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122627777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 3:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai French, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Jeff Hardinger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Breeze Thai - French Catering makes it easy to throw a great party. We’ll deliver your favorite buffet ready to serve in disposable container. All buffet orders include plates, napkins, eating as well as serving utensils. We offer free delivery within a limited area, for a minimum order of $200. 24 hour prior notice encouraged for better service. For more info and online ordering please visit www.breezenyc.com
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Malhar Patel 2122627777
A word from Breeze Thai French Kitchen
Breeze is all about blending the unexpected to create something new and exciting. The chef has exquisitely combined the zest of..."Thai food with decadence of French Cuisine" to bring you tantalizing new dishes. From appetizers to desserts, there two unique cultures come together to offer you a new and exciting dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Breeze Thai French Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)romantic (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- excellent food, LOUD restaurantlgueatsVIPDined on 9/27/2014the food was great, but the place was incredibly LOUD. we sat in the OPEN front of the place and the street noise was less loud than the interior of the restaurant!! VERY distracting if you actually want to speak with your dinner companions...
- used w/ groupon couponOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014after all it's not worth it the foods just fair not that what we except to, and the check show all was over 67.00 then plus tax and tip like 20% then might cost more and def not worth it...Special Features:
- Excellent foodeagerdinerDined on 9/4/2014The food was delicious and well presented. The décor was unusual and charming. The service was good. But the noise level was overwhelming. We were a party of four and it was very difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/2/2014many items on the menu were not available, but the food is very good
- Good thai foodVDShDined on 8/30/2014One of the few places in NYC with good thai food and good service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/20/2014The food is very good and the prices are quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorthVIPDined on 8/3/2014The restaurant looks like a diner, but the food is excellent. Very large menu, with delicious appetizers and many very interesting main courses. We've been here many times before, and will come back. But don't bring fancy friends because the place looks like a joint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014The appetizers are yummy, seafood was pretty good but the duck was just average.Special Features:
- freddiVIPDined on 7/30/2014food was very tasty,service was good.fast service makes it comfortable for pre theater.Special Features:
- Still delish!CoquilleDined on 7/18/2014Breeze never fails to delight me and my guests. Have introduced many people over the years to this restaurant and they always love it, like me.Special Features:
- Excellent!monica1VIPDined on 7/11/2014One of the best thai restaurants I have been to in NYC.Special Features:
- No thanks!deb19VIPDined on 7/1/2014Loud, rave music was blasting out and everyone was trying to talk over it. Restaurant was crowded. Food was acceptable but nothing special. Service was just fair.
- The following 106 reviews are from the Breeze Thai French Kitchen reviews archive.
- Hit and MissHexsignVIPDined on 6/25/2014The $10 cocktails were barely drinkable. And, the steak I ordered was tough, which wouldn't have been so bad, but the server couldn't find a steak knife. However, the appetizers were really tasty.Special Features:
- GR8 Thai food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Best Thai I have had. Amazing Vegetarian Duck and regular Duck salads. Very different approach to making Thai recipes I have had before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty DecentMarcusDined on 6/18/2014The food was pretty good. Two things I have to say: Don't understand the French infusion. Other than the duck de Paris and the french reproduction paintings (some) on the wall nothing french at all. Also, you feel like you are being rushed. Waitresses are to in a hurry to turn over the tables. It is a place however, that you shoud try. The food will more than over compensate for the two minor critiques above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where was the French?HonestMomDined on 5/30/2014I chose this restaurant because it sounded interesting. Thai with a touch of France? Hmmm. However the only French influence I noted was the Degas prints on the wall -- so not even modern, cool French. To make it more confusing, the menu was done in rock-n-roll Americana, the menu a album slip and the cocktail menu an album. The Thai food was just OK. Another sign of the watered down attempt to appeal to everyone ie tourists: the Brooklyn lager had been replaced by Budweiser. The noise level made it nearly impossible to converse.Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014I picked this restaurant for my boyfriend's birthday because the menu sounded good and it had good reviews. The food was okay, it certainly wasn't "French and Thai fusion." It's mostly just Thai food with a bit of American food mixed in. And overall it was fine, nothing to write home about and certainly nothing you couldn't find anywhere else. The drinks were pretty terrible. We both got margaritas that tasted like they had no alcohol in them. We found ourselves wishing we had chosen from any number of the other Thai places in the area.
- Great Thai Food near theatersfasteddieDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Breeze before an 8pm show. We got to Breeze at 5:00 and after dining leisurely had an hour to spend walking around midtown. We could have started at 6 and would still have had time. The food was excellent, flavorful, and well prepared.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the foodJourneyDined on 5/18/2014We had never had Thai Fusion before. We were excited to try it and Breeze did not disappoint. The meal was great. Great blend of flavors. It was very noisy, but tolerable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Mother's Day DinnerMamaPoodleDined on 5/18/2014My siblings and I took my mother to eat here and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice find in manhattan.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Food is always good. portions are adequit. waitstaff is always pleasant. prices are reasonable and we have never been disappointed. a good neighborhood restaurant.(and I don't live in the neighborhood)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A DelightoutoftownerVIPDined on 5/9/2014Their blend of Thai and French is unique and delicious. The butternut squash ravioli and the duck in panang curry are truly outstanding. Cocktails are imaginative too, and the value is great.Special Features:
- Decent food - poor serviceKH1021Dined on 5/8/2014We enjoyed our appetizers and soup/salad very much, but the entire restaurant seemed understaffed. We waited a long time to have our drink orders taken, and a very long time for our food even after we let the staff know we had a show to go to. Would maybe try again for lunch or when not under time crunch.Special Features:
- Good FindFoodfanDined on 4/26/2014Elaborate menu. The "King Tiger Prawns" were particularly excellent. The zucchini noodles were luscious. The "Grilled Free Range Chicken Breast" was very tasty but without the desired tenderness. The desserts were not memorable. It is not for a quiet, romantic dinner. The servers were courteous, but unattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened here?FoodieVIPDined on 4/26/2014My little gem has been ruined. It appears either a new chef or new owner has ruined this place now. Half the menu entrees are crossed out, and the food isn't as good as it is.
- Not Your Typical ThaistedmantxVIPDined on 4/23/2014Good Thai food with a French influence. Service was the biggest drawback. We a party of three, but table was setup for two. After I dropped my fork (while we were still in ordering mode), I asked FOUR times for a clean fork and an additional setup, and finally just got them myself. Go for the food, but avoid unless you can look past the poor service.Special Features:
- Great food!Tiffy38Dined on 4/23/2014We have dined at Breeze many times in the past. Service is prompt. Food is delicious and presentation is interesting. We always chose new dishes , and we love them. Good place to have dinner before going to the theater. We look forward to dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2014Arrived at designated reservation time and was told the cafe was closing, we could not be seated. Reminded the gentleman we had a reservation. Was told to"hold on". He walked away, came back and said we could sit by the window. We asked about the imminent closing, he said yes, they were about to close. We decided to leave, he said "I'm sorry", we said "No, you're not". We went across the street and had a nice meal.
- InterestingoutstandingVIPDined on 4/5/2014Eclectic menu, good selection of cocktails and limited wine and beer options. Food was all right but not as fancy as the menu suggested. A tight squeeze for seating and the plastic chairs need a good scrubbing. Friendly but intermittent service. Good value for moneyI would recommend this to a friend.
- good pre-theater drinks & appsplbuttercupDined on 4/5/2014Pre-theater we enjoyed very good drinks & apps. Unfortunately, they appeared to be a bit understaffed so we were not able to squeeze in a dessert before curtain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu-Items MissingZiggyWStardustDined on 4/5/2014Both of my menu choices were not available, which I did not find out until after I chose them. My friend's fish was quite good, my steak not so much. Wait staff should let people know right away that items are missing from the menu! Appetizer and dessert were outstanding, we got a free dessert for the disappointment about the missing items. Would go back again and see if service is better, and menu is more complete.Special Features:
- Average placeHowardNYCVIPDined on 4/3/2014Nothing special, especially given that there are at least 4 other Thai places within one block.
- Great Shrimp Pad ThaiSarahVIPDined on 3/29/2014We went on a rainy Saturday and had the place to ourselves. Food was delicious and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is on Open TableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014My friend and I went to a Thai restaurant near by and the wait was 45 mins. I used Open Table app and found this place is available in 20 mins. So we walked over and found table. Its nice that restaurant is on Open Table. The food was good but its really noisy there. I couldn't have normal conversation without screaming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good thai in theater districtOdieVIPDined on 3/1/2014Food is very good. Service was acceptable, not polished. Mistakes in order were corrected. They were out of all but one white wine. Restaurant is good for a pre- theater meal with good food, good value but not for casual, high end dining.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable!ChristopherDined on 2/8/2014So I haven't seen my best friend for about a month and she decided to she wanted Thai food, she happened to be walking by this restaurant and invited me to it, so I made a reservation. I got to the restaurant early and I was seated right away, ten minutes later, my friend arrived. We ordered Golden Curry Puffs and the Wild Mushroom Dumplings for appetizers and they were great. For our meals, I had the Spice Fried Rice with Chicken and she had the Pineapple Fried Rice with Chicken which were BOTH AMAZING. We didn't order dessert but we were tempted. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good Thai in an ocean of ThainycvisitorVIPDined on 2/7/2014There are literally dozens of Thai restaurants within half a mile. All seem busy. Breeze is very good. But who knows if it is the best. We enjoyed our dishes very much. Menu is innovative and the usual run of the mill dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlacebalrDined on 12/18/2013We enjoyed our meals here - nice atmosphere and considerably more spacious than the picture shows. Service was attentive. Would dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breeze into BreezeBarbDined on 12/18/2013This is a great spot for some truly delicious Thai food. The mushroom dumplings were wonderful as was the Massaman Beef. The portions are perfect and the price is as well. Definitely give Breeze a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, cold spacegbearDined on 12/7/2013We were 4 people. We all loved what we ordered. Wait staff very nice. But need to do something about door. Let in all the cold. Many people were eating with their jackets on. Would go back again in warmer weather or if they fixed the draft problem.I would recommend this to a friend.