401 W. Atlantic Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.breatheindelray.com/
- Phone: 5613304526
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Sunday beginning at 5:00pm The Bar and Lounge stays open until 2:00am Thursday through Saturday. Happy Hour is Monday through Friday from 4:00pm-7:00pm featuring half-off drinks (excludes bottles of wine and splits) and $6.00 appetizers at the bar (excludes Lobster Mac and Cheese and Cheese Plate).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: A DJ will be spinning tunes Thursday and Friday. Enjoy live jazz on Saturday nights.
A word from BREATHE
Take It All In at BREATHE, Delray Beach’s sultry new Mediterranean-fusion restaurant & lounge. This sexy new hot spot, located on Atlantic Ave just west of Swinton, is a “must” for diners looking to try a funky new twist on Mediterranean region fare in a chic, stylish and intimate atmosphere. BREATHE’s eclectic décor, great food, sultry cocktails and plush lounge make it the perfect oasis for happy hour, dinner, parties and a sizzling late night crowd. The creative menu offers a variety of delicious, flavor-filled dishes including Aubergine Salad, Mediterranean Mezze, Snapper Beurre Blanc, Filet Mignon, 48-hr lemon infused Chicken Kabobs and Scallops Tres Colores. Adjacent to the main dining room, guests can “exhale” in BREATHE’s exotic lounge or treat themselves to a private VIP room where guests will receive the royal treatment with their own butler, bottle service and flat screen TV’s. The outside patio features al fresco dining and a true Mediterranean tradition – Hookah.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BREATHE reviews from OpenTable diners
- Breathe is a Breathe oif fresh AIR!1DivaVIPDined on 9/17/2013This restaurant has a lovely décor. My server, Allie, was gracious, accommodating and a BREATHE of FRESH AIR. The food is delicious. It is Greek/Mediterranean cuisine, with a variety of excellent choices. The prices are moderate. The Karaoke on Tuesday evenings,-- is an added plus. The location is easy for parking, and away from the hustle and bustle of Atlantic Avenue. This is a nice addition to the Delray roster of restaurants. They offer charitydine discount dining vouchers, which make the prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Breathe is a BREATHE of Fresh Air!!1DivaVIPDined on 9/3/2013This was our first visit to Breathe, and it pleased us so much, that we made two more reservations for the near future. The food, the ambiance and the service were great. We were there on a Tuesday nite,-- when they have karaoke. So, the bar area was full of fun-loving people. We both had their Grilled Shrimp on a skewer, served with delicious grilled veggies. It was a wonderful choice. Their Greek Salad was a great start to this fabulous dinner. We did not have their desserts this time. But, they looked very appealing--and we will try them on our next visit. I also liked the location of this restaurant. It is just off I-95, and a little away from the busy section of Atlantic Avenue. This restaurant is a FIND!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place; No one knows aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013We went in support of a friend playing that night but there was no one there. The bar didn't know about the advertised free drinks. No one was at the door to acknowledge my reservation or seat me when I arrived. It's a great place that just needs more business.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere and ... that's it.DisasterDined on 7/27/2013After a very poor diner, it was now it’s time to get our check. But first we needed to find our server thinking she could have been abducted. She turned up around 10PM that evening to get our credit card. We were all relieved to know that she was OK. Don’t expect much in the way of service or great food. There is apparently no management over sight anywhere. Food is fair and that is a complement in its self. Would not recommend unless you are retired and have no other place to go.Special Features:
- GreatTrollopDined on 6/30/2013Neat place, elegant appearance, friendly staff and very good food! Go early if you would like to have a conversation as it does get noisy, even in the dining area! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2013First visit and surely not our last. Four arrived for dinner and four pleased customers departed a few hours later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Things Done WellnacmanDined on 6/29/2013We tried salads for the 1st time--the beet and the Greek salads were both flavorful and abundant. Our table ordered chicken, fish and steak dinners. All were prepared nicely and the plating was a visual treat. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphereDeliciousDined on 6/8/2013Soft lighting and romantic. Food was good. Service was a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance is pretty , howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013The ambiance is pretty , however there was only 1 server so that made the wait very long . For a Friday evening I don't feel that kareoke night should be on Friday . It was very distracting and annoying . Perhaps they should consider another night . For most people Friday night is a nice date night or a way to relax after a long week . The food was good . Not a bad restaurant over all .
- Our server, Jessica, who isMichaelDined on 3/15/2013Our server, Jessica, who is also the bar manager, was fabulous. She really made our night. This place was not busy, as the menu recently changed, but people who like mediterranean that is very fresh should def try this place. It turns into a bar on the weekends after 11, but the food is not "bar food" that is for sure.Special Features:
- Poor food quality, a menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/3/2013Poor food quality, a menu with few options with just few available, maybe the lounge is a different story, but would not dine there again.
- Terrible. They dont know ifOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012Terrible. They dont know if they are a restaurant or a club. They fail at both
- Service and food are alwayssamplerVIPDined on 12/4/2012Service and food are always great!! I hope more people find this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Over all great atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2012Over all great atmosphere. Food was ok. Had the steak, very little flavoring. Never got my second glass of wine. Serve was ok.
- Expensive ok food with littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2012Expensive ok food with little to no ambiance and NO ONE was in the restaurant except our party of 3.
- This is always a favoritesamplerVIPDined on 9/18/2012This is always a favorite of ours for lunch! Food and service are excellent.Special Features:
- Visit was very good - Can be greatTosh30VIPDined on 8/25/2012The night started off shaky but got better as it went along. The hostess was not at the stand and a patron got up from the couch to tell her that we were at the door. The server did not arrive at the table very quickly. We received our drinks 15min after sitting down. The wine we ordered was not in stock. The chef came out to apologize, which was nice. After we ordered, the service got better. The bread was awesome and so were the appetizers, as we had the seared tuna and caprese. For dinner we had the lamb and the scallops and both were very good. The place is really good, but needs some consistency and a little more attention to detail on things other than the food, without losing focus on the food.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding. ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2012Food was outstanding. Chef was very attentive and made a point of coming to our table.Special Features:
- Eat and breathe ... at Breathe!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012They let you breathe at Breathe. A nice, relaxing atmosphere with cool music in the background. Attentive, yet relaxed wait staff. Very good food, especially the scallops and the tiramisu!Special Features:
- amazing dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012amazing dining experience! the best food i had in a long time, friendly staff, hookah and coctails after dinner, a must go!Special Features:
- I was really disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2012I was really disappointed when I went to BREATHE this past week. While the atmosphere was welcoming and there was a nice crowd, the food was of low quality. The tomatoes in our caprese salad had no flavor to them, my mussels were overdone, baguette charred and the meat was overly fatty. When it came time for dessert (which we almost always order), we had no desire to even look at the menu, as everything that we had had, up to that point was unappetizing. I really wanted to like this restaurant, but have no desire to return.
- Food was delicious and chefOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/4/2012Food was delicious and chef went out of his way to make sure we had an amazing dining experience. Worth the trip down Atlantic Ave. A must go!!!!Special Features:
- THis is one of the most beautifulMFoyVIPDined on 8/4/2012THis is one of the most beautiful restaurants I have seen in a long time. The decor and lighting was perfect. The food is excellent. The bar section wiht the hookah (?) was really fun too. Staff very accomodating. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Atlantic Ave GemScghmonjaDined on 8/4/2012Extremely warm, welcoming and appreciative of our business.Special Features:
- Very good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/3/2012Very good food and service so it's a mystery why there was only one other couple dining on a Friday evening.Special Features:
- What a FIND ! A charmingDelrayBeachDinerVIPDined on 7/19/2012What a FIND ! A charming restaurant just W of Swinton on Atlantic Avenue --- worth the walk/drive to get off the main drag. Mediterranean - GREAT fresh fish, and chef made some accomodations for our food allergies! Went back 2nd time - even better! Chef changing menu for fall season, sounds exciting! BUT will continue to enjoy his delicious menu today!Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012The food was great and the amazing service except this one creepy waiter that kept coming back and forth and he was performing any services and felt like he was watching us.Special Features:
- Outstanding in all aspectsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2012I have nothing but great things to say. My husband and I went in for our anniversary. They were aware of this and went BEYOND to make it a special night and it was. The service could not have been more personal and caring. The food absolutely delicious from beginning to end. The Creme Brulee was the best I've EVER had. We will return. Thank you Petra, our sweet waiter, to the outstanding chef and all the crew that works together so well to make sure the customers leave with unforgettable memories :DSpecial Features:
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2012Great food, great service, a true five star experience! This restaurant and it's spectacular chef are a force to be reckoned with in the Delray market. Zagat 30/30/30!!!Special Features:
- Expected so much moreAJ79VIPDined on 7/7/2012After reading other reviews, we thought this would be a great meal and purchased a Living Social Deal. It was solid three star food, but nothing amazing. My wife ordered the snapper which came out on a plate of butter. I had the short ribs which while good, were certainly not worth the $32 price tag. There was nothing spectacular about this restaurant that will make it stand out above any of the chain seafood restaurants or any of the other amazing places in Delray. Had it not been for the LS deal I would have been offended by the $82 price tag. If you want amazing food in Delray at a reasonable price, stick with my favorite - Brûlée.
- Great Food, Great StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2012The Staff at the restaurant are very friendly, the atmosphere is warm and inviting, the only challenge I had was with the noise radiating from the bar area. The Open Table rating scale for noise is somewhat limited. Energetic is not what I would have called it, the noise limited conversation at the table.Special Features:
- Six of us were there on aOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/25/2012Six of us were there on a weeknight; unfortunately, no one else was. But we had a delightful conversation with both the chef and the hostess. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Don't let the location detourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/23/2012Don't let the location detour you. Had an amazing meal and the ambience to boot. This is sure to become the new "hot spot" in Delray! Loved the bar atmosphere, very trendy and upscale. Be sure to try it out before it becomes like all the rest of the Atlantic ave. restaurants-over priced and over exaggerated with average food and average service.Special Features:
- The entire experience wasRae1VIPDined on 6/16/2012The entire experience was great! From the warm welcome by the chef when we arrived to the amazing food. This restaurant is a great addition to Delray. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- This restaurant is alwayssamplerVIPDined on 5/31/2012This restaurant is always great! They really try to please. They have a wonderful chef.Special Features:
- Reggie and Petra were amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2012Reggie and Petra were amazing! The food was great and since it was our first time doing hookah, it was on the house! New spot but great find! Willd definitely come again!Special Features:
- we purchased on living socialFLdinedivasVIPDined on 5/26/2012we purchased on living social special and it was excellent! chef came out to ask about our meal, i had the snapper and it was mild as ever and my friend had short ribs and they fell off the bone and super tender. the place is very beautiful, however only thing is that it could use some quiet music in the background, instead you can hear the other tables conversations.Special Features:
- service is warm, food is fresh,CookieMonsterDined on 5/26/2012service is warm, food is fresh, seasoned well, very tasty atmosphere chic, trendySpecial Features:
- This is probably the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2012This is probably the best food I have had in Delray, Boca Raton, Boyton Beach, etc. since I can rmember. The place is beautiful, it is off the beaten track of Delray, which to me is a plus. I hope it makes it because you will not go there unless you know about it or someone tells you.Special Features:
- This is an outstanding restaurant!samplerVIPDined on 5/15/2012This is an outstanding restaurant! I wish more people would try it, especially for lunch.Special Features: