Breakwater Restaurant - Waterside Inn
15 Stavebank Road South
Mississauga, ON L5G 2T2Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Breakwater Restaurant - Waterside Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.watersideinn.ca/breakwater/
- Phone: 9058916225x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary French / American, International
- Executive Chef: Adrian Rusyn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Lakeshore and Stavebank
- Public Transit: Conveniently located just a short walk from the Port Credit GO Station (5 minutes) as well as Mississauga Transit
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Free Parking is available at the side of the hotel on the south side of the property and Free municipal parking is also available on both Stavebank Road and Port Street. Additional paid parking is available across the street at the Port Credit Marina. Accessible Parking is available beside the Banquet entrance at the North side of the hotel.
A word from Breakwater Restaurant - Waterside Inn
Breakwater Restaurant is truly a hidden gem. Nestled between the shores of Lake Ontario and the banks of the Credit River it is Mississauga's only Four Diamond awarded restaurant. Just a short drive or GO-Train ride from downtown Toronto, Breakwater Restaurant offers superb cuisine and is complemented by a Wine Spectator recognized wine list.Continued
CAA/AAA Four Diamond Award | Wine Spectator Award Of Excellence | VQA Award Of Excellence | Where To Eat Canada
CAA/AAA Four Diamond Award | Wine Spectator Award Of Excellence | VQA Award Of Excellence | Where To Eat Canada
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Breakwater Restaurant - Waterside Inn - Best Restaurants in Mississauga ›
Breakwater Restaurant - Waterside Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)scenic view (48)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (46)great for lunch (46)notable wine list (46)great for brunch (45)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (43)great for outdoor dining (38)kid-friendly (37)late-night find (35)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (29)Show More
- Disappointing for our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We went to the restaurant for the first time (with a party of 5) with fairly high expectations given the high-priced menu. While the service was fine, the food left a lot to be desired. Certainly not worth the high prices. We will not go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Ambience is outstanding. Wine selection by the glass is less than sverage. Lunch menu was rather disappointing but the food quality was very good. It would be a better choice to come here for dinner. This is still one of our favourites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealRoisinDined on 8/11/2014First time and won't be our last. Everything from the appetizer to dessert was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a letdownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Slow service. Food was bland. Waiters were arguing with each other in front of guests, about work related matters. Over priced. No music. Didn't light our candle. Waiter kept calling us "guys". It was my wife's and my anniversary and we went here after walking by many times. We should have kept walking.
- Lunch on the PatioHeadOfficeDined on 7/31/2014Great place to eat. Service was awesome. Prices are comparable to the local restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant after several years. We were there to celebrate my hubby's birthday. My 84-yr old mother (who is a vegetarian) was also with us and I had advised the restaurant up ahead about her dietary restrictions. They were most accomodative in meeting her needs. The food and service were impeccable - my hubby ordered the rack of lamb and I ordered the chicken with a perfectly cooked boiled egg - and they both were outstanding. Both times we were here were week days so the place was very quiet, but I have seen that it is very popular over the weekends, esp in summer. We will definitely come back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service !AmirDined on 7/28/2014This place is just awesome. Ambience is wonderful. Service is extar-ordinary. Definitely a must to go place for dinner.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience is EverythingVictoriaDined on 7/19/2014We celebrated my sister's birthday last Saturday for lunch. The beautiful room with fine lines and china providesa wonderful setting. One gets tired of the casualness of many establishements. The food was good but not exceptional as I had hoped it would be. Having said that we had the best time and food became secondary to the enjoyment of the dining experience. A big part of that was our wonderful waitress Kristina who was cheerful, knowledgeable about the menu and the wines and knew just when to be there and when to step back. She has a warm, friendly presence which made our vist really great. We would return here again simply becaue of the ambience and the wonderful reception provided by our charming waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakwater LunchJazzyDined on 7/15/2014An attractive formal dining room with attentive service. There were several good choices on the lunch menu -- club sandwich, steak sandwich, an impressive seafood pasta, flank steak. The organic salmon was disappointing, palatable but a small portion without sides, an appetizer not a main. The chicken supreme was also a skimpy serving. Didn't review the wine list but there was a good chardonnay by the glass and beers from the local microbrewery on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful atmosphere, but...foodDined on 7/6/2014The place is beautiful - really lovely - but the food was just okay and the service was dreadful. During breakfast one of the servers, a very loud woman, kept yelling things to the other servers, at one point swearing quite clearly. I don't know if she managed the other serves or not but she was quite degrading in her way of speaking to/about them which was a complete turn off. It was hard to focus on your conversation and have a nice meal with someone acting so unprofessional in the space behind you.Special Features:
- Charm in Port CreditladieslunchDined on 7/3/2014The menu doesn't offer anything especially innovative, but the food is very well prepared and the beef in the burgers and sandwiches is excellent. The service is friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Two members of our party decided to share two different entrees and the server kindly arranged to have them divided and plated in the kitchen. A pot of fresh coffee was brewed for us although we were the last guests left in the room. Tables are spaced decently far apart for private conversation and the room is very pleasant. Despite the name, the view of the lake is obstructed and (sadly) can only be glimpsed. Close to a lakeside walking trail. The patio area is charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, but.....GitteDined on 7/2/2014The food and service was excellent. We were just surprised since the name of the restaurant implied that there was a scenic view out on the lake. Unfortunately, the trees hid the view:(Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/2014We went for a romantic dinner and we will not return. The food was good but I could be better at cooking in my own kitchen. The service could be much better.Special Features:
- picky2dinepicky2dineDined on 6/29/2014Great place for brunch! A good number of balanced brunch selections. Location is a plus - by the marina. Had ample parking for clients.Special Features:
- Perfect GatheringMumofGraduateDined on 6/16/2014Monday night, we entertained our family for a celebration of my son Graduating University. I asked for it to be memorable and it defiantly was. It felt like we were gathered together in one of our homes, where everyone felt comfortable to move about the table to chat with everyone at our table as we had 17. we were able to talk easily amongst everyone and Frank and the staff were very attentful and adapted to our situation of late family members and early family members. The food was fabulous, service excellent and they made my son's celebration special with a special dessert for all with a show of 20ft flambé! Very exciting and very memorable! My son has thanked me so much for making his event so special. We will be back!Special Features:
- Will be going again!kingdtDined on 6/13/2014Went to the Breakwater Cafe on Friday evening for a special occasion and it was also the 1st time we had gone to this restaurant, we were very impressed and will go again. The restaurant itself is very nice, good location, clean and well laid out tables (not too close to each other). Straight from the start we were impressed by the service, water was brought straight away, along with bread and the waiter (Frank) explained any questions we had. We all had different starters, mains and deserts and not one of us had a bad course, the food was excellent, well prepared, well served and overall somewhere we will be going again soon.Special Features:
- Not impressedDinealotDined on 6/12/2014We were spending our last night in the area and thought we would try this restaurant. The Striploin Steak was not at the quality a $39 price would indicate and the Risotto certainly did not hit the mark. With only 4 tables occupied in the place the service should have been better.
- Food ok - service not greatneemoDined on 6/8/2014Food was good in that it was different than what you get everyday at most restaurants with just slight changes for a fresh change to the food. However test/freshness wise it wasn't the greatest. A piece of metal was found in one of our dishes. The waiter thanked us for finding it and that was it?!? Weirdest thing every, didn't offer to replace it, remove it from the bill or take a discount. That's what I guess having the choice of a tip is for I guess. The view is ok, its better than a street, but it's essentially a parking lot with cars/sail boats. Thought it would be a nicer view. It was a quiet night when we went which was nice.
- Pleasant DinnerKentuckyDerbyDined on 6/2/2014Our experience at Breakwater was "Pleasant". The service was very good and the staff were respectful and pleasant. Food was good and the restaurant was almost empty the night we were there and so it was quiet . Prices was reasonable. We will return.
- Nice experienceMarieDined on 6/1/2014Very good food in Port Credit, calm atmosphere. Would go there again!Special Features:
- Not worth the moneycouldwouldDined on 5/31/2014The food was ok nothing special. The outdoor dining was nice in the sun but tables simple in design and comfort. Service was slow and the waitress non responsive.Special Features:
- Breakfast serviceLetseatDined on 5/29/2014We have dined here for dinner for theist few years so we were very surprised and disappointed with the service we received at breakfast. This is not what was expected for such a fine dining establishment. The food was great, as expected, but we won't be back during the day if this is what daytime service looks like.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite and TraditionalACEADined on 5/23/2014I guess we were expecting a waterside view and ambiance. Everything was slow and a bit old.... its needs a bit of a make over ....Special Features:
- sdrekeDined on 5/19/2014Found the food to be disappointing, eggs benedict were below average.Special Features:
- Delicious!MarionDined on 5/17/2014Wonderful dinner, great service, lovely restaurant with a nice view. Celebrated our anniversary with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Breakwater Restaurant - Waterside Inn reviews archive.
- Great foodMarytDined on 4/29/2014There was a group of 8 of us ad the atmosphere was wonderful, quiet setting. Food was amazin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Employee AniversaryTim2puttDined on 4/28/2014We have been by this restaurant for years and said that we should try it out. When I saw it as an option on Open Table, I immediately booked it. It was everything we thought it would be and more. Very elegant and fantastic value. We will be going again.Special Features:
- "I love the relaxed feel ofTexHexVIPDined on 4/11/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The carpaccio is amazing. The Friday night raw bar was great ! Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the relaxed feel ofTexHexVIPDined on 4/11/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The soup of the day was amazing and the Caesar salad was refreshing. The new menu is out & is amazing. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordableSpecial Features:
- 51st Annversary DinnerHappyDaysDined on 4/6/2014Excellent food, exceptional service, in a classical setting, with everyone present being nicely dressed and well behaved. A welcome option to the usual noisy, loud music, average food and service, of many fine dining establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time aroundanoneaterDined on 3/19/2014We've been to Breakwater Restaurant a few years ago, and the same great service and high quality of food still exists. Reservations were simple to make via their website. Our host and server were very accommodating and knowledgeable. The food was served in a timely manner, with great presentation. Portions could be a little larger, however we left feeling satisfied. As for the taste, such a clever blend of spice with natural flavor heightened the experience. Price is about average - higher than average, but it's justified when you consider the excellent quality of food and service. We will definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!DaxNDined on 2/28/2014Surprisingly the restaurant was not packed for a Friday evening! Patrons appeared to be on the older side. Loved the food and the wine. Though, the selection of wines under $50 were limited. The portions were not too big, which we liked. Will go back.Special Features:
- love the relaxed feel of thisTexHexVIPDined on 2/28/2014love the relaxed feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The Cauliflower soup was amazing and the Foie & veal terrine . Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable.Specials were great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "I love the feel of this placeTexHexVIPDined on 2/21/2014"I love the feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely will return to try more dishes. The potato-leek soup was amazing and the grilled hearts of romaine lettuce salad was refreshing. .I loved the Waterlicious menu. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines covered a wide range & are generally affordable."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "I love the relaxed feel ofTexHexVIPDined on 2/21/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place - like brunch @ grandma's home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The Tomato soup surprisingly ( as I am not a big fan) was amazing and the mussels & risotto was light. The calamari was superb. I asked for it to be done 2 ways & that's what I got without complaint. Service was well-timed and friendly, Drinks were affordable."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.