Bread & Wine
3734 West Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60641Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bread & Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.breadandwinechicago.com/
- Phone: (773) 866-5266
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday from 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:30pm (Bar open till Midnight)
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Dean Reynolds
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Ridgeway
- Public Transit: 3 blocks east from the Irving Park blue line. We are on the Irving Park bus route and we are also 3 blocks east of the Irving park Metra stop.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a 10 space parking lot directly in front and free street parking.
A word from Bread & Wine
Bread & Wine is a New American restaurant and market.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bread & Wine reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (77)notable wine list (51)special occasion (35)romantic (32)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (19)great for brunch (16)hot spot (16)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Awesome!SherrieVIPDined on 11/8/2014Another great experience all the way around at Bread and Wine. It's obvious that everyone cares, an essential to a great experience.Special Features:
- Will be backAndyDined on 11/2/2014I get a modest corporate discount at Bread & Wine through my employer so we thought we would give it a try. There are so many things to like about Bread & Wine - the location and parking lot make it a great spot for weekend brunch without the hassle. The food is top-notch and we really appreciated our server encouraging the two of us to each try something different rather than order the same dish we were both gravitating towards. We will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- Awesome!WoohooDined on 11/1/2014We are definitely coming back to try the burger and pasta!Special Features:
- Great Food & AtmosphereannettelaurenDined on 10/18/2014Everything was so delicious, we can't wait to come back and try more! The service was amazing and the ambiance was perfect for a dinner date with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemBonbonaVIPDined on 10/18/2014Nice contemporary American cuisine. Fresh ingredients, made creatively. I like that they have seasonal menu's. Its great to find a neighborhood place like this without having to go to busy south loop, Bucktown areas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off The Urban Trail DiningOneGuyNamedMikeDined on 10/17/2014It's definitely accessible by public transportation, but it's not in one of the usual dining hot spots. Which makes this a great find. Fantastic service, great food, and a great place. They have some available parking as well. I love that it's off the beaten path a little bit and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Only place like it in neighborhoodKrisDined on 10/14/2014On this stretch of Irving Park, Bread & Wine is unique. If it were downtown or in River North, it might not be considered as special, but it's still good. Small menu of both small plates & entrees. Nice cocktail & wine list, and bottles of wine available for purchase. I had the X's & O's cocktail, which was very sweet but tasty. The entrees are nice portion sizes. I had duck confit & pumpkin tagliatelle. Bitter radicchio helped cut the rich brown butter sauce. My companion had spicy tofu & beet noodles. The best part of the meal was a small-plate starter of frisee, mushrooms, pancetta and poached egg. Chocolate mousse dessert was ok - clearly had been sitting in the fridge, pre-made for a bit. Would give it another try for sure.Special Features:
- subtle excellent cuisineBakikoDined on 10/11/2014very good. flavors not overwhelming the dishes, you can tell each ingredient with each bite with makes each component stand out. I actually smelled my food, took time with each bite because wanted to savor each ingredient. i actually tasted the fresh sage in tagliatelle dish.also tried wild mushroom with frisee salad excellent and fresh tasting. excellent staff everyone very friendly. kudos to max our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Lovely experience, great food and wonderful service. Great date night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Delicious food and cocktails, great wine list, but we were really disappointed by the service. The restaurant was really busy when we went, so hopefully once they get used to the flow, service will improve as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the neighborhoodLogan847Dined on 10/9/2014Bread and Wine has been in my immediate neighborhood for over three years and I finally decided to try it. I'm sorry I waited so long. It is a fun place with really exceptional food and a unique wine list. I thought the prices were a little high until I enjoyed the food and wine. This is a fantastic place for the neighborhood and I hope to support it as regularly as I can!Special Features:
- opentablelvrsVIPDined on 10/4/2014Happened to be in the neighborhood for an event so we chose this restaurant based on OpenTable reviews and it did not disappoint. We sat at the bar and thoroughly enjoyed the cheese plate and local beers on tap. We look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Always great food!jbuttonsDined on 10/4/2014A neighborhood favorite of ours! Always great service and food. If you do not live in the Old Irving Park area, it is worth the drive.Special Features:
- Fantastic, affordable fine diningMrsTrueDined on 10/4/2014Go to bread & wine ... You will NOT be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunchFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/27/2014As a last minute find my fiance and I came to Bread and Wine for brunch. We were seated outdoors on a gorgeous day and it was quiet and comfortable. We have a history of being very picky about food, and our meal was exactly what we were looking for. They offer egg whites and cooked our omelette perfectly to order with only the ingredients requested. We brought skim milk for coffee and they even gave us a wine ice bucket to use! Very impressed with their food and service.Special Features:
- Two out of threeOzzie2ChiTownDined on 9/26/2014Two of our three dishes were great and one was good. Salmon special over the almond risotto was fabulous! Mussels and frites also excellent. The ribbon pasta was good but not great. Would definately recommend and am certainly going back. Within this neighborhood there are no better. Gus, Eric and busser were fabulous. Service was impeccable. Also recommend the Manhattan, excellent mixology! Look forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014Service was amazing. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. The food was delicious. Definitely will go back!Special Features:
- Great Food, Even Better ServiceitrackDined on 9/19/2014The place is attractive, the service is amazing and food great. The staff seem to love their jobs. Parking in a nice added touch as is an affordable corkage.Special Features:
- hummm....mariemacDined on 9/18/2014No real handicap parking. We tried, had to park down the block. The space would not fit a small SUV if there was a car in the first normal spot. Don't believe this is a regulation spot unless you drive a motorcycle. Made a reservation like asked a day ahead of time via Groupon. Table selection was poor. The place is LOUD, however the food is good. Service is slow to start but ends up good if you can order the appetizer. I have to say the best thing on the menu was the salted caramel popcorn panna cotta.
- Rare FindgreatfindDined on 9/13/2014This is a great find for my wife and I. We tried the restaurant based on a Groupon and we're very pleased with the fond. The chef has a great ability to take some ingredients you would not think to combine and male the work very nicely. We definitely plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried Gnochi Squares the amazing!NMR7Dined on 9/12/2014Overall, we enjoyed our experience. What we liked the best: cheese and ham plate and the fried square gnochi! What we liked the least: the burger. Very disappointing and completely raw inside when I had asked for medium well preparation.Special Features:
- Terrific Food / Very LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I had a great dinner at Bread and Wine. The menu is interesting, the food is wonderful, and our server was excellent. We arrived at 6:30pm on a Friday night, and only a few tables were occupied. We were enjoying our dinner, but as the restaurant tables, chef's counter and bar filled up, it just got louder and louder and louder. I know this type of high energy scene is popular these days. But my wife and I really enjoy good conversation while we dine. And by 8pm this was impossible. We could not hear each other across the table without shouting. And for us, that does not make a pleasant dining experience. So, great food and service, but way too loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!WilliamDined on 9/7/2014We love visiting Break & Wine's brunch on Sundays, although we're always shocked it's not as crowded as we think it should be. Could be it's position down Irving Park, but they really offer one of the best brunches in town.Special Features:
- Friday night at Bread and WinesugarnspiceDined on 9/5/2014I like the fact that the ingredients are fresh and mostly locally grown. We used a Groupon which is somewhat necessary as it is a bit expensive for a middle class income.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- georgieDined on 9/3/2014Good and interesting dishes. Entrees could have been a little bigger.Special Features:
- Delicious and unpretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2014Brunch was fantastic. Lots of good flavors without anything weird or too fancy for no reason. Great aesthetic and relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst ServiceSallyODined on 8/30/2014It took 10 minutes for our waiter to see us when we sat down. We finally had to ask our hostess if one could come to our table. Our drinks took a long time to come out. Dinner took a long time to come out. You get tired of tapping your fingers on the table. We ordered dessert at the beginning of the meal and it came out a good 25 minutes after they cleared our dinner plates. We couldn't even drink coffee while we waited because we ordered it right after dinner and that took a good 15-20 minutes to get to our table. They even forgot to bring the pasta that I had boxed up back to us. I had to ask for it, to which our waiter said, "Oh yea!" Yeesh, this place wasn't on top of anything. Food was unremarkable. Would NOT recommend.
- just so soOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/29/2014Service was very slow; we waited awhile between every course and it wasn't worth the wait. For better food and much better service, go a bit further down Irving Park to Central and go to the Portage.Special Features:
- ME2reviewVIPDined on 8/29/2014The call they made to me on the day of our reservation to confirm was a nice touch and turned out to be helpful as I needed to change the number of people in our reservation several times. They were most gracious about it. An excellent time was had by all!Special Features:
- Hidden Gem Smashed by GrouponLaurieDined on 8/23/2014I was able to find out about Bread & Wine through a Groupon I received as a gift - 2 small plates, 2 large plates, and 2 desserts - for $59. This almost sounds too good to be true and it kind of was. It was great to sit at the Chef's Table and experience the kitchen, but it was apparent there were too few cooks, too many orders coming in, and not enough servers. I would love to return to Bread and Wine during a less hectic period to enjoy the dining experience. And the Groupon should be updated to be 1 small plate/2 large plates/1 dessert based on the fact that I was stuffed after the appetizers, we ended up taking home the desserts, the kitchen would be better able to handle orders, and that they would still be offering a great deal.Special Features:
- Great Date NightDebbieDined on 8/23/2014When we arrived the place was only half full, but by the time we left it was packed. The drinks were outside the norm, but decent and the food was good. The dim lighting made it romantic for our date night, however there were families there with children as well. Overall a great place to try.Special Features:
- Fabulous Find!spiritsgeekDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I have driven past Bread & Wine multiple times and kept saying "we should go there sometime". With a Groupon popping up for there I decided that Saturday was the prime time to finally try it. I am so bummed we waited this long! It's a lovely little place with attentive (but not too much) staff, a great drink list and absolutely phenomenal food. We will definitely be back. In fact, though it's just a couple weeks away, we plan to go back to celebrate our anniversary there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surprise on Irving RdCuznbartVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great neighborhood restaurant on w. Irving. Charcuterie is excellent as are the speciality drinks and entrées.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bread and wineMJT26Dined on 8/15/2014Grey experience all around - we will be back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to have brunch or dinnermeltdwnforceDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I like to go once a month to the restaurant. I love that it moved into the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great Group PlacecitygirlVIPDined on 8/13/2014There were 8 of us that met for book club here! Great restaurant. Excellent wine and 1/2 price bottles on Tuesdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findluv2dineDined on 8/2/2014We went to Bread and Wine as a last minute idea. They were able to seat us no problem, and even on the patio. The evening was lovely, and the food excellent. Our sever, Max, was a gem - he and my husband hit it off instantly and he was able to make spot on recommendations that worked out real well. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gem!NancyODined on 7/31/2014Lovely place with parking too. Good food, wine and service -- what more could you ask for? I have been there several times and will be sure to go back again soon.Special Features:
- Great food- terrible ambienceDthcrsVIPDined on 7/25/2014We dined inside, not warm and inviting- concrete floors, hi-end plastic chairs. Not what we expected. The food was awesome- very well prepared and interesting presentations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnMJG27Dined on 7/25/2014This is our second time, my husband and I enjoyed both times. The food is present beautifully and taste wonderful. Neighborhood spot with downtown fare.Special Features: