Brazz Carvery & Steakhouse
500 S College St Suite 150
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Brazz Carvery & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://brazz.co/
- Phone: 7043155704x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Brazz Carvery & Steakhouse
Join us at Brazz Carvery & Steak House for traditional Brazilian dining and a unique experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brazz Carvery & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (26)romantic (21)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (11)hot spot (8)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We totally enjoyed our dinner at Brazz for my boyfriend's birthday. The choices just kept coming and they were delicious. We were ready to explode when we left. They even brought him an amazing flan with a little candle for his birthday. The waiters were all very attentive and made the evening all the more enjoyable. It is a little on the expensive side so we willonly be going for special occasions but it is well worth it.Special Features:
- A Great Last Minute Find!OlgaDined on 9/15/2014Comfortable atmosphere, GREAT service, delicious food--I can't say anything bad about this place except that they want to continually feed you till you pop! The servers were incredibly attentive, the sides were plentiful at the buffet, and each piece of meat, fish, and chicken were so tender, you could use a butter knife to cut through them. It happened to be my birthday and was served a homemade flan with a candle in the middle! It was so thoughtful, and the flan was creamy and wonderful!! I thoroughly enjoyed my first experience at Brazz and will definitely go again!Special Features:
- service was weirdOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014The food was very good, service was weird. We had 4 servers, 2 of which were relentless in asking for upgrades i.e. drinks/dessert, while ignoring our cues with body language and flat out no's. One server joked about us having nightmares for not getting dessert and to think of her when this happened in the middle of the night. It would be beneficial to have one server. That way you don't get bombarded duplicate efforts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSbw1Dined on 8/30/2014The food was very good and the staff was very friendly and funny. The food in the salad bar was fresh. We enjoyed ourselves very much, even though we had to take a long walk around Charlotte to let all of that meat settle :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicePanthergirl08Dined on 8/22/2014The staff was amazing! Had one of my best services here! Salad bar was extensive and had a great varied. I loved that they had an authentic Brazilian dish on the bar. Meats were great and the servers were enthusiast made you feel like every cut was made to order for your table. Can't say enough great things!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth a visitTravelerDined on 8/21/2014After eating in several similar chains, like Fogo de Chao, I was dissappointed in Brazz. Rodizios did not pay attention to requests, meat options limited, and quality just OK. I asked for rare and they repeatedly served medium well meat, because they did not want to go back and get another skewer, or maybe beacase all the meat was overcooked. Maybe becasure they were so empty they only had one skewer of each item and kept reheating it until it was overdone. We were there on a Thursday at 7 PM. If you want Brazilian, go to Chima. It is close by and much better. I was in town on business, and canceled my reservation for another night at Brazz in favor of Chima. Excellent move. No wonder the place was virtually empty word must be out
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We had a great anniversary dinner here and enjoyed it very much. Very pleasant staff. Dinner was pricey for what I usually like to pay so will save this for special occasion. My husband eats here at lunch often and feels price is good for business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st, celebrating 4th yr anniversaryPalmersDined on 8/15/2014This was my wife and I first experience at Brazz Co. Great place, with fast and hilarious waiters. Had to change my reservations a few times prior to going, and they made it so easy. We eat meet about 2-3 times a year and from now on we select this place to do it at. The only downside ( which is me being nickpicky') is there was not much alone time. Bewteen the open table service and the three waitress refilling our drink every 30 seconds, it was kinda uneasy. Hey people complain about slow, unattentive service all the time. Funny making comments about "too fast of a service". But trust me you will enjoy the experience. Come hungry and with loose fitting clothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed, not going backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014We waited for 15 minutes for a table despite having a reservation. The waiter signaled us from across the room to sit down at table. He then rushed our drink orders (was anxious to leave as if he had somewhere better to be be). The food options at the buffet were limited and then our bill was wrong. The place was not that busy for lunch. Not sure how much longer it will be around.
- Good but not GreatHisskittyDined on 8/9/2014The service was good. All of the waiters were friendly, courteous and fast. The however was only so so and definitely not worth the cost. Thankfully we had a Groupon but even with that the dinner for two and two drinks with tip was over $100. If the food had been spectacular it might have been worth it. I will say that if you go don't order a drink you could save a few bucks. A simple Sangria was $10. That is insane for a little cheap wine, fruit and grape juice. On the positive side they gave me flan with a candle for my birthday. :)Special Features:
- Evening Dinner disappointmentluvBrazilianFoodDined on 8/8/2014We took another couple to Brazz to celebrate their engagement. My wife and I have dined numerous times at other Brazilian steak houses and this one did not measure up. The steak was undercooked (even for medium rare) and non of it had the traditional Brazilian flavors. The salad bar was good but the chicken salad was just plain minced chicken salad and did not taste homemade. Also, they did not serve the traditional Brazilian cheese bread at the table. The service was good and the deserts were excellent. Would not recommend.
- Recommend this placeNellieDined on 8/7/2014We met with friends at the restaurant for our first visit. We sat at the bar for a beer and enjoyed a talk with the bartender. Our 3 friends arrived and we were seated near a gregarious group who were having fun. Having eaten at several Brazilian Steak Houses we were impressed to find individual selections of meat dishes. My selection of pork was tasty but tough. A thinner cut would have been acceptable. The salad bar was excellent and the service was great if a little distracted. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- everything was greatcitylightsDined on 8/4/2014Everything was great. My husband was pleased and he's no easy win in the food arena. We visited on a Monday night that happened to be our anniversary and couldn't have had a better time. We really enjoyed everything from service to the variety of foods; the meats were served non stop and fresh. Try the scallops and lamb. Please be prepared to feast and even meet some nice people in this fine establishment.Special Features:
- Terrible ...Go to Chimas insteadC1499Dined on 8/2/2014Terrible service. Food was not good. I eat at Chima's several times a year and decided to try another Brazilian steakhouse and I am totally disappointed . DO NOT EAT HERE
- Great experienceSherylDined on 8/2/2014The food and service were exceptional. All food was prepared correctly and came to the table hot. There was no wait time for drink refills or other services. Will go back.
- Nice dining experiencetigger13Dined on 7/27/2014This resturant has a nice atmosphere. The staff was friendly and the food was outstanding. I would recommend this resturant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brazz ReviewReviewsDined on 7/27/2014I was not impressed at all with Brazz especially in comparison with Chima which is the other Brazilian Steakhouse in uptown. The salad bar was half the size of Chima, and the items on the salad bar were not good. There were no sauces for the different meats. The quality of the meat was good. The best thing is the people that were serving the meat - they were very attentive and knew what temperature each person liked their meat and brought it over when they had fresh meat. I would never return to Brazz as I would always pick Chima over Brazz.
- I love this place!4theLuvofFoodDined on 7/27/2014I just had my second visit to Brazz on Sunday, and it didn't disappoint! My beau and I took my parents for their anniversary, and they loved it too! It just happens that I have only visited during restaurant week, so now I don't know that I could go any other time simply because of the 10$ break that's offered then. I do plan to book this spot for my wedding rehearsal dinner, as I will be getting married at the Mint and I'd love to share this little gem with my loved ones! I'd recommend again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visit!CltRestaurantWeekFoodie14Dined on 7/26/2014My group of six visited Brazz during this summer's Queen's Feast. Overall, it was a great experience. My rating is a reflection of the group's overall feelings toward our visit. Everyone loved the food. One of the chefs even made a concentrated effort to provide meat that wasn't on the menu to one of us. The salad bar was plentiful and could have fulfilled anyone. The meat was tasty and we never went without for too long. The desserts were to die for! Some people in my group were not impressed with our server, though other servers and assistants provided great service to our table. We felt that the combination of overall good service, great food, and an intimate environment made for a great visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderful!pcjcscDined on 7/26/2014Love Brazz! The food is always hot and absolutely delicious - there is nothing I don't enjoy here. If you leave this restaurant hungry, that is completely your fault :-) Service is impeccable and the staff members are personable and enjoyable. I have been to other Brazilian steakhouses and the quality and taste of their food simply does not compare to Brazz. This is a must try!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locsbyjermilesDined on 7/25/2014This place was great! The food was good the atmosphere was romantic and they give you to much food definitely. It was man vs food in the joint!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for foodiesDeepblueVIPDined on 7/24/2014Loved the selection.. Nice place.. A good find in uptown .. especially since Chimas is exorbitant !Special Features:
- 3rd Visit and Wow!KaluigDined on 7/24/2014I am from Brazil and this was my thrid visit to Brazz. I continue to be impressed. This time, the restaurant was packed for 2014 July's restaurant week edition. Service was still good despite the restaurant being full. Meats were awesome, as always! Salad bar continues to be excellent. It was a good surprise to have a better "pao de queijo" (cheese bread) in the appetizer section. It could still be improved by making it more gueing and less fluffy, put less water or milk in the ingredients. Fried polenta was awesome and the croquette continues to be delicious. Good surprise was black beans in the hot section, although dry, taste was good. Pls add farofa/mandioc flour. I will be back again. Hopefully, with some good surprises... :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok value but service was not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I took a group of 7 and had reservations for 12;30. We were seated promptly despite a long line waiting (this was the best thing of the service). Once seated, there were no plates to begin eating, several of the items on the buffet were empty (even after the plates arrived) and it took several minutes to get our drinks. Once we got plates and the food arrived it was decent (the meats were really good but the sides were average at best). Overall it was an average place to eat and not to expensive for uptwon eating considering it was a buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good, chaotic serviceFoodieRNDined on 7/23/2014From the start, I felt very pressured from the host to eat on their time schedule. We arrived 5 min early and were told we needed to wait closer to our reservation Nd to grab a drink. We grabbed a drink, but the host then was getting antsy that our table was ready and kept rushing us to move to the table. There was no communication between the servers and no one knew what we needed. I asked for more polenta twice on top of wine (both apart of the meal). The waiter never brought either. Finally after eating an entire meal, And never seeing out server, I grabbed someone else. The server came back to say it was my fault I didn't order my drink right away. The manager had to comp our drinks...he offered dessert, but I was too full.Special Features:
- Decent Food. Decent ServiceilikefoodDined on 7/23/2014Maybe I'm being a little generous with the title. The food was fair at best. You had the delicious flank steak that was tenderly cooked....and then you had the bacon wrapped chicken that was sadly dry. And after waiting 20 minutes after specifically asking for the filet mignon, I found it to be lacking. In no way tender like a filet is supposed to be. Nonetheless, Brazilian steakhouses tend to charm me so if I was in the area and craving a buffet of meat, I would return. Otherwise, I'll just go to to Chima.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceNortongeneDined on 7/23/2014Visited here during resturant week. This place is great. Everyone should try this place once as a special treat. If you are a carnivor you really need to go. My personal favorites were the baby sirloin and the top sirloin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Brazilian steakhousePMarshDined on 7/20/2014Finding it on the Queens feast list, we thought we would try it out. The ambience is nice, good location. Hostess was a little stand offish, could have been because they were busy. The servers them selves seemed nice but more of a forced niceness. Food was basic Brazilian steakhouse, nothing tremendously outstanding about the selection its self. There were some bright spots, the lamb was nice. The drinks were mysterious, we had mango and passion fruit juice, ended up drinking the water. Tried the national drink, capprehinea, will not make that mistake twice. Over all better than China's, still below the original Brazzas that used to be on Independence and no where near Amour de Brazil, which to us is still the best.Special Features:
- Not as good as ChimaJmo5682Dined on 7/20/2014Brazz was an alright place but does not compare to Chima. The main gentleman that we dealt with that greeted us at the table and brought out check to us had a terrible attitude. When asking him. question, he acted like we were bothering him. Not to mention he looked angry and like he just got out of prison. The meat guys were ok but the selection was terrible. Where was the fish???? I know this was restaurant week but if you can't keep up, don't participate. Salad bar was low in food the entire time and didn't get to try anything. Maybe it different when it's not Reasturant weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of meat!Happy2bethereDined on 7/20/2014Wanted to try Brazz for awhile finally went during queens feast. Felt the service from main servers could have been a little better. It's like they were fighting for tables?!$(. As expected they didn't serve the "best meat" until the end. If you ask for it, however, they will bring it. Happy we went but won't rush to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Queens FeastmeeeeeDined on 7/20/2014We went during Queens Feast and the value was excellent. The food and service were outstanding. The scenery is bland but the food and service made that easy to overlook. Not sure I would go any time except queens feast, but if I was looking to spend a bunch of money on a meal then Brazz would definitely be a top contender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014The meats were excellent. They were very moist and flavorfull. The ambience was nice and infiormal. My only wish is that the salad bar had more choices. That would be the only thing I think they would need to improve on. Otherwise it was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good MeatPurdieBarnesDined on 7/19/2014The salad bar wasn't all that great. There was a lot of different salads that I tried, and only a couple things that I enjoyed. The meat was outstanding. I would go back and just eat a giant plate of meat!Special Features:
- Overcooked meats. Too much pepper.ncstargazingDined on 7/19/2014The ribs were so tough, that I could barely pry the meat from the bone. In fact, nearly all of the meats were undesirable, in one way or another. Service was slow, but attentive when they were present. The food lacked seasoning (except for black pepper, which was overly abundant). On a brighter note, the Passion Fruit juice was delicious. And, the strawberry cheesecake was tasty. A friend ordered the flan and was quite pleased. Still, I would not return to this restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014The food was excellent but the service was extremely poor.Special Features:
- Queens FeastJK803Dined on 7/18/2014We went for Queen's Feast, our first visit ... food was good, but not really worthy of Queen's Feast. All entree items were reasonably priced to begin with, so basically it just forced your to have appetizer and dessert and maybe you saved a couple of bucks. Food was decent but nothing to write home about. Good for groups, lots of people with children ... not my ideal date night spot.Special Features:
- Michelle, Charlotte NCHotCarversDined on 7/18/2014Brazz was chosen during Charlotte's Restaurant Week by a couple of co-workers! The food was hot, delicious, and well organized. The Carvers were all good along with the wait staff. All staff were knowledgeable of the Wine list and meats. We all enjoyed the ambience at Brazz! Great for a date night as well! Ill be back and recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meatlovers DreamMeatloverDined on 7/12/2014The place is outstanding. The food is excellent, meat selections great, as well as the soup/ salad bars, and the service is the best. We eat there on special occasions.Special Features:
- Excellent Service!JumpmanDined on 6/29/2014Dined here on a Sunday night and the service was phenomenal. The good was amazing, and the staff was very helpful and made sure to keep us satisfied the entire time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTvilledineDined on 6/28/2014The food is probably some of the best food I've ever taste. Everything I tasted was incredible. Also there service was outstanding. They never let are drinks get low, and they continued to bring awesome meats with flawless marinade to the table. All together this was great experience for the wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.