787 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
BrazilianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://brazilgrill48.com/
- Phone: 2123079449
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: LUNCH: 12:00 noon - 4:00pm; DINNER: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- Executive Chef: RAFAEL TEPANCAL
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering created to order.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Paulinho (347)665-6787
- Entertainment: LIVE BRAZILIAN MUSIC ( MPB, JAZZ & BOSSA NOVA ) ON FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS NIGHTS 8pm - 12am. WE TRANSMIT BRAZILIAN-LEAGUE SOCCER MATCHES ON WEDNESDAYS, SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS.
- Special Events: Send text message with all pertinent information to (347) 665-6787
A word from Brazil Grill
The Authentic Brazilian Restaurant in New York City, featuring a complete Menu( Steaks, Salads, Pastas, Vegetarians Pastas & Plates, Pork Chops, Seafood and more ), a Prix Fixe 3 courses menu ( included our home made desserts ), and "ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT" BBQ with 10 types of meat & several salads on the 2nd floor. Outwork of Brazilians Artists & Singers when they are visiting the Big Apple. Happy Hour Every day 12 noon thru 7:00pm only U$ 4.00 , Sunday & Monday all day long. (Bar only)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brazil Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- The soup came cold so I couldn'tGgjc1VIPDined on 4/1/2014The soup came cold so I couldn't eat it. The paella was tasty and the seafood in it was fresh. The restaurant was virtually empty when we went pre- theater, but the servers were still socializing with each other, so we didn't get much attention.Special Features:
- felt goodBlacklug2013VIPDined on 3/23/2014The food and service made me feel good as I have the all you can eat rodizio. I enjoyed all meats and prompt serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not fine diningJanetDined on 3/21/2014We were looking for fine dining, but the ambiance was much less than impressive. Right in the door, we were asked if we were there for the all you can eat or the regular menu. We went to our table and rickety chairs and were given a plastic coated menu. The dining room is in the same space as the bar, which sets the tone for the whole place. We got a glass of wine, and decided to go eat somewhere else, so I can't speak for the food. The location is near theaters, which is a plus, but if you are looking for a nice date night type of place, this isn't it.
- The food is greatScorpionVIPDined on 3/15/2014The food is great but they could work on the decor downstairs. We had all you can eat and meat was really tasty but very salty.Special Features:
- Halfway decent food + poor serviceALamVIPDined on 3/14/2014My sister and I came here for the rodizio one day to check out alternatives to the other crazy expensive restaurants in manhattan, but even with a groupon, its really not worth the price you pay. If you want rodizio, you get sent deep into the basement, rather than eating on the ground level. Its stairs only, so if you're on crutches like me, its difficult to get to. The meats come out very sparingly, and the hot buffet is only mildly lukewarm. When you ask for rice or fried bananas (neither of which were at the hot buffet, but listed as options on the menu), it takes 45 minutes to get it. Even asking for a Coke took us requesting it 3 times, over 40 minutes. We didn't finish our wine bottle, but we weren't allowed to take it with us.
- Food was pretty good but slowPE77Dined on 3/8/2014Food was pretty good but slow and the reservation does not stipulate that you have to specifically reserve for the Brazilian steak house experience. We picked the resturraunt for that reason so were disappointed
- Worth the price!!!HurleygirlDined on 3/5/2014Great restaurant.. Terrific food and service. Very accomodating.. Enjoyed the whole package.Special Features:
- I hope you like onionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014The ambiance was maybe a step above a hospital cafeteria. The sangria was the highlight of the meal, yet it wasn't excellent. Service was good. Food was nothing special to be kind. I had the blackened steak. The flavor was ok but nothing special. My date had the cod, or should I say the place of grilled onions with a little cod on the side. Ended up paying $100 plus for two partially eaten dishes and the prospect of sticking around for desert was laughable. All around, it was an embarrassing experience taking someone I actually liked to this restaurant. Won't make that mistake again.
- Nice staffNycdinningDined on 2/13/2014Have a great dinner with my date...Servers were Nice and very quickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013Food was ok but over-priced. We went there because we got a Groupon as a gift. The first time we went there, it was closed. We tried to call the number but no one answered the phone. This time before we went, I called and make sure it was open that day. My husband and I both agree that their food was ok, nothing special but very expensive. We will not go back again.
- Great Brazilian Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/3/2013We had such a great time! They have the best feijoada in town, it cannot be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here because it was closeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2013Went here because it was close to the theater where we were seeing a play. It was better than many of the reviews I had read, but the food is only fair. The wait staff was friendly.
- The food was good. We startedcmwarwinDined on 4/25/2013The food was good. We started with the cod bolinhos & the aipim with sausage -- both good. My wife enjoyed the picanha for her main. My muqueca was pretty good, but not as well-seasoned as I'm used to eating in Bahia; and there certainly was not enough of the typical dende oil that's an essential ingredient there. The service was fine. Our server recommended a Chilean sauvignon blanc which worked very well -- before and during our meal.
- The food here was ok, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2013The food here was ok, and I'm being nice. The environment was cheap and i felt like i was sitting in a diner instead of a "nice" restaurant. The staff were nice and polite, very friendly, probably the best thing about this place. I went for the all you can eat rodizio and on a scale from 1-10, I'd rate my overall experience a 4. I will not be visiting this restaurant again.
- The food was good, but thePBeeDined on 4/7/2013The food was good, but the service was a bit lacking.
- Pass on this Restaurant - Horrible!beckyberry822VIPDined on 4/6/2013This establishment advertises ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT 10 DIFFERENT MEATS for $34.95/pp on Saturdays! Sounds reasonable and great, right? Well, it's false advertisement. First of all, there is only 7 meats not 10. All-you-can-eat is not what it is. You get the 7 meats and then the meat is gone. Staff acts like they don't understand you when they come over and ask if you are finished and you tell them no and they take away your plates and turn your topper to RED. Really? $2.80 for a soda and no refills, not that the staff informs you of this. They state they have a salad bar, well, that's a joke. It's a table with three hot items and a salad bar with a bunch of empty dishes. Go elsewhere! There are plenty of better Rodizio and Churascaria Restaurants
- We had Rodizio service ("all-you-caOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013We had Rodizio service ("all-you-can-eat") and the food was excellent!!! Service was great, staff was friendly and very helpful!Special Features:
- The Rodizio was awesome andGabeNWayneVIPDined on 2/21/2013The Rodizio was awesome and the satff were very inviting and helpful. The caipirinha was delicious. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- excellent food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2013excellent food and great service. Generous portions off the menu main floor or all you can eat buffet downstairs. Live music!Special Features:
- We sought a varied culturalGDudeVIPDined on 1/19/2013We sought a varied cultural dinner and happened upon the Braizl Grill as we walked along 8th Avenue. We were pleasantly surprised by the authenticity of the food and the pleasantness of the atmosphere. Food was served nicely and the quality was good. PRicing was good and service was friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- food was fair. but way tooniniDined on 1/19/2013food was fair. but way too salty. not so much the mariscada but the meat was too salty. service was poor. they never came back to my table to make sure we were content. overall, they are much better places in NYC to eat.
- The meats from the RodizioVoorheesiansDined on 12/23/2012The meats from the Rodizio service ("all-you-can-eat") were of good quality and reasonably plentiful. The a la carte salmon was excellent as well. Unfortunately the skirt steak (Churrasco de Boi) was thin, over-cooked and rather tough with gristle. The desserts were excellent, and the cappuccinos were absolutely superb!! (I'm jealous of their milk-frothing skill!!). The service was good, and all of the wait-staff were extremely friendly. We'd go back again, and I'd definitely have the Rodizio again!Special Features:
- Not a good choice.kelli75095Dined on 12/16/2012We didn't have a great experience. Disappointing. We had a good table by the window so we were able to enjoy watching the action outside, but we were by the door also and it was cold because the door was always being opened. My black bean soup was tasty, but it wasn't served hot. The rest of the food was bland. No bread or crackers were served with my soup or any of the meals. The Caesar Salad had two small croutons on it. We had to ask for refills of ice tea. The waitress was annoyed because we didn't each order a full meal and pretty much ignored us the rest of the time. We were there early so it wasn't busy. The busboy came by holding a container and cleared our dishes. He's the one who asked us if we wanted dessert.Special Features:
- Disapointing RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Brazil Grill was a let down. Made reservations and wanted to try the brazil all you can eat bbq, unfortunately their website or menu doesn't state that it's only available after 5pm on Saturday and you have to sit in the basement! The service was one of the worst experiences I have had at a restaurant. Drinks took forever, had to remind the waiter on 2 seperate ocassions, waiter had to verify our order 2x after ordering, food was slow to arrive. Had to ask for the check 3x, then they charged me the incorrect amount on my credit card and now have had to dispute with my credit card company. Manager seems nice but needs a visit from Gordan Ramsey as this is a Kicthen Nightmares episode waiting to happen.
- The food was light and fresh.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2012The food was light and fresh. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their dinner. Price was average.
- I went to Brazil Grill afterfrancisco2prVIPDined on 12/10/2012I went to Brazil Grill after the theater, because it is open late. This restaurant is acceptable, but not better than that. Next time I will look for a better late night option.
- We ran late due to trafficSurprisedinerDined on 11/17/2012We ran late due to traffic coming into the city and they were able to move our reservations to later. We were in a rush because we had broadway tickets and the waitstaff was very accommodating and served us right away. The food was delicious and the service was prompt.Special Features:
- could be very good, but...njlowbDined on 11/9/2012Went for the all-you-can-ear rodizio. Tried about eight of the meats. Most were very good, maybe could have used a little more seasoning. No real complaints about the food, but the ambiance of the basement, where they served the rodizio, left a lot to be desired. I'm all for the unfinished NYC basement look, to a point. The floor was just a gray concrete, in need of paint, if not some tiling to spruce it up. Bricks in the ceiling, steel beam showing is all good, but nasty looking crud along an edge of the ceiling, not so good. Music consisted of what looked like a boom box that distorted on some songs. Shame that the good live music upstairs couldn't be pumped downstairs via a decent system. $40 per person? Not so sure the value is there.
- it was in the basement andsugarbabyVIPDined on 10/27/2012it was in the basement and the ceiling was peeling .............
- A night out on the townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012My friend and I had a great time that was my second time there the food keeps on coming,coming,coming thats the amazing part the service was IMPRESSIVE had a blast.Special Features:
- Didn't feel like it was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012Didn't feel like it was very memorable. Although their coconut shrimp was delicious.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2012The food and service were good. We had a Groupon coupon and they honored it with no problem. A very enjoyable experience.
- Great Restaurant with Live Music!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/15/2012Great food! They also have a live band playing samba music which is pretty awesome. The Rodizio all you can eat buffet is super legit. Def do that. Cocktails and sangria are ultimately strong! Do the Leblon caiprinha. Also, ask for the hot chilis and eat it with everything!Special Features:
- The upstairs part of the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012The upstairs part of the restaurant is really nice, however if you get the "All you can eat" deal you are seated in the basement. It looks like basement and there is no air conditioning. The food set up is very poor, and the tables are camped together. The waiter that served me was non attentive and had a poor attitude. I asked for a different waiter for the rest of the evening. The food was very good. I would go back for the food but I would sit upstairs.
- No atmosphere. Dining in aroniVIPDined on 9/8/2012No atmosphere. Dining in a basement. Food was hot and tasty.
- I was with a party of five.hakanDined on 9/1/2012I was with a party of five. The waiter with then pony tail took our orders without writing anything down. When he came with our appetizers he got two orders wrong. When we told him he proceeded to tell us that we git it wrong.
- Drenched but fun birthday!!!FrequentaVIPDined on 8/15/2012We went to Brazil Grill to celebrate my birthday last week and unfortunately for us, there were torrential downpours throughout the day. The staff at Brazil Grill were great, allowing me to sit at my table early, dry off (smiles) and wait for my family. Although the look and feel is a bit tourist-y, the food is fabulous and the Brazilian music that began just before we left was beautiful. All in all, it was a fun birthday and I would go there again.Special Features:
- eh...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012The steak was nothing special. I expected serious good beef but was dissappointed. Service was excellent. The outside decor did not match the inside decor which I thought was odd. Outside was colorful and I felt like I was someplace other than NYC. Inside was more earth tones ..not a Brazilian feel inside.Special Features:
- Good food, boring dated atmosphere.Headhunt1VIPDined on 8/7/2012Good food, boring dated atmosphere. Service tries hard. I would eat there again maybe if I was in the neighborhood.
- The stroganoff was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2012The stroganoff was amazing! Our server, Alex, was very knowledgeable & friendly-will request him when we go next time. Prices were very reasonable. Only negative was an extremely loud woman at the table next to us-not the restaurants fault, but she was obnoxious. Will definitely go back!Special Features: