465 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mfa.org/
- Phone: 6173693474x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday & Tuesday Lunch: 11:30AM - 3PM
Wednesday - Friday Lunch: 11:30AM - 3PM, Dinner: 5:30 - 8PM
Saturday Brunch: 11:30 - 3PM
Sunday Brunch: 11:30 - 3PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Timothy Partridge
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bravo Restaurant
Nestled among the grand masters of art and design in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, the variety of dining venues from Restaurant Associates stir the senses. Seasonally inspired menus, and artfully prepared cuisine are marked with an emphasis on sustainable, and local ingredients. Award-winning wine list and casual-contemporary atmosphere. All MFA Members receive a 15% discount off food. Seasonally Inspired, Artfully Prepared.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bravo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (46)great for lunch (41)great for brunch (35)fit for foodies (31)romantic (27)good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (8)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Our FavoriteDining3Dined on 8/28/2014Excellent food and wine, quiet, allowing for conversation. Lots to discuss after viewing interesting exhibits at the MFA. Also, the chef prepared me a special and delicious vegan option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing Repast at MFABlondieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Limited menu but excellent food. Comfortable, relaxing decor and service. Discounts for members are a plus. We plan to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We wanted to spend an afternoon at the museum and thought brunch before sounded nice. I was delighted with the whole experience, from the food down to the jazz on piano and bass. We will be doing this again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location but overcooked meatValentinaDined on 8/22/2014Bravo's location is amazing and the ambiance, while not superlative, is very nice nonetheless. I felt that the menu was a bit overpriced given the quality of the food. My husband and I ordered a salad, two meat entrees and shared a dessert. The salad was sizable and tasty. However, the two meat entrees (crispy duck and filet mignon) were both overcooked - we ordered them medium rare and we got instead medium well, almost well done. Both entrees were about $28 each. The sides that accompanied both dishes were tasty, but could not make up for the excessive cooking of the meats. Had we not been waiting for the entrees for what felt like a long time, we would have sent the dishes back. The honey cheesecake was a good dessert to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to an old friendCrossenDined on 8/22/2014We live a good hour away from the Museum of Fine Arts, so we don't get there very often. When we do, we almost invariably schedule the visit to include lunch at Bravo; hence we do consider it an "old friend." It is pricey -- it's easy to spend $75 per person for lunch, including a glass of wine an a generous tip -- but as I said, we don't get there every day, and the wonderfully quiet, relaxed experiences available there are, to us, worth it.Special Features:
- Bravo is very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014This restaurant is a gem on its own merit and as part of MFA is superb. Reminded me of the Modern in MOMASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dininog at the MFAfoodasartDined on 8/20/2014The menu is superb with excellent well prepared selections, Creatviity and presentations are a visual delight. The ambience fits in well with the MFA. The service outstanding and thoughful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No bravo for BravoArtloverDined on 8/20/2014Of all the restaurants at the Museum of Fine Arts Bravo is the most expensive and least appealing. The menus is limited, portions small and quality just ok. Two wines on the menu were not available. Service was unexceptional. We were looking for a 1:00 reservation but that was unavailable even though the restaurant was only about one third full at 1:00. I had brought out of town guests to the museum for a special occasion and wanted an exceptional lunch experience. This wasn't it. I've had far better meals in the cafeteria. The single plus was not having to wait in line.
- Gem within a GemTopNotch10VIPDined on 8/14/2014Tucked inside the Museum of Fine Arts is a truly wonderful restaurant. Beautifully designed, spacious with gracious service, this dining room is well worth the effort it takes to stop by the MFA. Guided by the creative hand of Tim Partridge, the food options are all tempting. At yesterday's lunch on the terrace overlooking an interior courtyard, the lobster salad and crab cakes were top notch. A well chosen wine listing adds to the pleasure. Deserts are not overdone - that is, everything is not chocolate like in most places -- but I always get the cookie plate!Special Features:
- reunionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014This is a great spot to meet with out of town family and friends you haven't seen for a long time. Great reunion spot. Can talk easily in quiet atmosphere, then go see fabulous exhibits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet evening450painterDined on 8/7/2014Great spot after walking through the museum. Very comfortable and quiet. Food excellent although abut expensive. Service was very slow in the beginning but got better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!!!!!FoodieDined on 8/6/2014Everything about BRAVO was wonderful! The food was truly delicious. Service was fantastic too. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful meal.DeeDeeDiVIPDined on 8/6/2014Beautifully presented, delicious food in a guiet, sophisticated, adult setting where you can actually carry on a conversation. Nice service tops it off.Special Features:
- Fine Art And Fine CuisineJazzyFoodieDined on 7/31/2014Bravo at the MFA is one of the best dining experiences to be had anywhere in Boston. The food was excellent and the service was courteous and prompt. Although several other diners were present at dinnertime, it was quiet and pleasant. I felt the servings were generous and the prices very reasonable for Boston. My roast lamb was outstanding, and my friends loved the bass and the trout as well. We had no trouble at all making a last minute reservation, and it was worth the effort to get there early, and explore the MFA beforehand. If you are a member of the MFA, you will receive a 15 percent discount on your meal as well. This makes a great dining experience even better. Bravo is one of the best places to dine in Boston, and is recommended.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!Foodie199Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I were visiting the MFA, and we had lunch at Bravo. What an outstanding restaurant! The service throughout was professional but friendly, the food was fresh, wonderfully done, and very tasty! There was a jazz duo (piano and stand-up bass) playing throughout our meal that was incredible and added just the right ambiance to a relaxing meal. We never felt rushed, and from appetizer thru dessert the food was excellent. Very highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Bravo has interesting brunch options with live jazz. Perfect for our family special occasion gathering.Special Features:
- CJobVIPDined on 7/20/2014Great food and service in a delightful surrounding. Trio playing soft music was a perfect background for a wonderful brunch.Special Features:
- Good restaurant at the MFAAKDLDined on 7/18/2014Bravo is a very convenient restaurant if you are at the MFA for other reasons. We had dinner before a movie and it was so nice to just have to walk downstairs after dinner. The food is good, not exceptional. The ambiance indoors is a little strange - tables very far apart, very bright, people walking by going to and from whatever exhibit they were seeing. We wouldn't go there just for dinner. Nevertheless, if we are at the MFA around dinner time, we would go again.
- Very nice foodMichaelDined on 7/2/2014Our food was very tasty and well prepared. Striped bass was particularly good and lobster/pasta dish quite nicely seasoned although the lobster was a bit overcooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep it secretSamekDined on 6/29/2014One of Boston's most civilized food places. The art inspired public surprisingly converses on normal voice levels. This helps to enjoy the fine food and amiable service.Special Features:
- Undiscovered gememeeseeDined on 6/25/2014We met friends for dinner before the Roxbury International Film Festival. The restaurant was perfect! Great, attentive service. Something for everyone on the menu. Lovely cocktails. The meal was a little pricey but I was able to get a discount using my MFA membership and park for free because I patronized the restaurant! Bravo is physically beautiful and serene. I loved that we didn't have to wait for a table. It was not crowded. It's an undiscovered gem. We really enjoyed ourselves and plan to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieDined on 6/24/2014Bravo is excellent due to their presentations and excellent service.Special Features:
- hannaBannanaDined on 6/20/2014Absolutely outstanding experience from quality and presentation of food to attentive service to attractive and QUIET setting conducive to thouhtful conversation. Having learned that parking is free for evening visits, I expect we will drive from Back Bay for evening meats as all the benefits mentioned are so rarely found in restaurants around here.Special Features:
- Quiet eleganceSandyoysterDined on 6/12/2014Interesting menu Attentive service Healthful food, well prepared Fresh and satisfying. Freshest, tastiest plate of cookies to share and just enough dessert to cap a sensible lunch ... And still be able to return to visiting and savoring more of this world class museum. My love affair with our fabulous MFA continues and grows with each encounter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family BrunchOtis18Dined on 6/8/2014A perfect place to bring the family together for a Sunday brunch and tour of the Quilts Exhibit at the MFA. We had the side room for our larger group and it was a wonderful way for us to meet in a semi-private setting amongst all of the art. As usual, the service was terrific and the food a highlight.Special Features:
- pleasant brunchpleasantDined on 6/8/2014Nice to combine with visit to museum. Eggs overcooked, home fries mushy but my husband's skirt steak was perfect. Wonderful tosee the museum after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Museum Magic!TopNotch10VIPDined on 6/3/2014When was the last time you thought about going to a museum for the food? Well, make your way to the MFA Bravo restaurant. My most recent visit was at lunch. The room is beautifully decorated and service is thoughtful, polite and professional. The food is truly exceptional. From interesting appetizers and salads to the "not to be missed" crab cakes. Wine by the glass or bottle with a full bar. Evenings are also special as you walk through the exhibit spaces into this special restaurant. A gem in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MFA AttendeesMarcelloGastronomiDined on 5/28/2014During your next visit to the MFA, avail yourself of the delights of dining at Bravo. Menu always changing and imaginative. Staff warm and accommodating. Wine list extensive. Comfortable, intimate decor. If you choose the right time, a jazz pianist and bassist will soothe you. For the pragmatists, your membership entitles you to a 15% discount. It's all right there, give it a try.Special Features:
- Very special.BravoMyHomeDined on 5/23/2014I am very, no, extremely reluctant to review Bravo. I will only do so if you promise in writing with explicit assurances from Bravo itself or I retract and deny the following. I must be assured that I will not be denied a reservation at any time in the future. It is my favorite restaurant of the innumerable I have dined at/in. An oasis. It is my home. My peace. This is no small statement. I am extremely reluctant to give Bravo the highest rating I can give because I am selfish to the point I do not want others to know about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BravogratefulDined on 5/23/2014excellent restaurant - enhancing the excellent artSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for old friends reunionShaneDined on 5/22/2014This was a perfect venue for our friends visiting from England. They were appalled at how noisy Boston restaurants are and were delighted to be able to hear to talk and stay as long as they wished in this charming setting. The tables are spaced far apart. We were given a table in consideration of one of our party who is deaf. The food has improved since we were last there. Service is excellent. They were delighted with our choice for a place to eat. And so were we.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CotuitBlueDined on 5/21/2014Bravo was a great setting for a reunion with a couple of friends. We were able to linger and converse. Food was good, but I expected better based on the very good - excellent food in the Café American, the MFA's #2 restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and quiet all at oncehannaBannanaDined on 5/18/2014Now here is a restaurant for those who desire both good food and a chance to -- talk. Our brunch with old friends from out of town was so successful that we expect to return often with local friends and neighbors.Special Features:
- Food was Cold and Service Very SlowLuv2dineVIPDined on 5/18/2014I had the artic char, which was done perfectly but the lentils and asparagus were cold. Disappointing. The service staff was very slow, and had multiple tables waiting for checks.
- Perfect for a special occasionDrMomDined on 5/17/2014I was searching on short notice for a place where our group of 10 could gather for brunch and celebrate a college graduation. Luckily, I thought to check out options at the MFA and found Bravo.(I could not book a table for 10 through Open Table, but called Bravo directly to make that request.) We were given a large table in a semi-private alcove, the service was friendly and efficient, and all of our guests were pleased with their meals. While the menu is prix fixe, the choice of either 2 or 3 courses allows for a range of options without being overwhelming. As other reviewers have noted, the setting is lovely and spacious and a fine jazz combo performs on weekends. Bravo capped our enjoyment of a very special day.Special Features:
- not greats8visitDined on 5/17/2014Food options are limited which was understood, we've eaten here before and been pleased with the quality of what was on the menu. On this visit we had the field greens followed by the grilled char. It was good but no way worth the price. The waiter was great. Pleasant background music. But unlike previous visits, there was nothing that would make us choose bravo next time over the other MFA dining options.
- Dining at the MFABrianDined on 5/14/2014A more quiet setting to enjoy a fine meal after an afternoon at the Museum of Fine Art. The petit salad was simple but very fresh and ample. The lamb chops were excellent and very tender. Wine list was attractive and the South African Shiraz was quite good. The atmosphere was nice, but I felt it was a bit too spacious. We were seated at a booth, but a feeling of intimacy was lacking. A very good meal that pairs well with an MFA visit. We may come back later in the year to sample the outdoor patio dining, and concert opportunities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MFAdinewellDined on 5/3/2014Pleasant, quiet, relaxed atmosphere with lovely view of the central courtyard. Good live music, bass and piano....not too intrusive.Special Features:
- The following 1246 reviews are from the Bravo Restaurant reviews archive.
- Art historianArthistorianDined on 5/1/2014Favorite Boston restaurant. Staff couldn't be nicer and more welcoming. Food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo restauant at MFAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014Particularly satisfying was the lack of noise so that conversation was posssible