Bravo Brasserie - Providence
123 Empire Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bravo Brasserie - Providence
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bravobrasserie.com/
- Phone: 4014905112
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM, Sunday: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM.
Dinner: Monday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM, Sunday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Raymond Scarpone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer customized catering services to meet all of your needs. From outings, corporate lunches, to box lunches, from formal dinners to clam bakes, we cater the entire spectrum of affairs. Our services include: *Professional catering advice *Last minute orders *Rental of china, linen, silverware *Easy payment, corporate accounts, monthly invoices
- Private Party Facilities: Located on the second floor of our Theater District restaurant. Host your next holiday party, rehearsal dinner, graduation luncheon, corporate function.... in our beautiful room overlooking downtown Providence! There is no charge for using our room or AV equipment. Voted "Best Private Room" by Rhode Island Monthly!
- Private Party Contact: John Martone 4014905112
- Entertainment: Welcome to Rhode Island"s premiere murder mystery theater, Murder On Us. Now in our 19th season! You may remember us from our old location at the dearly departed Barnsider. We had a great run there and hope to have a the same luck at our new location, Bravo Brasserie in the heart of Providence's theater district! We have the same cast many of you had grown to love and you may even recognize some familiar faces behind the bar. The following should give you a good idea of the shows we offer, our menu, and the great night we have in store for you! Sincerely, John Thayer www.murderonus.com
- Cross Street: Washington Street
- Public Transit: RIPTA Trolley and Bus Service.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Bravo is located in the heart of downtown Providence, there is amble street parking or you can use our complimentary valet service. If you have tickets to a show or event, you can leave your vehicle with us in our complimentary valet lot throughout the entire performance.
A word from Bravo Brasserie - Providence
Bravo Brasserie has a stylish atmosphere that is great for a nice sit-down lunch or dinner. In the evenings it has a cozy lounge that is perfect for a few drinks with friends. Bravo Brasserie is an elegant eatery located in the heart of Providence"s Theater District, two blocks from Kennedy Plaza. Bravo is a full service restaurant complete with excellent menus and a large selection of wines from regions around the world. Located on the second floor is an award-winning banquet facility for private functions. It has large picture windows overlooking the city and the Trinity Repertory Theater. Its a must see!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Bravo Brasserie - Providence - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Bravo Brasserie - Providence reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (12)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (7)special occasion (6)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- always goodjg5555Dined on 9/24/2014been a happy customer for years. On my visiting family's list of restaurants to make time for.. could use some new entrees for us regulars to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Nothing bad about this restaurant, but nothing exceptional either. Very large menu which went from $9.95 salad and burgers to $30+ entrees. That feature really worked for our mixed group, 14 years of age to 50+.Special Features:
- Great place to dine and relaxBedfordGroupof6Dined on 9/20/2014We randomly found the restaurant on the Open Table listing when the other restaurant that was recommended was no longer in business. What a delight surprise when we had never visited any restaurant in Providence! Great place to meet up and dined with a group of friends The food was delicious and met up the review we saw on line. Our waitress was wonderful and attentive. Our group just loved the place and will definitely go back to visit.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Lots of options for food and cocktails. Great outdoor patio that we got to enjoy a birthday dinner with our dogs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this restaurant!DukesmuseDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I travel into Providence between 6-8 times every year for shows or a restful weekend away. We eat at Bravo Brasserie everytime, sometimes twice during our stay. The atmospher is casual and relaxed. The cuisine is french inspired and absolutely delicious. The wine list never disappoints. Our 21 year old daughter and her boyfriend have also become big fans and on a recent stay dined with you and raved about the food. My personal favorites include the lamb, any of the fish dishes, and the Penne ala Vodka. My only comment is that it can be very tight quarters when the restaurant is full. But that doesn't discourage us from showing up every time.Special Features:
- Good Dinner Option Near the HiltonBlondeauDined on 8/23/2014High ceilings, dark wood and tile mosaics on the floor give the interior a pleasant ambiance. Service was friendly and welcoming. We arrived early and were seated immediately. The menu has a wide variety of appetizers, entrees and dinner salads which makes it a good choice for larger groups because everyone can find options to suit their taste. Nice selection of affordable wines. The steak au poive got rave reviews from two in our party. The duck and dinner salads (Nicoise and frisee) were also very good. The only entree that got a so-so review was the lamb chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeVIPDined on 7/26/2014Everyone ordered a different salad with added protein as an entree. They all looked, tasted delicious and were very satisfying. Very happy with the service and staff from valet greeting to exit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backproudparentVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great food at a reasonable price. Bravo Mussels and Linguine and White Clam Sauce were big hits! Grouper special was fresh and flaky. Service was good, and we had a very enjoyable meal.
- 1st timercutes1125VIPDined on 7/10/2014my 1st time here but my bf have been here in the past and we both agree it's good food but not wow amazing that we would go there on a regular basis. i wanted to try this place out because it's restaurant week and good date night. the service from our waitress is superb and we both love the hot fresh baguette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good saladsOccasionaldinerDined on 6/25/2014The salads are very good. The poached pear salad was my favorite -- great flavors and textures. The salade nicoise was good but not great. My dining partner thoroughly enjoyed the beet salad -- said it was a treat. Service was attentive and quick -- much appreciated, as I was attending a conference and had limited time for my meals.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster rollnightoutDined on 6/25/2014was LOADED with mayo and not much lobster...was very disappointingSpecial Features:
- It's been better...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/24/2014We were sadly disappointed on this Tuesday night when we ate at Bravo's. Usually the food is very good and this has been my husband's favorite NE Clam Chowder in RI. But, this night, it was not as good as in the past. Not only did the soup not live up to it's usual goodness, but also my beet salad was a bit flat and the Beef Bourguignon app had tough hunks of beef. The warm French bagette was still up to it's usual loveliness. I hope it was just an off night because we hate the idea of having to find a new place.
- Trinity GroupMarileeDined on 6/22/2014We have been having pre-theater dinners at Bravo Brasserie for several years. Obviously, we LOVE it. The food is always wonderful and creative, the wines are lovely and the service is excellent. Couple that with free valet parking and being directly across the street from the theater and we've found perfection. Our group of 6 (occasionally 8) has never been late to a performance, had to walk a long distance for our cars in inclimate weather or paid for garage parking. We've occasionally gone to other area restaurants but feel most at home at Bravo.Special Features:
- Busy night outside ...nickysticksDined on 6/21/2014But quiet on the inside. I made a reservation here not realizing it was the same night as the RI Pride parade. Oops! Traffic and parking was difficult in downtown, but once we got to the restaurant, it was quiet inside while all the excitement of the parade was right outside the windows. The food was absolutely excellent, we had the sesame & ginger salmon and pan-seared sea scallops. The shiraz was great and our server was attentive and friendly. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 320 reviews are from the Bravo Brasserie - Providence reviews archive.
- Good foodpreservationDined on 6/20/2014Food is always good. The salads are great. Enough to share as a first course. Always like the scallops and the salmon. Excellent location for going to Trinity Rep. You can pick up your car from valet parking after the play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable but not excitingBritabroadDined on 6/20/2014We have eaten at this restaurant a few times when going to the theatre. Menu is full of the staple things like burgers, pasta dishes etc. Had the steak sandwich for the first time and I was really tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing visit.EcoguideDined on 6/18/2014After several positive reviews, this is hard to write. Arriving for our Open Table reservation, we were offered a "choice" of a high-top in the bar or an outside table (temp in high 80s, main street, evening rush hour). The host stated that all on-line reservations were placed at the end of the reservations list, after phone reservations (and walk-ins) Food - the "Yellow Fin Tuna Tartar" ($12.95) was tough, and pieces of cartilage in the mix did not help. The "Sesame and Ginger Encrusted Salmon" ($22.95) showed no vestige of either sesame or ginger, although the small piece of fish was well prepared. The "Nicoise Salad" ($11.95) was a nice tossed salad, not a composed salad as tradition dictates. Have to put Bravo on "watch" list for now.Special Features:
- Very disappointed.Corn13Dined on 6/14/2014I really liked bravo about 5 years ago. Now it's dirty and the menu is to big so I'm pretty sure it's not that fresh given how dead it was a a Saturday water fire night. We were never given the specials, pasta were over cooked and the scallops looked as if the seared them in the fryer...... The table was left very messy between courses and we kept having to ask for new flatware.for spending over $450 for 5 people I really would except better service and food.
- Theater GoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014Across from Trinity Rep, Bravo Brasserie is excellent for a before-theater dinner or after-theater drink or dessert. Many choices on the menu, excellent wine-list, and wonderful desserts.Special Features:
- quick lunchgracieDined on 6/14/2014great place for lunch before trinity. it is very conveniently locatedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014The food is outstanding, and the service is great! The tables are to close to each other, could use more space.Special Features:
- Consistenly GoodjimandjohnpdxVIPDined on 5/27/2014Returning for a visit to our previous home in Providence from our new home in Portland, OR would not be complete without a meal at one of our favorite dining spots, Bravo. We were greeted by our favorite server Maureen who remembered us and even how we preferred our Martini's. This visit was a heartwarming homecoming because of the staff, and a reminder what consistently good food is served. I had the Filet Mignon and my husband had his all-time favorite, Bravo's delicious Lobster Club Sandwich. We will always return to Bravo whenever we visit Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good & reasonably pricedDoctorJCVIPDined on 5/15/2014Made last minute reservations for 8:30 after the theater crowd had cleared out. A shared delicious Caesar salad was still a huge portion for each of us. My wife's ½ roasted chicken and my duck a l'orange with a grand Marnier glaze were excellent. The place is large, unpretentious, and had a typical French brasserie menu. They have a solid wine list from which we chose a very flavorful and satisfying Côtes du Rhone. I understand that the pre-theater hour can be elbow to elbow. Timing is everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialNot2pickyDined on 5/11/2014We went there on Mother's Day, my husband, mother in law and myself. My husband had prime rib and he said his meal was very good. But my mother in law and myself had the asparagus mushroom ravioli with shrimp and it was disappointing. It came in a broth which was weird. The service was not good. We waited quite a while before the waitress came over. I also noticed everyone had bread on their table but we did not get any. Probably a good thing anyway. Another thing I noticed was they were handing out carnations to all the woman for MD, we did not get one. Not that I really cared but I guess it just irritated me because of the whole experience.
- Mother 's DayOcean2Dined on 5/11/2014We had our MD brunch /lunch at Bravo 's. Of all the other restaurants I looked at we chose Bravo once again. The menu selection was good and reasonable. The location is convenient for us. Our waitress was wonderful. Thank you!!! Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenubravonewbieDined on 5/10/2014Very enjoyable dining experience before going to the theater. The wait staff was exceptional and the menu had something for everyone. We had a wonderful time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Went here before a show at PPAC. Easy walk to the theater. Service was great and the food was delicious! Will definitely go back if I'm in the area again.Special Features:
- Just a fair restaurantlabloomDined on 5/8/2014Since we had tickets for Trinity, we decided to give Bravo another try. We have never been particularly fond of the restaurant, but since they have valet parking and their proximity to the theater is great, we tried it again. The server was good, friendly enough, but was very busy! The food was bland at best. The menu hasn't changed in years, and for that food a bit pricey. We definitely crossed this restaurant off the list. Spend a little more and walk not even a block and to go Gracie's!!!
- PPAC DinnerParksideNightOutDined on 5/4/2014We had a wonderful meal with a great atmosphere. We arrived early as the show at PPAC was quicker than we expected, and Bravo was able to accommodate our early arrival and seated us promptly with no issue.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014First time here. The steak tips were awesome! Also enjoyed my martini! The tables are a little cramped so that's why I went with 4 stars instead of 5. Overall it was great and I would definitely eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrinityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Party of 5 all agreed Food was good . The service not so much. Our particular server was quite low and non attentive to our table. All agreed will give another try in future. Partnership with Trinity for free parking was a pleasant surprise as was Valet parkingSpecial Features:
- Before the theatreJakeDined on 5/1/2014Seven os us met before the theater. It was extremely crowded and we had limited time. We got served promptly, our waitress was great and everyone enjoyed their food. Definitely would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014This corner spot was a great start to a night at the theater. Everyone was very energetic, welcoming and looking to please. Our Waitress Kristen(?sp) was especially friendly, helpful and accommodating. Great selections for appetizer, dinners and drinks too. My Date ordered the Veal and was not thrilled, but fortunately the portions are so plentiful, she and i both filled up on my steak... Neither had room to try the desserts.. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- old favoritejg5555Dined on 4/26/2014Always like to go to Bravo- so easy to park car (well, Gabriel parks the car); have a nice dinner, see the play and head home. Enough variety in the menu to keep us regulars returning. thank you, Gabriel, for taking care of us as well.Special Features:
- Great before and after the theatertheaterbuff418Dined on 4/25/2014I have dinner at Bravo at least once a month. The food is consistently great and the service is superb. They are happy to accommodate any allergies or changes. The menu doesn't change much but it is very varied and it takes a year for me to order the same meal. From valet parking, to the wait and bar staff they all make you feel like family.Special Features:
- great inner city diningBonniBellDined on 4/20/2014Food was great, service was very good as well. Enjoyed the setting, was expecially pleased that we were able to sit in a group of 4 and talk easily and not have to have a problem conversing. We went on a holiday day, so menu was more limited, but it's also a great place to grab a burger before going to the theatre. Plan on frequenting more often, sometimes forget about it. Liked how the chef was willing to split the salads without it being an issue. Great selection of salads as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner before the theaterJanefDined on 4/18/2014This restaurant is very close to both PPAC and Trinity Rep. Trinity Rep is directly across the street. We've been there twice before going to a PPAC production. The 6-7pm crowd are a lot of theater goers. The staff knows this and orders are taken quickly and delivered quickly. Our salads were very good and the Mussels Bravo were outstanding. My husband had the lamp chop and it was good too. Very reasonable for the two of us with a nice bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Convenient toTheater & ShowsboathouseVIPDined on 4/12/2014The atmosphere is energetic -- and the open doors overlooking the cafe area and city scape is very enjoyable. However, the service was beyond disappointing. We were headed to a show and had a little over an hour for dinner. The service was beyond S-L-O-W. We had to ask to place beverage order. We had to stop and ask waiter to place our dinner order. We had to ask the hostess for butter. The waiter never came back to our table -- ever -- without our beckoning for his attention. It appeared that there were no other wait staff to serve the entire restaurant. By the time the food arrived, we had to eat quickly and leave. Getting the bill was another challenge. Food was OK but not worth the price, wait and experience.
- Good pre-theatre stop, responsiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014Good pre-theatre stop, responsive staff. Good place to try something new.Special Features:
- We felt a bit neglected.Babs2077Dined on 4/7/2014I was the one who chose Bravo, (to meet friends), and I must say I was dissapointed with our experience. In the past I have always loved the food and the atmosphere at Bravo, this time not so much. Our waiter was very odd, we were ignored for quite awhile. When I asked a passing waitress if we could get some water, (before we even knew who our waiter would be), she very directly said, "your waiter will be with you soon". He was not with us soon. I had my favorite dish, moles frites, it is always great, this time it lacked flavor and the fries were very dry and rather unappealing. My friends burger was over cooked but the other two meals seemed to be fine. I will not rush to go back unfortunately. This was not a busy evening for Bravo.Special Features: