1050 Contra Costa Blvd
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thebravobistro.com/
- Phone: 925-363-4443x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:30 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Sunday : 11:00 am - 10:00 pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: JOSEPH El Jacifi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available for wedding parties, business functions, private home parties and more.
- Private Party Facilities: The dining room can be reserved for private parties of up to 150 guests and we also have a private dining room for up to 25 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Youssef 9253634443x
- Entertainment: Baby Grand Piano in main dining room. Live musicians Thursday - Sunday.
- Special Events: bravo bistro is open all day from 9:00AM-to 9:PM were serving buffet for $24.95 adult and $10 for kids visit us at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxyecZ2KhJo and dinner is 24.95 3 courses
A word from Bravo Bistro
Bravo Bistro brings new life to the world of fine Italian cuisine. Bravo has risen to great success due to it’s savory cuisine and friendly service. Nestled on the border of Concord / Pleasant Hill, Bravo caters to a sophisticated palate. The warm atmosphere is inviting, with the aroma of the cuisine intoxicating and the decor enchanting. Whether the guests dine in the front to gaze out the large pristine windows or in the romantic private room, you are sure to have the dining experience of a lifetime.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bravo Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)good for groups (7)romantic (6)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent dinner option!RebecaDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I enjoyed a special romantic dinner to celebrate 20 years married. The meals were not only delicious, but the attendants made this occasion even more special and delightful. I strongly recommend this restaurant for a special dinner with your dearest one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food reasonably priced!dvnoneVIPDined on 8/17/2014You must try the olives with feta and honey. It's salty sweet and just plain yummy. Cocktails were good once they arrived. My husbands pork medallions were tender and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014I did not expect the food to be as good for the price point. Portions were generous and the food was exactly what was described by server and on the menu..... Authentic italian. I'm going back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Alg1913Dined on 8/1/2014Haven driven by the restaurant for years since it is located on an extremely street corner, I decided to have dinner there with my wife after reading reviews. My wife chose Gamberi; I had a Mista salad and Salmon, and we shared a dessert. The dinner was really flavorful and priced reasonably. In addition, there was an excellent pianist playing pop standards, which enhanced the dinning experience along with the great service. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExplorerexplorerVIPDined on 7/17/2014My friend and I were there for a 12:30 lunch on a Thurs. There were only a few other people in the restaurant. The service was very good, friendly, and helpful. I had a spinach salad with chicken which was excellent and beautifully displayed. However my friend was not impressed with her pasta dish. She said it was cold and tasted like it came out of a can.Special Features:
- GreatMealForUsDined on 6/21/2014Brilliant... a great chef and good service. Easy parking and a surprise find.
- foodieFoodieDined on 6/11/2014We had a 7:00p confirmed reservation on our anniversary. When we arrived, the door was locked and the restaurant dark. The young lady on site said there was a problem in the kitchen, and they had been closed since Sunday (this was Wednesday night). While we sat in the car trying to decide where to go, the owner drove up. He said "family comes first" (in the kitchen for four days?) and suggested we go to one of his other restaurants on the other side of town, or come back the next evening. No apology for our disappointment or for not contacting us about our reservation. I happened to drive by the next day, and they were still closed. We will not go there again.
- No One ThereDisappointedVIPDined on 6/9/2014The ratings above are not an indication of our dining experience, because we didn't have one. We had an Open Table reservation for lunch at Bravo Bistro on Monday Apr 9 at 11:30 AM. The restaurant hours on the door indicate Bravo Bistro opens for lunch at 11:00 AM. However, at 11:30 the restaurant was locked up tight with not a single car or person in sight. We assume our reservation was on their books, so would have thought we'd be notified in advance if they decided to close for some reason. While we've enjoyed meals at Bravo Bistro in the past, this is the second time we've arrived with a confirmed Open Table reservation and found the restaurant closed, so we won't be back.
- Carollynn2hungryDined on 6/8/2014I wish I could say something about this place. We made a reservation for 20 people. When we arrived the place was closed. I'm not sure who has a closed restraunt at 6:00 on a Sunday evening. It was so embarrassing I wouldn't even think about trying this place again. Luckily Outback was able to make room for our large party.
- Hard to get to but worthstuartVIPDined on 6/4/2014Habib & family have another Gem of a resturant, beautiful setting, well plated food....and a staff that can not be beatSpecial Features:
- DownhillLindodaDined on 5/30/2014We had not been to this restaurant in some time. There were not very many people here, surprise #1. Cocktails were excellent. Ordered a Caesar salad to share, had onions and tomatoes, but also had an anchovy filet, surprise #2. Had a braised lamb shank, arrived inedible, tough. Pasta carbonara, alfredo sauce was fat and somewhat flavorless. To give our server some credit she tried to make the lamb shank right by bringing a roast beef bourginon, beef was overcooked. Not a good experience. The 1 star we gave it was for the service and cocktails.
- The following 232 reviews are from the Bravo Bistro reviews archive.
- excellent restaurantSandyDined on 5/18/2014We enjoyed the food, the ambience, and the friendliness of the servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didnt keep my reservations! ?!?disappointedfatherDined on 5/17/2014made a reservation with open table. When we arrived restaurant was closed for privet party. No notes was given... We get out so seldom (baby and 5 year old @ home) Date night nearly destroyed for a mistake .....Special Features:
- Good food at a reasonable priceSusanVIPDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant is consistently good. The soups are outstanding, and there is a nice selection of veal, chicken and pastas. Staff is friendly and the restaurant has a homey feel to it. We particularly like the piano player who is there most Friday and Saturday nights.Special Features:
- JennieDined on 5/11/2014I found Bravo Bistro on OpenTable out if desperation for Fathers Day last year, we LOVED it and came back for Mothers Day this year. The food is delicious and the staff friendly. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GerryDined on 5/11/2014A big disappointment, food was poor, chicken was dry, eggs were made with powder, bacon was in a glob of grease, no cheese other than grated!! few mushrooms, the two pasta dishes, no taste, cold, I can go on and on bottom line we will never go back. ( dessert was only thing edible plus slice cheese and fruit) To add to this review, we were told a mimosa came with the brunch, a charge of $45 was placed on bill, we did catch it and the waitress apologized. ( I feel the "cook" had never made scrambled eggs)
- Overall GoodKnightsDined on 5/11/2014It was a very good place to dine, but the service level could be better. The waite staff seems selective servicing some tables more than others.Special Features:
- Bravo for BravoBenthereB4VIPDined on 5/7/2014There were three in our party. the wine Carpaccio, Gnocci, chicken risoto, and veal dishes were all very good. Our servers Miriam and her trainee Colby were congenial, friendly, and dilligent in their service. We have dined there several times. In the past 6 months the quality of the food and the service has greatly improved. The Bravo is a very nice restaurant for the area. Unfortunately the suburban area where it is located does not dine out in fine resataurants often enough. I believe most of the area prefers to dine out in sports bars and restaurants and fast food take out places, where they can wear baseball hats on backwards and baggy shorts and T-Shirts. .Special Features:
- managerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014couldn't get our order right - kept asking for our requests even after taking them - place seemed overwhelmed even though just half full.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/20/2014On this visit the service was excellent but the food got "mixed" reviews. On the plus side the beet salad was excellent tasting and excellently presented; They generally does a great job of presentation. The Cream of Spinach Soup was outstanding, and the Salmon Salad was beyond excellent. The entrees are where the "mixed" reviews come. The Chicken Piccata was on the "tough" side and seemed like a common café took it out of the freezer and put it in the microwave. The Lamb Shank was very good but the accompanying vegetables were horribly overcooked and charred; they should have been embarrassed to put them on the plate. I also thought that the Polenta was subpar. Ending with a positive note however, the Gnocchi dishes were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired Old GemFoodeDined on 4/20/2014We used to love this place but something has happened and it is no longer the gem it once was.Special Features:
- FantasticJoeyDDined on 4/18/2014Great service and extremely nice from the hostess to the wait staff. The food was delicious. Had live piano player for a great ambiance. Nice gem to find. Parking can be challenging but they do have valet on weekends. 2nd visit and both times loved the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, growing serviceTurtleDined on 4/15/2014I booked a moderate size group for an early dinner. The restaurant did not seem quite ready for us. Waiter mixed, or drinks, and mixed them up. Great recovery later in the evening. One diner was served an incorrect dish. (But he liked it) Everyone was very appreciative of the quality of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Second" chance didn't workOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014After having several bad experiences with food (served luke-warm) & service at this restaurant, we stopped going here about two years ago. Some friends suggested that we re-visit this restaurant since they had recently eaten there & were quite happy with it. We agreed and gave it another try. Sadly, we WILL NOT be returning. While the service was very good, and the food quite tasty, once again much of the meal was tepid when it arrived. That was the same complaint I had with this establishment the last THREE times we ate there. And now, even the portions were quite small. There are too many other restaurants that are priced similarly, or less, and serve more generous portions. Our friends agreed as well and won't be returning either..
- Closed?!?!!HeidiAVIPDined on 2/26/2014I don't know if the owners/managers/whomever had an emergency or if they suddenly went out of business. The place was dark, locked and definitely closed. They are supposed to open at 11, our reservation was for 12 and there was definitely no one there. I tried calling too and it rang twice, a weird beep sounded and then it disconnected. Definitely a disappointment!
- Wonderful placebighatVIPDined on 2/24/2014Wonderful place in an unlikely location. Right at the corner of two major roads in Concord, CA.. but once inside it's another world. High level service, romantic and warm ambiance and really inventive and tasteful dishes. This is Italian classic cuisine with a North African influence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the quality we are used toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/17/2014We've been here at least 8 or 9 times ... This visit was a total disappointment. The ravioli tasted old and was hard on the edges the paella was completely dried out. Had this been our 1st visit it would absolutely be our last. We will give it another try to see if it was just an "off" night
- Worst dining experienceSF111011Dined on 2/14/2014It was our first dining experience at Bravo Bistro, but the worst. They were overbooked, under-staffed, worst service ever. The purpose of making reservation ahead of time was so that we did not have to wait for a table, but we got there and still had to wait for our table, so it showed that they were overbooked. Waitress took forever to serve our soup, salad, entrees and desserts. Other tables ordered after we did, but they got their food first and we got our food the last. Bad service!. We would not recommend this restaurant to anybody. It was our first and last dining there.
- Valentine's Day disasterkentVIPDined on 2/14/2014Staff appeared totally unprepared for a busy Valentine's day resulting in a poor experience for everyone. Heard several complaints from other patrons as well. Not a good experience at all. Fixed price menu at $50 per person set higher expectations which were not met.
- Bravo is BravoChrisDined on 1/17/2014Bravo again! The Ceasar salad is the best I've ever tasted, just perfect ! The Bruschetta toast with artichokes, marinated red peppers, feta and three other cheeses is wonderful with there great wine selection. The lamb shank falls off the bone with no need for a knife! They take pride in there food and service, a real local gem. We will be coming back to enjoy their well prepared meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT TIMSOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Went here for New Years . Had a wonderful time & will be going back. J.C.Special Features:
- Soups on but almost cold.........JRM60Dined on 12/31/2013Dinner was great with one exception. The Lobster Bisque soup came out of the kitchen almost cold (luke warm). We sent it back to have it warmed up with assurances that it would be taken care of. About 5 minutes later the soup was brought back to our table and it was at the same temperature as when it was first served! Obviously no one paid much attention to our complaints about the warm soup and they offered to warm it again. By this time we decided it wasn't going to get any warmer so we skipped the soup as we were getting hungry and jumped on to the salad! All the rest of the meal was served correctly and hot and the dinner was quite good. I would go back again and hope that it was just an isolated incident!Special Features:
- Maybe it was a bad nightAMBehp7Dined on 12/30/2013The restaurant is small and tucked away in a non-descriptive Pleasant Hill strip. It definitely has potential as the food reflects a modern take on Italian cuisine, and the atmosphere is cozy. There was a party going on in the other half, so maybe that accounts for the slow service. In terms of ambiance, visually it was fine, but in a Northern California cold front, they had a hard time keeping us warm.
- Christmas DinnerGluttonDined on 12/25/2013This little gem was open for Christmas. I made last minute reservations and they squeezed us in. The atmosphere was great with a live piano player. The food was good and took a little longer to come out than expected, but they were very busy for the holiday. The servers were extremely friendly. They had kids cups and tailored the menu for my 6 year old son. What a find! I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Christmas DinnerTrixieDined on 12/25/2013We had a very enjoyable Christmas dinner. The food was excellent, lots of good choices for a nice meal..I had lamb shanks which were delicious, fall off the bone tender, my friend had the crab raviolis and practically licked the plate..the service was slower than usual, but it was very busy and we were not at all in a hurry...there was live Christmas music on the piano, so we enjoyed the Christmas background music and our server was helpful, and very engaging..she really seemed to be enjoying herself and was very outgoing and friendly. we enjoy their food, they do a terrific job and we will most definitely go again...Special Features:
- Fantastic servicereturntripVIPDined on 12/25/2013I took my 84 year old father here for Christmas dinner. He can be a handful and the staff was wonderful - friendly, courteous, sweet, thoughtful. On top of this, the good was excellent, the service quick, and the restaurant was lovely. Very highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big plates, little, blah foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2013Our waitress was excellent but the cook took nearly an hour to cook it. The stuffed salmon was good but the ravioli was horrible and the creamy pasta dish was really bland.
- It was nicebn2wildDined on 12/25/2013One of the few places open for Christmas day dinner. It had a decent selection of differing menu items. The food was good, and the service was excellent. A bit hard to find even with GPS, as it is only accessible by traveling North on Contra Costa Blvd, and is not where you would suspect to find food in a commercial environment, but is very close to the mall. The parking lot is very small, a single lane entry, and yet has a valet, but perhaps this is due to the potential overflow parking from the mall or other businesses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made my Christmas!ChrisDined on 12/25/2013Took my 87 year old Aunt to Bravo Bistro for Christmas meal. What a treat, the menu was outstanding for a holiday and the food was great. They brought out hot fresh baked bread that I could have eaten and nothing else! I had the crab stuffed Ravioli with tomato cream sauce that was delicious! My aunt had the fettuccine with sausage that she ate with a smile on her face! Wine list was very varied in whites and reds and a beautiful full bar. I must say, the Caesar salad was one of the best I've ever eaten. Bravo Bistro is a real gem for Concord!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedMGonzoDined on 12/24/2013They squeezed 11 people into a little area. They put these big plates on the table with just a little bit of food... Which is ok on the food if it is good but the plates are just stupid they didn't all fit on the table.