40 Wellington St. East
Toronto, ON M5E 1C7Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bravi.ca/
- Phone: 4163689030x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Private Room, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bravi Ristorante
Italian fine dining located downtown Toronto. Fresh homemade pastas, daily fish and an extensive wine list. Private rooms and private functions available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bravi Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Bravi Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)special occasion (14)romantic (13)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (10)good for groups (7)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Bravi is reliably goodRobinDined on 8/26/2014Great food and service, convenient location, great decor - good for staff and client lunches, celebrations.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014A little pricey but well with it! Had the ravioli and it was to die for, server was also very knowledgable about the productSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKWHiVIPDined on 7/19/2014Our first time to this restaurant. The food was excellent, the staff were friendly and accommodating. It was not a busy evening which made it great to visit with those with you. Great dinner and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulous.SturgygirlDined on 7/10/2014We have been here three times now for special occasions and have never been disappointed with the quality and taste of the food as well as the impeccable but friendly service. My favourite is the San Marzano tomato gnocchi, and if I had but one complaint it would be that I was never given enough, not because I am left hungry but because it tastes so good. My husband loves the Cast Iron Rib Eye which is done perfectly to his liking. We enjoy taking people here and introducing them to a terrific restaurant. Wonderful location to walk around Toronto's flatiron and St Lawrence Market area.Special Features:
- A Quiet NightKim1VIPDined on 6/26/2014Arrived on a mid week night about 7.30. Not too many diners. The starters were great. The mains were slightly over - cooked. Wine was good. Overall- not bad. But it's not super cheap - so perhaps we were expecting a slightly better experience.
- SpecialTBekDined on 6/13/2014If you want a place that takes care of your dinning needs from start to finish, and looks after every detail. This is place. The servers are "there, when you need them". A special place that I have frequented for years. The only thing that has changed , is the food gets better. A great place for pretty much any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findButterfly4VIPDined on 6/10/2014First time at this restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. Great food and service. The wine was great.Special Features:
- Great Food!FoodieDined on 6/5/2014My husband and I went here for an anniversary dinner and the service and food were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TorontoASDMarchDined on 5/24/2014what a find! best meal while i was in Toronto. Food & service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Pre-Theatre DinnerUnionvilleGangDined on 5/24/2014We were a group of 6 adults two of whom were celebrating their wedding anniversary. All of us greatly enjoyed the cozy ambience that reminded us of Tuscany. The service was attentive without being overbearing or pushy. The quality of food was excellent and we were impressed when we asked to share an Entree-portion of Gnocchi as an appetizer that they divided it into three plates; one for each couple. We all especially enjoyed the Chianti Classico wine which seemed only appropriate for a place like this. None of us had heard of this restaurant before but all of us will be going back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Italian in TorontoNCeaterDined on 5/20/2014Had business dinner here and the food was truly outstanding. Our group managed to order a selection of pasta dishes as well as meat and everyone was very happy. The wine list was also extensive with a healthy selection from Italy, which helps immensely. We wondered why the place was so quiet for such a great place but maybe that helped us get a table at late notice so no real complaints! Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the city and wanting high quality food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting betterMarc1808VIPDined on 5/15/2014You easily slip into the setting. The dining room is not crowded as the tables are largely and fairly spaced. There are a number of nooks and crannies for a more private dining feel. The menu is sophisticated, taking simple food items to new heights. The freshness of the ingredients and the perfect cooking make this a feast each time we come here. The service is as a good as the food. Kudos to David and the team.Special Features:
- WineandDineDined on 5/7/2014Excellent Italian food, quaint atmosphere, not too big, book for a wine list, overall 4 Stars, you wont be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 44 reviews are from the Bravi Ristorante reviews archive.
- Good timesMooniniteDined on 5/1/2014Our small group had a great dinner, chairs are very comfortable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the greatestJennieJenDined on 4/24/2014The surrounding neighbourhood is very cute; however, the restaurant itself was disappointing. We felt rushed to order (we were told the kitchen was closing soon - around 9pm on a Thursday - yet they accepted our 8pm reso), then found the service to be very unattentive once we had ordered. We ordered the beef carpaccio (The caesar type of dressing they drizzled on top overpowered all other flavours), the calamari (tasty) and the scallop risotto. There was one scallop in the risotto. The wine was good though! Further to that their bathrooms need an upgrade/cleaning. Of all the Italian choices around the city, I would choose elsewhere.
- too expensive for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2014$110 for 2 for lunch for a salad, pasta and coffee with nothing but water to drink. this place needs a menu price reduction
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014We went to Bravi Ristorante as the first stop to our girls night out! Great service followed by delicious appetizers and entrees! All 3 of us were raving how great OUR food was! I would definitely go back! In fact, I will make sure it's sooner rather than later...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We found the food, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2014We found the food, service and ambience of this restaurant to be outstanding. We have many compliments on the choice of venue and they exceeded our expectations. Bravo, Bravi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service great foodGeorgiegirlDined on 2/21/2014We were catered to from the moment we walked in. We had a group of 8 celebrating o special occasion. The wine was wonderful, the food was delicious with a great selection for varied palettes. Jim our server went over and about to make our experience a very special one! This is definitely a restaurant to try if you love great food and a fun evening out. Pravda, a vodka bar is next door and a lot of fun for dancing your calories away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceSteveDined on 2/15/2014The restaurant was not very crowded, but it was also very cold. My wife and I met a friend for dinner and picked Bravi based on the reviews. The service, food and atmosphere were great. Our friend had the Chilean Sea Bass and raved about. My calamari appetizer was excellent, beautifully presented and very tasty. My wife had the risotto and unusually for her, she finished it all. The wine list is limited at the mid-price range. Although out of our first two selections (one white and one red), the substitutes in the same price range were quite nice. Worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place wrong timeAnnoyedDined on 12/17/2013I have no issue other than we booked on a night when an office party was also happening.in.hindsight would have been wise for staff to have suggested an alternate adate..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravi - December 2013LochielDined on 12/3/2013Bravi is a great Italian restaurant. Consistently great food and service with an excellent wine list and is easily accessible from anywhere downtown at its location on 40 Wellington E. I happened to be in town from Calgary and was so glad to be able to stop in !Special Features:
- Not sure what the problemquinceDined on 11/23/2013Not sure what the problem was but we waited twice for over 20 minutes without a visit from our server. Other staff walked by but no one could be bothered to stop and take our order or bring us our bill. this service level would have been more understandable if the restaurant had been busy but it was pre-theatre and only about half full. we'd been to Bravi once before and quite enjoyed the experience but likely won't be going back.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinner before the show!BeejDined on 10/25/2013Enjoyed a fabulous dinner with friends last Friday and it was delicious! In fact I continue to think of the veal with the side of lasagna like pasta to this day. Cozy atmosphere and friendly manager..a real treat before our ACC show,. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very tasty andTable42Dined on 10/19/2013The food was very tasty and sophisticated. It was clearly above the level of your average Italian restaurant. We did find that the sauces and foams were a bit rich, though. The dishes tasted fresh and the specials were interesting. We did not feel rushed and enjoyed the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewstumpyDined on 10/8/2013Menu is some what limited in terms of choices. Service was good until it came time to get the bill! Food was good and atmosphere pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestbbhtcmlDined on 9/25/2013Food was ok, should mention hot peppers are part of their tomato sauce, completely ignored by server all evening, and the light kept changing brightness throughout the whole dinner very frustrating.Special Features:
- Good but not greatImpressedDined on 9/21/2013Where Bravi's falls down is the obvious inexperience of its staff and what it's kitchen can and cannot do in terms of dealing with food allergies etc(lactose intolerant )-you pay top price and the service should be flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable..always interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2013I have had the good fortune to be a Bravi user for a number of years. It has never let me down and it is definitely one of my favourite haunts in Toronto. Menu is not too long but always interesting. Specials are worth a listen. Wine selection is more than adequate. Service is attentive without be intrusive. Two special tables - the wine alcove and the elevator - are among the best around if you want to avoid other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SublimehandsonDined on 8/12/2013The kitchen is quite adept at infusing interesting spice hints throughout it's menu. A bit pricey but they deliver in choice, service, preparation and most importantly, an outstanding pull of espresso to complete a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravi is always a treat!sdftoDined on 7/4/2013Bravi's strong point is the consistency of its food and service. The food is hearty, straight-forward and perfectly executed, full of rustic flavour. Service is exceedingly attentive and professional, without any of the casualness and false-familiarity that plague many places. The comfortable ambience of Bravi's brick and beam décor makes it a perfect choice for any occasion, day or night, whether family, work or romantic. Dining at Bravi is always a satisfying experience - a fantastic combination of food, service and ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was very good.CathieVIPDined on 6/7/2013The service was very good. We all had the corn soup -- it was outstanding. Two of us had the special sirloin with parsnip mash -- it was beautifully cooked and very tasty. One had the gorgonzola pasta (the server was kind enough to ask if the diner knew what gorgonzola tasted like) the other fish. We haven't been to Bravi for a while -- we will be sure to return before too long.Special Features:
- Delicious food. Had a beefJustinElmendorfDined on 4/20/2013Delicious food. Had a beef tenderloin that was cooked to perfection. My wife had the Chestnut Gnocchi at the waitresses' suggestion. Definitely a great way to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Service could have been speedier, but the wait staff also doubled as bartenders. But she was really nice and attentive when she was with us. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Restaurant was very accommodating;OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013Restaurant was very accommodating; chef made a special pasta dish on request. Pasta was aldente and all the entres were well prepared. Not a foodie place but consistant, nice ambiance and good service. We chose it for it's location a few doors from the Reservoir Lounge for dancing after dinner. First time but would definitely go back.
- The food was excellent , andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013The food was excellent , and our server recommended the dessert wine which is very good too.Special Features:
- First time visit, will return!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2013My husband and I had dinner at Bravi Ristorante for our 5th aniversary, and we had a lovely evening. The staff was very attentive and friendly, and the food was excellent. The beef carpaccio was so good, I wished it was my main course! My husband also had a couple of nice options for vegetarian courses, which was the reason I chose Bravi when looking for a restaurant. We will come back for sure.Special Features:
- My wife and I enjoyed a relaxedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013My wife and I enjoyed a relaxed meal in the alcove with an excellent meal and wineSpecial Features:
- Great food - great service!AnnabelleDined on 3/20/2013My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant. When we informed the waiter that we had to leave at a certain time to go to the theatre he made sure each course was served promptly. I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- This is our first time atpatrickcroVIPDined on 3/9/2013This is our first time at Bravi. The food was excellent with many choices. Wife had gorgonzola gnocchi, while I had braised lamb shank. Wine list was very nice and reasonable. The service was excellent. We will go back.
- Solid lunch choiceTODinerVIPDined on 3/7/2013Bravi is a great resturant for bisiness lunches as the food is good, the service attentive and the tables not crammed together so private conversations are possible.Special Features: