Brave New Restaurant
2300 Cottondale Lane
Little Rock, AR 72202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Brave New Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bravenewrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 501-663-2677
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter Brave
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brave New Restaurant
A casual, warm environment, delicious food and excellent service at a reasonable cost. It is our goal to have every meal be a celebration of food and to always keep an edge of new in our work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Brave New Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Little Rock ›
Brave New Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (94)special occasion (80)great for outdoor dining (75)fit for foodies (62)romantic (56)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (28)great for lunch (23)notable wine list (23)hot spot (12)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014My teenage daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful night out together at Brave. Dinner was absolutely perfect - everything from the Heirloom Tomato Appetizer to the Alaskan Halibut special and our server (Randy P.) added just the right touch! We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The food here is top notch, we hardly go wrong going with their daily special. The view is beautiful, but could be enhanced with some tree trimming. You wouldn't know this restaurant was here if you weren't told. It's in an office building and bc of this the decor and ambiance slightly suffers. I could see the restaurant in an old downtown renovated building doing much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our evening!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014My favorite dinner ever at Brave New! Peter Brave is a wonderful chef!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peter never disappoints!CarolDined on 9/10/2014Brave New is always delicious! I entertained 5 guests from Milwaukee. They could not stop bragging in the food, service, and atmosphere! They especially thought it was nice for Peter to stop by the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite2TonCrainDined on 9/6/2014I have been here twice now and have walked away smiling both times. Inside can be a little noisy but the balcony is excellent at night. Great wine list, the bartender can make any mixed drink, and the food is beyond outstanding. I highly recommend the sushi grade Ahi Tuna or the pine nuts crusted Salmon. Unfortunately I have not tried the rest. On top of the great food and atmosphere, the service is outstanding. And, to top it off, the owner came to my table both times I was there to make sure everything was okay. That really sealed the deal for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014The food at Brave New is consistently good and the view from the balcony cannot be beat in Little Rock.Special Features:
- Love this placeJoshpDined on 9/5/2014The location is a little weird - It is sort of hidden in an office building. But the food and view of the river is amazing!Special Features:
- didn't live up to my expectationscoupleofloversDined on 9/4/2014I spent a lot of time tying to pick out a nice restaurant to take my boyfriend to for his birthday. We just moved here from New Orleans and were hoping to enjoy a nice dinner. First of all, we walked in and I immediately felt overdressed. There were families, kids playing on their iPods, no table cloths. Definitely not the intimate evening I had anticipated. We ordered drinks. I got a Cosmo. Terrible. Just all around cheap ingredients. Maybe it's just me, but when I'm at a nice restaurant I don't expect to be served a nasty well vodka. I should have asked what it was. The camembert appetizer was nice, along with the onion soup. But we were disappointed with the entrees, especially the $30+ steak. Overall, $100+ bill.Special Features:
- Brave a-OKArpenguyDined on 9/4/2014A treasure in Little Rock. Menu is superb. Add the specials and you have a gem of a dining place. Great view of the AR River. Superlative wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtlGigiDined on 8/30/2014Because we thought "Brave New Restaurant" was kind of a hokey name, we almost didn't go there for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. The reviews were what made us decide to try it, and we are so glad we did! It was outstanding... We were seated at a table outside and it was almost like being in a movie. The service was excellent and the food even better. Living in Atlanta, we have been to some wonderful restaurants, but none surpass our experience here. Highly, highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Lovely setting, excellent service, consistently good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food never disappoints!RandJDined on 8/30/2014Food was awesome - heirloom tomatoes appetizer yummy. Walleye back - mouthwatering! Scallops wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!demonladyDined on 8/29/2014We had the pinenut encrusted salmon and duck on duck and they were both great. The appetizer was shrimp and avocado. Wasn't sure about this one and then I wanted more. It was great combination! Finally, chocolate creme brulee and it was to die for. I'm not a creme brulee person, but this was so great, I ordered another to go. Would recommend to anyone. Thanks!Special Features:
- Great foodAlexLADined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is a little bit difficult to find, but it is absolutely worth the effort to find it!!! The staff is very attentive and the owner is very proud (and should be) on his creation. We had some fresh smoked fish as appetizer. The fish tasted great and they told us that they do smoke the fresh fish themselves. My wife had a salmon diner salad which was huge and very tasty with different cheeses, fruits, and vegetables. I could not choose between the appealing sounding options so I decided on a mixed grill. I am glad I did the meats were beef, game sausage, quail, and pork. All four meats were prepared to perfection with all kinds of flavors. We shared a chocolate creme brulee, which is a must at this restaurant. Exceptional.Special Features:
- first try...ChoiceDinerDined on 8/16/2014My first time at Brave and although strangely hidden in an office building its a great restaurant with fresh food, nightly specials and great ambience!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!cajunpeggyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Pecan-crusted grouper and sesame-crusted tuna were wonderful! This place is one of the best in Little Rock for value and food quality. Very consistent. Peter Brave always circulates around the dining room several times each evening. A nice personal touch! He changes a dish just by changing the flavor of the beurre blanc sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauslovetoeatDined on 8/16/2014As always brave New Restaurant delivered a wonderful experience! Fabulous food,great service , and a great atmosphere! Have never been disappointed there, and this time was no exception!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So nice I ate there twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014While traveling to Texas from Tennessee, my husband I used Open Table to find a restaurant for dinner. Brave New Restaurant was a few minutes off the interstate and good reviews. We had the Heirloom Tomato Appetizer and the Duck 2 Ways entree. The Appetizer was delicious and the Duck was cooked perfectly. The Duck sausage was delicious and a little sweet. We had the glaze served on the side. I didn't like it very much, but I am picky about foods that are made with any kind of sugar. We ate at Brave New Restaurant again on our return home. We ordered the same dish and it was consistent with the first dinner. We will stop in again when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the Best in Little RockchefwannabDined on 8/16/2014If you are looking for a restaurant with great food. excellent service, and a great patio view, then Brave New Restaurant is the place. Be sure to check out the Walleye when offered as a special.Special Features:
- Gluten freeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Our table was waiting for us, the Host was helpful, and the waiter was attentive without being obtrusive. Everyone seemed to enjoy their lunch and the atmosphere was pleasant.Special Features:
- Difficult to Find, But So Worth It!cyw27Dined on 8/14/2014Lovely dinner menu for both hearty and lighter food. We both had entree salads which were HUGE and easily split between 2!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomTomFDined on 8/14/2014Superb dining experience. The veal and the scallops were excellent. Can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasurerhmartinVIPDined on 8/13/2014Finding this wonderful spot is part of the fun, I guess, but once we did, on a lovely August evening, sitting on a deck overlooking the Arkansas River, watching hummingbirds feeding (one of whom buzzed wife's Cosmo -- they are attracted to pink), and listening to a mourning doves' serenade as the sun set, place this evening high among our very favorite all-time dining experiences. Perfectly prepared walleye with a buerre blanc sauce was a life-list entree, as well, and our server was outstanding. Couldn't be better. Bravissimo, Brave New World.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice for DinnerHungryDinerDined on 8/12/2014Tried this restaurant by chance for an Anniversary dinner. Wanted to spoil my wife and was not disappointed. We had the heirloom tomato medley for a starter which was excellent. I had the pork tenderloin and my wife had the Tilapia. Both were very good. Service was outstanding, food was very good and the overall experience was very pleasurable. Only one minor negative note - the restaurant is not well marked and difficult to find but well worth it. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've ways had a great experience,!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We have always had a great experience, when dining here and always look forward to it. The scallops are always one of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJTG1Dined on 8/9/2014The dining experience at brave new was wonderful!! The atmosphere was great, the staff pleasant and attentive, and the food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely RestaurantfussydinerDined on 8/9/2014Visiting Arkansas for the first time, we took a family member out for his birthday. This restaurant was just right for that occasion. Each guest more than enjoyed his dinner from the shrimp appetizer, hot pumpernickel rolls, plump scallop, duck and mixed grill entrees to a chocolate cake dessert (complete with birthday candle,but no fanfare). The evening was a lovely success.Special Features:
- OutstandinghappyDined on 8/8/2014The food was excellent from the appetizer of heirloom tomatoes to the main course to the dessert! The service was also top notch. It was a very pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointeddinersDined on 8/5/2014We were very disappointed with the dining at Brave New Restaurant. Felt we wasted our hard earned money on an overpriced average meal. Wished we had gone to Olive Garden instead. So sorry for this review, don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but we wanted to be honest because you asked us.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experiencbnwrr1Dined on 8/4/2014Nice ambiance, great service, excellent food and wine, and easy to make conversaton wit friends at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place to celebrateNewFavoriteDined on 8/4/2014This is our traditional anniversary dinner place...and this year did not disappoint! Always lovely view and excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinnerdrfrn40Dined on 8/2/2014We love dining at Brave New! Although there are several great places to dine in Little Rock, we return to Brave New because we always get consistently great food and service. It was our 28th anniversary and we were able to eat outside, enjoyed a wonderful dinner of pork tenderloin and walleye and finished it off with a chocolate creme brulee! Exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentChuckroastDined on 8/2/2014Brave New is an outstanding restaurant with consistent service, food, and ambience. No surprises. You can depend on each dish being superbly prepared and served fresh!Special Features:
- A PLACE TO TRY, GREAT FOODBIRTHDAYDined on 7/25/2014If you're looking for a romantic setting and table-lit candles, you're headed to the wrong place. The ambiance is nothing special. But if you're looking for great food at reasonable prices, it's the place for you. Even the location is unusual. There was a little confusion when we checked in, but it was quickly resolved. The service was adequate, but very average. The wine list has good wines at reasonable prices. The menu is also different from most restaurants in the Little Rock area, but everything was delicious. We'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanTeacherDined on 7/25/2014Our dining experience was wonderful! Food was excellent and the service is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeZielatlastVIPDined on 7/25/2014It was just too dang good. Fish so fresh...it was probably backstroking just the day before. I have been several times and really appreciate the persistent excellence. The restaurant was full...amazing when you consider you have to be going there to be going there..you know? If I wasn't on call...I would go back again tonite. The desserts(home made fancy fancy ice-cream and creme brulet) were outstanding. Service and pace of the meal..presentations were soooo professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArkansasFoodieDined on 7/19/2014Paul Brave knows what he is doing. This restaurant is a gem among Little Rock establishments, and is well worth your time. Do be prepared to follow precise instructions from your GPS, and it really is out of the way, located in a residential and office condo on the riverfront with minimal signage. The food preparation was amazing, and the pairings of entrée with side dishes is unusual. Chef Paul visited just about every table personally during our time there, and described how he had spent the morning picking fresh blueberries in Lonoke County for our desert. The view is awesome from the terrace, and the service is excellent. It's great if you can find it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in townron504VIPDined on 7/19/2014This is always the best steak in town. Doesn't matter what cut. Always tender and cooked to perfection. The same is true of the fish. Outdoor dining is great especially with the milder weather this season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home Grown ExcellencenrginiDined on 7/18/2014Brave New Restaurant has been in business for 23 for a reason (many reasons, actually). My favorite dish is fish (walleye pike) and I love the local sourcing for the veggies (Arkansas tomatoes can't be beat)!! We love to snag an outside table on a nice night with the river flowing by and a view of downtown. Perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration dinner...debberoopDined on 7/16/2014We enjoyed a celebration dinner here with our family. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was perfect. We indulged ourselves with dessert and it was a great way to cap off our special celebration dinner.Special Features: