Brave New Restaurant
2300 Cottondale Lane
Little Rock, AR 72202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Brave New Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bravenewrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (501) 663-2677
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Dinner Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Peter Brave
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brave New Restaurant
A casual, warm environment, delicious food and excellent service at a reasonable cost. It is our goal to have every meal be a celebration of food and to always keep an edge of new in our work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Brave New Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Little Rock ›
Brave New Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (79)great for outdoor dining (69)special occasion (68)fit for foodies (59)romantic (44)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (23)good for groups (23)great for lunch (20)hot spot (17)late-night find (7)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OUtstanding as alwayscapri1979Dined on 11/10/2014We are a mother daughter foursome. We have our special get togethers at Brave. It is always memorable - the ambiance is fabulous. The food was fabulous. (I had the Wall eye special) and the service was fabulous. The S'More Bread Pudding dessert was "to die for!"Thanks for a great meal and a great experience.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesQueenoneDined on 11/1/2014We eat at Brave often. The food is always good. This is the only resaurant where we order scallops as no other place can live up to Brave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyDined on 10/31/2014Delicious and great service. Worth every penny. I will be back, no doubt.Special Features:
- Love being on the Arkansas River!GMMDDined on 10/25/2014Been here multiple times, and it always exceeds my expectations! I've moved away from Little Rock to Chicago, but think that Brave New would hold it's own in the BIG city. Wonderfully flavorful food and I highly suggest sitting outside when it's nice. Had the Duck with Duck this time and it was fantastic. A true gem in Little Rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a romantic night outfingerlickingdiningDined on 10/25/2014The perfect spot to enjoy a warm friendly outing with friends family or a romantic interlude with your significant other! Location was a little difficult to find but food was excellent and overall experience was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BahamasDined on 10/18/2014A very good out of the way dining experience, for which they need better signage. The office/corporate park setting makes ambience a challenge, but the food -- including cocktails -- and service were very good. Some of the entree prices (high 20s/low 30s) were a tad high for the value in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatPinkieDined on 10/18/2014Brave is always consistently great food service and Peter checking each diner.Special Features:
- Excellent.EnjoyVIPDined on 10/15/2014The food options were wonderful and inviting as well as unique. It was recommended to us by local shuttle drivers and they were right. The staff was very atentive andSpecial Features:
- Crazy location but great eatsEatmanDined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit -- but it won't be our last. Wide variety of menu selections, great service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SearchingforgemsDined on 10/11/2014Food was excellent! Service as well. The venue was a little off-putting, but not distractingly so....all-in-all, a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Best bet in Little RockKateDined on 10/11/2014Brave New Restaurant has the best food and service on a consistent basis over many years. I always take out of town guests there because I know it's going to be a great meal every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningRobRobRobDined on 10/10/2014One of my favorites. Great food and wonderful service. Can be loud with a packed house. Weather didn't permit outdoor sitting, but one of my favorite outdoor settings with amazing view of the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bobbobbyDined on 10/9/2014great restaurant in Little Rock....but hard to find.Special Features:
- Best Food and Best Creme BrûléeLuvgreateatDined on 10/2/2014I put Peter Brave in the same class as Alice Waters, Mark Miller and other great chefs. The food is always delicious, service is incredible, you always have the best bread, the view is lovely. I have traveled all over the world and no one can beat BNR's chocolate creme brûlée for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time on a Monday nighthappyDined on 9/29/2014My friends and I had a great time and a lovely meal at Brave New. Our dishes included Tuna, Steak and Walleye Pike - and we all agreed that our meals were delicious! The Martinis were perfect and the there was a nice wine list that was reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeebeDined on 9/27/2014Consistently good food. Particularly good if you are a fan of fish.The scenic view is enjoyed by dining outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday girlbirthdaygirlDined on 9/27/2014My friend and I went to Brave New to celebrate our birthdays, and we couldn't have had a nicer time. The lovely view, fantastic food, an unobtrusive but attentive waitress, and a visit by Chef Peter made us feel special without feeling smothered. There were people around us but I never felt like they were part of our evening, which is not always the case at other area restaurants. And there was even a bunny rabbit and two cardinals feeding nearby to start the evening sunset experience on the deck. Can't remember the last time I had such tasty scallops...and the chocolate creme brulee was perfection!Special Features:
- A special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Though a bit out of the way, Brave New is a special local treat.Special Features:
- Sabrooks84Dined on 9/26/2014The goat cheese app was good. The mixed grill we did not really like. It seemed like the grill needed to be cleaned bc the beef medallion grill marks tasted awful. The pork was just ok. The best part of it was the quail. The bread is actually quite good. The waiter was nice but talked way to fast.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentArklaw48VIPDined on 9/22/2014I recently had lunch on the patio on a beautiful fall day and ordered the avocado crab salad which was fresh and delicious. It was a perfect lunch! I highly recommend Brave New Restaurant for dinner as well.Special Features:
- HallFamilyDined on 9/20/2014My teenage daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful night out together at Brave. Dinner was absolutely perfect - everything from the Heirloom Tomato Appetizer to the Alaskan Halibut special and our server (Randy P.) added just the right touch! We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The food here is top notch, we hardly go wrong going with their daily special. The view is beautiful, but could be enhanced with some tree trimming. You wouldn't know this restaurant was here if you weren't told. It's in an office building and bc of this the decor and ambiance slightly suffers. I could see the restaurant in an old downtown renovated building doing much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our evening!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2014My favorite dinner ever at Brave New! Peter Brave is a wonderful chef!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peter never disappoints!CarolDined on 9/10/2014Brave New is always delicious! I entertained 5 guests from Milwaukee. They could not stop bragging in the food, service, and atmosphere! They especially thought it was nice for Peter to stop by the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite2TonCrainDined on 9/6/2014I have been here twice now and have walked away smiling both times. Inside can be a little noisy but the balcony is excellent at night. Great wine list, the bartender can make any mixed drink, and the food is beyond outstanding. I highly recommend the sushi grade Ahi Tuna or the pine nuts crusted Salmon. Unfortunately I have not tried the rest. On top of the great food and atmosphere, the service is outstanding. And, to top it off, the owner came to my table both times I was there to make sure everything was okay. That really sealed the deal for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014The food at Brave New is consistently good and the view from the balcony cannot be beat in Little Rock.Special Features:
- Love this placeJoshpDined on 9/5/2014The location is a little weird - It is sort of hidden in an office building. But the food and view of the river is amazing!Special Features:
- didn't live up to my expectationscoupleofloversDined on 9/4/2014I spent a lot of time tying to pick out a nice restaurant to take my boyfriend to for his birthday. We just moved here from New Orleans and were hoping to enjoy a nice dinner. First of all, we walked in and I immediately felt overdressed. There were families, kids playing on their iPods, no table cloths. Definitely not the intimate evening I had anticipated. We ordered drinks. I got a Cosmo. Terrible. Just all around cheap ingredients. Maybe it's just me, but when I'm at a nice restaurant I don't expect to be served a nasty well vodka. I should have asked what it was. The camembert appetizer was nice, along with the onion soup. But we were disappointed with the entrees, especially the $30+ steak. Overall, $100+ bill.Special Features:
- Brave a-OKArpenguyDined on 9/4/2014A treasure in Little Rock. Menu is superb. Add the specials and you have a gem of a dining place. Great view of the AR River. Superlative wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AtlGigiDined on 8/30/2014Because we thought "Brave New Restaurant" was kind of a hokey name, we almost didn't go there for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. The reviews were what made us decide to try it, and we are so glad we did! It was outstanding... We were seated at a table outside and it was almost like being in a movie. The service was excellent and the food even better. Living in Atlanta, we have been to some wonderful restaurants, but none surpass our experience here. Highly, highly recommend!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Lovely setting, excellent service, consistently good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food never disappoints!RandJDined on 8/30/2014Food was awesome - heirloom tomatoes appetizer yummy. Walleye back - mouthwatering! Scallops wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!demonladyDined on 8/29/2014We had the pinenut encrusted salmon and duck on duck and they were both great. The appetizer was shrimp and avocado. Wasn't sure about this one and then I wanted more. It was great combination! Finally, chocolate creme brulee and it was to die for. I'm not a creme brulee person, but this was so great, I ordered another to go. Would recommend to anyone. Thanks!Special Features:
- Great foodAlexLADined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is a little bit difficult to find, but it is absolutely worth the effort to find it!!! The staff is very attentive and the owner is very proud (and should be) on his creation. We had some fresh smoked fish as appetizer. The fish tasted great and they told us that they do smoke the fresh fish themselves. My wife had a salmon diner salad which was huge and very tasty with different cheeses, fruits, and vegetables. I could not choose between the appealing sounding options so I decided on a mixed grill. I am glad I did the meats were beef, game sausage, quail, and pork. All four meats were prepared to perfection with all kinds of flavors. We shared a chocolate creme brulee, which is a must at this restaurant. Exceptional.Special Features:
- first try...ChoiceDinerDined on 8/16/2014My first time at Brave and although strangely hidden in an office building its a great restaurant with fresh food, nightly specials and great ambience!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!cajunpeggyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Pecan-crusted grouper and sesame-crusted tuna were wonderful! This place is one of the best in Little Rock for value and food quality. Very consistent. Peter Brave always circulates around the dining room several times each evening. A nice personal touch! He changes a dish just by changing the flavor of the beurre blanc sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LauslovetoeatDined on 8/16/2014As always brave New Restaurant delivered a wonderful experience! Fabulous food,great service , and a great atmosphere! Have never been disappointed there, and this time was no exception!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So nice I ate there twiceBeachClubBumVIPDined on 8/16/2014While traveling to Texas from Tennessee, my husband I used Open Table to find a restaurant for dinner. Brave New Restaurant was a few minutes off the interstate and good reviews. We had the Heirloom Tomato Appetizer and the Duck 2 Ways entree. The Appetizer was delicious and the Duck was cooked perfectly. The Duck sausage was delicious and a little sweet. We had the glaze served on the side. I didn't like it very much, but I am picky about foods that are made with any kind of sugar. We ate at Brave New Restaurant again on our return home. We ordered the same dish and it was consistent with the first dinner. We will stop in again when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the Best in Little RockchefwannabDined on 8/16/2014If you are looking for a restaurant with great food. excellent service, and a great patio view, then Brave New Restaurant is the place. Be sure to check out the Walleye when offered as a special.Special Features:
- Gluten freeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Our table was waiting for us, the Host was helpful, and the waiter was attentive without being obtrusive. Everyone seemed to enjoy their lunch and the atmosphere was pleasant.Special Features: