100 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserieonline.com/
- Phone: 2127514840
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner/Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00 p.m. - Midnight; Sunday, 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Luc Dimnet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From lunch for 10 to dinners for 5000, Chef Luc Dimnet's cuisine can be executed with precision and timeliness in the venue of your choosing.
A word from Brasserie
The stunning reincarnation of New York's original 1959 Brasserie showcases the award-winning, ultramodern design of Diller + Scofidio. Executive Chef Luc Dimnet's menu demonstrates a bold use of flavor giving an unexpected taste to classic French brasserie fare. Savor traditional dishes including Onion Soup Gratinèe and Maine Bouchot Mussels Marinière or modern plates like Gougonettes of Cod and Long Island Duck Breast Confit.Continued
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
292 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)great for lunch (72)special occasion (71)great for brunch (71)good for groups (62)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (40)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (28)notable wine list (27)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- BetsyDined on 10/29/2014Love this restaurant and its delicious foods/great service. Thanks so much for a delightful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/28/2014The food here is very good but I don't think I will be back during prime lunch hours because the noise level is intolerable. I was on a business lunch and I found the noise level to actually be uncomfortable.Special Features:
- The old standby ROCKS!RobinnycDined on 10/26/2014From greeting through seating through a menu that combines comfort food and zing, this one continues to satisfy. I used to work in the neighborhood and would come late for a hamburger or better. Brunch continues to be superb. Check out the Orange French Toast. Totally recommend.Special Features:
- "Go to" restaurantKateDined on 10/25/2014Brasserie never disappoints - best mussels, pomme frites, frisee-lardon salad, onion soup. Other French restaurants okay, this is my favorite. And, service is efficient and accommodating from the moment you arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014We like the Brasserie, been there several times. The food and service is really nice, but we wonder where all the people are? Only half- full a Friday evening?Special Features:
- Excellent for Business MeetingsBwernerVIPDined on 10/23/2014The atmosphere is great not too loud and the service is above boardSpecial Features:
- Would definitely returnOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014Good food, trendy, very good service. Will also try it for brunch!Special Features:
- like2dineoutDined on 10/18/2014Best lobster risotto I've ever had. All four in my party loved their dishes. Service was friendly and attentive. Very attractive place .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy lunch sceneDisappointedDinerDined on 10/17/2014Very noisy lunch scene. Food was fresh, but not very flavorful. Service was professional but perfunctory.
- SweebreadsClaireDined on 10/16/2014We went specifically for the sweetbreads, which were very good...I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoriteslocalVIPDined on 10/15/2014We scored a reservation last Valentines Day and came back for my birthday. We had the same server both times. Service was impeccable both when the restaurant was packed as well as with a smaller crowd. Great prices for great food in NYC.Special Features:
- Very goodJerhDined on 10/12/2014Es buen restaurant para bruch se come muy rico todo es muy buen y el servicio efecienteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- francophilerickDined on 10/11/2014Former residents of Paris, we leapt at the opportunity to enjoy our favorite cuisine during the 55 day celebration. It was well worth the trip.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedExcitingDined on 10/11/2014The service was very poor. The waiter kept asking us every 5 minutes if we were ready to order. He seemed to be in an unpleasant state which prevented us from asking questions about menu items. My friend asked for the desert menu and he replied "we will cross that bridge when we get there" which was very rude. I will never go there again let alone encourage anyone else to go there. Definitely a hit and miss! Le cirque is a much better resturant In terms of French cuisine.
- Fabulous!dris209Dined on 10/10/2014We had a wonderful experience at Brasserie! The service was impeccable, the food was tasty and decadent. The crab cake, duck confit, chocolate beignets and brownie were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid choice, but service slowemebemeDined on 10/8/2014This is a great lunch place, but the service seemed a bit slow, especially for "power lunch" clientsSpecial Features:
- Pleasnt surprisePippiVIPDined on 10/7/2014Have not been since re opening. Had a lovely lunch. The fish was fresh, vegetables done to perfection. The baguette served is superb! The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Still firing on all burnersFamilyGuyDined on 10/5/2014Still a dramatic venue for French brasserie fare, burgers and steaks, too. You get the best french baguette in NY when you sit down. Lots of great deals on food, drink and wine.Special Features:
- Magnifique!MJJEDined on 10/4/2014One of the best French restaurants in Manhattan. It is ALWAYS a fabulous meal when we dine here.Special Features:
- Great lunch once again!!SueBDined on 10/4/2014Can always count on the Brasserie for consistently great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudJustinTMVIPDined on 10/3/2014I go here for lunch because clients choose it... for convenience I imagine. Lunch is crowded and the restaurant handles noise poorly. I wouldn't suggest it for a large group and I wouldn't suggest accepting a large round table, unless you don't want to socialize. The service is hit or miss -- usually fine but sometimes very slow. Food is good but overpriced and typically oily or saucy. Beware.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014It was not as good as the last time we were there.I would not recommend it to my family.Special Features:
- Great Midtown East French BrasserieBeachEsqVIPDined on 9/26/2014Excellent French cuisine, interesting menu, attentive service, interesting wine list by the bottle or the glass. Reasonable prices. I have been eating here, since the original pre-1996 restaurant; and, have enjoyed the reincarnation, post 2000. Highly recommend The Brasserie.Special Features:
- Business Lunch Hot SpotJeremyDined on 9/24/2014This is a great spot for a business lunch in mid-town. The menu has an impressive variety of options for all diners that is sure to impress. If available, ask for a booth which gives some privacy and cuts the noise level.Special Features:
- Good for Colleague LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/24/2014A bit loud. Easy to get in and get out. Great food.
- Even During Crazy UN WeekCarbieDined on 9/23/2014It is the worst week in NYC for traffic, hotels, good restaurants. Even so, the Brasserie staff was gracious and accommodating to special requests. And the food was as always, fabulous.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service0917883Dined on 9/22/2014If you want to have great server with excellent service, request Nckhil. Very knowlegable and experience. Great hospitality with sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014I knew that it had had a major overhaul and didn't look anything like the old brasserie but I feel that was what was missing. I found it too modern, outer-spacey, although the booths were nice. One of the bartenders was relentless about starting a tab at the bar and needing a credit card for it. We didn't have a breath to greet each other, drink a little wine, get settled, and she was on us three times already. Very annoying. Waiter was perfectly fine but seemed to have a bit of an attitude, no sense of humor, definitely in a bad mood - which kind of took away from any pleasurable feeling about the meal/dinner/experience. Maybe it is just too cool a place and we didn't fit the bill for coolness. Or obvious wealth. Something.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dinng ExperienceGrandmamomDined on 9/21/2014As always, we are extremely pleased when we dine here. The staff is very pleasant and attentive. The food is delicious in taste and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchFoodGloriousFoodDined on 9/21/2014We've only ever been here for brunch. So many great choices on the menu. It's our go to place when we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- A New York ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014I have eaten at the Brasserie on and off for 40 years. Hasn't changed. Perfect for a mid-town breakfast on an occasion. Sit in the side room if you want less noise
- The later the betterPickyeaterDined on 9/17/2014Super restaurant and stunning decor. Pretty empty until around 9:30. That's the only reason for 4 not 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls by the bus station?MissQ1VIPDined on 9/16/2014It still surprises is when women are guided to a bad table--especially when a restaurant is almost empty. I had been guided past open tables to the back of the room next to the bus station. When I asked to be moved to a more appropriate table, the hostess said she had to ask. In a non-pushy way, I started walking toward tables that were open as I was meeting an important client. Along the way there was a 5top table with 2 business men;all but 1 booth empty; and, >dozen better tables open. We were finally seated at a nice table rest was great. The waiter was A1. I can't opine on the food as it's hard to mess up a bowl of fruit and toast. After a few refills, they should offer a fresh coffee cup. In all a great place for business breakfasts.
- Brunch menu is large and delicioussstewarrt3VIPDined on 9/14/2014My discriminating guests were delighted with the ambiance, service and very satisfying brunch they enjoyed at the Brasserie. Happily, it no longer has the over-energetic electronic displays of its past. Therefore, one can enjoy the original design and decor, as well as the service and the food. Highly recommended - for any time of day or evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014good place for a lunch conference - pleasant atmosphere, reasonable noise levelSpecial Features:
- UESFOODIEVIPDined on 9/9/2014Our server was great as she let me and my guest chat for hours without being intrusive. The food was good although the lobster risotto was not quite as great as I remembered it last year. We enjoyed the wine and appetizers and it was overall an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brasserie close to grand centralouiouiDined on 9/9/2014very convenient for Grand Central.......... good French brasserie food........ even if portions of vegetables are small.........they had lobster specials and the lobster bisque was divine! my friend had lobster risotto which she said was delish too......service excellent and not rushed........all in all a good eveningSpecial Features:
- Gem for sureFoodhunterVIPDined on 9/6/2014Brasserie never disappoints. It is a gorgeous restaurant and the food is always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid choice for brunchhappydinerDined on 9/6/2014Had a relative visiting and wanted a quiet place where we could enjoy company without being rushed, or having to wait 2 hours for a table. Brasserie to the rescue! We were running late because of traffic, but the hostess was very understanding and accommodating. When we arrived, we were seated promptly. I had previously been here for dinner but this was the first time for brunch. The service was very good, our server was kind and brought us everything we needed (our party included a toddler). The ambiance was refined but casual and our visitor was impressed. As for the food, there wasn't anything that wowed us in particular, but the presentation was very nice and the food was cooked well and kept simple. Overall a good location and value!Special Features:
- HORRIBLE SERVICE!SashaVIPDined on 9/4/2014THE DISDAIN OF THE SERVER WAS ALMOST PALPABLE. IT WAS NOT THAT BUSY, BUT THREE REQUESTS FOR A NAPKIN! SAT THERE AFTER BEING SERVED, BUT COULD NOT BEGIN THE MEAL AS THERE WAS NO NAPKIN. NO WATER/ICE REFILLS UNTIL I FLAGGED HIM DOWN. ATTITUDE OF THE WAITER WAS IMPERIOUS, UNCONGENIAL; HE COULD HAVE CARED LESS WHICH MADE FOR A VERY UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCE. TOO BAD BECAUSE THE MENU SELECTIONS, FOOD AND AMBIANCE ARE VERY NICE.