100 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserieonline.com/
- Phone: (212) 751-4840
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner/Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00 p.m. - Midnight; Sunday, 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Luc Dimnet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From lunch for 10 to dinners for 5000, Chef Luc Dimnet's cuisine can be executed with precision and timeliness in the venue of your choosing.
A word from Brasserie
The stunning reincarnation of New York's original 1959 Brasserie showcases the award-winning, ultramodern design of Diller + Scofidio. Executive Chef Luc Dimnet's menu demonstrates a bold use of flavor giving an unexpected taste to classic French brasserie fare. Savor traditional dishes including Onion Soup Gratinèe and Maine Bouchot Mussels Marinière or modern plates like Gougonettes of Cod and Long Island Duck Breast Confit.Continued
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)great for lunch (77)great for brunch (71)good for groups (68)special occasion (61)neighborhood gem (58)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (31)romantic (30)late-night find (27)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- I used to always get seatedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/21/2008I used to always get seated in one of the booths--for breakfast and lunch. Since I've been making my reservations thru OpenTable, I get seated in Peoria every time I dine there. I feel like I have been consigned to the nameless horde of people choosing restaurants via the internet.
- One of my favorite restaurantsanashaVIPDined on 5/19/2008One of my favorite restaurants in the city with outstanding service, great food and a wonderful ambiance.Special Features:
- Service was TERRIBLE. I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/19/2008Service was TERRIBLE. I've eaten here twice in the last week for lunch, and each time, the waiter got an order wrong (perhaps because it is too loud to hear), didn't check on us at all after our food came, didn't fill water/drink glasses. Both times we had to track down the waiter to get the check an hour after we'd finished eating. Astonishing.Special Features:
- Orange juice was warm andMeMo1204Dined on 5/18/2008Orange juice was warm and fresh-squeezed - my preference. Although they were very friendly and polite, I was surprised by the dress of two of the hostesses which was uncoordinated and far less than "elegant casual". Waiter was fairly attentive without being omnipresent. Noise level was far louder than I'd expected - lots of hard surfaces without compensating dampening factors, which may be why we had to repeat our orders several times. Food was good, but far overpriced. A light brunch for two should not cost $50. I would return, but only for a good Restaurant Week Prix Fixe price.
- Everything excellent as usual!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/15/2008Everything excellent as usual!! My only suggestion is that maybe the chef provide a variety of bread or a different type. I eat there a lot and the bread is just so hard, there is no graceful way to share this bread with people at the table. I love bread but it's a little difficult to eat this bread. Other than that my filet was out of this world!! Thanks!Special Features:
- Good solid restaurant withWDC1VIPDined on 5/14/2008Good solid restaurant with excellent service and quality dishes.
- I took three people for arednothotVIPDined on 5/14/2008I took three people for a business breakfast (dressed very business like and appropriately) to Brasserie. Nice space. I normally tend to get treated very nicely wherever I go but first the hostess sat us at a table between the Kitchen and the bathroom literally with a ballet of busboys who nearly ran me over, despite having many nice available tables. I told her that it was unacceptable and wanted another table and eventually did get one. The service was slow. Food acceptable but nothing special and Pricey for what it was. Cappucino was not good. I would not go back or ever recommend the place. SKIP IT would be my recommendation
- For the second bottle of wineOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/13/2008For the second bottle of wine I ordered, I was brought a bottle one-year younger in vintage... I noticed and it was quickly remedied.
- Asked for seating in the mainAnnsxbDined on 5/13/2008Asked for seating in the main dining room; sat my guest first and put us in the even noisier side room.Special Features:
- Great Place for BreakfastStateguyVIPDined on 5/13/2008Great Place for Breakfast but a little too noisy to converse. The food is always delicious.Special Features:
- it is a little loud at lunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 5/12/2008it is a little loud at lunch, but they have great service and get you in and out. It also is a great breakfast place, and one of the few in midtown (other than hotels) that is open during the week for business breakfasts.Special Features:
- The service was dreadful!BizTravelerDined on 5/12/2008The service was dreadful! I was ready to go around the corner, pick up a bagel and come back and eat it. I am in no hurry to go back. But that's to be expected when they're in no hurry to serve you.
- A little different than ourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2008A little different than our many other visits to Brasserie - we were in the back room (less appealing), very busy, quite noisy (almost claustrophobic), although the service was very good. And the fries were great, as usual. Looking forward to coming again, but no interest in the back room.
- The waiter was courteous.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/8/2008The waiter was courteous. The food was wonderful. The Manager stopped by our table to inquire how we were enjoying the experience. My friend and I enjoyed it very much. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Their seafood plateau is thejanelexDined on 5/7/2008Their seafood plateau is the best deal in town -- great selection of shellfish at very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Staff was very on the ball.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/7/2008Staff was very on the ball. Food was good. A little loud, but that did not bother me. Only real issue I had was that I would have preferred a choice of french fries with the lobster club sandwich I had - I was jealous that my dining partner had fries with his burger and that I only had some lettuce with very light dressing on it.Special Features:
- Food was good, but everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/7/2008Food was good, but everyone agreed it was too salty.Special Features:
- When restaurant full at lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2008When restaurant full at lunch time not possbile to have a business lunch because of noise.Special Features:
- It's always good to know thatOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/4/2008It's always good to know that there is a neighborhood gem that you can turn to at anytime. The location is perfect for me and my commute and the people are quite friendly. They did not let me wait by the door when my friends did not get there the same time I did. I really appreciate that. They gave me my table and I waited sitting down. That was just right. I have recommended the BRASSERIE to friends and will continue to do so. However, just a suggestion: maybe more bruncg selections.Special Features:
- Dining room was too open;PhilGDined on 5/3/2008Dining room was too open; basically one big area with no relief. No privacy panels except between a few booths at one end.
- Excellent experience. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2008Excellent experience. The only con was that everything was a bit overly saltySpecial Features:
- We enjoyed our lunch and thesstewarrt3VIPDined on 5/2/2008We enjoyed our lunch and the excellent service, but the place got very noisy and eventually drove us out. I preferred the menu choices, food and ambiance at the "old" Brasserie, but will return to the new place often.Special Features:
- Staff is terrific. AmbiancePORTVIPDined on 4/29/2008Staff is terrific. Ambiance v. loud but enjoyable none the less. A lot of fun and food is first rate.Special Features:
- Delicious food, and reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/29/2008Delicious food, and really every dish was great and everyone was happy. Only complaint is that it was a bit noisy. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:
- We had a great server andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/28/2008We had a great server and it was great to be able to take our time and not feel rushed to get through dinner. A really great experience - it was like being back in Paris!! I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- We've been going to the BrasserieArlesVIPDined on 4/26/2008We've been going to the Brasserie for more than 40 years- it is one of our favorite places!Special Features:
- Everything was good exceptGLNCVIPDined on 4/25/2008Everything was good except we have to wait for awhile before they served us drinks or appetizer.Special Features:
- everything was good exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2008everything was good except it was too loud for a business lunch.Special Features:
- I was surprised at how datedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/22/2008I was surprised at how dated this place felt. The food, except for the bread, and the lemon tart I had was inedible- two days later I am still horrified by how unappealing it was. I may still come here for lunch, but NEVER AGAIN for dinner.
- Ambience ok but prefer thatPeterBDined on 4/18/2008Ambience ok but prefer that of Brasserie 8 1/2. Service quite good. The food was generally very good. We were surprised (& disappointed) by the "garlic mashed" potatoes, which were seasoned strongly with nutmeg but without noticeable garlic! We did NOT like to have the baguettes lying on a bare tabletop where people sneeze, etc. Both esthetically and hygienically displeasing. If you're going to serve an ordinary, cold baguette in the middle of the table, at least put a sheet of butcher's paper down! The little wine decanters were attractive.Special Features:
- food is good and quickly served;OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/17/2008food is good and quickly served; a bit noisy but lots of energy; good business lunch spotSpecial Features:
- I was very disappointed thatGreenNYCVIPDined on 4/15/2008I was very disappointed that when I confirmed my reservation the day before, the hostess specifically said, "I see you requested a booth." And then when I got there, my guest was already seated at a regular table. Especially since it was a business lunch with 3 people, and the restaurant is very noisy, the booth was our preference. But it was innappropriate for me to move my guest after we arrived. The Brasserie food is always consistently great Brasserie food, and it didn't disappoint.
- The food is always good.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/15/2008The food is always good. The service always pleasant. The atmosphere is lively.Special Features:
- Lunchtime is the world ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/14/2008Lunchtime is the world of suits and ties at Brasserie
- Noise level completely dependentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/14/2008Noise level completely dependent on table location. The din can get LOUD/annoying at peak lunchtime. I have had good experiences there consistently... at the bar on a weeknight or at breakfasts or lunches. Other than the price and the noise I have no complaints. I am sorry our office moved out of the neighborhood as it became my 'default' spot.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed my dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/12/2008I really enjoyed my dinner. The food was so tasty. I had the scallops with bbq pork belly and it was delicious.Special Features:
- Food was good but the restaurantSjspecsDined on 4/12/2008Food was good but the restaurant did not give me warm fuzzies. Everything seemed cold and almost too contemporary. The waiter was good but we didn't feel like we wanted to sit around and chat afterward. Not a place I would go back to if I was in town.Special Features:
- It was our first time to Brasserie.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008It was our first time to Brasserie. We had an enjoyable dinner, but we did not find anything remarkable about the food or venue.
- Steak tartare was amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/10/2008Steak tartare was amazing!! It should be on the menu!! Scallops were great too.Special Features:
- Not nearly as good as it wasstevedonVIPDined on 4/9/2008Not nearly as good as it was years ago before the re-do. Too expensive and missing many of the old classic dishes. Everone in my group of six felt the same way.