100 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserieonline.com/
- Phone: 2127514840
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner/Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00 p.m. - Midnight; Sunday, 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Luc Dimnet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From lunch for 10 to dinners for 5000, Chef Luc Dimnet's cuisine can be executed with precision and timeliness in the venue of your choosing.
A word from Brasserie
The stunning reincarnation of New York's original 1959 Brasserie showcases the award-winning, ultramodern design of Diller + Scofidio. Executive Chef Luc Dimnet's menu demonstrates a bold use of flavor giving an unexpected taste to classic French brasserie fare. Savor traditional dishes including Onion Soup Gratinèe and Maine Bouchot Mussels Marinière or modern plates like Gougonettes of Cod and Long Island Duck Breast Confit.Continued
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
304 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (86)special occasion (85)fit for foodies (83)great for lunch (78)good for groups (58)neighborhood gem (48)romantic (44)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (24)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Good food, good presentationMidnightRunnerDined on 8/25/2014Nice art deco design yet modern. Love the look of the floating translucent bathroom sink which flowed into the wall. The food was excellent but the portions where small. Mushroom with the flaky pastry dough was very tasty. So was the grilled Bronzino with string beans special. Lobster ravioli did not have a lot of flavor. Was quiet at the time of the reservation. Depending on the chatty patty next to you could be a hit/miss on the noise level.Special Features:
- Always Reliable 24/7 StandbyPORTVIPDined on 8/25/2014Service terrific. Food always interesting. Ambiance could not be better.Special Features:
- Great spotsusanismVIPDined on 8/23/2014On travel in NYC and wanted brunch away from Times Square. Great omelette a, good creeps...Special Features:
- Cool and chicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Friendly service and great food. Best French Onion soup I've ever had. Great place for lunch on a rainy day.Special Features:
- Great food, superb serviceWPerkDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I dined there for the first time several days ago. Oysters, foie gras, tuna... All excellent. Service was among the best for us in some time. Will go back definitely. Others reviews about the noise levels are accurate. A bit too loud but didn't alter our experience.
- New FavoriteTravelgalVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went to four restaurants during restaurant week, and this was by far the best! Staff was warm and welcoming; service was friendly and efficient; food was delicious and reasonably priced. The summertime Lobster Fest is fantastic!!! The full baguette which arrived just after we were seated set the tone for the entire meal - we were very impressed and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ann8wDined on 8/14/2014We went there with many young girls having our dinner before they go to college. We enjoy the food really tasty especially duck breast yummy! The veggie kind too salty Overall are excellent. We impressed the dessert mousse chocolate and other desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coxoDined on 8/14/2014It was our first time for dinner at Brasserie and we tried the NYC Restaurant week menu, which was disappointing. Very small portions (I had the salmon tartare and my husband had the pate, then we ordered the fish and the Chicken aux Morilles which was not served with morilles but with cepes mushrooms), and somewhat flavor less. Not sure based on this first experience that we will come back.
- NYC Restaurant Week @ Brasseriefoodie9Dined on 8/14/2014Firstly, we were an hour late to our reservation but after one phone call, they saved our table. But we were seated near a party by the bar so it was very loud. The waiter was attentive and amiable. The main entrees and desserts were the highlight of our dinner. I reccomend this restaurant to young people such as friends because it has a classy yet casual dining feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadyfromTokyoLadyfromTokyoDined on 8/14/2014We visit the restaurant at 6:40 PM and found about 30 peoples were drinking at the bar. It's OK but the problem is there is no barrier or wall between the bar and dining space. These peoples are shouting, screaming, and occupying tables around. The waiter couldn't catch our order. We had dinner under extreme noise which is ten times larger than NY subway. When we went out the restaurant, we felt the noisy street so quiet as we were in a forest. It is highly recommended for restaurant goers not to have dinner if you find guests in the bar.Special Features:
- great place w/ good foodlmwestDined on 8/14/2014This is a beautiful restaurant. I enjoyed my experience, and the food was good. But not all of it was terrific. Our appetizers, the duck liver pate and the salmon tartare, were a bit underwhelming. The main courses, grilled sea bass and roasted duck breast, were both excellent. The desserts were good, peach tart and chocolate mousse, but the pastry/cake parts were dry. Overall good, but not quite good enough to be great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool AtmosohereVVMMDined on 8/13/2014very cool decor, the food was delicious! our server was relaxed and very helpful.Special Features:
- SherylVIPDined on 8/12/2014Must say I was a bit disappointed. The venue is hip and and modern, but the gravlax starter was ok (not great) and the fish (sea bass) entree was thin, dry, and absolutely needed the corn coulis for flavor. Tart dessert was so-so. Sorry to report my visit was not outstanding...
- my favorite French restaurantcheflitoDined on 8/12/2014was there for Restaurant Week and was surprised that the restaurant was not participating for lunch. In any case, its $35 pre-fixe lunch was great and service as always was excellent. for the first time though, I have to sprinkle salt & pepper to my main course. the braised lamb was rather bland. the chocolate mousse for dessert was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dining out with friendsymrestweekDined on 8/11/2014The place surprised me, love the setting, food was excellence, service was great, and easy to get to, can't wait for the brunch with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ShozgirlVIPDined on 8/11/2014We went for restaurant week and I was very impressed. Have not been since the 80s when they opened. The onion soup and steak frites were on menu for no upcharge where most bistros left them off the special menu. All was delicious, service fantastic, and I will in fact return at normal rates. Definitely a hidden gem (literally) that I totally forgot about!Special Features:
- Underrated Gem in Midtown EastHedgehogVIPDined on 8/10/2014I don't get why this restaurant isn't busier more of the time. Great food with fresh, high-quality ingredients; accommodates carnivores, fishivores, and herbivores alike; servers can't do enough for you (well, most of the servers anyway); comfortable, classy and non-intimidating room. No, it is not buzzing with East Side fashonistas being served finicky cocktails by fatally bored 22-year-olds in a dark four-inch wide corridor, but there are plenty of places you can go for that. And yes, the block it's on is in a bit of a corporate gulch, but it's still not that far away from anywhere. So I am a huge fan, and as for those who shy away from it because of the aforementioned factors, your loss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MackDined on 8/10/2014Not how I remember it from years back. The menu was full of variety. The food was excellent. The wines were as excellent. The decor is nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchbt181VIPDined on 8/9/2014best kept secret for brunch in midtown. food is amazing and $19 for two courses plus a beverage.Special Features:
- Great foodSjohnson88Dined on 8/8/2014The food was very good. My server was very nice and constantly came to the table to see if everything was good, I appreciated that. The food was a bit pricey but it was very good for the experience. I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i wouldn't recommend itjojoDined on 8/8/2014The place is too noisy. It sounds like a market. The servicer was really rude to me. The food was nothing to be excited about. The steak was underseasoned so it is tasteless. I understand that they were busy, but it was a very bad experience.
- Always a good choicejcmeatloverVIPDined on 8/7/2014Went for a birthday dinner, the service was great. I mentioned it was for my cousin's birthday and the server brought out a complimentary dessert with a candle on it without my reminder upon arrival. The food has never disappoint, classic french dishes, great decor and atmosphere, good services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a family eventKatherineDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant is surprisingly large, but the service was excellent, despite the fact that we didn't order alcohol. We asked for a booth and were glad we got one; at 7:30 the noise level from the bar was highSpecial Features:
- Disappointingmoorea11Dined on 8/7/2014Food was pretty good. Service was less than adequate. Restaurant was refrigerated so much that it was uncomfortable. Tables too close for a reasonable conversation. No privacy.
- Always goodSundaymanVIPDined on 8/7/2014Nice menu and wonderful service. Bar can be noisy so ask for a booth. Steak frites is a bargain given the rise in beef costs. Mussels are a gigantic portion. Price fixed menu is also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice french inspired menuJaykkayDined on 8/5/2014We dined here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and wanted to have a beautiful steak with bearnaise sauce - it was delicious! Followed by a very generous Creme Caramel and a Chocolate tasting plate. Reminds us of the days where French restaurants ruled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall is goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Worm found in my wife's dish. Seems Vegetable did not get cleaned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French in MidtownMike55Dined on 8/5/2014If you want great French inspired fare look no further than Brasserie, super attentive service, great food and super friendly GM Andras, will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great for RW!JK47Dined on 8/5/2014I went here on a Tuesday for an early dinner with a friend. We both got part to start, which was fine. My friend got the duck and I went with fish - both were excellent! The beignets to finish were definitely the highlight, though - so good! And the little scoop of ice cream that came with the beignets came on too of this chocolatey crumble that I found irresistible. Recommended, definitely.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodLoverDined on 8/4/2014This restaurant really impressed us. We went as part of Restaurant Week, and the staff were very attentive. Gave us excellent recommendations and the food was excellent with very good sized portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The service was great. I ordered a drink but the waiter came back telling me that they ran out, so he gave me a complimentary root beer drink. Also, for dessert, he gave us three deliciously flavored, homemade ice cream for free.Special Features:
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014We went for brunch on a Sunday. We did the $19 prix fixe menu which includes a drink and two courses. Be aware that in New York, they can't serve alcohol before noon on Sunday. Food was very good. It was a lot of food.Special Features:
- Always great for Restaurant Weekthompso2VIPDined on 8/1/2014Although we come in between too, Brasserie is always on my list for Restaurant Week, because there are always plenty of good choices. This time, the gravlax, the steak, the duck, the chocolate mousse and the peach tart were all notably tasty. Don't miss the cocktails either, especially the French Cowboy!Special Features:
- Really goodrafavilardoDined on 8/1/2014Place is really cool. My wife loved the environment! Service was amazing, fast and always kindly. As every French restaurant, the amount of food is always small. I had the duck and my wife the steak, both were very tasty.Special Features:
- Very good food, very slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014The food was very good, though bordering on just not enough, but we made up for it with some excellent bread. The hostess and server were both very friendly, but the service itself was very slow. Our order wasn't taken until 45 minutes after we sat down, and this wasn't because of our indecision - with a restaurant week menu, our options weren't that large. Instead, the server was nowhere to be found. The food took quite a while to be brought out, but the worst was that the bottle of wine we had ordered was not left with us, instead the waiter took it away, so we had to keep asking him to refill our glasses, and he was often difficult to locate. Recommend it, but only if you're in a patient mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh..foodie1513Dined on 8/1/2014Duck was bad... onion soup was alright and thank God for the chocolate mousse. It bafles me the good reviews of this place regarding their food. Overhyped. Not coming here again at all.Special Features:
- MediocreJzy6Dined on 7/31/2014Interior is cool to see, but overall very underwhelming. Oysters were good but overpriced, lobster sandwich was bland. Surf and turf is a tiny portion. For the price, the food should be better.
- Fresh seafood and cleanNationalPharma26Dined on 7/31/2014Business dinner and my clients had a wonderful time Great preparations excellent wine and priced rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LLELA99Dined on 7/30/2014GREAT FOOD, ESPECIALLY THE ONION SOUP. THE DESSERTS WERE O.K. I LOVE GOING THERE WHEN IT'S QUIET--LIKE 3PM.Special Features:
- Great experience!JenniferVIPDined on 7/30/2014The prix fixe was very good and value for money for the quality of food and presentation that you get. It got a little too noisy around 12:30 pm, but the ambiance was otherwise fantastic once the lunch crowd came and left. The back part of the restaurant had very interesting decorations behind a polarized wall. See for yourself! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.