100 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserieonline.com/
- Phone: (212) 751-4840
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner/Late Night: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00 p.m. - Midnight; Sunday, 4:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: Luc Dimnet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From lunch for 10 to dinners for 5000, Chef Luc Dimnet's cuisine can be executed with precision and timeliness in the venue of your choosing.
A word from Brasserie
The stunning reincarnation of New York's original 1959 Brasserie showcases the award-winning, ultramodern design of Diller + Scofidio. Executive Chef Luc Dimnet's menu demonstrates a bold use of flavor giving an unexpected taste to classic French brasserie fare. Savor traditional dishes including Onion Soup Gratinèe and Maine Bouchot Mussels Marinière or modern plates like Gougonettes of Cod and Long Island Duck Breast Confit.Continued
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
The Patina Restaurant Group
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
291 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (93)great for lunch (82)great for brunch (72)good for groups (71)special occasion (65)neighborhood gem (60)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (34)romantic (33)late-night find (27)notable wine list (26)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Nice decor but...Harp28VIPDined on 11/23/2014We have come to Brasserie for years and brunch is a good time to go. Good food, accommodating but slow with mistakes service. The restaurant was not crowded at all so you could have expected better attention. Our waiter though was very kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Sunday brunch for 6 great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014Great value salmon nicoise was the favorite, the service was terrific, a little noisy but not bad food was fresh everybody wanted to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable. Good choice for the neighborhood.LilianVIPDined on 11/18/2014We may have visited them on an off day. We've been there previously and this evening was just a little off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a very nice experience.MarielDined on 11/16/2014People working yhere are very friendly. The service is very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for reasonable pricesFoodhunterVIPDined on 11/16/2014Brasserie is one of those places you always have in mind because they do everything well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but GoodieNYCBobVIPDined on 11/16/2014The Brasserie has been around forever and it's been years since I've been there. The 60's modern décor might be a turnoff to some since it was remodeled (think JFK TWA terminal) but over time it's become classic, as well. I went for brunch recently for what can only be considered the best value in NYC. Their $19 price fixed brunch includes an appetizer, an entrée and a classic brunch drink and includes all the brunch classics -- eggs benedict, pancakes, French toast and omelets. The main room is a little noisy but the side room is more intimate and quiet. Good value, good service, good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dramatic changechambersghostDined on 11/15/2014I have had innumerable brunches here with lots of people and LOVE it for brunch. Last week I took a friend here for dinner before going to the theatre district for a concert. Very few people were there, and I quickly discovered why. The menu (very few choices) was completely over-wrought, too many fancy ingredients, few of the dishes made any real sense, and every single item was something no one had ever heard of before (except for steaks & hamburgers). My first course, a vol au vent with mushrooms was good, but TINY. My companion had salmon tartare which was only fair. His salmon main course was tough and overcooked, and my hamburger, a very expensive one, was salty beyond belief, and barely edible. The desserts were just fair. The waiter, though a very nice young man, intruded CONSTANTLY and gave little speeches every time he came. We wondered if he was an aspiring actor. We will not be returning for dinner ever, and I am now questioning whether I want to return for brunch or find another regular place for that such as Orsay or Cognac East, etc. It's a beautiful space, but they'd better do something to improve the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodcocoDined on 11/14/2014we enjoyed the food. we were warned to split the mussel order but didn't it was huge enough for two.bread great and they even gave us individual bills for 7 ladiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it hereJackierVIPDined on 11/13/2014The menu selection is diverse and offers a terrific choice. I love the onion soup and consider it the very best. Very nice restaurant for just dining or special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChasmVIPDined on 11/9/2014Always can depend on excellent service and food at this outstanding bistroSpecial Features:
- Excellent BrunchCowgirlFoodieVIPDined on 11/9/2014Albeit a little difficult to find (my poor friend walked right by!), we enjoyed brunch immensely. My man-friend hails your croque monsieur the best he's ever had, with the perfect amount of smokey, cheesy and good. Easily a close competitor with that which I had at Mont Saint-Michel! The cocktails were a little slow coming, but I think we were seated at the farthest table from the bar. Overall, it was a great experience and I HIGHLY recommend it for brunch...just avoid that silly noon on Sunday restriction in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local placeHawkeyeDined on 11/8/2014I absolutely love Brasserie. The food is amazing, the wine list is good, and they create interesting special prix fixe menus and seasonal offerings. The decor is kind of retro airplane hangar techno. If this doesn't sound appealing I'm explaining it badly. :-) Great place for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itThe3girlsinNycDined on 11/8/2014Great food and service. They go out of their way to accommodate your dining requests and make you feel like a special guest.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brasserie Shall Never DisappearBridge28Dined on 11/7/2014Our Friday evening dinner was, interestingly enough, chosen from the Prix Fix Menu and while I would normally choose fish, Duck Confit was on the list. Served an excellent frisee salad, my friend and I also shared the lobster fritters. (That's how one has two first courses in one.) My duck confit was superb and whoever thought to serve it on top of sauerkraut with fingerling potatoes is visionary. and my friend's lamb shank was pretty good. Trying not to eat dessert we were entranced by the marinated figs which were served with a fig sorbet and a beautiful something in between. With a great Sancerre and an espresso, it was a truly wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Russian Friend's First NY DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014I've been coming here for years.....brought my Russian friend.....rather late on Saturday.... first dinner in NY.....was exactly what I expected....very happy diners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch in NYCSpinolaDined on 11/1/2014It's a very good option , a big space,a good service, a very nice onion soup, a good wine list and despite a moderate noise I think that it is a very good optionSpecial Features:
- BetsyDined on 10/29/2014Love this restaurant and its delicious foods/great service. Thanks so much for a delightful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/28/2014The food here is very good but I don't think I will be back during prime lunch hours because the noise level is intolerable. I was on a business lunch and I found the noise level to actually be uncomfortable.Special Features:
- The old standby ROCKS!RobinnycDined on 10/26/2014From greeting through seating through a menu that combines comfort food and zing, this one continues to satisfy. I used to work in the neighborhood and would come late for a hamburger or better. Brunch continues to be superb. Check out the Orange French Toast. Totally recommend.Special Features:
- "Go to" restaurantKateDined on 10/25/2014Brasserie never disappoints - best mussels, pomme frites, frisee-lardon salad, onion soup. Other French restaurants okay, this is my favorite. And, service is efficient and accommodating from the moment you arrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable placePelleoMadsingenDined on 10/24/2014We like the Brasserie, been there several times. The food and service is really nice, but we wonder where all the people are? Only half- full a Friday evening?Special Features:
- Excellent for Business MeetingsBwernerVIPDined on 10/23/2014The atmosphere is great not too loud and the service is above boardSpecial Features:
- Would definitely returnOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014Good food, trendy, very good service. Will also try it for brunch!Special Features:
- like2dineoutDined on 10/18/2014Best lobster risotto I've ever had. All four in my party loved their dishes. Service was friendly and attentive. Very attractive place .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy lunch sceneDisappointedDinerDined on 10/17/2014Very noisy lunch scene. Food was fresh, but not very flavorful. Service was professional but perfunctory.
- SweebreadsClaireDined on 10/16/2014We went specifically for the sweetbreads, which were very good...I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoriteslocalVIPDined on 10/15/2014We scored a reservation last Valentines Day and came back for my birthday. We had the same server both times. Service was impeccable both when the restaurant was packed as well as with a smaller crowd. Great prices for great food in NYC.Special Features:
- Very goodJerhDined on 10/12/2014Es buen restaurant para bruch se come muy rico todo es muy buen y el servicio efecienteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- francophilerickDined on 10/11/2014Former residents of Paris, we leapt at the opportunity to enjoy our favorite cuisine during the 55 day celebration. It was well worth the trip.Special Features:
- Always consistantPaulDined on 10/11/2014We have been using the Brasserie for more years than I care to remember but whether it's lunch or dinner the standard is always superb.The baguette and French butter that you receive when looking at the menu starts you off in the right frame of mind for a fabulous meal.The French Onion soup is the best you will taste.Crab cakes-delicious,scallops -fabulous,fries-too tempting.There is nothing on the menu I would refuse.An allergy presents no problems.The service is the best and we are always looked after by Jen who we now look upon as our friend who looks after us at the Brasserie.New York dining at its bestSpecial Features:
- UnderwhelmedExcitingDined on 10/11/2014The service was very poor. The waiter kept asking us every 5 minutes if we were ready to order. He seemed to be in an unpleasant state which prevented us from asking questions about menu items. My friend asked for the desert menu and he replied "we will cross that bridge when we get there" which was very rude. I will never go there again let alone encourage anyone else to go there. Definitely a hit and miss! Le cirque is a much better resturant In terms of French cuisine.
- Fabulous!dris209Dined on 10/10/2014We had a wonderful experience at Brasserie! The service was impeccable, the food was tasty and decadent. The crab cake, duck confit, chocolate beignets and brownie were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid choice, but service slowemebemeDined on 10/8/2014This is a great lunch place, but the service seemed a bit slow, especially for "power lunch" clientsSpecial Features:
- Pleasnt surprisePippiVIPDined on 10/7/2014Have not been since re opening. Had a lovely lunch. The fish was fresh, vegetables done to perfection. The baguette served is superb! The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Still firing on all burnersFamilyGuyDined on 10/5/2014Still a dramatic venue for French brasserie fare, burgers and steaks, too. You get the best french baguette in NY when you sit down. Lots of great deals on food, drink and wine.Special Features:
- Magnifique!MJJEDined on 10/4/2014One of the best French restaurants in Manhattan. It is ALWAYS a fabulous meal when we dine here.Special Features:
- Great lunch once again!!SueBDined on 10/4/2014Can always count on the Brasserie for consistently great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudJustinTMVIPDined on 10/3/2014I go here for lunch because clients choose it... for convenience I imagine. Lunch is crowded and the restaurant handles noise poorly. I wouldn't suggest it for a large group and I wouldn't suggest accepting a large round table, unless you don't want to socialize. The service is hit or miss -- usually fine but sometimes very slow. Food is good but overpriced and typically oily or saucy. Beware.Special Features:
- Consistently goodAndrewSVIPDined on 10/2/2014Brasserie is my go-to place for client lunches and last-minute plans. Always good food, great service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014It was not as good as the last time we were there.I would not recommend it to my family.Special Features: