1425 Rue Jeanne Mance
Montreal, QC H2X 2J4Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brasserie-t.com/
- Phone: 5142820808
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Charles Antoine Crete
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Special Events: Black truffle menu on Saturday February 9th !
A word from Brasserie T!
Normand Laprise and Christine Lamarche’s French brewery style restaurant, Brasserie T!, ideally situated in the heart of the * Quartier des spectales *,offers delectable and accessible food adapted to the ultra modern and fun architecture: perfectly mastered dishes using only seasonally fresh products, homemade charcuteries, tartars, seafood platters and other delicacies found in a typical brasserie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Brasserie T! - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Brasserie T! reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (40)fit for foodies (39)hot spot (36)great for lunch (33)late-night find (16)neighborhood gem (15)scenic view (15)special occasion (13)romantic (12)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (5)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great experienceLarryVIPDined on 9/13/2014It's a long narrow box of a restaurant that does look like a shipping container gone upscale next to a museum. Fun unless you're claustrophobic. Service was excellent -- with special attention to dietary restrictions. We chose a nightly special for two that was a feast of grilled beef with French fries, salad and ears of roasted corn. Excellent mojitos and a nice list of wine by the glass.
- Great before a showvivelabouffeDined on 8/29/2014The salmon was excellent and we appreciated the wine by the glass.Special Features:
- Good bistro fareDonnaVIPDined on 8/26/2014Had a flank steak and frites. Service was quite slow. Tasty food, a little on the salty side. Great location if you are going to see a show at Place des Arts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The menu was 'okay' but not more than that. I had two out of town guests and wanted to bring them to a lunch spot in Le Quartier des Spectacles, which was close to our offices. This one had been suggested to me based on its proximity. I would say that the food was fine, but would have expected a more diverse menu, with a wider range of salad and sandwich options. The service was great though. Very friendly and efficient wait staff.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We went to brasserie t before our musical and it was good! We had good service, good food and a good selection. Would recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFullstomachDined on 8/12/2014Our party of 6 enjoyed the food. The oysters were excellent. Appetizers ranging from the escargots to gaspacho soup and salad were all very good. . The mushroom with egg was particularly good. For main meals the steak and the salmon tartare were a hit but the shrimp quedilla was not well received. The Paris Brest for dessert was fantastic. The place is noisy but the service was friendlyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good servicesVito3255Dined on 8/9/2014We were at the restaurant on Saturday and stay in the patio. Our waiter was Jules and he was good and very nice waiter. We had most of the foods from the appetizer to the dessert that recommended by him. We enjoyed very much and for sure that we will come back.Special Features:
- good foodrejdedgeDined on 8/8/2014Good food but was expecting more for my $$$. There are many places in montrral where you can eat as well for much less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before the theaterSophiaVIPDined on 8/5/2014Food is very good and best quality and the service is friendly and very efficient, it's a great place to go before a show or the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the street, for realAlainDined on 8/2/2014Location of this restaurant is very unusual... it's installed in the middle of a sidewalk in the entertainment district in Montreal. Food is good, and the wine list is complete. Not too expensive for what you get and, based on our experience, we will go back there without hesitation.Special Features:
- More than a BrasserieClapieDined on 8/1/2014Location is just great in Downtown Montreal. Food are just great with the right size portion, need a little more choices . Wine is a little expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un bon souper avant un spectacleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Très bon, cher et petite assiette. Le sondage aurait pu être disponible aussi en françaisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I had heard good things about this restaurant but the experience didn't live up to my expectations. The service and location are very good, but the food was not up to the standard we've come to appreciate in Montreal. Nothing we ate was terrible, but everything lacked balance in some way. The ribs were far too sweet, the tuna tartare had too much mustard seed in it and the sausage didn't have enough flavour.Special Features:
- Loved itPillullaDined on 7/24/2014I went to the restorant after a show and we concluded the niht in a terrific way, loved the food and the ambiance. It was noisy because of the just for laugh festival, but I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Ffod and good servicejenfoodie514Dined on 7/10/2014For those who are unsure about paying the big bucks to experience Toque restaurant, Brasserie T! is a good alternative and way to start your gastronomic adventure. Good wine list and competent staff! Had great time!Special Features:
- Nice foodSpyderrssDined on 7/6/2014Surprising food quality, good value, great wine list. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That seafood platterThomasDined on 7/4/2014Wonderful cold seafood platter, Sancerre, and a great view of the people at Jazz Fest made for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Concert GemAgodavaDined on 7/1/2014We stopped for dinner after a concert. Food was inventive and delicious. Wine prices were not steep. Good, friendly service. Recommend the fois gras. The salmon tarter is very good as well. Maybe could use a little less on the capers. Dessert and cheese were fine, but the creme brûlée could have used more texture. All in all, a very good meal in a hot scene. Bonus was a concert going on outdoors as we ate. This is truly a front row seat for the Montreal Jazz Festival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night experience during JazzBird63Dined on 6/29/2014We went during jazzfest. The area was so crowded that we had trouble getting there. Reservation honored on time. Food was great(tartare de saumon) and service prompt and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and LastwinemavenVIPDined on 5/30/2014The food was delicious however service was indifferent and slow (surprising given the limited menu). And the noise level was deafening; it was impossible to have a conversation with the person seated across from me. In fact, the noise was so painful that two women at a table near us walked out. But there was no shortage of walk ins to take their place. As good as the food was, I would not return. Oh, and the restaurant told me that they were no longer participating in OpenTable.
- The following 620 reviews are from the Brasserie T! reviews archive.
- Excellent restaurant !AudreyVIPDined on 4/26/2014Très bon service et la nourriture était très très bonne, de qualité. L'ambiance aussi était très bien. Nous y retournerons.Special Features:
- Good supper before concertjohalfnoteDined on 4/26/2014I had wanted to try the restaurant for a while, but is hard to get a reservation before a concert. Finally I was successful. We enjoyed the meal overall. The service was fine, but not notable. My friend's burger and fries were not warm, so he was dissapppointed. My special po boy shrimp sandwich was excellent. Starters and desserts were very good. If the burger had been warm, he might have enjoyed the meal more, especially considering the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!MadisonDined on 4/24/2014Fabulous food. Best salmon tartar in town. Vibrant location and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Everything you would expectMarco514Dined on 4/20/2014We met a couple of friends there for lunch and the menu and service were both very good. Classics on the menu and a few gems on the wine list. The food and service were perfectly executed. The vegetarian dish was stellar. We will be back!Special Features:
- great for lunchmtlboyDined on 4/17/2014Brought clients from out of town, and they all had a great experience. I've been many times now, and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- pleasant little bistrojabbaDined on 4/13/2014food, service, and ambience were all very nice. I would definitely recommend and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurant, esp on short noticedine4twoDined on 4/12/2014I booked a table for lunch the night before and I was surprised that I could get a reservation. The food was very good and we enjoyed how unique the restaurant was. It was very busy and they only had two main servers, with two other people helping out. So that is why I rated the service good. If it wasn't as busy I would assume that the servers would have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteHeatherVIPDined on 4/11/2014Brasserie T is always a go to when we can't decide where we want to go on date night. The cocktail a la minute is always a win as well as the service. We have never been disappointed and will continue coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably excellentVicfoodieDined on 4/9/2014I have brunched and lunched several times at Brasserie T! and loved it every time. The food is superb including my favourite sous-vide salmon salad. Service is friendly and efficient. A must for every time we visit Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's been betterMTLDinerDined on 4/8/2014Although this is a restaurant I've been to numerous times (and recommended) my last visit was disappointing. On a cold Tuesday night, the place was nearly empty (we arrived around 7:30 pm): Seated my party of 2 at the last table in the back, near the kitchen/bathroom Waiter 1 not knowledgeable enough about meals/nightly offers Waiter 1 was not attentive at right time Waiter 1 mistakenly poured water into my drink, had to get attention of waiter 2 to call waiter 1, after quick chat he comes back with a new drink (minus alcohol) and puts it on our bill (not cool) Waiter 3 kept coming back to table, felt rushed (why? place is empty!) gave our plates even though we weren't finished Left a tip but won't be back or recommend anymore
- Belle découverteFelinazDined on 4/6/2014Architecture unique,très original,le local est entouré de vitres.Accueil sympa.Beau petit menu,pas trop de choix,c'est très bien ainsi.Ce soir-là il y avait un ceviche de pétoncles à se rouler par terre.Le service est courtois et très efficace.Belle clientèle.Bien situé dans le quartier des spectacles.Une adresse à retenir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivinLuckymonkeyDined on 4/3/2014Cela fait 2 fois que je vais à la Brasserie T et je n'ai jamais été déçu! Je n'ai rien à dire, sauf que la dernière fois que j'y suis allez, le service était relativement lent... Mais cela valait la peine, parce que la nourriture était exquise. Je fais y retourner c'est certain. J'ai bien hâte à l'été pour essayer leur terrasse :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French BrasserieChristian27Dined on 4/1/2014Here is to my knowledge the first restaurant in Montreal using the concept of the French Brasserie, namely great food from a known chef at an affordable price. I had the best scallop ceviche ever, and the lamb was very good too. But the best was yet to come, the Paris Brest ! There is a good wine list and a good selection of wines by the glass. The service is friendly but not too much and the noise level is acceptable. Great place for a nice dinner right before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foie GrasPipingRockDined on 3/30/2014We ate here three night this past week ... the pan seared foie gras is probably some of the best we have ever had. I could go back for that alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular and tastyPoppetDined on 3/30/2014This is a perfectly located restaurant to eat at if visiting Les Place des Arts. The food was delicious and filling and the service friendly and efficient. Would recommend booking in advance as it is a popular place and can get busy with visitors to the arts centre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, meh serviceAmberSpyglassVIPDined on 3/29/2014Normally, I really enjoy Brasserie T! This time, it took ages for us to be acknowledged once we were seated (even though we confirmed that we had to get to a show). I always find it annoying when I have to stare down wait staff in order to get acknowledged. Other than that, the food was good, as always, and it remains one of my favourite places to go before a performance at PDA. I had the "saumon à l'aneth" with the fennel salad. It was a little heavy on the oil this time, but it is so yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, efficient waiter,mjasperDined on 3/21/2014Good service, efficient waiter, proposed wine to pair with our meal and it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New tartare discoveryLuvyamDined on 3/20/2014I had a tartare de cerf with crispy quinoa and a special vinaigrette out of this world. Delicate but very flavoured taste. Definitely I'll take it again. The escargots and the bavette that my hubby took were also very nicely done. The weak part was service. The waitress was not coming regularly and was chatting instead of checking her tables. Too bad:-(Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/2014As always, Brasserie T! met the expectations with a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowMontreal19Dined on 3/14/2014Rien à dire! Tout était délicieux... Meme le cocktail etait original et delicieux! Ingredients de choix. Tout etait juste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.