222 Sansome St.
San Francisco, CA 94104Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mandarinoriental.com/sanfrancisco
- Phone: 4159862020x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast 6.30am-11am / Lunch 11am-4pm/ Dinner 4pm-11pm
Breakfast 7am-11am / Lunch 11am-4pm/ Dinner 4pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Adam Mali
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Banquet facilities available, please contact Director of Catering Tere Garcia at (415)276-9619
- Entertainment: None
- Special Events: In celebration of our 25th Anniversary year, Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco has undergone an extensive refurbishment. Our new Brasserie S&P is now open and accepting reservations.
- Cross Street: California St. and Pine St.
- Public Transit: Muni Bus; Cable Car; BART (Montgomery Street Station)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: If through garage valet: Each 15 minutes is $4 / $35 max
If through hotel valet:
1st hour $12
2 hrs = $25
3 hrs = $35
4hrs = $43
5+hrs = $45 (max)
Saturday + Sunday = $15 All Day for both hotel and garage valet
A word from Brasserie S&P
Serving brasserie-style San Francisco cuisine and refined cocktails complemented with a diverse wine-program, Brasserie S&P, has unveiled to be a favorite in the local culinary scene. We offer all-day dining from a creative menu, designed by Executive Chef Adam Mali, which incorporates the finest, seasonal ingredients found in California. The 90 seat restaurant blends seamlessly with our “gincentric” bar to offer a lively, sophisticated yet informal dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie S&P reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (11)great for brunch (8)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)romantic (4)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- expérience extraordinaireOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014La qualité de la nourriture était vrakmemt délicieuse, l'ambiance agréable et des serveurs attentionnés. Que peut-on demander de mieux?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not inpressedcjsabecVIPDined on 10/3/2014Sorry, but I was not impressed. After getting the 7x7 review that this was THE place for a business breakfast, I scheduled my meeting there. I felt more neglected than at a bustling greasy spoon. For some reason they choose to serve coffee in uninsulated pots they sit on the table, so after the first cup, all the rest are cold. My poached eggs were literally raw except for a thin skin of cooked white. It was truly inedible. Since I was in a business breakfast with a stranger, I could not complain. Spent the next 20 minuted trying to discretely get the attention of someone so I could ordered some bacon and at least get some food in my stomach. I am happy to pay top dollar for a place that is actually tip dollar. I'll literally never be back.
- We left!DianaVIPDined on 9/15/2014We were seated at a table and given menus. That's it. None of the serving staff acknowledged us. They were not busy. We weren't even offered water while we sat there.Special Features:
- Decent food, poor serviceSFBrunchDined on 8/8/2014Food was quite yummy - we had salmon scramble. However, service was quite sub-par. After getting seated, we waited for 15 minutes before someone would take our order - they were quite rushed too. They stopped only once to ask how things are and that was 20 minutes into the meal... Given poor service, their prices seem a bit too high...Special Features:
- The following 145 reviews are from the Brasserie S&P reviews archive.
- Fantastic service!VinPinotVIPDined on 6/1/2014Great first experience. Tasty twist to an old favorite: steak frites,but the food itself should have been hot not just lukewarm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobby BarEMFletcherVIPDined on 5/28/2014Despite their best efforts, the restaurant cannot avoid the ambiance of a lobby bar, because that's what it is. It has high ceilings, lots of foot traffic going past, and is quite loud. Food was tasty, but I found the menu to have limited selections. Wine and beer selections were above average. If I was arriving from the airport, hungry, and checking into the hotel, I'd stop there for a bite. Once settled into the hotel, with a little less urgency, I'd enjoy one of SFs many other restaurants to enjoy.
- Delicious food but spotty service.ubtravVIPDined on 5/20/2014Had lunch with a friend on a Tuesday. Our food was very good but the service, from the water/bread, to our meal and follow-up, was very slow. We had to ask for more water, ask to order, and ask for the check. Perhaps they were short- staffed that day but it was dissappointing to have such an experience at a hotel that prides itself on exemplary service.Special Features:
- Business MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2014This is a good choice for a business breakfast or lunch where you want some privacy and the ability to hear the people you're with. The service is excellent. The food was not special.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/23/2014What a disappointment Had a business lunch here and the service was very poor and the food just okay. Can't believe we were in a Mandarin Oriental. Go to the Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton instead.
- Terrible. Stay away.ChuckVIPDined on 4/17/20141) Chair too low and I am 6'2". 2) Ridiculous Ipad drink list impossible to operate and will track finger oils from table to table as it gets passed around. 3) Simple hamburger served on a 12" plank that the waitress could barely handle and which was ridiculously too big for the table. 4) Food itself cold and mediocre. Sum: Prententious, over-decorated, uncomfortable and noisy. And mediocre food.
- Perfect dining room for businesssparkeresqDined on 4/11/2014This is an excellent dining room for a business breakfast meeting or special breakfast with a friend. The service is excellent. The room is fairly quiet; it feels private. The table is nicely arranged. The service is the best. The food is delicious and one may order tasty and healthy food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the unique combinationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2014Love the unique combinations of flavors of their dishes. Beautifully presented and deliciousSpecial Features:
- Nice addition to Financial DistrictSlug74VIPDined on 3/27/2014Very comfortable setting for lunch. Plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you walk in you are surprisedTeddyVIPDined on 3/21/2014When you walk in you are surprised by the low key décor for this restaurant in the Mandarin Hotel. The wait staff was a bit disorganized and got one of the 6 orders totally wrong. service was a bit slow. The food howevr was very good. The duck, th equail and the sea bass were excellent.Special Features:
- Pleasant atmosphere, fine foodPDXDiners2VIPDined on 3/12/2014My husband was craving a ribeye steak while we were visiting SF and Brasserie S&P fit the bill. It's right off the hotel lobby, but we had a quiet, comfortable table where we could hear each other (an often uncommon experience). The menu is relatively small, but the aforementioned steak was excellent, as was my fish, the appetizers, and the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/26/2014This was my first visit to this restaurant. It was very nice, food was very good and so was service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentmekimbellVIPDined on 2/15/2014I don't review or give idle praise but this experience is worth saying, "Excellent".Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2014Would rate the food as poor, especially given the prices. i had Nicoise salad and the fish was canned. Certainly not what you would expect. My associates had similar comments on their lunches.
- Great welcomeStevenDined on 1/10/2014attentive yet unobtrusive staff, quiet ambience not rushed good quality to foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had reservations on NewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013We had reservations on New Years Eve at 8:15pm. We didn't finish our meal until 11pm! We were a group of 8. The food was good but the service was very slow. It look almost an hour just to get our bread and orders down. The servers were obviously helping other tables but there were not alot of tables. Maybe about a total of 20 tables? However, the food was decently good. I ordered the ribeye, which was good but it was a little tough to cut. The tuna poke sashimi was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menu for ChristmasDaberkVIPDined on 12/25/2013Limited menu for Christmas Day - but we will be back to enjoy additional options. Their wine "list" was a first for me - on an iPad. It made sorting through options quite easy - and afforded the opportunity to give more detailed descriptions of various wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had brunch here on ChristmassfeaterVIPDined on 12/25/2013We had brunch here on Christmas since it was one of the only places open. The food was fine (though the egg nog French toast just tasted like any French toast and the granola / yogurt mix did not include much yogurt) but we waited an unbelievably long time (over 30. Minutes after placing order) for our food to arrive after ordering. This must have been a kitchen problem rather than wait staff problem, but it still would have been kind for the wait staff to address the issue. If we had had other options, we would have just paid for our coffee and left. For the money, this is definitely not worth it.
- A simple cafe with 5-star servicejaz2020VIPDined on 12/21/2013In a town crowded with fine restaurants, it's surprisingly hard to: (a) find a quiet comfortable place for a working meal or to [actually] talk with friends, where one doesn't have to scream to be heard; and (b) good service in a town full of cheerful but poorly trained waitstaff. Brasserie S&P has very simple cafe food--we're talking sandwiches even at dinner time, with a very limited menu (the one on the web is a sample; what you get will be shorter). But the surroundings are clean/comfortable, unlike 99.9% of SF restaurants. Tables are large; chairs are comfy! The service is even better than Perbacco's, making it the best in SF's FiDi. The burger is excellent, btw. It's like having your own private club, with no dues!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Surprise at Mandarin SFPattyP14Dined on 12/21/2013Both our hotel concierge at another SF hotel and Open Table recommended Brasserie S&P. I was looking for more "little bites," California light and this really fit the bill. Very good food, beautifully displayed. Fun festive drinks and my husband tried a "flight" of gins from three different US states. I have never eaten dinner at this Mandarin, but have long enjoyed the restaurant at the Mandarin on Capitol Hill in DC. I would recommend this place for a romantic outing after a tough work week even if you are not staying in the hotel for business, so it is good for local SF residents as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013The service was good but the food delivery was slow. We were a breakfast party of 8 and had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceJessicaVIPDined on 12/14/2013We came here for Holiday High Tea, which turned out to be pretty poor value for money. For $45 pp, you get a plate of 6 finger sandwiches (equivalent to about 1 sandwich), a plate of cookies/ brownies, and 2 "scones" with cream and jam. And the tea. The sandwiches were nice, but minuscule - if you don't have a sweet tooth, you will definitely leave hungry! The sweets were also not great - various shortbread cookies, and some brownies. The scones were not real scones - they were more like a very small sweet biscuit with some raisins & cranberries sprinkled through. I think, if you are going to have a traditional High Tea, then you should at least have proper British scones with clotted cream! If you want High Tea, go to Lovejoy's instead.
- My crab roll wasn't actuallySuzmusDined on 12/14/2013My crab roll wasn't actually a "roll", but crab salad on a fairly small bun. If i hadn't ordered fries (instead of the chips that came with the sandwich), this sandwich would not have been very satisfying on its own. It was good, just not quite what I was expecting. My sister ordered a burger medium rare. It came out rare and on the same size bun that my crab roll came on. There was also something in it that she had to keep pulling out...she said it was like little pieces of gristle. In the end, she couldn't eat it. The server never came back to check on us, even though we were only one of two parties in the whole place at the time. This was an expensive lunch (and I really do "get" San Francisco prices!) for what was delivered.
- Small menu and three mostrichgrabberVIPDined on 12/6/2013Small menu and three most attractive items were not available. Good cocktails. Server was not well informed.
- Gluten-Free ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/28/2013WE appreciate having a place to eat a gluten-free Thanksgiving dinner when we are too busy to prepare our own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2013I made last minute thanksgiving reservations for me and my two sons . The meal was good , 4 course dinner presented very nicely . The staff were great , overall it was a very good experience that my two teenagers were also happy about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular spotCK350Dined on 11/13/2013I have dined here for lunch on several occasions as it's very convenient. The meals have always been good with the exception of the most recent visit. My guest and I both ordered the Ahi Tuna with my guest asking for it rare. The fish was cooked through to the point of being tough and dry. I was a bit embarrassed after talking the place up and would have inquired with the server but she unfortunately never returned to the table (just the runners) until the bill came. My second guest had the Bento Box which looked fine.Special Features:
- Great New FindWallyVIPDined on 11/8/2013My wife and I really liked this new restaurant. It is in the lobby area of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. When we first arrived for our reservation I was a little apprehensive due to the placement in the hotel. The owners need to improve the screening of the dining area from the lobby traffic a little better. Once we were seated and the dining experience began I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. You soon were enjoying the experience so much that you forgot the minor distractions of the hotel guests walking toward the elevators. The service was impeccable and the food was superb from the appetizers all the way through the dessert. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater DinnerRichVIPDined on 11/8/2013Not bad. Good place for a drink after work, but definitely an older crowd - not a "hot spot." Food was OK (NE clam chowder excellent). With near infinite SF choices, I wouldn't make a return visit a high priority.
- Nice Find in the Financial DistrictRobTomasHawaiiVIPDined on 11/1/2013Had a great experience with Brasserie S&P. At first, we didin't realize -- and was a bit skeptical -- that it was located in the Mandarin Oriental, but it turned out to be a great experience. I ordered their free-range burger. It was actually presented very well. They had a fantastic wine and cocktail list. The bar was pretty busy, so the ambiance was great for a Friday night. The only (small) thing I hope to see improved on is the lighting. It was a little too bright for me, but other than that, I would come back here again.Special Features:
- YummypickyeaterDined on 10/12/2013I cannot express how happy I was with my experience at this restaurant. The service was great and the atmosphere was pleasant. The food was delicious and I plan to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!MasterFoolDined on 9/13/2013Found this restaurant on OpenTable, and what a find it was! The service was very good. The Hostess was a gem, and quickly found us a table even after our party size changed from the reservation. Our waiter, Joe, was always there when we needed him, but didn't hover. The food was even better than the service (if that's possible). Started with fresh bread served with locally sourced EVOO (DaVero Farms!! Yum!) In fact, most ingredients were locally sourced! I had the Duck w/ Huckleberries, my wife had the Farro Pasta - both cooked perfectly, and tasted wonderful. The beer menu is extensive, as is the wine list. Prices very reasonable for the quality of food and service that you get. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Good for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/11/2013Food is very good, but not a wow by any stretch. It is a convenient location in financial district for a business lunch, and is relatively quiet for that purpose. Service has been pretty slow on several occasions - most of the delays seem to originate in the kitchen, and servers seem to turn over regularly, but hopefully they will figure that out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/27/2013Decent food and notable cocktail and wine list. I was impressed with this restaurant's outstanding service. The waitress and the assistant waiter were very nice and professional. I would highly recommend this place for business lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Great option for business meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/23/2013I've met a number of clients at Brassiere S&P, which is perfectly situated in SF's financial district. It's right off the lobby of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel but you can still have a nice business lunch without too much distraction. Service is great; just the right amount of check ins from the servers and not too obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice but not stellar restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2013I enjoyed lunch at this restaurant off the lobby in the Mandarin Oriental hotel in the San Francisco financial district. Service was excellent from "checking-in" through paying the bill, but I gave 4 rather than 5 stars because it needs to be more in the background. Food only received 3 stars not because of quality--all the food was good--but because of rather limited options. Lots of creative sandwich choices, but too many _sandwich_ choices. Nevertheless, Kudos to the restaurant for offering some reasonably priced choices. Ambience inside is nice (good for a small business or social gathering), but there is no view even if one sits by the window (recommended) and basically one sees the inside of a hotel lobby most of the time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.