327 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://brasseriepascal.com/
- Phone: 9496402700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Sat 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Mon-Thurs 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Fri-Sat 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11am to 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Pascal Olhats
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Happy Hour:
Monday through Friday from 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Special Events: I
A word from Brasserie Pascal
Free WiFi in the bar!
Free WiFi in the bar!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie Pascal reviews from OpenTable diners
- Thanks 4 the years o grand dinningLuminateTheWayDined on 12/28/2013So sorry to see this wonderful French restaurant go... Great French dinning and very reasonable pricing... I hope to see you start up again at a new location! Au revoir!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad holiday servicerocketheadDined on 12/24/2013Brought my family here for dinner on Christmas Eve. The service was very bad. Our server barely paid any attention to us, letting plates pile up between courses, failing to bring courses in a multi-course set holiday menu blaming us for not ordering (when in fact we had to stop him when taking our order to make sure he got the fact that we were ordering something for every course because he kept trying to leave before we finished ordering), took forever to place our order, server kept rushing by our table ignoring our pleas to order), and not bringing silverware for last course when they finally cleared the table before desert. There were many other examples. Too bad because other than a subpar bisque, the food was very good.
- Not up to parogfooddudeDined on 12/23/2013This restaurant is one of our favorites. However, on this evening the service was way off. Food was great.Special Features:
- Very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/23/2013This place was half empty on a night when most restaurants were fully booked. Very poor quality service and bad food. There's nothing that can help these guys. Next restaurant to take over this location please.
- French gemmalibuGalDined on 12/21/2013We enjoyed every dish. The salads were fresh and delicious. The short ribs were exquisite. The chicken was divine, and the steak was terrific. Very, very French feeling, thoroughly enjoyable. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French FoodReviewVIPDined on 12/21/2013The atmosphere could not be beat. So romantic and perfect to celebrate Christmas and any other night out! The wine was superb. The server was friendly, courteous and prompt. However, the food was too salty and overcooked. Even though we loved it, we won't come back for dinner, but will use this restaurant for desserts and some spirits. Loved the location!Special Features:
- Great food, poor service especiallyEatoutfanaticsDined on 12/18/2013Great food, poor service especially they were not busy since it was a late lunch. Water glass had lipstick marks on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Friends Catch UpDentalguruDined on 12/13/2013Nice that they take reservations, too bad parking is so challenging! Love the decor and the menu selections were good but it was quite loud and difficult to hear. While I liked the restaurant and food the parking difficulty will make me less likely to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Fashion IslandBeccaVIPDined on 12/13/2013My reservation was for early on a Friday evening, so it wasn't crowded at all. Personnel were all warm, and food was good. Attention to detail was lacking by the servers (my water sat empty through much of the meal).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas shopping dinnerorangebulldogDined on 12/11/2013Food was good (although extremely salty) and atmosphere nice, but service was awful. We waited for over 30 minutes to get our bill. Also the menu on open table showed a $19 three course meal, which turned out to be $30 for two courses, or $35 for three courses. This was very disappointing as the menu was very overpriced.Special Features:
- Decent food, sloooow serviceLikeToEatOutVIPDined on 12/11/2013Went to the restaurant for lunch. Got seated quickly. Service was very slow. I'm guessing the kitchen was overwhelmed, because the waiter did stop by fairly frequently with updates, unfortunately the 'your food will be here in 5 minutes' turned into more like 15 or 20... Food was OK, had the onion soup which was underseasoned, and the croque monsier, which was ok (though also a bit flavorless). The nutella crepe was tasty, though you cannot really go wrong in my book with anything that has to do with nutella :-)
- Everyone loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/5/2013Went with a group of 8. Everyone loved their food. Shrimp and artichoke appetizers were outstanding. I had the trout and it was excellent. Others loved the bouillabaisse. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check left oversMichelleVIPDined on 12/3/2013Good service. Good food. But remember to check your left overs. A few were switched.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went two nights in a row;Heathbc888Dined on 11/28/2013Went two nights in a row; same waiter both nights. On the first night there were long waits in between courses. We had three kids and had to wait 30 minutes for one dessert. We weren't impressed with that, particularly since the restaurant was not that busy. The food was fine. On the second night we ordered our entire meal when the waiter took our drinks - first and second courses plus dessert. When it came time to bring dessert out the waiter told us they were out of the dish I ordered. I said to him incredulously, "Since 7pm?". He said he'd forgotten to place the dessert order. To his credit he rustled something up that solved the problem. Just shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. Food was good the second time too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkey supper12xxVIPDined on 11/28/2013The meal was great especially the butternut squash bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend in NewportOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2013This was our second time at this restaurant, it is really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentTonyVIPDined on 11/22/2013Brasserie Pascal contiunes to maintain the high standards of an excellent European bistro.Special Features:
- Off-NightscufredVIPDined on 11/16/2013Food was good, but delays in receiving it were inordinately long (45 minutes between drinks and salads and 25 minutes between salads and entrees). I've been a long-time Pascal fan, but this was not a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good But Could be Better.StreamlinerVIPDined on 11/12/2013The food has always been really good here, but the drinks are like playing Russian Roulette. One day they are this price, the next time you visit, much higher. Then they are lower and then they are higher again. You order two martinis: one comes with the glass properly filled, while the other is 1/4" lower. That is poor, sloppy mixology and this place deserves better.Special Features:
- Wine storage malfunctionBeamerDined on 11/10/2013It was our 37th anniversary. We had ordered a bottle of good wine and waited a long time. Apparently, the key to the wine storage broke in the lock and they were unable to serve except for the wine by the glass selection (I guess these are not in locked storage). They comped a couple of glasses and an appetizer. Things happen and at least they tried to make it up. Pascal is always good for a somewhat typical French brasserie fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well executed French fooddesertdinerVIPDined on 11/9/2013Enjoyable dinner and wine. Found this place when Flemmings was too crowded. Came for a drink and the menu intrigued us. Thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatCherylDined on 11/9/2013I've been here maybe ten times. Even as a vegetarian, I find great food. The shrimp Louis is one of my favorites. The service is always exceptional. I was there with my sister and mom, "celebrating" our parents' 45th anniversary, but without my dad because he passed away two months ago. My mom mentioned it to the waiter and he brought us a beautiful dessert with two candles and wished her happy anniversay several times. It was very sweet and the waiter couldn't have been more attentive or kind. Parking here however is tough because there are so many restaurants at Fashion Island, so carpool if you can. Beautiful restaurant and bar. We've decided to make this an annual occasion at Brasserie Pascal.Special Features:
- Love Pascal's restaurantsAshleyFDined on 11/1/2013I've dined at a few of Pascal's restaurants in OC, and have never been disappointed. Delicious and impeccable service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJaneVIPDined on 10/30/2013Brasserie Pascal looks like a French Bistro inside, dark wood, burgundy colors in chairs,nice subtle lighting. Two people can dine there for under 55 and receive a great filet steak, potatoes and fresh vegies, salad or soup and a choice of desserts ( you also have a choice of entrees)and wine, bring your own ( 15 corkage) or order one of there great selections. The food is prepared wonderfully and served elegantly . Close to Newport, Irvine etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant has improvedBrendaVIPDined on 10/29/2013This restaurant has improved tremendously since it opened as Brasserie Pascal a few years ago. The food is excellent and the service is attentive, yet non intrusive. It is a well- priced option for Orange County fine dining and the atmpsphere is lively, fun and sophisticated.. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodStevieMacVIPDined on 10/26/2013Very good place and great food at reasonable price for Fashion Island. Excellent for lunch and dinner. Been here 5+ times and food is very consistent. Service always good. Good variety on the menu. They have fixed price menu options most of the time and are good value. Great standards such as mussels with a few preparations, trout almondine, short ribs, etc. Not high end french gourmet, but also not much opportunity to disappoint either.Special Features:
- All food was properly prepaired,delTODDDined on 10/25/2013All food was properly prepaired,delicious & with top ingredients.Escargot is the best anyware.Pascal knowes French food & how it is to be prepaired & served.Have loved his food since the 80s always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Parisian Than A Paris BistroMac1VIPDined on 10/25/2013If you want to feel like you are in Paris without the attitude try this wonderful brasserie. Great food, great service and great ambiance. We dine at Brasserie Pascal often.Special Features:
- We appreciated the reasonableBellagioVIPDined on 10/18/2013We appreciated the reasonable prices -- especially the $10 entrees before 6:30 pm and the prix fixe menu. One of our side orders came out very bland and tasteless. We sent it back and it was prepared fresh, with the proper seasonings and tasted much better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKathyDined on 10/17/2013One of the best dinners, everything was so fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great great greatMac1VIPDined on 10/14/2013love this restaurant. Food is good, ambience is good and service is excellent!Special Features:
- Lunch with the ladiesLunchbunchDined on 10/11/2013A small group of us met for lunch at Pascals. The service was attentive and timely. The food was delicious in particular the grilled salmon salad was one of the best I have had. This is a consistent and reliable place to meet and enjoy a delicious meal in a great setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS RESTAURANT! LoveJanetDined on 10/9/2013LOVE THIS RESTAURANT! Love the $10 deals! I eat there all the time!Special Features:
- Never let's me downGregDined on 10/9/2013I go often for lunch and it's consistent. I do miss their $10.00 lunch specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OverallConwonfuDined on 10/6/2013The waiters and waitresses were very attentive. They always attended to the guests needs. The menu was affordable and very good. They have a $10 menu before 6:00, it is very good. The mood is very relaxed and calm. It makes the dining experience so much better.Special Features:
- Service was Great!StevePaxVIPDined on 10/5/2013Server Pierre was terrific! His suggestions on every course was outstanding! ALL HITS! From the 3 appetizers – Tableside Salad - Dinner course – Wine and dessert were delicious!! We would come back and ask for this same serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Price Lunch menuUndWmgDined on 10/2/2013great place to meet friends for lunch, the 2 special price lunch menus have good food and good options. My friends and I meet here on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No longer the gem it once was.myreview2uVIPDined on 9/27/2013We came for dinner to celebrate our friend landing a big job. The filet mignon cuts and quality are below average and preparation is random. Our favorite French Onion soup is no longer the delight it used to be. Upcharged to substitute french fries for mashed potatoes and steamed veges. We finally just sent the steak dinner back. Service was pleasant, smiling but just poor. Pascal's once set a standard for food quality, sharp service and cool atmosphere. Sadly, Pascal's Brasserie lowers that bar.
- Great food at a great priceMMMMDined on 9/23/2013Dining at French restaurant often comes with the expectations of great food with a high price but with Brasserie Pascal, you can eliminate the latter. It started with the bread and the tapenade which is difficult to stop eating. My team had the braised ribs, the filet, the sole and a variety of salads and they were all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude managerDisappointedVIPDined on 9/22/2013Very rude manager when we spoke to her regarding our appetizer and the lack of bread. It was a pate appetizer being shared by 4 people and the kitchen had placed 3 small pieces of toast points. When we asked for more bread for the table, we were informed that they had run out. When we questioned how that could happen, she became rude and really defensive about running out of bread. As a fellow diner at the next table commented why not run to the whole foods next door and buy some? Very bad customer service... We've been to this restaurant many times before but I doubt we'll be coming back. We'll take our business to a restaurant where they know how to treat their customers with respect and provide good customer service.