626 SW Park Ave
Portland, OR 97205Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brasserieportland.com/
- Phone: (503) 236-3036
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11:30am-2:30pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am-2:30pm
Happy Hour: Monday-Sunday 2:30pm-6:00pm & Monday-Thursday 9:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Sunday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Cajun, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Randy Barta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On and off site catering available. We offer both private and semi-private rooms to suit your needs. Please Contact Emilee Roley at email@example.com for more information.
- Entertainment: Live and Eclectic Music 3 Nights a Week!
- Special Events: Bastille Day celebration, weddings, private parties. Plate and Pitchfork and other food community & wine dinner events. See website for more details at www.brasseriepdx.com.
- Cross Street: SW Morrison & SW Alder
- Public Transit: Located within two blocks of both Max red and blue line stations.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street Parking is free after 7pm. We recommend the Fox Tower parking garage on SW Taylor between Broadway and Park Ave., or the Smart Park garage on 10th and Yamhill.
A word from Brasserie Montmartre
Tucked away on a narrow street in the historic Calumet building in the heart of downtown, this rustic-refined French-American gastro-pub evokes the feel of Paris while being quintessentially Portland. In the heart of downtown, the Brasserie is a place to wind up or wind down. It's a perfect venue for date nights, business lunches, relaxing after work, on-the-town dining, or a post-shopping retreat. Private dining suitable for intimate fêtes or more boisterous affairs. This local brasserie elicits the true essence and spirit of the word “Montmartre,” defined literally as the highest point in Paris, and now figuratively as a perfectly French-American respite for food, drink and conviviality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Brasserie Montmartre - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Brasserie Montmartre reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)special occasion (24)romantic (21)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (14)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (7)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- An Excellent Birthday DinnerjlbfellowDined on 11/20/2014My wife and I had a wonderful meal to celebrate her birthday. The food was stellar, the service excellent. I recommend wholeheartedly the Brasserie. Bon appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerEbkarstenDined on 11/9/2014Joined another couple for dinner. The service was great and the food even better. They had a nice selection of wine and spirits. Only issue we had was it was very dark which made it hard to read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kajun GalKajunBreesVIPDined on 11/9/2014This was my third visit and overall a good dining experience. We went to Sunday Brunch and after our orders were taken, our server waited until it was time to bring our the food to tell us they were out of "shrimp". Therefore, my order was delayed. The restaurant was not crowded at all and our server should have been told immediately upon receipt of the order that they were out of "shrimp".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite for Special OccasionsLBParsonsDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I stumbled upon this place a couple of years ago and popped in for a drink (we had dinner reservations somewhere else). We loved the atmosphere here and quickly returned to celebrate a birthday and stayed to try out the food. Now, this is our restaurant every time we celebrate a special occasion. Food is excellent. Menu always changes a bit for each season, great drinks selection and service is the best. Attentive but not overbearing. And I cannot say enough about the atmosphere here.....just a great place to relax and spend time with special ones. Definitely give this place a try! Word of warning....reservations made through Open Table don't always work. Luckily, the restaurant was quiet the night we made reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, excellent dinnerDutchieDined on 11/7/2014Server was fun, attentive and knowledgeable. Loved the amuse bouche surprise of tapenade with a chip. The mussels were fantastic, as we're entrees, the roasted Brussels sprouts and the squash etc. We'll certainly be back on our next weekend getaway from Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Slow ServicepdxerDined on 11/2/2014It shouldn't take over 30 minutes to produce two omelets, especially when we were one of three tables in use at the time. Once the food came it was good, but slow.
- Great Fall MealAboutTownVIPDined on 10/31/2014We stopped by on Halloween and although it was not really crowded, there were people out celebrating. The staff dressed in costume which made it fun. Also, there was live music...double fun. Overall, we always keep Brasserie as a "go to" place in downtown because of the delicious food and great service. I would recommend this to others for sure!Special Features:
- Great ExperiencefeistychefDined on 10/29/2014We were celebrating my son's birthday a little later on a Wednesday evening. The staff welcomed our large group (8) and gave us great service. The waiter (I wish I could remember his name) was super attentive. He went out of his way to make sure everyone in our party had a great experience. The food was fabulous too. Everything was amazing. Portland restaurants don't always offer service as good as the food, but this place has never disappointed me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/26/2014Not a good day to eat here if you were on a schedule. We allowed 1.5 hrs before we had to get to a Sunday afternoon concert. When we arrived, we only saw 3 tables occupied. Our drink order was delivered, our food order taken. 45 min later, our lunch had not arrived. Meanwhile, the restaurant had filled. I didn't understand why this should affect us, as we arrived when there was no back-up, but it did. the biggest problem was staffing: I only saw 1 server. Food was good, but way overshadowed by the angst and irritation we felt.
- FUN GATHERING FOR GIRLFRIENDSGZzzzVIPDined on 10/24/2014Four friends dined at Brasserie Friday evening. Warmly greeted by the hostess & seated a bit further from the evening's musicians as it made for easier conversation. Loved the food, the music and our time together. Everyone opted for lighter fare; from great salads to their Mac & Cheese appetizers, everyone was pleased. Raspberry sorbet - yumm. Not so much the banana walnut cake (a bit dry). But all in all ~ great evening for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedMagic1234Dined on 10/11/2014Terrible experience all around.Food served Stone Cold. Samantha the waitress was rude, not helpful and very slow. I had had a very nice meal there before but very unsatisfied with the last experience, I took out of town family here and the entire meal was a disaster.Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceParentsnightoutDined on 10/10/2014While the food, ambiance and vibe were very good the service was great! Thank you. The pink bow just works perfectly:)Special Features:
- MehFoodieFromBostonDined on 10/7/2014Food was fine but nothing special and certainly overpriced for what it was. The raw oysters that we ordered as an appetizer came after we finished our entrees and were awful, we could not even eat them. We told the waitress and she charged us for them nonetheless -- we did not ask that they be taken off our bill but given that we didn't eat them I think she should have done it anyway. I would not go back and would not recommend it to others. Also, they spelled pinot noir incorrectly on a blackboard announcing a new wine.
- B-day dinnerdressedupDined on 10/4/2014My wife, son, and myself were greeted upon arrival by friendly faces and voices, and seated at a nice table. Our server was courteous, knowledgeable, and treated us with respect. Our second visit to Brasserie was again a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty BrunchJohnDoughVIPDined on 9/28/2014A good selection of plates for brunch that were either traditional or unique and there was something for everyone. The food took a long time to come in a mostly empty restaurant but was hot and fresh upon arrival. Someplace to go and meander over brunch, but not if you're on a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointedForestGroveDiningClubDined on 9/27/2014Wow what can we say....From the time we all walked in until we left, we were so impressed with this place.....We made reservations and requested if possible a round table for 10 and when we arrived they had accommodated us with a perfectly square table on the platform in the back of the restaurant...It worked great as we could all chat together.... Our server (Neisha) was absolutely perfect. We could not have asked for someone more professional and attentive...She handled our orders "like a boss"....Wow, she took care of everything...drinks, water,...everything incredibly fast......And then the food...YUM!!...It is very rare to have 10 people at the same time say on a 1 to 10 scale that their food was a "10"....We will be back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Could Be GreatJuJuDinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went with a group and received excellent service...at first. Great check-in experience, great table at the back, great waiter at first. Then something happened...maybe it was because we had to send back two Manhattans because it was waaaaaay overly "bittered". But our wonderful waiter seemed to have disappeared and it took nearly 30 minutes to get new drinks. The salads and steak was good. The french onion soup was terrible (all bread), and I made the mistake of ordering the frog legs (think fishy-chicken). Although the place was 1/4 full, we still had a hard time getting attention for service. Not sure we'll be back.
- Spectacular ExperienceAvisDined on 9/13/2014This is a lovely restaurant with an evening atmosphere that boasts romantic lighting and live jazz Thursday through Saturday. I felt welcome from the very moment I was greeted. Since I often dine alone, I am used to expecting a bit of whispering about the table or a well meant question of "will there be anyone else joining you tonight?" However, none of that was present here which was quite refreshing. On the subject of food, it was delicious. The price for a three course meal is relatively reasonable. I began with a salad, then the coq au vin, and then the creme brulee. Perhaps my only criticism of the food is that the salad is cut in rather large chunks making it necessary to utilize a knife in order to eat it.Special Features:
- Food Was Great. The Service, nopeMaggieOCDined on 9/12/2014I have been going to the Brasserie since the '80s. And this latest iteration is great. The food is great and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Sadly, efficient and timely are not words I would use to describe them. Food took too long to be delivered, it wasn't that crowded. I could see wait staff hanging out in the kitchen. We would get orders late, not coordinated, get two of one thing and zero of another. They need some coaching.Special Features:
- Pomme Frites - worth every calorie!KeliDDined on 9/6/2014I seldom have fries...I save that treat for my twice-yearly trek to Portland to have the Duck Fat Frites and aoli at Brasserie Montmartre! The roast chicken breast is another favorite paired with a French Chardonnay. The atmosphere is very Parisian and the staff is always helpful and friendly. It's one of my all-time favorite places!Special Features:
- Overall good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Nice Urban restaurant. I liked the atmosphere, service, bread, mussels & frog legs. I was disappointed in the lamb recommended to us. Too tough. However, when we informed our server, she aplogozed & gave us a free desert. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks are deceivingReasonableDined on 8/30/2014Nice atmosphere and waitstaff followed by very marginal food. The specialty was paella. It looked and tasted like something out of the microwave. Was supposed to be a birthday dinner for our 16 year old. No acknowledgment or even a happy birthday. Disappointing experience.
- Longing for the pastluluDined on 8/29/2014I used to be a regular. Since the remodel I had been back for drinks and appetizers after the theater, but this was my first time for dinner. My rack of lamb was tough and my husband's filet was tougher. We both ordered it rare, but it was medium. Delicious flavor, but tough and medium. I am not the kind of fusspot who will spoil the dinner to make a scene and send it back. I may be right, but it makes everyone else at the table uncomfortable. Seems to me that a chef should be able to figure out "rare" the first time. The waiter was certainly pleasant, but we had been seated for 40 minutes before we got bread (on the third request, supplied by the guy refilling water.) It was not overly busy, either. Plenty of visible empty tables.Special Features:
- FluidityDined on 8/22/2014I purposefully created a French date night for my husband and myself,a way to present my new passport and Paris travel plans .A friend recommended Brasserie Monmartre. On line reviews wereinconsistent.Our experience from door arrrival to exit was excellant! Service was intuitive,warm, informative ,professional,and consistent across multiple wait staff.This was the perfect introduction to our Paris adventure. The food presentation was lovely, timely presented.Next time I would skip the strawberry shortcake. Happy and full on exit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good potentialMartyVIPDined on 8/20/2014The restaurant was attractive with nice ambience. Service was slow and spotty. Food was good but the salmon dish was nearly raw which they tried to defend by sayiny they use sushi grade fish. If we had wanted sushi we wouls have gone to a sushi place. Lamb and chicken were quite good. Desserts were good.
- Great for family celebrationTheodorDined on 8/14/2014Four of us were out to celebrate some good news and we chose the Brasserie because we were in the mood for French style: oysters, steak frites, red wine, etc. One of us is a definite foodie who hadn't been here before and she kept gasping with amazement about the oysters, the steak, the pommes frites, etc. The server described the oyster choices with the detail usually used for describing wines! We spent a lot, but it was worth every penny.Special Features:
- changesMimosaVIPDined on 8/10/2014I'm not sure exactly what happened or what changed, but the food and menu have changed dramatically over the years. And it didn't change for the better, but for worse. The brunch menu seems minimal. The most favorite, pork belly, is no longer available. The duck confit, my husband's favorite, is no longer available either. The service is not as great as it was few months ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will come backLowcarbDined on 8/8/2014This was our first time in this restaurant, and we chose to come to celebrate a birthday. We heard from friends that this restaurant has excellent food, especially steaks, at a reasonable price. They were right. And the staff was excellent, very attentive to our needs, and prompt to respond to any concerns we had.Special Features:
- gourmandrewVIPDined on 8/1/2014A Portland staple (if not just for the signage) this behemoth restaurant has a voice in the food scene, although a quiet one. It's just simple French fare, it's not trying to be overly creative or make a real name for itself. It has the "I don't care what you think of me" attitude. Which is good and bad.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicenidlenaDined on 7/31/2014It was not our first time at this place. Every time we go there, we know that food would be awesome and service be great! Waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable of menu. We ordered chicken breast and roasted lamb and it was delicious as usual. Thank you!Special Features:
- The following 526 reviews are from the Brasserie Montmartre reviews archive.
- over pricedBirthdaymomDined on 7/17/2014I have always loved the brasserie montemarte but I was disappointed in the portions of food for the price , especially the charcuterie Service was great and the ambianceSpecial Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014The food was overall very good. The prix fixe options for Bastille Day were great. The service was kind of slow. We tended to see our waitress in 15 minute cycles. We realized that she was spread all over the restaurant, making it tough for her to check up on us regularly.Special Features:
- A Portland ClassicHappyDinerDined on 7/12/2014The Brasserie has been in Portland for as long as I can remember. It has always had great ambience, food, drinks, and jazz. We missed the old paper table cloths with crayons, but that did not stop us from having a great time. The food was delicious, and we ate a lot of different items sharing them amongst us. We spent our 16th anniversary there and it was wonderful. You'll certainly enjoy it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brasserie Montmartre is GreatMarvinandAbbyDined on 6/21/2014Brasserie Montmartre has been one of our favorites for years, so it was the obvious choice for our anniversary dinner. The menu selections were varied and extensive for both food and wine. We had the Steak Frites and Roasted Leg of Lamb. Both were perfectly done (med. rare) and delicious. We also shared the Netarts oysters and Totten Inlet Mussels for starters and added the Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan Vinaigrette. For desert, we had the fresh strawberry shortcake and espresso. It all could not have been better! And the service was extremely good and prompt. Live jazz music 4 nights a week.Special Features:
- Great Food but worst serviceTricAPDined on 6/15/2014Amazing food but wow has was the service beyond BAD! Waiter was arrogant, lazy and rarely found, expediter was rude and surly and never did get a manager to stop by the table to see if we could be attended by someone else - sad part was it wasn't even that busy. Really disappointing on what was to have been a celebratory evening.Special Features:
- As usualJbdayDined on 6/15/2014We've dined here at least five times now. Very consistent! Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it use to be...DiningdogloversVIPDined on 6/12/2014I use to frequent this establishment quite a bit when I lived in PDX. I took my fiancee there for a special meal and to see what a great place it was, or use to be. The service was slow and we had to send back a drink because it wasn't made correctly. The food was fine, portions were small for the price. They seemed to be understaffed and our waiter seemed stressed.
- Frenchy and TastymesohappyDined on 6/12/2014I was in the mood for something Frenchy as close to work as possible (I work downtown), and the Brasserie hit the spot! Tasty quality food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- the wife loved it!BoosticonDined on 6/10/2014a little pricey but other than that.....no complaints.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/9/2014I made a last minute reservation on OpenTable and am so glad that we decided on Brasserie! Wonderful food & a pretty good beer and wine selection.Special Features: