Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence
1716 Depot Street
Manchester Center, VT 05255Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://brasserieloustau.com/
- Phone: 8027688538x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm Thursday and Friday; Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm Saturday and Sunday; Dinner: Monday, Thursday and Friday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm. Closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Vegetarian, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Dinners pairing wines from specific regions of France during 4-courses of refined brasserie cuisine.
A word from Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence
*** Voted 5th "Best French Restaurant in the U.S." by Travel+Leisure Magazine, August 2013!*** Brasserie L'Oustau brings a new American interpretation of classic French foods served at brasseries throughout Provence, an area of southern France famous for sun-kissed produce and seafood harvested fresh from the Mediterranean.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence - Best Restaurants in Manchester, VT ›
Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)special occasion (37)romantic (29)notable wine list (27)neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (13)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (9)scenic view (8)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- An Excellent Dining ExperienceRonCDined on 8/13/2014The food and service was good as always. The warm french bread could be a meal in itself. I had the roasted lamb over white bean cassoule and a delicious ratatouille. The other entree, the Flat Iron Steak Frites was tough and sent it back for the Filet Mignon, which was delicious. Apologizing, the owner sent a complimentary glass of wine. In addition, he presented us with a glasses of Spanish Cava and a great Creme Brulee. This made for another wonderful evening here.Special Features:
- A fabulous FindTamrayVIPDined on 8/10/2014Everything was top notch. Ambience, food, service all aces. Every server and bus staff was energetic, cheerful, and timely in their service. Dishes prepared perfectly. Only regret was that we went on our last night on vacation and couldn't return for a secon visit. But we will. This is a class place.Special Features:
- Sure stop while visiting ManchesterOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2014First time there during a visit to the area, will come backSpecial Features:
- NYC French in Vt.68FulviaDined on 8/8/2014Very good French fare in Manchester Ctr. Vermont. While the name of the restaurant suggests a Southern France origine, the menu offer few if any trully Provencale dishes which is a bit disapointing. One had visions of ratatouille, bouillabaisse and anchouillade but no such offerings were available on the night we visited. The food is otherwise a cut above and prices are reasonable given the quality. Despite meticulous attention to details the decor is a bit modern/sterile but service was attentive and excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantShelly00Dined on 8/8/2014We recently spent a week in Vermont on vacation. We went to the Brasserie early in our stay and loved it so much we had to go back before we left. The service, food and atmosphere were all terrific. This is a restaurant that should not be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelDined on 7/31/2014Both times I dined at this restaurant the owner himself greeted me and showed me to my table. He must care about his clients and be proud of his restaurant. The restaurant is quite elegant; the service is good and the food is, for the mostpart, very savory. I had the venison which was very tasty and impressive. The cocktails are interesting and very well prepared. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding French bistro foodolsenDined on 7/28/2014This was our 2nd visit and we will surely come again. The restaurant serves an outstanding selection of French standards using local sourced ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceErikDined on 7/23/2014This is the best restaurant in Manchester, VT. We have now eaten here several times have always had excellent food and service.Special Features:
- True French ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014Great French classics, perfectly prepared. Service was impeccable. Quiet a find in the middle of ski country!Special Features:
- Worth a vist...BIllBDined on 7/19/2014Very thoughtful menu with plenty to cheer about. Nice, complete wine list. Great staff and management. A nice change of pace in a very competitive area. Bonne chance!!Special Features:
- Nice dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Great dinner and service! We had the prixe fix dinner and it was outstanding love the salmon and forbidden rice. Dont forget to leave room for dessert. The Creme brûlée and pot de valrhone were delish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice in VTNokids4nowDined on 7/18/2014Everything was wonderful. The wine prices are a bit high, but great selection. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitingVermontVisitingVermontDined on 7/14/2014The food was excellent, as was its service. One of our guests enjoyed halibut, which was considered super excellent. Did not expect fried potatoes. Felt fries should not be part of this level of food experience. Owner, Michel, was very attentive, as our reservation was changed several times prior to the meal.Special Features:
- Provence in VermontcjbenjVIPDined on 7/14/2014Best French bistro in the Manchester area. Four of us dined and each of us thought the meal was superb. There is an extensive wine list, wonderful service and delightful ambiance. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- Pet FriendlyRecklessDined on 7/12/2014Outdoor dining was awesome. Brunch for four was yummy and well worth it! Our puppy joined us on the outdoor seating area and was greeted with his own bowl of refreshing ice water. Food was spectacular, service was timely and informative. Compliments to the chef. I would recommend eating here for any and all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you, Open TablevegetarianVIPDined on 7/12/2014Wonderful experience, interesting menu, terrific food, excellent service , lovely room. This is a fabulous find. It's two hours from our nearest home, but we'll be back. I searched on Open Table for a restaurant in Manchester, VT and found the Brasserie. Lucky us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Romantic EveningMeleikDined on 7/10/2014This was a perfect evening. I ordered from the price fixed menu and all courses were delicious. My husband had the halibut and it was great. We already shared a bottle of wine before dinner, so we each enjoyed a glass from their good but limited list of wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceEllenVIPDined on 7/7/2014The food was delicious. We had the three course dinner that was very reasonably priced. The portions were ample and well presented. The service was excellent. The restaurant was quite busy for a rainy Tuesday evening. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- French gem in ManchesterFoodlover14Dined on 7/6/2014What a nice find was Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence in Manchester! Remembering the venue from Lanie's for chicken and ribs, it was good to see the space transformed with a French bistro ambiance. The menu had all the favorite bistro foods, and the waitstaff was teriffic- we went two nights in a row and both nights the waitresses were well informed and very helpful and eager to please. We ordered the escargots in pastry; delicious pastry and meaty escargots in a flavorful beurre. Frisee salad with egg was delicious and tuna tartare was excellent. Onion soup was highly recommended by waitress for the hearty veal broth, which it had. Chicken was tender and nice size portion. The lemon tarte was not available but tarte tatin was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- linnysophieDined on 7/6/2014Wonderful food and service, will be back next time I visit Manchester.Special Features:
- Best Food in ManchesterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014Dinner was excellent! All the food is the highest quality and the service is very professional!Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceJAlovetoeatDined on 7/3/2014When visiting Manchester, we always visit Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence. The food is excellent and service top rate. The owner always goes out of his way to make you feel welcome.Special Features:
- Great food, service & ambience!MelGDined on 6/20/2014First time eating here and it will now be our favorite! The atmosphere and staff are so welcoming. The Mimosa salad and Lobster salad were both so fresh and good. The flat iron steak frites and short rib boeuf bourguignon were delicious. Good wine and well made cocktails...next time we will leave room for dessert!Special Features:
- So wonderful!!!minniDined on 6/18/2014My friend and I live in Manchester and Arlington!!! We absolutely love your Restaurant!!! We treat ourselves a couple of times a year for Lunch!!!! WE LOVE EVERYTHING, the food the service and the ambiance.... So thank you , for such a great placeSpecial Features:
- Overpriced & BaddinerDined on 6/15/2014Service was terrible. Server brought the wrong drinks, was not appropriately attentive to the table, and main course arrived an hour after appetizers. One steak arrived barely cooked and cold in the middle; it seemed clear that it had not only been undercooked, but that it had been sitting for a long period of time prior to arriving at table (and was chewy and not juicy). Will never return nor recommend; absolutely awful.
- Provence in Vermont!ItalBikerDined on 6/14/2014The Brasserie L'Oustau is a real gem. Impeccable service, great food and unusual (not necessarily expensive) southern French wines. The owner clearly has communicated his high standards to the waitstaff and kitchen. As a result, your are treated to a great meal. If you've ever been to France, this will refresh your memories. If you've never been, this as close as it gets.Special Features:
- wonderfulluv2dineVIPDined on 6/14/2014We travel from Albany, NY many times just for dinner and we are never disappointed. This past Saturday on the way to dinner my wife commented how much we look forward to dinner on the way up and on the way home how much we enjoyed our meal and night out. Thank you for a lovely experience . James FairchildSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best everPediatricDined on 6/13/2014We were there for the 2nd time in two years and this place is superb The food and Servive are incredible and we can't wait to return Don't miss it but call ahead a few weeks for reservations Also very fairly priced for high quality foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lovely ambiencenewgrad2014Dined on 6/8/2014This is a lovely spot near the Green Mountains. The food was great (highly recommend the creme brûlée!) as was the ambience. We could see the sun set over the mountains, seated outside. The tables in the patio are aplenty, and there is also a fire pit for more casual dining. Very serene and peaceful, and servers were very courteous and knowledgeable. Would definitely dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuestVIPDined on 6/5/2014Exceptionally fine service and delicious food - a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding brasserieJvenesqVIPDined on 5/31/2014Food , service. Hospitality on a very high level I highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!LaurelDined on 5/29/2014We've been looking for a place like this in the Manchester area For a decade. Wonderful, thoughtful food, nice wines, not too heavy--as is often the case with ski area food. Beautiful space--more like city restaurant but with plenty of space between tables so you can have a quiet conversation. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal wasn't timed right in kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014The steak was very tender and had a great flavor, but was cold to the touch while the fries were clearly fresh out of the frier. My wife's chicken was over cooked and rubbery. We had to wait almost an hour after our salads to recieve our entrees. The kitchen was clearly having problems with timing. Waitress took coffee of the bill to make up for the steak which was nice, but not quite what I would expect for a $140 dinner for two. Abmiance was not quite what I expected for the price point. It was loud and tables were so close I got a good update on what all the people at the adjoining tables having going on in their lives.
- Wonderful dinnerDirmaDined on 5/22/2014Great dinner with excellent wine. The wait staff was very knowledgable regarding both food and wine. Service was flawless. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timersAnniversary26Dined on 5/22/2014We had an excellent meal. Our waitress was very helpful with menu and wine selections. Can't wait to go back for our next experience.Special Features:
- overhypedTraumamdVIPDined on 5/17/2014We were told that the food was sooo good here, it was not to be missed. Unfortunately, that led to unrealized expectations. There is no question that the food was good. My salmon was well cooked and tasty. The best ever... hardly, but still very good. The same true with my wife bouillabaisse. If you are in the mood for solid french food, then go. Just don't expect Jean-Georges...
- Felt like I was in FranceFoodismylifeDined on 5/15/2014From the first step in the door you catch a whiff of delicious bread cooking and you know you are somewhere special. The bread is as good as baguettes I had in Paris. The Mimosa salad is delicious and a great starter to be followed by the very rich and delicious Boeuf Bourguignon. You will not need you knife as the meat is so tender and will melt in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recent visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Strange as it may sound, cheese plate - and there are some very good selections - is a great appetizer with cocktails. Excellent service, our waitress enjoyed and even seemed to participate in our family dynamic. We try to visit whenever we can - food and service always excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favoriteMaRKVIPDined on 4/27/2014In the highly competitive landscape for dining in Manchester, Vermont, we have a new place where we will be treated to a delightful,well seasoned, expertly cooked dish made with fresh ingredients and served attentively.Special Features:
- The following 165 reviews are from the Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence reviews archive.
- Fine French in the ForestBigMikeDined on 3/23/2014A wonderful dining experience in the foothills of the Green Mountains. We had a terrific dinner on Sunday evening. The skiers had gone and the place was quiet and relaxing (although the chairs are quite small for a Big Mike). The Escargot Bourguignon was excellent as was the Short Rib Boeuf Bourguignon. What would take this restaurant to another level would be a dessert soufflé. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.