Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence
1716 Depot Street
Manchester Center, VT 05255Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://brasserieloustau.com/
- Phone: (802) 768-8538
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30am - 3:00pm Monday, Thursday and Friday; Brunch: 11:30am - 3:00pm Saturday and Sunday; Dinner: Monday, Thursday and Friday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:30pm. Closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Vegetarian, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Dinners pairing wines from specific regions of France during 4-courses of refined brasserie cuisine.
A word from Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence
*** Voted 5th "Best French Restaurant in the U.S." by Travel+Leisure Magazine, August 2013!*** Brasserie L'Oustau brings a new American interpretation of classic French foods served at brasseries throughout Provence, an area of southern France famous for sun-kissed produce and seafood harvested fresh from the Mediterranean.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence - Best Restaurants in Manchester, VT ›
Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)special occasion (35)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (28)romantic (26)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (11)hot spot (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014We had a wonderful meal here last Saturday evening. The server was knowledgeable and helpful. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Service was perfectly paced. Would highly recommend this for a romantic evening or a night out with friends who appreciate good food!Special Features:
- Fantastique!2dinersVIPDined on 11/8/2014Excellent food and service! Enjoyed dinner for two on a Saturday evening, restaurant was fairly quiet when we arrived just before 7:00, but picked up quickly. My only complaint is that we were seated very close to another occupied table in a fairly empty restaurant...felt like we were joining their party :)Special Features:
- Excellent!RebelDeb22Dined on 11/8/2014This restaurant is one of the best! All of my meals here are fabulous and the staff is great. Wish I lived closer! A little taste of Paris in Manchester.Special Features:
- deepVIPDined on 11/7/2014Very good food-beef bourgouignane was delicious, as was the dessert. Prices may e a bit high given some of the competitors in the region, but with a warm atmosphere, would be a good place for a group of 4-6.Special Features:
- Must Do In Manchester!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/2/2014We were warmly greeted by owner, Michel and shown to a lovely table. Our server was very knowledgeable and answered many questions, she knew her menu! Professional, but not "stuffy". The wine list is well rounded, certainly something for everyone... We especially enjoyed the Moules Frites and Venison entree. Creme Brulee and Valrhona Pot de Creme for dessert, SUPERB! There is also a nice bar menu if you want something on the lighter side along with one of their specialty cocktails. Do yourself a favor and stop in for a wonderful evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceHamovVIPDined on 10/20/2014Was very pleased with our dining experience. There is something for everyone. I really enjoyed my chicken coq au vin but heard there was a vegetarian after we were about to leave. Would have loved to see what they offered. Would like to have seen a menu provided or part of the main menu. Would return.Special Features:
- Dinner for twowintersmindDined on 10/17/2014Nice restaurant. Food was solid, though not as special as the prices would suggest. Service was fine but a little cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was expecting a lot moreJeffVIPDined on 10/12/2014Went here for dinner this past Sunday night. Walked in,mentioned our reservation,and got seated right away,which I thought was great for a busy holiday weekend. That was the last highlight of the meal. 15 minutes later, a manager came over, noticed we hadn't been waited on yet, and went to fix it. 10 minutes later, a server finally arrived. He seemed to be rushed and didn't greet us, didn't tell us about the specials or apologize for being late. We ordered drinks and an appetizer, but the waiter seemed to want us to order everything all at once. We then ordered a bottle of wine and our entrees. We almost finished the wine before the food came out. The kicker, the table next to us came in later and finished before we got our entrees.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Great service, excellent food! Hands down, best restaurant in Manchester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice job on a busy nightCloserDined on 10/11/2014Went to this restaurant for the first time on Saturday of Columbus Day weekend. We got a lovely table at the end of the section so conversation was easy. They overbooked and the kitchen staff was overwhelmed but our waitress kept apologizing and let us know she hadn't forgotten about us. The food was spectacular and everything arrived hot and perfectly prepared. 2 of our party ordered the sea scallops and their dish was fantastic. I ordered the bouillabaisse. My dish was filled with seafood but the soup like base was only average. Great French onion soup, delicious profiteroles for dessert. Fairy priced. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive despite being tired due to the crowd. We would return when we visit this area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KringVIPDined on 10/11/2014Kitchen was a little slow, but all else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/11/2014Consistently good. We feel like we are in a FranceI would recommend this to a friend.
- DarwinDined on 10/10/2014Great service, wonderful food. Took our European friends. They loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Quite RightSteveDined on 10/10/2014Have had many meals here and always want it to be more! The food is good and the space is quite nice but the price is crazy for what you get.
- Expect French seating patternSpringsGuyVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food, which was very good to outstanding, was nearly overwhelmed by the Parisian seating. Meaning, the tables are only about 2 feet apart so private conversations are not to be expected. If that's not your concern, then go. Our venison was very tasty with a perfect sauce. Appetizers were even better! And the dessert size just what we needed to top off the meal. Another nice touch is they sell half glasses of wine, which worked well for us as we still had a drive to make after dinner. We arranged for 6:00 PM which turned out to be wise. By 6:30 many other tables filled, where we were seated. By 7:00 PM the entire restaurant was full. Skip your lunch that day, go early for very good food at a quieter, more private time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Webound a late reservation and everything was perfect. Great food, service, ambiance and wine. They don't Rush you out. A true European feel restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedfoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014We visited the area from New York expecting a good expecting a decent restaurant with average food. Instead we got very poor service, below average food and New York City prices. I guess one out of three isn't bad. Will never return again, dosent live up to the hipe
- some good, some not so goodcookslotsDined on 9/27/2014The bread was warm and delicious, served with delectable butter. My salad was a delicious balance of vinaigrette, diced hard boiled egg, asparagus, and soft lettuce. I was delighted that the entree of the evening was bouillabaisse, but was sadly disappointed when it arrived. It was seafood cooked on tomato puree, not the wine and buttery broth that I am accustomed to enjoying. The creme brûlée is brilliant and not to be missed. My husband's salmon was overcooked, but steak frites and the beef bourguignon were both well received by fellow diners. Enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Terrific ExperiencekcoveyDined on 9/13/2014This was our second time here. The first time we did lunch, and this time we did dinner. It was excellent start to finish. The beef tartare was so good I had to try the tuna tartar for my entree. Even the baby carrots side dish was worth getting a second order (which I did). My husband got the short rib, which he said was beyond excellent. We also tried the oysters, which were very nice. The pear martini was a delicious cocktail as well - very refreshing and light. All in all, a very enjoyable and solid experience - cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LetdownJacques2Dined on 9/11/2014While in a lovely location with friendly and efficient service we found the food experience somewhat lacking. The French onion soup we thought was a little too sweet for our liking. My wife ordered the steak which was perfectly cooked and quite tender but again lacked seasoning. The roast duck certainly looked appetizing however was under cooked (something you would not find at a French restaurant ) It was therefore difficult to eat and not at all enjoyable. But the frites were the highlight of the meal.Special Features:
- Delicious Evening!EllenVIPDined on 9/8/2014Having enjoyed our first visit, we recently returned for a second time. We were not disappointed. The food was outstanding as were the service and ambiance. Out waiter was very helpful in suggesting various dishes that he thought we would enjoy. He was right. Our meals were delicious. This has become our new favorite restaurantSpecial Features:
- who rated this?MariahVIPDined on 9/7/2014we tried this restaurant as it was given one of the top 10 french restaurants in us. who was bribed? frisee salad was old and soggy. mussels very good but not so unique as to be in the top. accompanying frites were refried or were just too soggy. service very adequate.
- Server Ruined AnniversaryVTEatersDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had eaten at Brasserie L'Oustau two weeks prior, and were given a gift card from our family for our 6th anniversary. We left sad, offended and rather angry at our server. Service was troublingly inconsistent, unprofessional, and extremely slow, and when I paid our check with the gift card, the server, annoyed, asked "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IS ON THE CARD?"-so I said "Yes"-she said "WELL, HOW MUCH IS ON IT?", and I said $200. When she returned, she sighed heavily and refused to let us keep our receipt which was also odd. This was made us feel terrible, as if we were thieves! When I mentioned that our experience was very poor to the woman at the podium, she said "I'm so sorry" but did not ask why. So we left, and will not return.
- Put the French in FriesSwellbelleDined on 8/30/2014The most delicious fries on this side of the Atlantic, mussels plump and superb, wait staff friendly, lovely clean rest room, owner very concerned that his patrons are satisfied, pleasing decor.Special Features:
- Wife's Birthday dinnergreatfoodloversDined on 8/27/2014This was our first time at this restaurant.The service, food, and drinks were excellent. The restaurant itself is beautiful. My wife was very pleased and now considers this restaurant one of our favorites. We will definitely be returing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, and very French.VTRoadtripperDined on 8/25/2014This pretty restaurant is in keeping with the welcomed trend of recreating the Parisian bistro experience in America. Lovely outdoor patio and a dressed up interior space. White tablecloth service, very professional wait staff. Everything on the plate was delicious, expertly prepared. We had tuna tartare, filet with Bernaise sauce, and roasted chicken au jus. One concern: the pricing reflects the fact that much of the clientele are moneyed tourists, wines have somewhat high mark-ups, but don't let this detour you.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodluvgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014The food and service were wonderful! The service was efficient and very pleasant. The best restaurant in the area. NYC restaurant equivalent!Special Features:
- A Gem in the middle of Ski countryAnnelizabethDined on 8/21/2014In the middle of ski country and outdoor attractions sits a delightful quiet gem for dining. Once inside their doors you feel you have been transported back to the countryside of France. The service is excellent. Their menu choices are true to the region. The kids have a very special menu which they will be delighted with. Vegetarians are not forgotten...they too have their own special menu. Take the time to visit .. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Dining ExperienceRonCDined on 8/13/2014The food and service was good as always. The warm french bread could be a meal in itself. I had the roasted lamb over white bean cassoule and a delicious ratatouille. The other entree, the Flat Iron Steak Frites was tough and sent it back for the Filet Mignon, which was delicious. Apologizing, the owner sent a complimentary glass of wine. In addition, he presented us with a glasses of Spanish Cava and a great Creme Brulee. This made for another wonderful evening here.Special Features:
- A fabulous FindTamrayVIPDined on 8/10/2014Everything was top notch. Ambience, food, service all aces. Every server and bus staff was energetic, cheerful, and timely in their service. Dishes prepared perfectly. Only regret was that we went on our last night on vacation and couldn't return for a secon visit. But we will. This is a class place.Special Features:
- Sure stop while visiting ManchesterOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2014First time there during a visit to the area, will come backSpecial Features:
- NYC French in Vt.68FulviaDined on 8/8/2014Very good French fare in Manchester Ctr. Vermont. While the name of the restaurant suggests a Southern France origine, the menu offer few if any trully Provencale dishes which is a bit disapointing. One had visions of ratatouille, bouillabaisse and anchouillade but no such offerings were available on the night we visited. The food is otherwise a cut above and prices are reasonable given the quality. Despite meticulous attention to details the decor is a bit modern/sterile but service was attentive and excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantShelly00Dined on 8/8/2014We recently spent a week in Vermont on vacation. We went to the Brasserie early in our stay and loved it so much we had to go back before we left. The service, food and atmosphere were all terrific. This is a restaurant that should not be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous French Find in Vermont!JSJSEGDined on 8/3/2014Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence is a restaurant you must go to. In terms of food, service, and ambiance, it ranks right up there with French Manhattan restaurants, as well as restaurants in St. Barth's! We were more than thrilled with our meal, and can't wait to go back. OMG, so good!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelDined on 7/31/2014Both times I dined at this restaurant the owner himself greeted me and showed me to my table. He must care about his clients and be proud of his restaurant. The restaurant is quite elegant; the service is good and the food is, for the mostpart, very savory. I had the venison which was very tasty and impressive. The cocktails are interesting and very well prepared. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding French bistro foodolsenDined on 7/28/2014This was our 2nd visit and we will surely come again. The restaurant serves an outstanding selection of French standards using local sourced ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 197 reviews are from the Brasserie L'Oustau de Provence reviews archive.
- Wonderful food and serviceErikDined on 7/23/2014This is the best restaurant in Manchester, VT. We have now eaten here several times have always had excellent food and service.Special Features:
- True French ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2014Great French classics, perfectly prepared. Service was impeccable. Quiet a find in the middle of ski country!Special Features:
- Worth a vist...BIllBDined on 7/19/2014Very thoughtful menu with plenty to cheer about. Nice, complete wine list. Great staff and management. A nice change of pace in a very competitive area. Bonne chance!!Special Features:
- Nice dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Great dinner and service! We had the prixe fix dinner and it was outstanding love the salmon and forbidden rice. Dont forget to leave room for dessert. The Creme brûlée and pot de valrhone were delish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.