Brasserie La Provence
3001 Central NE
Albuquerque, NM 87106Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Brasserie La Provence
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 5052547644
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday: 8:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Sunday 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wine
A word from Brasserie La Provence
We invite you to come experience Brasserie La Provence. With food to delight your palate, service to relax your stay and wine straight from France all designed to create a little piece of French countryside in Albuquerque.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie La Provence reviews from OpenTable diners
- comme ci, comme caBusterDined on 6/15/2013I had looked forward to a return trip to this restaurant having had several memorable meals there. This was also a special occasion and this was to be the cornerstone of a fine evening out. I must say I was disappointed on the whole. I can describe the meal only as "adequate" One entree was sent back to the kitchen because it was undercooked. The pomme puree accompanying the beef bourguignon was grumous There was also a decided lack of the bourguignon sauce rendering the dish more or less just roast beef. The waiter failed to comply with a request for additional bread when the meals arrived, a fact sadly reflected in his tip. In fairness, the soup was very good, however. I'll probably seek out another venue for such occasions.Special Features:
- Two of us ordered the sameCarolDined on 6/8/2013Two of us ordered the same dinner but there was definitely a difference in the portions. My husband ordered the chicken but didn't really care for it and will never order it again. The waiter was very good and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sunday BrunchDeeannaDined on 6/2/2013Located walking distance to Popejoy, this is a great place for Sunday brunch before a matinee. I enjoyed the basket of pastries brought to our table, and the Nicoise Salad - the tuna was cooked as ordered and the rest of the salad was fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought I was in France!!DallasFoodieVIPDined on 5/27/2013Superb food, great service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend French Onion SoupABQJOYDined on 5/26/2013Sunday brunch before AuxDog afternoon performance. French onion soup, which we have ordered on past visits, was again exceptional. Unusal crepe special was mushroom with strong seasonings served with equally strongly flavored aeoli sauce. It wasn't a pleasing presentation either. The creme brulee was smooth and delicious but served with cold burnt sugar. It was a beautiful day and most patrons were eating on the patio, so it was very quiet inside. Showing a ticket for the AuxDog performance, grants a 20% discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceNb123Dined on 5/23/2013From the moment we entered the door, we felt welcomed and appreciated. Our table was comfortable, our service was attentive and unobtrusive. The beef bourguignonne and mussels were our selected entrees, both satisfying and delicious. We will definitely return to experience other entrees, and enjoy the outside dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RefreshOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/20/2013Great food. The decor needs updating; Some fresh paint to get oil and spots off walls, Replace fabric flowers often. Clean blinds.Special Features:
- Friendly and funWendeeDined on 5/16/2013We brought out of town guests here and ate on the smoke free patio. We had several courses and lingered over our meal. The service was excellent, never rushed us but didn't forget about us either, keeping water and iced tea glasses topped off. The food was very good, including mussels, lamb, and chicken. A Overall, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While good, it used to beCLJAKOVIPDined on 5/14/2013While good, it used to be a great French bistro. Not sure if they have new owners -- but, the quality has slipped a bit.
- Oddly UnevenPikiPikiVIPDined on 5/11/2013Fun place to go, and the food is usually good. However, my friend ordered a filet mignon special medium rare and got it slightly on the wrong side of medium. Sent it back, and got another one that was better, but still no red to be found. Maybe a bit too much complacency creeping into the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think this restaurant changedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013I think this restaurant changed owners at some point. The food is ok, but nothing special, compared to the previous incarnation, which was excellent. There's no reason to go to La Provence all the way from the West Side anymore.
- Great food & service. WasDuanejtDined on 4/7/2013Great food & service. Was there for brunch and actually was able to order something off their regular menu!Very accommodating.Special Features:
- Overall, I was not impressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2013Overall, I was not impressed. The menu was pretty ordinary and the flavors and overall taste of the food was just okay. The bread was very unimpressive...the baguette was far from it. The food wasn't bad just ordinary. The halibut on the special was quite flavorful and very fresh. Preparation was ordinary.
- Great place, but beware of holidaysJWCarrDined on 2/14/2013The evening and service were great -- with a few surprises. When I made the reservation for our Valentine Day/Anniversary, I was not made aware that they were serving a limited menu that night. The food was good, but my wife & I don't usually like seafood or duck. That's about all there was to choose from. I had reviewed the menu before making the reservation, and I saw several things that would have made fantastic meals for us. However, they were not available due to the holiday. I will saw that the trout and flounder were both tasty, it's not what I had envisioned for our special evening. I would still recommend Brasserie La Provence simply for the friendly service, and most likely, amazing food.Special Features:
- Good food, great service ****dinnerTutDined on 2/9/2013Very nice lamb shank, wife had a veggie plate, generous portions. Wine Steward brought the perfect pair for the lamb, I trust him 100%. Eaten there several times now, consistent food and service. Place is spare in its accoutrements, gets loud quickly and parking isn't the easiest, but for french cuisine this is the best option in Albuquerque.Special Features:
- This is worth our 24 mileOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2013This is worth our 24 mile drive to this restaurant!Special Features:
- French food...apikorosDined on 1/27/2013… and very good, at that. Service also was excellent.Special Features:
- First visit to Brasserie LabirthdaybunchDined on 1/27/2013First visit to Brasserie La Provence. All the members of my group (there were five of us)enjoyed our experience at the restaurant. The food was very good, the atmosphere was nice and comfortable. Bottom line-we will come back. Thanks.Special Features:
- Consistently good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2013Very consistent good food. Not for foodies who want trendy food though. Service is competent and not overbearing. Wine list is decent, though would expect a more continental attitude from a European-themed restaurant with a European chef: more offerings with less mark-up. Overall, always a good experience. We go there regularly.Special Features:
- As usual a delightful evening.ABQannDined on 1/19/2013As usual a delightful evening. The food is superb. Always a great evening.Special Features:
- Solid evening, room for improvementHappyDinerVIPDined on 1/19/2013Friends and I dined at Brasserie La Provence on 1.22.13. We opened the evening with a shrimp cocktail appetizer, it was not the best: the presentation was sloppy and the shrimp were only okay, the cocktail sauce was very good, but the appetizer would have been better served with some cruched ice, greenery and a bit of seasoning on the shrimp. I chose the French Onion Soup and for my money, noone does it better than here! The other diners both had the Chicken Cordon Bleu and seemed to enjoy it immensely. The server seemed a bit harried, it was a busy night after all, but she would disappear and when she returned did not clear the empty dishes from the table.She did this several times. For all that she was solicitous, just not exemplary.Special Features:
- Not the quality I've experiencedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2013Not the quality I've experienced before now--very disappointing and EXTREMELY overpriced. I paid $24 for a piece of fish the size of my iphone, plus a couple of chincy potatoes. Total ripoff this time. Won't be back soon.
- We enjoyed a dinner with friends,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2013We enjoyed a dinner with friends, and celebrated a birthday there. The food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Went for New Years. The menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012Went for New Years. The menu was a $55 per plate deal. Nothing to rant about. The food and service were lacking and the overall price was expensive for what you received.
- Holiday OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2012We dined on Christmas Eve when their special Christmas Dinner was available. The Christmas Duck and Rack of Lamb were delicious. However, our server seemed a little overwhelmed. He forgot the spoon with the French Onion Soup and didn't bring a steak knife with the Rack of Lamb. These were the only negatives to an otherwise incredible meal. We look forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- EhhLEV2008Dined on 12/21/2012Food quality didn't quite match the price. Atmosphere was a bit dreary but the service was excellent.Special Features:
- This is the 3rd time we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012This is the 3rd time we have dined at La Provence and each time was wonderful! We will definitely dine there again and wholeheartedly recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- French bread which was saltDanielDined on 11/2/2012French bread which was salt free was disappointing.French onion soup was more cheese than soup. Burgundy beef was good.Special Features:
- My husband and I had dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012My husband and I had dinner here for the second time (after the first time was SO amazing!), and we really enjoyed ourselves. It was a Friday night, and the restaurant was super busy. Even with a reservation, it took about 20 minutes to get seated. Our table was tiny, wobbly, and for some reason the area we were seated in was really chilly. Fortunately, the food is absolute perfection, and it made all of those grievances worth the trip. It was my second time ordering the Moules Frites-- mussels with parmesan truffle fries. The dish is to die for. I was nervous about getting it a second time, wondering if it would be as good as the first time (as sea food in NM doesn't have the best reputation), but it was another home run!! So delicious.Special Features:
- Amazing food, but very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2012Amazing food, but very slow and un-attentive service.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Horrible service - it took 20 minutes to have bread brought to the table, we had to asked for water three times, the food took over an hour to be served and I asked for a glass of wine and waited for 15 minutes. I finally went to the bar and requested a glass of wine. Absolutely horrible service, it was definitely not worth stopping by.Special Features:
- We enjoyed a lovely SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2012We enjoyed a lovely Sunday brunch on the patio-delicious food and attentive service. We are looking forward to returning for dinner.Special Features:
- Great dinner as usual. TheMaribethDined on 10/6/2012Great dinner as usual. The service was attentive but not overdone. The food was outstanding. The lamb shank my husband had fell off the bone and was flavorful and filling. The chateaubriand my daughter and I had was perfectly cooked to medium rare and carved tableside. The accompanying vegetables were done tender crisp just the way they should be and the sauce was divine. Thank you for a great evening and also for inquiring about whether we were going to a show so you could be aware of the time.Special Features:
- Off Night in the Kitchen?NMjourneysDined on 10/5/2012We've dined here many times but Friday night was definitely an off night for someone. We both had the special, which was crab stuffed salmon. It was served to us skin side up, not stuffing side up. After removing the skin, we lost all of the sauce and had to turn it over to find the crab stuffing! The rice pilaf was tasty but was barely warm and not quite at room temp. Ordered carrot cake for desert. Loved the cake but it was cold, like it was fresh out of the fridge. Not up to par on this visit.
- Very Good French FareOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2012Brasserie La Provence is one of the consistently good restaurants in Albuquerque. The food is French yet not too intimidating. Service has always been stellar in my experience, and a number of servers are fairly knowledgable regarding the exceptional wine list. The atmosphere is what I would call "upscale casual". On the night we attended, we started the meal with Escargot and Crab Cakes. Both dishes were good, but the crab cakes were exceptional. For entrees we had Veal Oscar and Beef Bourguignon, of which the Veal was the more exceptional dish, although both were very good. My only caveat is that the chef is a bit light on the salt. A simple dash of salt added to ALL of the dishes would have improved their taste.Special Features:
- I was looking forward to lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012I was looking forward to lunch at La Provence but felt extremely let down! The noise level was high even though the restaurant was not crowded at 1:00 PM. The table was very small and difficult for service for four. The hostess seated us and took our drink order but a considerable amount of time passed before it was delivered. Service was extremely slow (taking the order, delivering the food, etc). We actually had to summon someone to request coffee. The quiche my friends ordered was flavorful and good. I ordered the mahi mahi which was a disappointment. However, veggies were fresh and flavorful, very tasty, nicely done. Hopefully our service was not the usual at La Provence. We felt as if no one cared we were there or ever came back.
- It was weird how empty theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2012It was weird how empty the restaurant was at 6:30, but the food was as good as ever.Special Features:
- I have eaten at many FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012I have eaten at many French restaurants over the course of 3 decades, and I can say that I have found the food at Brasserie La Provence to be very good. The server was wonderful and we shall eat there again soon. Also, the staff was friendly and we were very pleased with the nice environment. This restaurant is highly recommended.Special Features:
- Good food. Honest pricing.LaLaDined on 8/13/2012Good food. Honest pricing. I had the chicken cordon bleu. It was good--traditionally cooked. Others in our party had coq au vin and beef bourguignon. Both were predictable and yummy. Would return if I wanted traditional French cuisine at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- An unexpected surprise. NeverNorthstarDined on 8/6/2012An unexpected surprise. Never having been to Albuquerque before, this pick was pretty much a luck of the draw after perusing the Open Table web site. Turned out to be almost the best meal of a 17 day trip, which included some highly regarded, but not well deserved, Santa Fe and Taos restaurants. Wish I had more excuses to return here.Special Features: