Brasserie Jo - Boston
120 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Brasserie Jo - Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brasseriejo.com/
- Phone: (617) 425-3240
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Bar: Sunday: 10am - 1am, Monday - Wednesday: 8:00am - 1:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 8:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Nicholas Calias
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Salon Privé, the private dining room in Brasserie JO, is an elegant choice for your next social gathering or business dinner. Appointed in the same rich cherry wood and marble as the main dining room, the walls are decorated with vintage French posters, giving it an unusually exuberant air without the stuffiness of an ordinary banquet space.
A word from Brasserie Jo - Boston
Internationally renowned chef Jean Joho presents Brasserie Jo, Boston's only authentic French Brasserie. Joho's extensive menu features simply prepared light offerings, entrees and desserts that incorporate Alsace and other regional French influences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie Jo - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (56)special occasion (55)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (32)great for brunch (31)romantic (26)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (20)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Always enjoy dining at BrasserieOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2008Always enjoy dining at Brasserie Jo. Hangar steak (with "Classic Steak Frites") was disappointing. Seems the restaurant substituted size (actually, too large) for quality.Special Features:
- Very nice food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/18/2008Very nice food and good service but the noise level makes it hard to converse with dining partners!Special Features:
- Service was slow and inconsistent.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/17/2008Service was slow and inconsistent. Waited 45 minutes after being seated at the table before drink order arrived, waiter came over three times to say he would be right back to take our order. Constant draft from door to outdoor dining created an uncomfortable temperature, too cold to dine outside, but service staff used outside table for service station although no one seated outside. Food was excellent, but other two factors detracted from overall experience.Special Features:
- Food was mediocre. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/17/2008Food was mediocre. Service was extremely slow. 90 minutes to receive entrees.Some items were cold. Much better dining in Boston then this establishment.
- Food portions were modestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008Food portions were modest and left us feeling satisfied. Dessert portions were large and very delicious! We got free desserts because we had tickets to the Huntington Theater, so that was a nice treat. Overall a nice experience, but nothing AMAZING.Special Features:
- Service was not good at allOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2008Service was not good at all for a fancy restaurant. They never checked up on us, they didn't clear our table when they brought the entrees - they just shoved the entrees on the table and left. The person I was dining with did not receive the lobster "crackers" when she ordered lobster. The restaurant wasn't totally full house, so there is no excuse that the restaurant is too busy--maybe understaffed. All in all, the food was decent, but the service definitely needs work.Special Features:
- Delicious food and wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2008Delicious food and wonderful service. What more could one ask?!Special Features:
- Although the dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2008Although the dining experience was great, the tables are so close together and poorly positioned that both my guest and I were bumped on more than one occassion by staff or other patrons.Special Features:
- They make a mean martini atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/14/2008They make a mean martini at Brasserie Jo! The only complaint I have is our waiter was a particularly ornery, French waiter. He seemed to think it beneath him to answer questions about the menu.
- We had wonderful oysters,OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/11/2008We had wonderful oysters, much better than in Legal Seafood restaurant that paired well with Muscadet wine that the waiter kept ice cold for us. We also had a tarte flambe and an onion tarte, both tasty and of high quality. The overall experience was very good. This was not our first dining at this restaurant, we like to stop by before or after the concert at the Symphony. And we love Brasserie Joe's martinis - best quality in town.Special Features:
- I have been to Brasserie Jo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2008I have been to Brasserie Jo's quite often over the last few years. I found the hostess to be quite cold, and unfriendly, compared to our waiter who was warm, and sincere. The food was a mixed review. The food runners, had orders mixed up, and forgot to bring things, and did not reset the table, and we had to wait for our eating utensils. The food runners, also brought coffee's to the wrong tables, twice. When we left , no one thanked us for coming in. I would say the atmosphere is on the cold side, and not very inviting. Since the last time we ate at Brasserie Jo's, I feel something has changed, and not in a good way.Special Features:
- I requested a table window,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/11/2008I requested a table window, but was seated in the section farthest from the window...Special Features:
- Very disappointed. We wentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2008Very disappointed. We went for a Mother's Day brunch. First, the website shows a breakfast menu and a brunch menu (http://www.colonnadehotel.com/i/downloads/brasseriejobrunch.pdf ). However, when we arrived on Sunday at 11am, we found there was no brunch, only breakfast. We drove a LONG way for a $57 bill for what was french toast and a waffle. Second, we purchased gift cards to be used at Brasserie Jo, only to find out they are only valid at the Chicago location and are not valid at the Boston location. On the plus side, the waitress was pleasant and the hostess gave a small plant to my wife along with the other moms there.
- We were there for an earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2008We were there for an early Sunday morning breakfast. It was peaceful, quiet and the food and service were impeccable. I would try it for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- We have dined many times atOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2008We have dined many times at Brasserie Jo and always enjoyed the food and service. It was a special occasion and it was made more special by the good service and well-prepared meals. There are occasional special promotions that are always a draw.Special Features:
- This was the first place whereOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/10/2008This was the first place where I ever had lamb and enjoyed it. Items on the menu are really hit or miss; the shrimp bag is a definite hit, the rack of lamb was not bad, the salad with tuna is like a jumbo chef salad (tasty though), the tarte flambee are a poor man's pizza at $9. For dessert, the profiteroles are decadent, the bread pudding is good except for dried apricots which made the texture somewhat strange, and the creme brulee was the eggiest I've ever had (a no-no). Our waiter looked like he was annoyed at us the entire time, wasn't sure if it was because we looked young (8 med students) or he was just being austere. Go if you would like to impress a date (who isn't vegetarian), but only if you know what's really good here.Special Features:
- Both the food and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/10/2008Both the food and the service were better than the last time we dined here. The food presentations could be improved by adding some vegetables to the plates.
- I didn't appreciate the factOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/10/2008I didn't appreciate the fact that the waiter treated us differently based on our appearance. The table next to us sat down 15 minutes after us and received their food 10 minutes before us. Also their table and others around us received better service. By better service I mean, the waiter was not personable, did not ask if our food was good or not, did not ask if we needed anything else, etc. Again, great food, my rack of lamb was masterfully prepared and done so was the swordfish. However, the waiter shouldn't have assumed that I wouldn't given him more than 20% if his service was slightly better than "poor". And by the way, my girlfriend and I were dressed approriately (business casual). Such a shame I'm not going back, I loved the food...
- Food was excellent, particularlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2008Food was excellent, particularly the Chocolate Mousse and the profiteroles for dessert. Although this is not particularly a family restaurant the staff was very accomodating to our party which included a 3 month old.Special Features:
- Thank you for a lovely brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2008Thank you for a lovely brunch as an early Mother's Day treat. It was a great way for us to visit, and everyone enjoyed the food, wine and champagne!Special Features:
- We have been there before,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2008We have been there before, the food and service were very good. However, we found that the table that we were seated at was too close to other tables. We would have preferred a more private table, we could barely hear each other.
- Currently, there is a "10OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/8/2008Currently, there is a "10 year anniversary" promotion going on. The selection was quite impressive and the food was delicious. The wait staff was magnificent. Before you could utter the words, " excuse me, may I..." someone was at your table clearing plates, refreshing beverages or bringing your next course.Special Features:
- We were upset that the threeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/8/2008We were upset that the three best special entrees (our top three choices) were all sold out despite it only being about 7pm. We also had a very poor experience with ordering at the bar: our appetizers took 40 minutes to come out (we were at our table by then) but one was missing. Apparently the chef lost the ticket. We had to get up to go back to the bar to remind the bartender about the missing appetizer (not once, but twice) before we got it.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in town.....neverOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/8/2008Best Brunch in town.....never a wait, always a parking spot outside and you can't go wrong with the steak tartare, frisse salad and a bottle of pinot noir...a must.Special Features:
- Three of us from work wentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/8/2008Three of us from work went to Brasserie Jo's for lunch. We really had a lovely time. I would have rated the food higher above but I ordered the wrong thing. What I had was very well prepared but just not to my personal taste. The staff are very nice at the restaurant and we will certainly go there again.Special Features:
- We had a great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/7/2008We had a great dining experience at Brasserie Jo before going to the Boston Pops. We had an extremely great time with our wonderful waiter. And the food was oh la la!Special Features:
- Very good before and afterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2008Very good before and after Symphony Hall and Jordan Hall events. Welcoming atmosphere. Brunch menu is a bargain. Very good bartenders
- Couldn't have been more pleased.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2008Couldn't have been more pleased. The food is well worth the price and the waiters were very friendly and made excellent recommendations.Special Features:
- I had the mussels, which wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2008I had the mussels, which were tasty thanks to a delicious lemony sauce, but the french fries weren't very hot when they got to me. They were still tasty, just not as piping hot as I would have preferred.Special Features:
- They were celebrating theirOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/2/2008They were celebrating their 10th anniversary and had $10 specials that were delicious and VERY affordable. They had live music that night for their celebration. It was way too loud, but the management immediately had it toned down when we commented on the noise. The service has always been efficient, professional and courteous and we were not disappointed. Brasserie Jo is a great restaurant for a nice night out without the huge tab.Special Features:
- Always enjoy my meal/experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/1/2008Always enjoy my meal/experience there. Haven't been in a while and, as it turns out, did not disappoint. It just seems very loud - so the server should be clear and loud when speaking.Special Features:
- An authentic French bistro.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/1/2008An authentic French bistro. Don't miss the onion tart or the profiteroles.Special Features:
- Brasserie Jo had been oneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/1/2008Brasserie Jo had been one of my favorite restaurants in Boston. I was ecstatic to celebrate with its 10th year anniversary month. I was planning on visiting multiple times per week to try out all the exciting offerings! I went in on a Thursday evening and not only that 1$ bar menu was ridiculous (the restaurant should just increase the price and serve bigger portion), the server was extremely rude and NEVER came to check us at the table. I was so disappointed. I've been a loyal regular and wanted to introduce BJ to friends but my friends definitely were not impressed.
- Very good and attentive service--wiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/30/2008Very good and attentive service--without being oppressive. The salmon with braised leeks dish was outstanding.
- Our experience was favorableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2008Our experience was favorable from the moment we walked in and were greeted by the maitre d'. We've never been disappointed when we were there in the past and we were not disappointed this time. We will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Service improved tremendouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/27/2008Service improved tremendously since the last time I was here. Previously, there never seemed to be enough wait staff, but this visit there were plenty and they were very attentive. In addition, our waitress pointed out a significant accidental overpayment of the bill - very impressive and appreciated.Special Features:
- Very predictable, always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2008Very predictable, always good French bistro food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Most enjoyable evening. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2008Most enjoyable evening. Food was terrific, and our waiter was excellent and very attentive.
- As a Brit who travelled aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/22/2008As a Brit who travelled a lot in Europe before moving to the US, I always enjoy Brasserie Jo. It's the most authentic French food in Boston. The classic steak frites is just that – perfect Parisian dish. The Coq au Vin is excellent. I have never had a dish I didn’t enjoy. The chocolate mousse is out of this world – and the presentation is a joy to watch – but order one with extra spoons. One very light word of warning – it can be a bit loud in the evening – but that is a small price to pay for such great food. The wine list is good too, and the staff are helpful.Special Features:
- The profiteroles were ridiculousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2008The profiteroles were ridiculous and quite tasty. Overall it was probably a 3.5 and I'd definitely go back.Special Features: