Brasserie Du Vin
1115 Bethel St
Honolulu, HI 96813Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Brasserie Du Vin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserieduvin.com/
- Phone: (808) 545-1115
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday Brunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Chef Marco Elder
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Standing cocktail and appetizer menus, along with sit-down dinners, with and without wine developed for each group.
- Private Party Facilities: The Cask Room, a quaint, air conditioned semi private room is available for private events. Standing receptions for 30 guests, 16 for sit down dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Leilani Stein 8085451115
- Entertainment: Wednesdays at 7pm - Live jazz (Free)
Saturday at 10pm - Late night lounge with easy listening Euro Lounge music and special late night food and drink specials (Free)
- Special Events: Monthly wine events and beer dinners. 3rd Saturday of each month is Saturday Soiree, where we celebrate all things French, with featured wines, entrees and desserts,
A word from Brasserie Du Vin
Inspired by the unpretentious restaurants and bars found in France that serve hearty food and drink. Featuring French-inspired soups, salads, appetizers, entrees and dessert, with fresh, local products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Brasserie Du Vin - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Brasserie Du Vin reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (28)great for outdoor dining (26)romantic (26)notable wine list (22)good for groups (21)great for lunch (14)special occasion (14)late-night find (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Restaurant Week DinnerJKYMililaniDined on 11/23/2014The menu for the recent Restaurant Week was very good for our party, with a (different) choice for everyone, unlike other places that had one set menu with no choices. All dishes were very good, in appropriate portions. Draft beer was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantmauigirlVIPDined on 11/23/2014First time eating here and was very impressed with ambiance, food & service. Will definately return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunshinesunshineDined on 11/22/2014Food is fantastic, great appetizers, margaritas the best. Entrée portion very little food--similar to La Mer and other fine dining restaurants without the fine dining ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Food used to be better as well as the service. Probably crowded with a night time event across the street. Mussels dish "moules frites" was what i used to come here for but now i don't even chance it. Bad tasting mussel does little to impress out of town guests.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekHeatherDined on 11/20/2014Tried this place for the first time with my boyfriend and we really enjoyed the food and staff. The restaurant is a lovely Italian place in the middle of China Town. Chose the prefix menu for the night and looking forward to coming back. Thanks for advertising your restaurant, would have never tried it if it wasn't for Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friends and I enjoyed it very much.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Food and wine were awesome, I will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute place, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014I liked the ambience at this restaraunt. Not too noisy, had an array of different people. The food was good. I liked their menu for Restaraunt Week. Good price, good quality. The service was, ok. The waitress that waited on us was nice, but could have been more attentive. We waited a bit too long for things. Especially our bill. I would go back though. Other wait help that brought our food to the table, were awesome. Very friendly and enthusiastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & service could use more attention to detailOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Went during restaurant week and food came out very slow. Servers always had to asked to fill our water and get more bread.Special Features:
- Good food, good findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014Returned here after dining about six months ago. This time we were in time for happy hour deals. The food was delicious as usual - butternut squash soup, mushroom cargot, and mussels, my wife also ordered the oysters on a half shell and loved it. The only criticism would be the flourless chocolate cake wasn't what you would expect at all. It was more like a rich thick brownie than a light chocolate dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient LocationfoodieinparadiseDined on 11/1/2014Attended a concert at the Hawaii Theatre. The restaurant's location across from the theatre makes it easy to get dinner before the concert. Waited longer than expected for our dinner. The food was just okay, service was just okay too with the exception of a waitress we knew from another establishment who always made sure we had what we needed. She was not our waitress. The staff seemed overwhelmed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRE BALLET DININGDaisy18Dined on 10/25/2014We, along with all the other patrons, arrived early to enjoy a sumptuous meal before the Ballet. The place was jammed both inside and patio and bar. The menu is limited, but should provide a delicious choice for anyone. I had the "island fish" special and must say I was not disappointed. Every bit on the plate was unique (compared to most restaurants) and delicious. The best part to me was the appetizer, Baked Brie. WOW! I ate the whole thing...it presented in a very light pastry and includes dates and cranberries. Absolutely making the trip. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Quality has changedhawaiigirlsnightout123Dined on 10/24/2014I have eaten here more that 20 times and the food was always great. we had 10 people and NOONE liked their meal. It did not match the description on the menu, it was not tasty as usual. we were all very disappointed as this is one of our favorite spots and it was a special occasion. maybe if was chefs night off?Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gemwinelover808Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent food, cozy & romantic atmosphere, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret?AndyDined on 10/4/2014I had seen this restaurant on open table a few times, finally decided it was time to try it. Let me tell you,mi was nothing short of amazed. The service was outstanding, the food left me speechless. Had the best french onion soup I've ever had and their baked Brie for the appetizers. Dinner, their seared scallops were done to perfection and it just kept getting better. The only downside for me was being seated at the entrance, I was hoping for a table in the back with the high ceilings and European feel. I will say though e one down side for me was the pop music playing.Special Features:
- KonagirlDined on 9/30/2014Enjoyed food & service but we were uncomfortable since it was a hot & muggy day. The restaurant is open air & there was no air conditioning. We would return during a cooler time of the year.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014This was my third visit to Brasserie Du Vin (over a span of two years) and while I have enjoyed the food (Brie appetizer, fresh oysters) and the service (Matt from Jersey was great) the dining room/outside patio truly lacks ambience. It is uncomfortably warm no matter where you are seated and it makes for an exceedingly unpleasant dining experience.
- One of my favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014This is one of my favorite meeting places for business or for after work pupus or dinner. The wine is excellent, the food is great and the service is very attentive. Love the atmosphere and have used the back room for several work parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of potential, poor executionChomperDined on 9/11/2014The menu description did not match what we got (i.e. the steak was supposed to come with a twice-baked potato and polenta, but no polenta and it came with roasted mini-potatoes). These were delivered with no explanation or apology. Some dishes were good, like the steak and the baked brie, but the scallops were too salty for my wife to eat (missing the kumquat chutney listed on the menu, which the waitress said were out of season when we asked). The waitress didn't know anything about the specials or weekly special (it was caviar night, and she couldn't say what kind of caviar they served). The most egregious issue was that the champagne was not chilled and needed to be iced for 20 min to drink. Service started slow but did pick up.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperiencetheMalDined on 9/10/2014I've been here several times, and I'm never disappointed. Excellent food, excellent wine, and excellent environment. Staff are very knowledgeable about wine and food, and the sommelier is always ready to come discuss wine with you. Great place for special occasions or just to have an awesome meal.Special Features:
- A Positive Dining ExperiencePepitoDined on 9/8/2014The last time I ate at Brasserie was 2 or so years ago, so I read the reviews first which were mixed, so was a bit apprehensive, but made reservations anyway as I really wanted to have moules frites with a glass of Proscecco again. I certainly was not disappointed! The garden seating was as "Frenchy" as usual and the service excellent. My dining companion had the scallops with risotto which was tasty, however it was disappointing that there were only 3 scallops and too much watery risotto. I would expect there to be more scallops and less rice as it would be in another upscale restaurant. But, for the moderate price the overall food is quite good. The "caesar salad" was excellent and generous enough to share with 2 or 3 diners.Special Features:
- Not really what I expectedccccDined on 9/6/2014I ordered the Duck Breast. My plate consisted of the duck breast over a rice variety. According to the menu comes with orzo pasta tabouleh, sautéed spinach and orange gastrique. Also the duck wasn't cooked evenly so parts of it were way too rare. Duck breast is one of my favorite dishes, so this was really a disappointment. Desert was ok. The tarte tatin with caramelized apples over crispy pastry, cinnamon gelato ala mode and creme anglaise. There was no pastry, just tiny remanents of if on the bottom! So tiny that I probably got one bite that had some sort of pastry in it. The gelato and creme anglaise were good. I will probably never go back.Special Features:
- Bad Wait help serviceOverlookedDined on 9/5/2014Our Server took my dinner order and completely ignored my friends turn to order and walked off. When she came back, u mentioned she forgot my friends order, no apology was offered just went straight to taking her order. When the food finally arrived the Pork entree was so salty I could not eat it. She explained they bribe it to make it tender. Too salty!Special Features:
- desappointingfredVIPDined on 8/27/2014A great wine list, excellent charcuterie but menu disappointing, Boullabaise really bad and very limited choice They need to improve....Special Features:
- Great restaurantFoodie808Dined on 8/25/2014With both indoor and outdoor seating, this restaurant has an extensive menu and a full bar. Service was quick and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceIliketoeatDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant is stunning. It's beautiful inside with all it's great antiques. Outside is just as beautiful- makes you feel like you aren't even in the middle of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine barjasonDined on 8/20/2014Jazz night was excellent, wine options good. Oysters good but priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing and quiet restaurantShaneDined on 8/14/2014The service was amazing and the food incredible. We have been here for the last two years and this is the best restaurant yet. Such a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Confit was a bit dry and did not have a crispy skin. Beans were a bit salty. Fish and chips too salty. Souffle was not chocolate-y and very eggy on the bottom. Pear salad and duck breastfeeding were excellent. Beet salad alo very good, if you like beets and goat cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 377 reviews are from the Brasserie Du Vin reviews archive.
- Good for a French FixOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/25/2014Brasserie du Vin is a great place to get a great French bistro meal, and close-to-France baguettes! The outdoor garden dining is pleasant, although the chairs are a little uncomfortable. A light fan breeze out there might be nice too, but it's cozy and sweet. Food is predictably yummy.Special Features:
- Awesome Apps!jkatDined on 7/23/2014We had the most wonderful time building a dinner with a variety of appetizers. Fresh, tasty seafood (lobster tail, shrimp cocktail, king crab legs), escargot, caprese bruschetta and French onion soup served by an engaging service team. We will need to return soon to have a couple of entrees and dessert. Previous visit for lunch was awesome with a variety of gourmet burgers, salads and signature French onion soup.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This was my first time and i will definately return. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- First-time dining heretmacbyamaDined on 7/5/2014The evening outdoor dining experience was very romantic and memorable. The soft live music, candle lit table with the drapes of lights above us created a memorable moment for my boyfriend and I. The blueberry sauce on the lamb chop dish was mouthwatering, and paired perfectly with the listed Gamay. My boyfriend can’t stop talking about his rib-eye steak dish, as well. We also loved the escargot and chocolate soufflé. The service was better than most places in Honolulu in terms of friendliness and professionalism, however, at times it seemed a bit stressed and sometimes forgetful.Special Features:
- Happy Hour at Du Vin is a winner!HIfoodieVIPDined on 6/30/2014Great menu choices - delicious food! Perfect for after work relaxing with friends, co-workers, significant others. We enjoyed both beef and chicken sliders, cheese platter and mushroom escargot. And don't forget the French fries - we're French fry connoisseurs and Du Vins are top of the list! Highly recommend checking out Du Vin's happy hour.Special Features:
- Urine smellNotveryhappyDined on 6/30/2014As we enter the restaurant a not so clean homeless person was making her way out, of course we were shocked and puzzled. We sat outdoor in the passage and there was a very strong smell of urine around.... We were inviting 2 of our bankers, so we felt awful about this, but politely enough no one mentioned a thing.... The food was alright, a little eensive for the quality and very minuscule serving of the "so called" Boullabaisse....they did not have a cracker or any other instrument to dig the mean out of the legs of the crab!.....it was a nice place a few years ago but it is changing in a negative way.......this was definitely our last time......Special Features:
- not good before the theatreeatingoutisfunDined on 6/28/2014Terrible service. We had a group of 9, and arrived at 5:30pm for our reservation. Everything was slow and we were almost late for our show at the Hawaii Theatre, just across the street. Waitress was snobby.
- officepalsDined on 6/28/2014Our group had a great time at Du Vin for a light lunch on Saturday. Lots of ooohs and ahhhs for the baked brie, the clam chowder, the eggs Benedict, and the portabello sandwich. Friends, friendly atmosphere, comfortable surroundings - it was fun. We will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient dining for HI TheatreV123VIPDined on 6/27/2014It gets crowded and noisy. The outside tables remain heated and close quarters. The staff do their best to serve and be polite but the number of people and square footage can only allow for so less pleasant ambience. The food is good but the tables are so small to hold the tapas
- Ok Fooddyuen34VIPDined on 6/25/2014So went here last night. The place is pretty nice but they have no parking so you must find street parking or park in an over-priced lot in Chinatown. The service is very good. The oysters were fresh and tasty. The soup of the day was spot on. The blue cheese mushroom cargot was very good. Everything else was kind of mediocre. The proscuitto crostini was dry and bland. The crab cakes needed more crab in it. And the bruschetta with mozzarella and tomato was average. The place is pretty good, but they need to improve on the food.Special Features:
- outstandingjroushVIPDined on 6/21/2014As in the past 10 visits this restaurant is second to none in regards to food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jetlaggedVIPDined on 6/21/2014Due to the lack of patrons and the exorbitant wine prices and limited menu, we opted not to dine here at all.Special Features: