Brasserie Du Vin
1115 Bethel St
Honolulu, HI 96813Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Brasserie Du Vin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserieduvin.com/
- Phone: 8085451115
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday Brunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Chef Marco Elder
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Standing cocktail and appetizer menus, along with sit-down dinners, with and without wine developed for each group.
- Private Party Facilities: The Cask Room, a quaint, air conditioned semi private room is available for private events. Standing receptions for 30 guests, 16 for sit down dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Leilani Stein 8085451115
- Entertainment: Wednesdays at 7pm - Live jazz (Free)
Saturday at 10pm - Late night lounge with easy listening Euro Lounge music and special late night food and drink specials (Free)
- Special Events: Monthly wine events and beer dinners. 3rd Saturday of each month is Saturday Soiree, where we celebrate all things French, with featured wines, entrees and desserts,
A word from Brasserie Du Vin
Inspired by the unpretentious restaurants and bars found in France that serve hearty food and drink. Featuring French-inspired soups, salads, appetizers, entrees and dessert, with fresh, local products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie Du Vin reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (37)great for lunch (34)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (29)romantic (28)special occasion (23)notable wine list (22)good for groups (17)great for brunch (15)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- desappointingfredVIPDined on 8/27/2014A great wine list, excellent charcuterie but menu disappointing, Boullabaise really bad and very limited choice They need to improve....Special Features:
- Great restaurantFoodie808Dined on 8/25/2014With both indoor and outdoor seating, this restaurant has an extensive menu and a full bar. Service was quick and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceIliketoeatDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant is stunning. It's beautiful inside with all it's great antiques. Outside is just as beautiful- makes you feel like you aren't even in the middle of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine barjasonDined on 8/20/2014Jazz night was excellent, wine options good. Oysters good but priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing and quiet restaurantShaneDined on 8/14/2014The service was amazing and the food incredible. We have been here for the last two years and this is the best restaurant yet. Such a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Confit was a bit dry and did not have a crispy skin. Beans were a bit salty. Fish and chips too salty. Souffle was not chocolate-y and very eggy on the bottom. Pear salad and duck breastfeeding were excellent. Beet salad alo very good, if you like beets and goat cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a French FixOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/25/2014Brasserie du Vin is a great place to get a great French bistro meal, and close-to-France baguettes! The outdoor garden dining is pleasant, although the chairs are a little uncomfortable. A light fan breeze out there might be nice too, but it's cozy and sweet. Food is predictably yummy.Special Features:
- Awesome Apps!jkatDined on 7/23/2014We had the most wonderful time building a dinner with a variety of appetizers. Fresh, tasty seafood (lobster tail, shrimp cocktail, king crab legs), escargot, caprese bruschetta and French onion soup served by an engaging service team. We will need to return soon to have a couple of entrees and dessert. Previous visit for lunch was awesome with a variety of gourmet burgers, salads and signature French onion soup.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This was my first time and i will definately return. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- First-time dining heretmacbyamaDined on 7/5/2014The evening outdoor dining experience was very romantic and memorable. The soft live music, candle lit table with the drapes of lights above us created a memorable moment for my boyfriend and I. The blueberry sauce on the lamb chop dish was mouthwatering, and paired perfectly with the listed Gamay. My boyfriend can’t stop talking about his rib-eye steak dish, as well. We also loved the escargot and chocolate soufflé. The service was better than most places in Honolulu in terms of friendliness and professionalism, however, at times it seemed a bit stressed and sometimes forgetful.Special Features:
- Happy Hour at Du Vin is a winner!HIfoodieVIPDined on 6/30/2014Great menu choices - delicious food! Perfect for after work relaxing with friends, co-workers, significant others. We enjoyed both beef and chicken sliders, cheese platter and mushroom escargot. And don't forget the French fries - we're French fry connoisseurs and Du Vins are top of the list! Highly recommend checking out Du Vin's happy hour.Special Features:
- Urine smellNotveryhappyDined on 6/30/2014As we enter the restaurant a not so clean homeless person was making her way out, of course we were shocked and puzzled. We sat outdoor in the passage and there was a very strong smell of urine around.... We were inviting 2 of our bankers, so we felt awful about this, but politely enough no one mentioned a thing.... The food was alright, a little eensive for the quality and very minuscule serving of the "so called" Boullabaisse....they did not have a cracker or any other instrument to dig the mean out of the legs of the crab!.....it was a nice place a few years ago but it is changing in a negative way.......this was definitely our last time......Special Features:
- not good before the theatreeatingoutisfunDined on 6/28/2014Terrible service. We had a group of 9, and arrived at 5:30pm for our reservation. Everything was slow and we were almost late for our show at the Hawaii Theatre, just across the street. Waitress was snobby.
- officepalsDined on 6/28/2014Our group had a great time at Du Vin for a light lunch on Saturday. Lots of ooohs and ahhhs for the baked brie, the clam chowder, the eggs Benedict, and the portabello sandwich. Friends, friendly atmosphere, comfortable surroundings - it was fun. We will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient dining for HI TheatreV123VIPDined on 6/27/2014It gets crowded and noisy. The outside tables remain heated and close quarters. The staff do their best to serve and be polite but the number of people and square footage can only allow for so less pleasant ambience. The food is good but the tables are so small to hold the tapas
- Ok Fooddyuen34VIPDined on 6/25/2014So went here last night. The place is pretty nice but they have no parking so you must find street parking or park in an over-priced lot in Chinatown. The service is very good. The oysters were fresh and tasty. The soup of the day was spot on. The blue cheese mushroom cargot was very good. Everything else was kind of mediocre. The proscuitto crostini was dry and bland. The crab cakes needed more crab in it. And the bruschetta with mozzarella and tomato was average. The place is pretty good, but they need to improve on the food.Special Features:
- outstandingjroushVIPDined on 6/21/2014As in the past 10 visits this restaurant is second to none in regards to food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jetlaggedDined on 6/21/2014Due to the lack of patrons and the exorbitant wine prices and limited menu, we opted not to dine here at all.Special Features:
- Solid experienceJeffKVIPDined on 6/20/2014A dependable French experience in d'town Honolulu. Featured draft beer (this time Krönenberg 1664) is a little overpriced at $8/pint so would stick with known bottled beers or be smart and select from the decent wine list. Dishes do not disappoint as an appetizer of Roquefort cheese and charcuterie Genoa salami plus half-shell oysters were a great start. The crispy duck confit had excellent seasonings; however, we did think the risotto (vege style) had a bit too much on the black pepper or similar as this was the predominant after-taste. Ambience is unique as we had the back corner of the outside alley, but careful on the middle tables as the occasional mauka showers could upset the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceFMCHAPVIPDined on 6/20/2014Food was very tasty, but we waited for more than an hour for our food for a party of 12. Our dinner reservation was at 6, but we did not get our food until 8.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre insideHungryHawaiiDined on 6/14/2014We got sat at the big group table inside. I despise that table. Twice now seated there and twice a bad experience. Difficult to converse from one end to another as sound does not carry across table inside that room well. You end up hearing from bar patrons louder than from your own table Also no breeze so incredibly hot. Our server was also not very good, had to order a drink 3 times before she got it and she still charged us for it. A shame since the outside servers we've had before were great and on point.Special Features:
- EhhhCurryDined on 6/14/2014It was ok. The service was ehh. Our server was ok not really outstanding. We had to ask for water. I notice a guy pouring water at tables and looked at ours and turned away and walked to other tables to put water. My glass was half empty and in clear sight of a refill. Very choppy service and received the wrong bill. Had to locate our server to let her know. Service is usually better but this night on our early Father's Day celebration was neither a thumbs up or down.Special Features:
- Great before-theater diningJDapprovedDined on 6/14/2014I chose "energetic" because loud was not a choice. We could barely hear each other - the bus boy did turn it down a bit. We had a Mainland guest who tried our food as well as her own & liked all of them. My friend said the crab cakes were the best she has had. Our table was the WORST ever - inside (although there were places outside) at the end of the bar and the entrance to the restrooms. Our waitress was attentive and provided excellent service - ditto for the bus boy who saw to our every need. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Brunchbirthday4someDined on 6/14/2014We four gals celebrate our birthdays at different restaurants about town. Brasserie du Vin is definitely on our "return again" list. Food was great (we shared family style)....and the service fantastic. Be sure to order the chocolate souffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not consistently goodRMS1HIDined on 6/7/2014Ate here for lunch a couple of times and once for dinner. Lunches were OK, but a very limited selection. Dinner food was good that once, but the wine was unbelievably expensive. Server told us there was no corkage fee on 1st Saturday of each month, so we tried it. Turns out the "no corkage fee" only applies to wines that they do not sell -- not having memorized their wine list, the wine we brought did not meet the criterion. Also there was only seating inside and no garden, a major drawback. Needless to say, we haven't been back.Special Features:
- Good foodNomNomNomDined on 6/2/2014Started with tomato basil bisque (good), french onion soup (delish), and the comte cheese (would not get again). Did not taste like how it was written up. Expected more bite and stank. Entrees: bouillabaisse (good, soup tasted like the tomato basil bisque tho); Pork chop was delicious! Moist! Tasty! I like to eat foods I can't eat at home, but this pork chop was great. There was a slight stinky smell as I walked in the front part of the restaurant. It went away as we went to the back. Smelled like China Town. Haha. I would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingjroushVIPDined on 5/30/2014The food and service was outstanding. This is the tenth time eating here and the food continues to be great every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amos007Dined on 5/28/2014Prompt service, food temperature was right, great place for lunch!!!Special Features:
- Our Go-to Celebration PlaceCharDined on 5/24/2014I have found Brasserie Du Vin is consistent for good food, drinks and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014I've been to this restaurant several times and have been happy with the food. This time however it took more than an hour to get our order. Our order was given to a different table and we asked numerous times for our meal. They did give us a free dessert but I strongly recommend that they check into this. May not want to visit the establishment in the near future.Special Features:
- Expectations metPickeedinerDined on 5/16/2014Perfect for pre-Hawaii Theater dining. Service was excellent..efficient and very pleasant. The simple preparation of the fresh grilled fish let the fish itself shine through. The light sauce and Molokai sweet potato were perfect compliments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Du Vin Doesn't DisappointOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014Only place to go before Hawaii Theatre performances. Nice Malbec, love the different "garcots" and the French Onion Soup, oo lah lah.Special Features:
- parisimaliveDined on 5/16/2014Took my friend for her birthday First time at a French restaurant for her and she enjoyed it. She was impressed as the setting felt like we were in Paris but it was hot that day and was smelly. Should have dined inside but wanted her to experience the patio. It's much nicer evenings. The brie,bouillabaisse and her croquet monsieur melted graver(ham and cheese with cheese crusted sourdough ) was excellent. Have brought all my friends here and they were all impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiesmythingDined on 5/13/2014cool place to have drinks and pupus with your friends. great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchBrunchDined on 5/11/2014The food was very good and we had such a nice Mother's Day Brunch. I love the feeling in this restaurant. It is very nicly decorated and there is a back courtyard which is awsome. The food was very good and we could not have had better service. They were so accomodating when we didnt like something and mom even got a free extra dessert! We will be going back for sure and would recommend to anyone for a special occation or just a night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST DINNER IN HAWAIISunshineVIPDined on 5/10/2014This beautiful restaurant was by far the best place we dined during our two week stay in Hawaii on 3 islands. The service was amazing and the food was delicious. The place was oozing with ambiance and the setting was perfect for a reunion between my sister and her boyfriend who live on Oahu and my partner and I who live in Philadelphia. I originally heard about it from my sister who raved about the baked brie, so I made the reservation looking far in advance. It was so good that I can't imagine going to Hawaii with out going back again and I will definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family visiting the island in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very charming - Old World StyleLocalLadiesLovingFranceDined on 5/10/2014The ambiance is great and the location is perfect for dining just before the theater - right across the street.Special Features:
- Ladies Night OutHappyopuDined on 5/10/2014We, four mature ladies, were out for a night of dining & the theater. Du Vin was our choice. The ambience was good. The food was delicious - Fresh Opah Belly, Crab Cakes, Bruschette & a tasty chicken dish. We split two of the apple crisps. They were very tasty but the tiny scoop of ice cream was too small, even for one person. Service was good the wait staff was friendly. They could have been a bit more attentive, service was a little slow but the restaurant was full. The bend seats were difficult to get in & out of. Over all we enjoyed the evening. One of the ladies lost an earing & after the theater we went back to see if it was there. The hostess checked & it had been found. The evening ended on a very good note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but service slowkpno97VIPDined on 5/10/2014Not sure what happened but we waited about 45 minutes before we got our food. Otherwise, the wait staff were good and attentive and the food was very good.Special Features:
- The following 344 reviews are from the Brasserie Du Vin reviews archive.
- Duck and OysterskeokiDined on 5/1/2014Took my Mom out the other night. DuVin is a cute little restaurant in downtown Honolulu. Everything was delicious. The Oysters were great and the Duck was the most tender I have ever had. really enjoyed our evening. will go again. charming decor. great food. fair prices and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.