387 South Oyster Bay Road
Plainview, NY 11803Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://brasseriecassis.com/
- Phone: 5166530090x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We customize party menus according to our guests needs and can accommodate large parties during off peak dinning hours.
- Cross Street: Woodbury Rd
- Public Transit: 2 mile drive from the Hicksville LIRR Train Station and 3 miles from the Syosset LIRR Train Station
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Being that we are located in The Plainview Centre with a vast private parking lot our customers can find a parking spot with ease. We also have two handicap parking spots directly in front of our entrance.
A word from Brasserie Cassis
Nestled in Plainview is a truly authentic gem of a restaurant. Enjoy French bistro food from classic favorites to modern takes in our beautiful dining room. Come see why so many say we are the best neighborhood and destination restaurant on Long Island for authentic French cuisine!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Brasserie Cassis - Best Restaurants in Plainview ›
Brasserie Cassis reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (17)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (11)good for groups (9)romantic (9)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Cassis is one of our favorites. My husband and I go often and my married kids go too!! We all had fish as our entrée, except my twin grandsons who are eight and had the delicious burger. Everyone raved about their meal. We had the mussels as an appetizer and are always tender and well seasoned. We be there again this Friday evening.Special Features:
- FRENCH DELITEFINEDINERDined on 9/8/2014FOOD WAS VERY GOOD BUT THE PORTIONS WERE QUITE SMALL. DESSERTS WERE JUST O.K. SAT IN A BOOTH NEXT TO BAR AND HAD LOUD YOUNG GIRL DRINKING AND YAPPING!!!! OTHERWISE VERY NICE AND YES WE WOULD EAT THERE AGAIN BUT I DO WISH THEY WOULD GIVE LARGER PORTIONSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousdeb59Dined on 9/5/2014It is in a strip mall... once you get over that, it is worth it!! The mussels were amazing...with chorizo, not too spicy, just enough added umph. My husband had the steak and forced himself to save some for "lunch tomorrow"- our waiter recommended how to prepare it Au jus...my daughter ate it and wants us to go back again so she can have the leftovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great bistroLuvtoeatDined on 8/16/2014We always have the standards when we go to a Cassis restaurant. They have the best onion soup and mussels. We added fries this time which were outstanding . I had a fish special which was great. My only disappoint was a tasteless salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food and serviceEdka631Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have been to that place on many occasions...with friends or just two of us. I have to say that this is our favorite place on Long Island. The food quality, wines, service, the ambience makes you enjoy every moment you spend in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spot!Foodie13VIPDined on 8/14/2014Consistently good food and service. The herb salmon is amazing!! And the mussels are always a great alternative for a lighter bite. Live music on Thursday nights starting at 7 adds to their upbeat Happy Hour.Special Features:
- Great KitchenScottNDined on 8/13/2014Besty lamb chops I ever ate, cooked to perfection. Saffron Herb Mussels were fantastic. Steak Tatare is wonderfully prepared. Five Star kitchen. Wait staff was having an off night.Special Features:
- Consistently good foodDiWaltDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I have dined here several times lovely atmosphere and good us very good. Staff is always pleasant. Overall a great choice in Plainview area. By the way. Our waiter on this visit was exceptionally attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch in FrenchDianeDined on 8/3/2014Second time here, first time for brunch. Omelette's were great. Lots of food. Service very attentive (even too attentive at one point). Dessert was unique-petit madeleines.Special Features:
- Good food-Svc beyond disappointing!RobbyleeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Arrived @ 4:35 Sat. thinking we could enjoy glass of wine @ bar & then have early dinner. Hostess had just turned 2 customers away b4 us & told us we needed 2 come back in 15 mins! Noticed a man was drinking beer @ bar & asked can't we have a glass of wine @ bar or @ outside table? "No"! We came back, were seated outside & barely saw our rude waiter. Busboy was more attentive than waiter & he wasn't present too often either! Asked for ck & told hostess how bad svc was. Mgr was standing nearby, must have overheard the comment but didn't spk 2 us in this empty restaurant! While 2 glasses of wine weren't chrg'd, we're not certain if it was an oversight or an accommodation for lousy svc starting w/hostess. No sense of urgency to 2 serve :-(
- ServiceaddyDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good. We had a variety of meals. The mussels were delicious, the sea bass was excellent and the duck was perfect. The salad cassis was a bit sour and the cheese was in big lumps. The service was very disappointing. The busboys kept crossing in front of me when they were placing items to one of our dining companions who was seated to my left. I told the waitress about it, and she said she would talk to the busboy, but then a different busboy came and did the same thing! My husband and I both asked him not to cross in front of me. It was disconcerting and rude. I've have been at this restaurant several times, and this is the first time this happened, but I was embarrassed in front of my guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CackyDined on 7/24/2014Food was excellent...atmosphere was pleasant... First time at this restaurant and was very enjoyableSpecial Features:
- good local placethe4ofusVIPDined on 7/23/2014I went in with no expectations. It was just a convenient place for us to meet up with some friends and have dinner. I ordered the fish special and it was great. Service was friendly and good. Reasonable prices. Worth a tripSpecial Features:
- Great French FoodMark4VIPDined on 7/19/2014Everything I eat there tastes great. The escargot is too die 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceRpfaDined on 7/16/2014I've been to this restaurant numerous times for personal and business meals and I've always enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Will be backClementineDined on 7/9/2014Enjoyed our outdoor dining and service. Standouts were steak tartare and musselsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frenchfoodieDined on 7/4/2014I have never been disappointed and really appreciate fine dining so close to home.Special Features:
- Taste of Paris in PlainviewKK78VIPDined on 7/3/2014I was blown away with this restaurant. The noise level is high & the ambience is very energetic. The service was great; the waiter was there when we needed him, but left us alone otherwise. He was also very friendly & helpful with suggestions. They serve the bread with this delicious pate. I ordered a French Martini to start, which was made perfectly, along with the Escargots (piping hot, but delicious!). For a main I had the Moules Saffran, which were fresh and delectable, along with a side of the best French fries I have ever had, and a Kronenbourg (on tap!) to wash it all down. For dessert we shared the crème brulee which was so amazing we all wanted to marry it. They also have a guitarist on Thursday nights that is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great French FoodMark4VIPDined on 6/28/2014Great duck,Escargot & Filet of sole.Ryan is great host. Overall one of the best French restaurants on Long IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing !Drhoney1Dined on 6/28/2014The food is excellent but service was aweful , we had to wait long time to get our order in & the waiter was busy watching soccer & for bill we had to wait a while too ! I was very disappointed !!!
- Neighborhood GemGoodfoodgoodfriendsVIPDined on 6/15/2014Brasserie Cassis has never disappointed us. The food and service is fantastic. The restaurant has a wonderful feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smittyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014I have been to this restaurant many times. It's usually quite good. But Saturday was an exception. Three of us ordered hamburgers medium rare. Two out of three arrived medium well. We were very disappointed. Especially since we waited a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy dinnerLuvtoeatDined on 6/6/2014Although these always get out a good meal the noise level is much too high. You cannot have a conversation. The onion soup is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French bistroRoadrunnerDined on 6/3/2014I love all four of the Restar groups French bistros: Brasserie Cassis, Bistro Cassis, Bistro Citron and La P'tite Framboise. The food is consistently excellent and the ambiance is lovely. It's always a great atmosphere at the bar.Special Features:
- Can't Go Wrong!fitplanDined on 5/21/2014Casis provides a great atmosphere with good food. At times, the service can be sketchy. A friendlier attitude can help, depending on who your server is. The salads, mussels and main courses are very tasty and reliable. The added entertainment is a bonus, too. Overall, a great neighborhood place to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 103 reviews are from the Brasserie Cassis reviews archive.
- Best French restaurantMark4VIPDined on 5/17/2014Great duck Friendly host,Ryan Pleasant server, EmilySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal but noisyGibsonmamaVIPDined on 5/16/2014Everyone in our party agreed that the food was excellent. I had the steak au poivre with pomme frites. It was delicious. However, the noise levels in this space are off the scale during the dinner hour. We really couldn't make conversation. Nothing in the dining area exists to absorb sound. You are better off dining here for lunch when it is less crowded. Service was not bad, but not overly friendly or attentive. At one point, our waiter noticed we had run out of butter and placed it on the table so rapidly that I did not have time to catch his eye to ask for some aioli. The aioli, when it arrived, was uncharacteristically watery. I will definitely return, but not on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Great As Usual!Love2eatDined on 5/11/2014Always can count on Brasserie for an excellent dining experience! Service and food always great!!Special Features:
- mother's dayEDeOliveiraDined on 5/11/2014We came here for the first time for mother's day brunch. The food was delicious and the service was good as well, but the noise level was high in the inside rooms and it was a bit difficult to converse with one another. The outside tables looked like a much better location. One thing that could have been better was the selection for the brunch menu. We are familiar with Cassis in Huntington and their brunch menu is more extensive so we were a bit disappointed when items we were looking for were missing. That being said, however, the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French foodMark4VIPDined on 5/10/2014My wife & I had the filet of sole it was excellent. The escargot had just the right amount of garlic. The service was well spaced & attentive. It was an excellent dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local restaurantAlbeegoodeDined on 5/10/2014I love the French Onion Soup. The Lobster Tail special was dried out (over cooked). Last time I was here I had a Hamburger which was very good. I'll try this place one more time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyEdandmieDined on 5/5/2014Always have a good experience at Brasserie Cassis. Service was great, food delicious and the atmosphere charming. Will continue to dine here, always consistent.Special Features:
- Was not bowled overmarywilehlm61VIPDined on 5/2/2014I was pretty disappointed all in all in this restaurant. I have been trying to open up my mind to restaurants in Long Island - but for me, I just can't find that "divine" one. The service and server were great, but the food was mediocre. The dinner that my husband had was not at all that appetizing at all. And the desert was appalling. However, the salad that I ordered was fantastic for an appetizer - very fresh. I won't go back here again. It looked like those around us were having a good time and the wine was good. But all in all, giving the restaurant three stars is a gift.
- Never fails to delightRobbyleeVIPDined on 5/1/2014Definitely a neighborhood gem. We have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good mealSusanFVIPDined on 4/29/2014I've eaten here before and this was by far the best meal I've had. In the past I've had problems getting rare hamburgers; this time I had sided hangar steak excellently prepared and rare, indeed. Their restaurant week menu had something for everyone, including my fussy 92-year old mother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food fair serviceMark4VIPDined on 4/26/2014The filet of sole & the duck were excellent. The service was fair. The drinks did not come until we reminded the waiter when he served our appertizers. He also quoted the wrong price 4 the oysters. Will be back for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLindaVIPDined on 4/26/2014Honored reservations which is nice on a Saturday niteSpecial Features:
- Duck & SoupEdsbeeDined on 4/26/2014The Onion soup was a abit weak compared to others, something missing in teh flavor development. Inital presentation teh cheese was burned (black scabs). My Wife had teh duck which she thought was great. i had eth steak au poive, very very tasty and med/rare perfection. Passed on dessert as we were headed out to a comedy clubSpecial Features:
- Dinner and a movieJAHFVIPDined on 4/22/2014Less than a 10 minute drive from the Hicksville multiplex, what a wonderful find. Didn't know about the place until it came up on opentable for restaurant week. It is in odd location, but once you step inside, very romantic. We went at an off time, 6:30 on Tuesday so the place was not crowded. The waitstaff very nice and attentive. The food was wonderful. I had the garlic eggplant soup and the best porkchop. My husband enjoyed a salad and salmon dish. Will be returning again for another date night.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatMotherheadVIPDined on 4/16/2014Cassis has consistently great food & service. My husband loves the Different Beers they have. We frequent this restaurant at least once a month and we are always happy we went for dinner thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.