387 South Oyster Bay Road
Plainview, NY 11803Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://brasseriecassis.com/
- Phone: (516) 653-0090
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We customize party menus according to our guests needs and can accommodate large parties during off peak dinning hours.
- Cross Street: Woodbury Rd
- Public Transit: 2 mile drive from the Hicksville LIRR Train Station and 3 miles from the Syosset LIRR Train Station
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Being that we are located in The Plainview Centre with a vast private parking lot our customers can find a parking spot with ease. We also have two handicap parking spots directly in front of our entrance.
A word from Brasserie Cassis
Nestled in Plainview is a truly authentic gem of a restaurant. Enjoy French bistro food from classic favorites to modern takes in our beautiful dining room. Come see why so many say we are the best neighborhood and destination restaurant on Long Island for authentic French cuisine!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie Cassis reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (18)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (13)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (12)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (7)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Must have been an "off night"OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/8/2014Usually love this restaurant, but we must have hit an "off night." The hostess was perfunctory, as was our server. The food was not up to its usual standards. We were disappointed but will certainly give it another try.Special Features:
- Disappointing foodjackthetravellerDined on 11/8/2014We went there to celebrate a major birthday expecting great food based on the reviews in this site but found just OK food and noise level on a saturday night that was unberarable More specific, escargots were tasty, frog legs were below average and they were tasteless and swimming in oil. Filet Mignon and Seabass were good. Service was slow or at least our waitress was.
- Donna TydCellobassmomDined on 11/8/2014Excellent service and food. The short ribs and salmon were fantastic. Will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood eatery.PlainviewLouDined on 11/7/2014Good food and prompt,courteous service. Will definitely make return trips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodLuvtoeatDined on 11/7/2014Service and food was very good however the noise level was high difficult to have a conversation across the tableSpecial Features:
- Svc not up to par but food's delishRobbyleeVIPDined on 11/5/2014We've been coming here for years - sadly, service has been declining especially as concerns the busboy (@ least the 1 @ our table). He made it clear he resented having to fill water glasses frequently & when 3 of us took food home, he combined 2 different people's meals & told us to separate it ourselves! Really?! Some serious training needs to happen, IMHO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2014Polite waitstaff non intrusive but catering to every detail of your meal. Best salmon I have ever had, perfect portion not too much but just enough to be satisfied. House chardonnay was excellent crisp and not too sweet. I will definitely be attending again on a frequent basis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chase's Docteur DadNeilVIPDined on 10/26/2014Tres bien! Very good French bistro with fresh and authentic bistro food. Wait staff always helpful with suggestion of dishes or wines. Definitely well return!-- C'est excellente!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dining experienceShaferHillsideSelectDined on 10/25/2014Had the lamb chops, which were excellent, with the exception of one that was rather tough. My wife had the sole, which I tried and was delicious. Both were good sized portions. Service was excellent. Would like to see a more extensive wine list, but that being said, the glass of Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah/Grenace I had were more than acceptable. Picky about my food, and my wine, I will return here.Special Features:
- Noisy but food is still quite good!RobbyleeVIPDined on 10/18/2014We were 2 couples on a Saturday evening. We've all been here before & once again enjoyed our meals. We had the French onion soup, escargot & crab & endive salad as appetizers. The entrees consisted of trout, short rib dinner, butterflied, breaded & pan fried pork chop & a seared salmon. Dessert was ½ good - the cobbler was delicious but the lemon tart was weak. We are not a table of big drinkers & only 1 of us had a Martini. We all had wine but some like red wine while others white so we opted for by the glass. They have a decent selection & each choice was good. Still a place we are comfortable recommending…enjoy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014felt little rushed to finish the dinner instead of having the time to enjoy itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningereptekDined on 9/28/2014Food was excellent. This restaurant has become a favorite for quality and consistency. The Mussels in white wine are especially great appetizer. Everything that we ordered was well prepared. Service was very friendly and prompt. I would highly recommend for special occasions.Special Features:
- Amazing foodTruefoodieDined on 9/27/2014This was the first time I was here and o csn not wait to return. From appetizer to dessert the entire meal wax wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much too noisyGotnerveDined on 9/27/2014Food was decent enough but the noise level made it impossible to have a conversation across the table. Service was attentive but extremely rushed despite many open tables the night we dined. It might be a better choice for lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood spotFoodie13VIPDined on 9/27/2014We eat here weekly! Great service. Good bartenders. Consistently good food. Thursday Happy Hour bar scene with live music. Love sitting outside when the weather is good. Ryan the maître de is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for dinnerRestaurantbucketlistDined on 9/26/2014Been visiting this place for a few years but for special occasions as it is far from were we live. The food and service is always on point. The hanger steak was juicy and tender, mussels in Pernod sauce was yummy, the salmon and sea bass dishes flavorful. If you are not afraid to eat raw meat..try the steak tartar with the wonderful crusty bread the give youSpecial Features:
- Rob55VIPDined on 9/26/2014Good food- a little pricey for a neighborhood bistro-Special Features:
- food was deliciousReservationsDined on 9/26/2014Went to dinner early so the restaurant was quiet - saw other diners with children and the restaurant could accommodate their needs. The bread, pate and the main courses were delicious - the chef could give a little more potatoes and vegetable - not an expensive item to be more generous with. The décor was very "French" but not overdone. Would definitely recommend and go back again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- sep 21 - paellaphotoman21Dined on 9/21/2014As a wedding and event photographer I photographed a party for a client at Cassis in Plainview. I was immediately struck by the great 'bistro' decor and warm and friendly 'feel' the restaurant had. I returned with my wife on our wedding anniversary and we had the tastiest paella that we've eaten in years, which is the daily special on Sundays. We plan or returning on a Monday night for their special menu featuring several mussel selections. A great dining experience, and I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Service was attentive but not that friendly. A smile and friendly banter would go a long way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local restauranthappypeepsDined on 9/19/2014Food is quite good! Unfortunately it is so noisy that even the waiter couldn't hear our food request. But I still highly recommend it as the food is really good and the staff is very nice.Special Features:
- Loved itFarfromhomeDined on 9/18/2014We were visiting from Australia and in Farmingdale for two weeks. It was my birthday and I dispaired of finding somewhere nice to eat. Hen we found Brasserie Cassis. The food was outstanding. So good we offered to kiss the (clearly classically trained) chef. I highly recommend your establishment to any lover of fine French cuisine. Tre bien!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Cassis is one of our favorites. My husband and I go often and my married kids go too!! We all had fish as our entrée, except my twin grandsons who are eight and had the delicious burger. Everyone raved about their meal. We had the mussels as an appetizer and are always tender and well seasoned. We be there again this Friday evening.Special Features:
- FRENCH DELITEFINEDINERDined on 9/8/2014FOOD WAS VERY GOOD BUT THE PORTIONS WERE QUITE SMALL. DESSERTS WERE JUST O.K. SAT IN A BOOTH NEXT TO BAR AND HAD LOUD YOUNG GIRL DRINKING AND YAPPING!!!! OTHERWISE VERY NICE AND YES WE WOULD EAT THERE AGAIN BUT I DO WISH THEY WOULD GIVE LARGER PORTIONSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousdeb59Dined on 9/5/2014It is in a strip mall... once you get over that, it is worth it!! The mussels were amazing...with chorizo, not too spicy, just enough added umph. My husband had the steak and forced himself to save some for "lunch tomorrow"- our waiter recommended how to prepare it Au jus...my daughter ate it and wants us to go back again so she can have the leftovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great bistroLuvtoeatVIPDined on 8/16/2014We always have the standards when we go to a Cassis restaurant. They have the best onion soup and mussels. We added fries this time which were outstanding . I had a fish special which was great. My only disappoint was a tasteless salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food and serviceEdka631Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I have been to that place on many occasions...with friends or just two of us. I have to say that this is our favorite place on Long Island. The food quality, wines, service, the ambience makes you enjoy every moment you spend in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spot!Foodie13VIPDined on 8/14/2014Consistently good food and service. The herb salmon is amazing!! And the mussels are always a great alternative for a lighter bite. Live music on Thursday nights starting at 7 adds to their upbeat Happy Hour.Special Features:
- Great KitchenScottNDined on 8/13/2014Besty lamb chops I ever ate, cooked to perfection. Saffron Herb Mussels were fantastic. Steak Tatare is wonderfully prepared. Five Star kitchen. Wait staff was having an off night.Special Features:
- Consistently good foodDiWaltDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I have dined here several times lovely atmosphere and good us very good. Staff is always pleasant. Overall a great choice in Plainview area. By the way. Our waiter on this visit was exceptionally attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch in FrenchDianeDined on 8/3/2014Second time here, first time for brunch. Omelette's were great. Lots of food. Service very attentive (even too attentive at one point). Dessert was unique-petit madeleines.Special Features:
- Good food-Svc beyond disappointing!RobbyleeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Arrived @ 4:35 Sat. thinking we could enjoy glass of wine @ bar & then have early dinner. Hostess had just turned 2 customers away b4 us & told us we needed 2 come back in 15 mins! Noticed a man was drinking beer @ bar & asked can't we have a glass of wine @ bar or @ outside table? "No"! We came back, were seated outside & barely saw our rude waiter. Busboy was more attentive than waiter & he wasn't present too often either! Asked for ck & told hostess how bad svc was. Mgr was standing nearby, must have overheard the comment but didn't spk 2 us in this empty restaurant! While 2 glasses of wine weren't chrg'd, we're not certain if it was an oversight or an accommodation for lousy svc starting w/hostess. No sense of urgency to 2 serve :-(
- ServiceaddyDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good. We had a variety of meals. The mussels were delicious, the sea bass was excellent and the duck was perfect. The salad cassis was a bit sour and the cheese was in big lumps. The service was very disappointing. The busboys kept crossing in front of me when they were placing items to one of our dining companions who was seated to my left. I told the waitress about it, and she said she would talk to the busboy, but then a different busboy came and did the same thing! My husband and I both asked him not to cross in front of me. It was disconcerting and rude. I've have been at this restaurant several times, and this is the first time this happened, but I was embarrassed in front of my guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CackyDined on 7/24/2014Food was excellent...atmosphere was pleasant... First time at this restaurant and was very enjoyableSpecial Features:
- good local placethe4ofusVIPDined on 7/23/2014I went in with no expectations. It was just a convenient place for us to meet up with some friends and have dinner. I ordered the fish special and it was great. Service was friendly and good. Reasonable prices. Worth a tripSpecial Features:
- The following 115 reviews are from the Brasserie Cassis reviews archive.
- Great French FoodMark4VIPDined on 7/19/2014Everything I eat there tastes great. The escargot is too die 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceRpfaDined on 7/16/2014I've been to this restaurant numerous times for personal and business meals and I've always enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Will be backClementineDined on 7/9/2014Enjoyed our outdoor dining and service. Standouts were steak tartare and musselsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frenchfoodieDined on 7/4/2014I have never been disappointed and really appreciate fine dining so close to home.Special Features:
- Taste of Paris in PlainviewKK78VIPDined on 7/3/2014I was blown away with this restaurant. The noise level is high & the ambience is very energetic. The service was great; the waiter was there when we needed him, but left us alone otherwise. He was also very friendly & helpful with suggestions. They serve the bread with this delicious pate. I ordered a French Martini to start, which was made perfectly, along with the Escargots (piping hot, but delicious!). For a main I had the Moules Saffran, which were fresh and delectable, along with a side of the best French fries I have ever had, and a Kronenbourg (on tap!) to wash it all down. For dessert we shared the crème brulee which was so amazing we all wanted to marry it. They also have a guitarist on Thursday nights that is outstanding.Special Features: