Brasserie by Niche
4580 Laclede Ave
St. Louis, MO 63108Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Brasserie by Niche
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brasseriebyniche.com/
- Phone: 314-454-0600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Gerard Craft
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brasserie by Niche
Brasserie by Niche is a new restaurant located in Central West End.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Brasserie by Niche - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
Brasserie by Niche reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (87)great for outdoor dining (75)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (56)romantic (38)great for brunch (24)hot spot (24)notable wine list (20)good for groups (20)late-night find (9)scenic view (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- FabulousEnglishbelleVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a great meal on Saturday evening, the service was great & the food was so good. The chicken was out of this world - can't wait to go back soon.Special Features:
- Great food, tired menutable42Dined on 10/17/2014We've been to the Brasserie several times, and love the neighborhood and food, but a recent visit left us disappointed. The menu has remained virtually unchanged for far too long. In good conscience I cannot recommend it to foodies if the Niche enterprise doesn't demand a bit more imagination from this kitchen. On our last visit, the braised beef and roasted chicken entrees were scrumptious benefiting from long, slow cooking. But we've seen these items before, along with the mussels, trout and the croque madam. The salad was unremarkable and two predictable dessert items – chocolate mousse and toffee ice cream with chocolate sauce fell short on quality. We probably won't return until we see some new items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stlDinerDined on 10/15/2014We were a little disappointed - we love Niche – the food was nowhere near the same level.Special Features:
- Great menu, great service!new2stlDined on 10/12/2014I've been to this restaurant twice now. Both times the service was excellent. Very knowledgeable staff. More importantly, the food (french cuisine) is outstanding. The menu changes often, and always provides an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Always consistently good!ESG77Dined on 10/12/2014Had a lovely time...great food and lovely wine. The pumpkin soup was delicious and our favourite dish,braised beef was great! Service was very attentive. We come back here several times because we know we won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really wonderful service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I took my daughter and her friends to the Brasserie for a fun dinner out. We ordered appetizers, wine, and entrees. While enjoying the appetizers and wine, we noticed that someone was giving CPR to an elderly woman. This caused a great deal of concern. Once the ambulance had come and gone, our server came to apologize for the disturbance and to ask us what we'd like to do. He said he could serve our meals, cancel them, or pack them to go. We decided to take the food to go, since we were still feeling a bit stressed. They gave us the meals at no charge. Later on, we ate the food at home, and it was fantastic. We really appreciated our server's kind concern during this unfortunate incident, and can't wait to go back at another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the foodlindyDined on 10/8/2014The chicken and trout were delicious! Many other intriguing items to try next time.Special Features:
- Great Dining experiencesaltydogrichmanDined on 10/4/2014I have been there a few years ago and this visit was much better. The food is classic French fare and the wine list is good as well. The French onion soup was right on, steak w/béarnaise cooked perfect. I tried the walleye quenelles (they said it was a new item) and it was really good. This may sound picky, but the quenelles had a noticeable flat spot and a thin "skin" from the poach. This means they were formed hours ahead (probably part of afternoon prep) and sat on a sheet pan where they flattened a bit and formed the skin prior to poaching. 5 stars if they actually formed them as they were dropped in the poaching liquid resulting in a perfect formed quenelle and no skin. The flavor and sauce were very good. I recommend!!Special Features:
- wineanddineDined on 10/3/2014came for a birthday. mix green salad wasa very good. steak frites was loaded with frites. good bordeaux selection. good pace of food deliverySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014This is one of our favorites and our go-to when out-of-town guest come to visit. We can always be sure that the food is great and everyone is taken care of. It's a great neighborhood spot- would highly recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Perfect evening at BrasserieLovetogoDined on 10/1/2014Such a beautiful ambiance; with sun setting, streetlights coming on, warm candle like lighting inside, it was truly a trip to Paris. I especially enjoy the muscles served with their freshly baked French bread. The profiteroles are always a special treat for dessert. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- A flash back to Aix En ProvenceWillyDined on 9/28/2014We were in Provence this past May Our dinner at Niche was as if we stepped back in time. The warm baguette with the French Chardonnay was just the beginning of a amazing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealScottVIPDined on 9/26/2014We had a great time Food was excellent as well as the service. The extra attention we received made for an outstanding eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Great food and wine. Poor, slow service. Our waiter was not friendly and seemed inconvenienced when we asked for our bill and more drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old faithfullgleglVIPDined on 9/23/2014I come here a lot. I've never had a bad experience. This trip was no different. Good, efficient service and reliably excellent food. Also, their bartenders make consistently great drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent.JorgeDined on 9/20/2014Food was excellent. Martini was outstanding. Definitely recommend this to friends.Special Features:
- Good OverallMrWorkoutDined on 9/19/2014I'd been waiting to go to Brasserie for quite some time, jsut never could seem to make it up that way. I've read rave reviews, and heard glowing praise of the place, so I was pretty excited. The decor and ambiance was nice, but when it came to the food, I was neither under, nor overwhelmed... it was sort of a satisfaction purgatory. The burger and fries had good portions, but my wife's braised veal wasn't really much on the portion side. The coffee was fair at best, and the creme brulee was so-so. Not slamming the place by any means, as I'm sure part of my disappointment was brought on by unfairly pumped up expectations.Special Features:
- Great food, but very noisycindyDined on 9/17/2014Had the onion soup (delicious) and the roasted chicken (very good). Was a Wednesday night - was surprised at how busy it was which may have contributed to the noise level. Was difficult to carry on a conversation and our server was not very attentive. Regardless, would go again solely on the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, as alwaysblossDined on 9/12/2014We always look at the menu but end up ordering the trout which is always flavorful and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Dinner for two at a French cafeScottSDined on 9/10/2014Went for a birthday dinner on a Wednesday, not too noisy or crowded (7pm seating). Amazing bread started the evening. Food was excellent, wait staff very attentive without being overbearing. Waiter offered suggestions and when I followed his suggestion he also later brought a sample serving of the other side dish i had debated before following his suggestion. Chicken dish was incredible, special of the night was trout, possibly the best I've had anywhere. Would recommend, make reservations, looking forward to going again!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureHotHands17Dined on 9/9/2014My wife and I frequent here once every couple of months. It's one if the few restaurants we return to on a regular basis. We enjoy everything about the place, but the food is the star always.Special Features:
- High expectations low satisfactionPiratesquashDined on 9/5/2014I wish I could make this a positive review but just can't. Having been to France several times I admit I had high expectations. I had the tartare. Instead of ground meat this was more like small chunks of meat with not enough flavor. My wife had the onion soup which was OK but have had better around the corner in Crepes etc. I had the trout as main course. It was well prepared but nothing special. Just grilled trout with flavorless green beans. The wife had monsiour croque. It had a funny flavor I could never single out. Another story is the service. Extremely slow, the waiter did not check on us while waiting for the food and our check was wrong and included my neighbors food. It was our anniversary night and it was disappointing
- Big mixupDisappointedDined on 9/5/2014We were celebrating a special birthday on Friday night. We placed our order and the salad came in a timely manner. However, I noticed that entrees similar or our being delivered to a nearby table and the customers began eating the dinners. Shortly thereafter, I noticed a waiter come and take the dinners away and our waiter came to us and said there has been a mixup and your dinner will be out shortly. I asked "did that table have our dinners?" and he admitted they did. When our entrees arrived (my husband had bistro steak and frites) his French fries were barely warm. My husband and I will always wonder if we were eating some of the same food the other patrons were eating. Our waiter did not offer a dessert or wine as compensation.
- Dinner on Sunday nightBreezyDined on 8/31/2014Recently my husband and I dined at Brasserie. We don't get to spend many dinners together so we decided to do something special. We started with a bottle of wine that the server recommended and te country pate. It was wrapped in caul fat which was unusual but it kept the pate quite moist which was wonderful. For dinner my husband had the roast chicken and I had the steak. The chicken was delicious but for almost 23 dollars you would think it should have had more than two pieces if chicken and bread. The steak was cooked perfectly but slightly under seasoned. The fries as always were delicious. U didn't have dessert but my husband had the profiteroles which were excellent. Overall, our server was good but forgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysrsmdDined on 8/29/2014Another excellent meal at Brasserie! Very consistent in the food and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably goodhollyhurlDined on 8/29/2014Consistently great. Terrific cocktails and wine list. Can never resist a desert!Special Features:
- One of my favoritesRose4meVIPDined on 8/28/2014I've been coming here since the day they opened their doors, and have never been disappointed. From the always welcoming staff, complete with a meal that meets all expectations. If I we're to say anything, for someone who eats out all the time, I wish there could be more wines available in the $28 > $35 range. Keep up the outstanding work, and I'll keep coming back. Save me a place!Special Features:
- Delicious!DianaDined on 8/26/2014The French bistro food is always outstanding and the service excellent at Brasserie.Special Features:
- ExcellentC718002Dined on 8/23/2014We love the brunch so much that we had to try dinner---it was just as fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at BrasserieDaveMDined on 8/22/2014Delicious food in a charming setting. Classic French style with modern touches. There's something here for the traditional and adventurous eater alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerbastoffDined on 8/22/2014My wife loves French cuisine and I surprised her with this restaurant. We loved everything about it. We ordered the cheese plate and the steak tartare to start and each were delicious. My wife had the mussels and I had the steak. The portion on the mussels was generous, to say the least, and the sauce on the steak was amazing. Each entree came with fries and a dipping sauce of mayonnaise mixed with garlic that my wife loved. They also brought out a dessert as a surprise for my wife that was wonderful, the floating island. Service was excellent. We had Danny and will be asking for him again when we go back for our anniversary in December.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stlnanDined on 8/17/2014Loved this place! Food was great, interesting menu, wine list adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Bistro foodKerenVIPDined on 8/17/2014Brasserie has very good food. Our starters included tomato pie, cheese puffs, and a great pate. Entrees too were good. We had trout (excellent), beef in wine (very good), burgers, salads (many nice choices). They have $ 3 valet which is great in this area and excellent selections of French wines. Too there are many fine Scotches to choose.Special Features:
- Thinking of ParisalmostinparisDined on 8/15/2014The food and service were excellent as always. Our party had drinks appetizers, main course and desserts. Would have loved to have sat outside, but were unable because of the impending rain. This reminds of Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningmarg50Dined on 8/12/2014We went to Brasserie by Niche this past Tuesday. We were a party of 4 and chose to seat outside since it was a very nice evening. The service was very good as well as the food. Most of us ordered the trout which was very good. Portions are reasonable, not to share. All in all, it was a very nice and enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding entrees and dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2014We had a party of four; I was the only one who had been to Brasserie before. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly; we relied on his recommendations of what was especially good. Two guys had the braised beef; both loved it. One wanted to lick his plate. The lady had the roast chicken and said it was fabulous. I had the trout; it was cooked and seasoned perfectly, with a wonderful crisp skin. A good-sized portion. We tried four different desserts and agreed each one was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brasserie is our new favoritejeffinthestlVIPDined on 8/9/2014My significant other and I had our first experience at Brasserie last Saturday. The food was excellent and the service was superb. We started with the onion soup -- the best either of us as ever had -- and steak tartar -- fabulous, garlicy splurge. For main courses we had the chicken with mushrooms and mussels. Both were excellent. For desert, we had the floating island, although we were only able to finish about half of it. Our waiter was nice enough to wrap the rest for us and when we went to pick it up after taking an after dinner stroll around the CWE, John, the manager, not only met us at the door with our late night snack, he had replaced our leftovers with a new floating island! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's goodspdtDined on 8/5/2014noise level pretty bad when crowded. Outside chairs much more comfy than those inside. Otherwise, muy bueno!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brasserie by NicheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014A truly wonderful restaurant experience. At Brasserie, they excel at every aspect of the dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014This is a great restaurant but they have not changed their menu in years. It needs to be updated with some different items. We went on a Saturday night and the staff seem blown away and it took awhile to get our food.Special Features: