Brasserie by Niche
4580 Laclede Ave
St. Louis, MO 63108Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Brasserie by Niche
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brasseriebyniche.com/
- Phone: 314-454-0600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Gerard Craft
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brasserie by Niche
Brasserie by Niche is a new restaurant located in Central West End.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Brasserie by Niche - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
Brasserie by Niche reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)great for outdoor dining (78)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (55)romantic (41)great for brunch (35)notable wine list (25)hot spot (23)good for groups (19)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Another excellent meal at Brasserie! Very consistent in the food and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably goodhollyhurlDined on 8/29/2014Consistently great. Terrific cocktails and wine list. Can never resist a desert!Special Features:
- One of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/28/2014I've been coming here since the day they opened their doors, and have never been disappointed. From the always welcoming staff, complete with a meal that meets all expectations. If I we're to say anything, for someone who eats out all the time, I wish there could be more wines available in the $28 > $35 range. Keep up the outstanding work, and I'll keep coming back. Save me a place!Special Features:
- ExcellentC718002Dined on 8/23/2014We love the brunch so much that we had to try dinner---it was just as fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at BrasserieDaveMDined on 8/22/2014Delicious food in a charming setting. Classic French style with modern touches. There's something here for the traditional and adventurous eater alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerbastoffDined on 8/22/2014My wife loves French cuisine and I surprised her with this restaurant. We loved everything about it. We ordered the cheese plate and the steak tartare to start and each were delicious. My wife had the mussels and I had the steak. The portion on the mussels was generous, to say the least, and the sauce on the steak was amazing. Each entree came with fries and a dipping sauce of mayonnaise mixed with garlic that my wife loved. They also brought out a dessert as a surprise for my wife that was wonderful, the floating island. Service was excellent. We had Danny and will be asking for him again when we go back for our anniversary in December.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stlnanDined on 8/17/2014Loved this place! Food was great, interesting menu, wine list adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Bistro foodKerenVIPDined on 8/17/2014Brasserie has very good food. Our starters included tomato pie, cheese puffs, and a great pate. Entrees too were good. We had trout (excellent), beef in wine (very good), burgers, salads (many nice choices). They have $ 3 valet which is great in this area and excellent selections of French wines. Too there are many fine Scotches to choose.Special Features:
- Thinking of ParisalmostinparisDined on 8/15/2014The food and service were excellent as always. Our party had drinks appetizers, main course and desserts. Would have loved to have sat outside, but were unable because of the impending rain. This reminds of Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningmarg50Dined on 8/12/2014We went to Brasserie by Niche this past Tuesday. We were a party of 4 and chose to seat outside since it was a very nice evening. The service was very good as well as the food. Most of us ordered the trout which was very good. Portions are reasonable, not to share. All in all, it was a very nice and enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Outstanding entrees and dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2014We had a party of four; I was the only one who had been to Brasserie before. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly; we relied on his recommendations of what was especially good. Two guys had the braised beef; both loved it. One wanted to lick his plate. The lady had the roast chicken and said it was fabulous. I had the trout; it was cooked and seasoned perfectly, with a wonderful crisp skin. A good-sized portion. We tried four different desserts and agreed each one was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brasserie is our new favoritejeffinthestlDined on 8/9/2014My significant other and I had our first experience at Brasserie last Saturday. The food was excellent and the service was superb. We started with the onion soup -- the best either of us as ever had -- and steak tartar -- fabulous, garlicy splurge. For main courses we had the chicken with mushrooms and mussels. Both were excellent. For desert, we had the floating island, although we were only able to finish about half of it. Our waiter was nice enough to wrap the rest for us and when we went to pick it up after taking an after dinner stroll around the CWE, John, the manager, not only met us at the door with our late night snack, he had replaced our leftovers with a new floating island! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's goodspdtDined on 8/5/2014noise level pretty bad when crowded. Outside chairs much more comfy than those inside. Otherwise, muy bueno!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brasserie by NicheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014A truly wonderful restaurant experience. At Brasserie, they excel at every aspect of the dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014This is a great restaurant but they have not changed their menu in years. It needs to be updated with some different items. We went on a Saturday night and the staff seem blown away and it took awhile to get our food.Special Features:
- Decent but nothing specialBeckiDined on 8/2/2014My steak was pretty good. My date's entree was not. Not exactly gourmet- the sides were heaping servings of fries. I didn't dislike this place but it was nothing special.Special Features:
- Very good!AKKKDined on 7/31/2014I am a regular here since I like French food and live just down the street. For this particular evening, my niece and nephews took me here for my birthday and I was treated very well by the waiter, who knows I am a regular, but still went out of his way when he found it was my birthday by providing our table with free appetizer and a crème brulee for dessert.Special Features:
- Tuesday eveningBKBreview129Dined on 7/29/2014What a wonderful experience!! I cannot wait to return to Brasserie. It was beautiful evening and the diner was perfect from start to finish. The wine was fabulous too :)Special Features:
- Delicious FoodeatyourheartoutDined on 7/16/2014Brasserie's food is delicious. The ambiance is little lacking, I was disappointed to find that having made a reservation for two, we were seated at a table right next to the kitchen. Our server was okay, but not particularly knowledgeable or helpful. Res said it was a bday dinner, but that was not acknowledged. I love a good amuse bouche so we tried the chees puffs - yummy little pillows but not the best in the world. The salad with bacon lardons was literally to die for. The braised beef and chicken were equally fantastic - melt in your mouth, humming while you eat good. The floating island was unique and yummy with a sweet and salty touch. I also had a coffee with dessert which was super good - a telling sign of overall quality.Special Features:
- Disappointing favoriteJerryDined on 7/14/2014It's one of our favorites, but on Bastille night it was very disappointing. The food was served warm. The onion soup is excellent; if it were served hot, it would have been outstanding. My burger was ordered medium rare, served medium well; the burger and fries were both WARM -- not hot. My wife's trout was good, though warm, not hot. We'll wait a while before trying Brasserie again.
- Great foodSkipzieDined on 7/13/2014Our group of four visited there for dinner before the Muny. Everyone's food was delicious. I ordered trout which came to the table only half cooked. I asked for it to be more well done. The waiter graciously returned my plate to the kitchen. It took a little bit for them to finished cooking it. There was no charge for my meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding !GoodFoodDudeDined on 7/2/2014We are never disappointed! Excellent food. Pate appetizer is always our go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John W KilgoreJKGourmetDined on 7/2/2014Terrific food and service. A real gem that always satisfies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon was outstanding!ArmandoDined on 7/1/2014The Salmon with basil pistou was outstanding! it was prepared perfectly! Can't wait to try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening OutThursdayfoodniteDined on 6/26/2014From drinks in the bar through appetizers and entrees this was a terrific evening with friends. Service was great. Everyone was pleased with their choice of entrees. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- A constant (too muc so?)STLgirlDined on 6/18/2014Dining experience was good--in terms of both service and food. I just wish they would shake their menu up a bit, as it never seems to change, even seasonally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of France in St. LouisDfline1944Dined on 6/15/2014The Brasserie was our choice to celebrate Father's Day. Attractive setting just south of Forest Park, with a large outdoor seating area. Restaurant was about 50% occupied when we were there. Our waiter was attentive with a pleasant demeanor. Our drinks and salads came quickly and were excellent. Our main courses, while completely meeting our expectations, took a very long time to arrive. The ambiance was eclectic, but nothing like you would find in Paris. Overall, our party felt it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestcdavis98Dined on 6/14/2014I don't often times rate 5 stars. 5 stars to me, means that there is no room for improvement. And Brasserie is just that. If you're thinking about a place to go, and reading this review, go ahead and make your reservation. You won't be disappointed. I promise :) The food is unreal. So, so good. The location, decor and ambiance are perfect. The service was very good - with the lone exception of our waiter disappeared for a while after he brought us our desert menu. However, I did see a big top walk in and he may have had to deal with that. It was a perfect meal, at a perfect place. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentfoodieDined on 6/8/2014The food is always delicious and the service friendly and professional. It's a wonderful place to dine.Special Features:
- Didn't live up to past experienceScottVIPDined on 6/2/2014Unfortunately our experience did not live up to past dining experiences here. Our server Robert was not very attentive. He had to be requested back to our table twice. Once to ask for an ordered side dish and honestly multiple times for initial bread service. He spent too much time socializing with one table in particular. My advertised cocktail was not made according to the menu. Was suppose to have simple syrup but granulated sugar was settled at the bottom of the glass. For $8 a cocktail it should have been much better. Hopefully this was just an off nite and is not representative of things to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014The food, service and experience were all wonderful! Amazing cocktails, dinner and dessert! Friendly, helpful staff! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Perfect evening!HappyDined on 5/6/2014Dining al fresco it was a perfect evening. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Still wonderful!GregnJoDined on 5/6/2014Had early dinner here before a show, on a weeknight. Beautiful Spring evening had the patio full. Food was excellent as usual, service top notch. Nothing to be dissappointed about at Brasserie! Love it.Special Features:
- The following 948 reviews are from the Brasserie by Niche reviews archive.
- JamesDined on 5/3/2014We were fortunate enough to have great weather in the evening, so we dined outside on the patio. Reminded us of Paris! Great food - the trout and the roasted chicken were excellent and the onion soup was a meal in itself. Service was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Always Reliable and DeliciousjaimemangerDined on 4/25/2014We can always count on excellent food and Brasserie brings me back a little to my life in France!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little piece of France in the CWEDanielSDined on 4/25/2014Had wonderful date night at Brasserie. The cheese puffs were warm and delicious. The mixed lettuce salad was a bit plain, but the goat cheese and hazelnut accents were excellent. The steak was perfectly cooked, tender, delicious. The gnocchi was interesting, though a bit bland. The floating island dessert was a unique dish, well executed. I had not had one before, and was very pleasantly rewarded for my adventure. Overall a very nice, romantic spot in the CWE. A very impressive recreation of the authentic French dining experience, with better service.Special Features:
- ChickenDrLydiaGrayVIPDined on 4/23/2014One of the very few places I order chicken and it NEVER disappoints!Special Features:
- Love…Brasserie by NicheMissDVIPDined on 4/20/2014I love Brasserie by Niche because it is reliably excellent. The atmosphere is elegant but relaxed; calm, and works on so many levels. We gave a Brasserie gift card to someone at Christmas and she and her date had a delightful dinner experience, then went back the next morning for a fabulous brunch. I love the gougeres, vegetarian watercress soup, Spring veggies/ freshly picked garden peas, radishes and, of course tender asparagus. My family members and I were able to have pleasant conversation and top notch, seriously perfect service…from Tony, who graciously made all my "high maintenance" dietary requests seem like "no problem". You can confidently entertain clients and out of town guests at Brasserie.Special Features:
- Have had better mealsjoamDined on 4/19/2014We come to the restaurant pretty regularly and our favorite dish are the mussels and pommes frites. this time the mussels were rather cold and were a much smaller portion than in the past. two of our guests who ordered the same thing did not get their pommes frites with their meal so we had to ask for them. also asked for another roll and that never came. so the food this time was mediocre and the service was the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the bistro atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/12/2014Love the bistro atmosphere. Dining here feels like you're in the middle of Paris. We've been here a number of times and the food is always excellent - a favorite is the mussels and frets.Special Features: