206 North Washington Street
Easton, MD 21601Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://brasseriebrightwell.com/
- Phone: 4108193838x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wed - Sun, 11:30am - 3pm
Dinner: Mon - Sun, 5pm - 9pm, open to 10pm Fri & Sat
Happy Hour: Wed - Sun, 3 - 7pm everyday, & Fri, Sat 9 - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brendan Keegan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Contact Theresa Metelski for details on off-site catering.
- Entertainment: Live Music each Saturday on the Patio with Outside Bar, in season.
- Special Events: Patio available during warmer months
A word from Brasserie Brightwell
A converted garage features soaring ceilings, garage doors that open onto the patio and outside bar, with a wood fired grill, raw bar and a vast craft beer list all make for the hottest restaurant on the Eastern Shore. A nice dinner for two or a quick burger at the open kitchen counter, you can always count on great food, friendly service and fun. Opened in November 2010, Brasserie Brightwell is located in the Easton Market Square at 206 North Washington Street in historic Easton, MD and serves French-inspired cuisine with an American twist. Owned/ operated by brothers-in-law Chef Brendan Keegan & Brian Fox of 208 Talbot fame, and Bob Yabroff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Brasserie Brightwell - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Brasserie Brightwell reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (19)special occasion (15)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (12)hot spot (11)romantic (9)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Better than last timeLocalVIPDined on 8/15/2014The weather was great, we sat outside. Caesar salads were good but nothing special. The crispy fried oysters were wonderful as were the curried deviled eggs. The "bistro" filet was an unfortunate cut of beef that bears no resemblance to tenderloin. It was a tough and textured slab of I'm not sure what. As a previous comment noted - it was disappointing if not misleading on the menu. The "frites" fried potatoes were tasty. For dessert, tiramisu was the winner. The blueberry crumble was tasty but nothing special. The most annoying part of this experience came a day later when Brassierie Brightwell had reported that we were a "no show" for our reservation. This has been resolved but being labeled a dead beat has left a bad taste.
- First time visitlpita10Dined on 8/11/2014This was my first time here! Good menu selection and food was prepared exactly as requested. We sat outside b/c it was such a nice evening. Was nice to sit outside but it is next to a somewhat busy road, so when load trucks went by it was hard to hear. They have a nice bar outside, so I would def like to go back for happy hr too at some point.Special Features:
- reliably excellentamylathropDined on 8/10/2014if you want quiet, sit outside. the specials are always excellent. the staff is attentive and interested in providing a good evening.Special Features:
- WonderfulDisappointedDined on 8/2/2014Creative menu with many wood fired selections and specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the wifegator1466Dined on 8/1/2014Snapper special was great and server was very attentive. Tried two different ales and both were very good. We have dined here numerous times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Superb!KlondikeVonTrappeDined on 7/26/2014Another fabulous experience! Managed to grab a last minute reservation on Open Table and was absolutely delighted. The scene was excellent, good crowd on a beautiful night. I got a great beer recommendation from one of the very knowledgeable bar tenders and he delivered with a perfect cider which is typically not my choice but he nailed it. Started with some Curried Deviled Eggs that were out of this world and then went with the perfectly cooked Steakhouse burger with bacon and morbier chesse. I could have had a pound of the bacon stand alone and it would have been a great meal, it is all cured in house.. Incredible... The evening was capped off with a great band on the patio. These guys know how to do it right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeYummyDined on 7/18/2014Excellent overall, although a bit noisy. We'll be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We are very familiar with the restaurant so generally knew what to expect. The food is predictably good most of the time. I had three small plates, two of which were excellent. One, the duck confit, was way too salty. The wait staff we had failed to advise us of the day's specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerftptstDined on 7/5/2014Our family of five ("children" are teens and young twenties") has enjoyed several meals at this vibrant restaurant. The patio can be lovely but there is frequently live music which is too loud for talking. We only have eaten outside on one occasion. My belief is that the prime tables are inside where talking can be a part of the dining experience. The dining room is cozy in the winter. The decor is very consistent with a French bistro. The service is slow, often uncomfortably slow, yet friendly. But the food is fabulous. The grilled meats and sides are extraordinary and so generous that only our energetic younger family members have room for appetizers too. Overall, a very nice restaurant in the spirit of the Eastern Shore.I would recommend this to a friend.
- N2FabFoodN2FabFoodDined on 7/4/2014A real treat - Went to Easton for week-end - Happened upon BrBistro and loved it. Food was great, although fried green tomatoes had too much batter which masked flavor of such a delicate southern treat. Wine pours were very skimpy - especially for house wine and otherwise loved the experience. Will certainly recommend to friend and come back when in the area.Special Features:
- acufoodieDined on 6/29/2014too much traffic noise on the outdoor patio , otherwise great findSpecial Features:
- Never disappointing!ArleneDined on 6/28/2014We have taken many guests here, and the food is always yummy! Some different things on the menu. LOVE the french fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospheregcorkranDined on 6/23/2014Had a great girls night out even brought the children. We sat outside on the patio, service was wonderful, food was excellent and everyone enjoyed it. Thank you.Special Features:
- Always pleasedHowdDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I find the Brasserie Brightwell uniformly good. Our good is excellent, as is the service.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatPhleeVIPDined on 6/20/2014We ate outside this time, taking advantage of the weather.....great ambience except the flies got a bit excited about our food too! The white wine gazpacho was great as we're the Caesar and Maine Lobster salads.....our main stay. Always great to stop here on our way to the beach!Special Features:
- Lucky findRegularsVIPDined on 6/18/2014Only in town for one night and found the Brasserie on Open Table . Glad we did as everything was Top notch .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoonbeamVIPDined on 6/8/2014Service was awfully slow, but the food (especially Mahi Mahi special) was delicious.Special Features:
- Servicerita531Dined on 6/7/2014Food outstanding, waitress not so good. Forgot about us and never brought coffee and forgot to get our dessert order.. She was poor and seemed very distracted. After waiting for 20 minutes she came over and said "oh I put your order in for coffee" and we told her that we wanted dessert but not now and to give us our check. She seemed happy to do so and we did tell her we thought her service wasn't very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual findPsorconDined on 6/7/2014Good food and ambience appropriate to its name. Outdoor area is on a main street, but not overly loud and could be considered in nice weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happened?!!CeserDined on 6/7/2014Up until this last instance, BB had always been great. But, misrepresentation of a premium cut of beef is really uncharacteristic of this establishment. Specifically, I ordered an item an the menu "Beef Fillet" and was served some other sinewy cut that was very tough and resembled grilled brisket. The manager said that it was the cook's representation of "fillet"; and pointed out that the menu did not indicate that the cut was tenderloin. When I see something described as beef fillet, I think tenderloin. I don't think "no bone"; as if I was ordering a piece of fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The bartender was not too experienced. Our waitress was very nice. I had the filet which was delicious, fries that came with it were awesome. The calamari appetizer was really great. The chocolate mouse dessert was whipped too much, which made it heavy, like whipped butter rather than light and fluffy. We sat on the patio and having a traffic intersection on the corner was noisy and distracting. I would suggest putting some potted trees/plants along the fence to improve the outdoor ambience.
- PerfectPrefer2forageDined on 6/5/2014This is a good neighborhood place to relax and enjoy good food, good atmosphere and a lively crowd in a low key and comfortable upbeat environment. Eating outside is always a bonus, too.Special Features:
- brassfanDined on 6/2/2014Let me add to the above that the staff are friendly, smart, attractive, and attentive, and the chefs top-notch. Truly a gem, the Brasserie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...eat insidePagerDined on 5/31/2014We ate outside on a beautiful windless night and the flies were a nuisance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation dinner with familygator1466Dined on 5/29/2014Had eleven of us and they were very accommodating. Waitress did a good job handling the large party. Assortment of food served and everyone was more than pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular & Great foodMarginallyUsefulVIPDined on 5/17/2014We've had a few dinners at this informal brasserie and enjoyed all of them. The setting is casual but pleasant, there's a nice patio with many tables when the weather's nice, it's reasonably priced, and the service is good (but not really polished). The kitchen is what wins the raves: well-prepared bistro fare (from salads to great burgers and chicken sandwiches, terrific fries, and steaks and fish); there should be something to please everyone in your group. Thus, it's deservedly popular and Saturday night reservations in the season are tough to get. The Motown music is too loud and intrusive, and not everyone is a Motown fan.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Everything about this place is going to make it a regular place for us and our friends. The food was wonderful. Service was very good. Had a good wine list and scotch selection and beer selection.Special Features:
- Yummy!DiFaceDined on 5/9/2014First time there and we were NOT disappointed! We tried a couple of their specials and they were amazing-Crab Cakes and Calf's Liver to be specific. Whenever in town again will make it a point to try a dish or two!Special Features:
- Nice eveningEurokronerDined on 5/6/2014Went by myself at 5:15 on a Tuesday night. Just a few patrons inside as it was so early so it was nice and quiet. More patrons outside on the patio. I heard a couple near me say that they ate there over the weekend and it was quite loud because it was packed. The food was delicious! I had the beet salad and the fish special for the day - Mahi Mahi. My side was the crispy brussell sprouts. They were good but some were a wee bit burned. I love the bar area when you walk in - may have to bring my Ipad and sit there and read and have a nice glass of wine. I normally drink Red but they have a really nice Chenin Blanc on the menu!Special Features:
- Another great meal!donthave2cookDined on 5/3/2014Six adults out for a family Birthday Celebration - and Brasserie did not disappoint! The noise level was pretty high for the first part of the meal, but once the party of 20 behind us left, it was definitely more acceptable. The food was outstanding and at a High-end restaurant level. Ambience was that of a neighborhood gathering place; comfortable. Pricing is at the higher end, but the food is definitely worth it!Special Features:
- Again!PhleeVIPDined on 5/2/2014Stopped in again on our way to the beach....love the new Chilled White Gazpacho! Even better than last summer's Watermelon Gazpacho...didn't think that would be possible. Other than the Gazpacho, we stuck with our tried and true late evening lighter fare of Serrano Ham appy and Maine Lobster Salad and Caesar Salad. I can't get enough of that Maine Lobster Salad!! Service was friendly and very good, the restaurant was very busy 7:30. Can't wait til our next trip to the beach!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved this place!LoveBrightwells1246Dined on 4/26/2014I went with 6 friends for a Mom'a night out and every one of us LOVED Brightwells !!! Fantastic food, both appetizers and main courses, wonderful ambience both indoor and outdoor!! All 7 would recommend it to everyone!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 187 reviews are from the Brasserie Brightwell reviews archive.
- Anniversary Dinnergator1466Dined on 4/22/2014Great dinner with my wife for our anniversary. Mahi Mahi was great as well as the grilled clams. Always have a good selection of beer or wine.Special Features:
- Great stop in Easton!misterphotographerDined on 4/20/2014We were delighted to find this wonderful restaurant in Easton for our trip down the Eastern Shore. Our waiter, Frank, was great! Brunch menu had nice options for breakfast. Love the decor. Easy parking. Will definitely return for dinner!Special Features:
- Love the new menu!mjdolDined on 4/19/2014Boy...hard to choose the small plates over the entrees...the new menu is AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!JanPDined on 4/19/2014Great service - friendly, well-trained staff made our first dinner there very delightful. Food was also very good. Crabcakes and beet salad were the highlights. Would definitely go back.
- Exceeds ExpectationsTravelerDined on 4/18/2014This is great addition to the Eastern Shore restaurant scene. The menu choices are a combination of innovative presentations and very nicely presented customary plates. As its name implies, French dishes are well represented on the menu, but not overly so. Portions are ample, not skimpy. Service is excellent with knowledgeable, helpful staff.Special Features:
- Date NightRetiredDined on 4/12/2014Great place to go with husband on date night. Enjoyed eating outsideSpecial Features:
- Paris in Easton5july1937VIPDined on 4/10/2014A beautifully decorated casual restaurant with superb wine, food and service. Who could ask for more ?Special Features:
- Old StanbyeNewEastonianDined on 4/4/2014Brasserie Brightwell is a just a good spot for when nothing else seems to fit. Great outdoor seating in warm weather, good happy hour specials and a nice ambiance are all highlights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.