206 North Washington Street
Easton, MD 21601Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://brasseriebrightwell.com/
- Phone: 4108193838x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wed - Sun, 11:30am - 3pm
Dinner: Mon - Sun, 5pm - 9pm, open to 10pm Fri & Sat
Happy Hour: Wed - Sun, 3 - 7pm everyday, & Fri, Sat 9 - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brendan Keegan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Contact Theresa Metelski for details on off-site catering.
- Entertainment: Live Music each Saturday on the Patio with Outside Bar, in season.
- Special Events: Patio available during warmer months
A word from Brasserie Brightwell
A converted garage features soaring ceilings, garage doors that open onto the patio and outside bar, with a wood fired grill, raw bar and a vast craft beer list all make for the hottest restaurant on the Eastern Shore. A nice dinner for two or a quick burger at the open kitchen counter, you can always count on great food, friendly service and fun. Opened in November 2010, Brasserie Brightwell is located in the Easton Market Square at 206 North Washington Street in historic Easton, MD and serves French-inspired cuisine with an American twist. Owned/ operated by brothers-in-law Chef Brendan Keegan & Brian Fox of 208 Talbot fame, and Bob Yabroff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Brasserie Brightwell - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
Brasserie Brightwell reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (34)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (18)special occasion (14)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)notable wine list (9)romantic (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014This was my first time there and it was worth it. I sampled food from friends plates too and it was all wonderful. My Venison was way under-cooked but the flavor was still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experiencebmwriderDined on 10/25/2014We dined at Brasserie Brightwell during a recent trip to Easton, MD. We had lunch one afternoon and came back a couple of days later for dinner. Both meals were very good, lunch was a very relaxing experience. Saturday night dinner was also nice but the restaurant was much busier, as one would expect. The grilled trout and salman we had for diner was some of the best prepared fish we have ever experienced. I was a little disappointed in the cauliflower side dish I orderd but the entrees made up for that. Excellent experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food, Fun VenueMarginallyUsefulVIPDined on 10/24/2014Our third dinner here...each time the food has been outstanding (salmon fresh and perfectly grilled, amazing burgers and fries, soups and salads delicious). Typical brasserie fare so the menu is broad enough to satisfy anyone. It's an informal, fun and somewhat noisy restaurant (so if you are looking for an elegant and quiet experience this isn't the place). The outdoor patio is nice during the warm season but unfortunately it overlooks a very boring street and parking lot. Reasonably priced given the high quality of the food.Special Features:
- A real chef is in that kitchen!dinefineleeDined on 10/24/2014I had the bone-in porkchop and the roasted brussel sprouts. the chop was cooked perfectly, moist and delicious and HUGE...16oz, which was enough for my husband and me to have the following night! The sprouts were crispy delicious. I don't eat pork often but when I do it is this chop at Brasserie Brightwell...love this chop and those sprouts. The wait person was cordial, helpful, and appropriately attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Overall, this restaurant experience was good. We were seated immediately, and the food was good. Pricing was reasonable for the quantity and quality of food. Very upbeat friendly environment.Special Features:
- Quick responseMerrDined on 10/12/2014In a "made to order" restaurant, one trick you should learn and teach your servers is this phrase "since we make everything to order, the food may come out staggered so we can serve you the hottest and freshest food possible". Food in a restaurant like this should NEVER sit in the window waiting for the entire table.to be ready. This is what happened to us and then all of our food was less than tepid. It was very disappointing. However, the bright spot was how it was handled. They were sympathetic, understanding and generous in their response. This may spark us to give them another shot (on a very slow night).Special Features:
- Warm and WelcomingLuvEasternShore2Dined on 10/11/2014Brassiere Brightwell always consistent. We were early; very busy but hostess did her best to seat us ahead of our reservation time. Enjoyed happy hour while waiting. Hostess succeeded seating us early. Oysters delicious. BB steak salad the Best. Waitress very attentive and very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2014The open fired grill prOduced great tasting meats. The grilled beef and pork chops were very tasty. Nice young lady as our waitress. Will return and recommend to my friends. Nice beer and wine selections to complement the food.Special Features:
- Frequent diners at BrightwellsEatoutalotVIPDined on 9/19/2014Started with grilled oysters and shared these. Delicious though I prefer raw oysters. My wife had her usual burger with a variety of topings including their home made, thinly sliced pickles! A nice touch. I had their brisket of the day with a chili side sauce. Excellent. Service was very good and attentive, though we sat outside on their porch.Special Features:
- Night outRetiredDined on 9/13/2014Good food. Friendly service..it is a great place to eat outside..inside can be somewhat loudSpecial Features:
- Easton's FinestcolmarDined on 9/12/2014Britewell is the place where you can bring your family, girlfriends, and have an intimate date with your hubby. The food is always delicious and the specials are constantly changing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Easton FavoriteBuckeyeVIPDined on 9/12/2014Brasserie Brightwell is a favorite for my wife & I, whether it is for happy hour or a romantic dinner. The food is always delicious, and the service attentive. I had the special tonight, red snapper, and it is the best fish I have had in quite awhile. They even had one of our favorite zinfandel's on the wine list - it made the dinner perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We especially like being able to bring our dog when we eat on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in EastonCrownsvilleDinerDined on 8/31/2014If you have not yet found the Brasserie, you must do so. this place is interesting in décor, friendly and professional in service and excellent in food. expect some innovation and some standards all executed to perfection. the wine list is broad and well-priced and wines by the glass are pricey but very good. Check the daily specials. At least one will be super! We have dined here four times and it keeps getting better.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Another great find in Easton. Excellent food, on par with Mason's, Scossa, Bistro St. Michaels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than last timeLocalVIPDined on 8/15/2014The weather was great, we sat outside. Caesar salads were good but nothing special. The crispy fried oysters were wonderful as were the curried deviled eggs. The "bistro" filet was an unfortunate cut of beef that bears no resemblance to tenderloin. It was a tough and textured slab of I'm not sure what. As a previous comment noted - it was disappointing if not misleading on the menu. The "frites" fried potatoes were tasty. For dessert, tiramisu was the winner. The blueberry crumble was tasty but nothing special. The most annoying part of this experience came a day later when Brassierie Brightwell had reported that we were a "no show" for our reservation. This has been resolved but being labeled a dead beat has left a bad taste.
- First time visitlpita10Dined on 8/11/2014This was my first time here! Good menu selection and food was prepared exactly as requested. We sat outside b/c it was such a nice evening. Was nice to sit outside but it is next to a somewhat busy road, so when load trucks went by it was hard to hear. They have a nice bar outside, so I would def like to go back for happy hr too at some point.Special Features:
- reliably excellentamylathropDined on 8/10/2014if you want quiet, sit outside. the specials are always excellent. the staff is attentive and interested in providing a good evening.Special Features:
- WonderfulDisappointedDined on 8/2/2014Creative menu with many wood fired selections and specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the wifegator1466VIPDined on 8/1/2014Snapper special was great and server was very attentive. Tried two different ales and both were very good. We have dined here numerous times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Superb!KlondikeVonTrappeDined on 7/26/2014Another fabulous experience! Managed to grab a last minute reservation on Open Table and was absolutely delighted. The scene was excellent, good crowd on a beautiful night. I got a great beer recommendation from one of the very knowledgeable bar tenders and he delivered with a perfect cider which is typically not my choice but he nailed it. Started with some Curried Deviled Eggs that were out of this world and then went with the perfectly cooked Steakhouse burger with bacon and morbier chesse. I could have had a pound of the bacon stand alone and it would have been a great meal, it is all cured in house.. Incredible... The evening was capped off with a great band on the patio. These guys know how to do it right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeYummyDined on 7/18/2014Excellent overall, although a bit noisy. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Karen978Dined on 7/18/2014We are very familiar with the restaurant so generally knew what to expect. The food is predictably good most of the time. I had three small plates, two of which were excellent. One, the duck confit, was way too salty. The wait staff we had failed to advise us of the day's specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerftptstDined on 7/5/2014Our family of five ("children" are teens and young twenties") has enjoyed several meals at this vibrant restaurant. The patio can be lovely but there is frequently live music which is too loud for talking. We only have eaten outside on one occasion. My belief is that the prime tables are inside where talking can be a part of the dining experience. The dining room is cozy in the winter. The decor is very consistent with a French bistro. The service is slow, often uncomfortably slow, yet friendly. But the food is fabulous. The grilled meats and sides are extraordinary and so generous that only our energetic younger family members have room for appetizers too. Overall, a very nice restaurant in the spirit of the Eastern Shore.I would recommend this to a friend.
- N2FabFoodN2FabFoodVIPDined on 7/4/2014A real treat - Went to Easton for week-end - Happened upon BrBistro and loved it. Food was great, although fried green tomatoes had too much batter which masked flavor of such a delicate southern treat. Wine pours were very skimpy - especially for house wine and otherwise loved the experience. Will certainly recommend to friend and come back when in the area.Special Features:
- The following 209 reviews are from the Brasserie Brightwell reviews archive.
- acufoodieDined on 6/29/2014too much traffic noise on the outdoor patio , otherwise great findSpecial Features:
- Never disappointing!ArleneDined on 6/28/2014We have taken many guests here, and the food is always yummy! Some different things on the menu. LOVE the french fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospheregcorkranDined on 6/23/2014Had a great girls night out even brought the children. We sat outside on the patio, service was wonderful, food was excellent and everyone enjoyed it. Thank you.Special Features:
- Always pleasedHowdDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I find the Brasserie Brightwell uniformly good. Our good is excellent, as is the service.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatPhleeVIPDined on 6/20/2014We ate outside this time, taking advantage of the weather.....great ambience except the flies got a bit excited about our food too! The white wine gazpacho was great as we're the Caesar and Maine Lobster salads.....our main stay. Always great to stop here on our way to the beach!Special Features:
- Lucky findRegularsVIPDined on 6/18/2014Only in town for one night and found the Brasserie on Open Table . Glad we did as everything was Top notch .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoonbeamVIPDined on 6/8/2014Service was awfully slow, but the food (especially Mahi Mahi special) was delicious.Special Features:
- Servicerita531Dined on 6/7/2014Food outstanding, waitress not so good. Forgot about us and never brought coffee and forgot to get our dessert order.. She was poor and seemed very distracted. After waiting for 20 minutes she came over and said "oh I put your order in for coffee" and we told her that we wanted dessert but not now and to give us our check. She seemed happy to do so and we did tell her we thought her service wasn't very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual findPsorconDined on 6/7/2014Good food and ambience appropriate to its name. Outdoor area is on a main street, but not overly loud and could be considered in nice weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happened?!!CeserDined on 6/7/2014Up until this last instance, BB had always been great. But, misrepresentation of a premium cut of beef is really uncharacteristic of this establishment. Specifically, I ordered an item an the menu "Beef Fillet" and was served some other sinewy cut that was very tough and resembled grilled brisket. The manager said that it was the cook's representation of "fillet"; and pointed out that the menu did not indicate that the cut was tenderloin. When I see something described as beef fillet, I think tenderloin. I don't think "no bone"; as if I was ordering a piece of fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014The bartender was not too experienced. Our waitress was very nice. I had the filet which was delicious, fries that came with it were awesome. The calamari appetizer was really great. The chocolate mouse dessert was whipped too much, which made it heavy, like whipped butter rather than light and fluffy. We sat on the patio and having a traffic intersection on the corner was noisy and distracting. I would suggest putting some potted trees/plants along the fence to improve the outdoor ambience.
- PerfectPrefer2forageVIPDined on 6/5/2014This is a good neighborhood place to relax and enjoy good food, good atmosphere and a lively crowd in a low key and comfortable upbeat environment. Eating outside is always a bonus, too.Special Features:
- brassfanDined on 6/2/2014Let me add to the above that the staff are friendly, smart, attractive, and attentive, and the chefs top-notch. Truly a gem, the Brasserie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...eat insidePagerDined on 5/31/2014We ate outside on a beautiful windless night and the flies were a nuisance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation dinner with familygator1466VIPDined on 5/29/2014Had eleven of us and they were very accommodating. Waitress did a good job handling the large party. Assortment of food served and everyone was more than pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.