1101 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brasseriebeck.com/
- Phone: 2024081717x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-5pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5pm-11pm, Friday & Saturday 5pm-11:30pm & Sunday 4pm-9pm
Brunch/Lunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, French
- Executive Chef: Robert Wiedmaier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Brasserie Beck celebrates Belgian National Day July 21st.
A word from Brasserie Beck
Chef/Owner Robert Wiedmaier of Marcel's opens a casual, contemporary brasserie named after his younger son. The stunning space features an open steel and glass kitchen visible from three sides, set across from a unique family-style chef's table, dramatic 22-foot ceilings and a raw bar located at the end of a grand marble and walnut bar featuring an array of Belgian beers on tap to complement his French Belgian fare. Expansive outdoor patio is open April thru October. REAL certified by the US Healthful Food CouncilContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Brasserie Beck - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Brasserie Beck reviews from OpenTable diners
392 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (219)fit for foodies (188)special occasion (130)great for lunch (102)good for groups (101)notable wine list (92)neighborhood gem (80)romantic (80)great for brunch (76)vibrant bar scene (61)hot spot (55)late-night find (22)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (8)Show More
- Belgium on K StreetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Traveling solo on business to Washington DC and asked my colleagues about "that beer place" they always rave about. Little did I know that I would be treated to a full on Belgian bistro. From the moment you walk in, it feels like you are in a small place in Belgium. The decor, the open kitchen, the specials on a chalkboard... add the curly script on the text on the chalkboard and it could be Europe. Belgian beer list is large, but manageable with descriptions by category for novices. Special draft beers of the day as well as food. I had the Tuesday night special of Steak a Poivre. Excellent strip steak, massively dusted with black pepper, cooked to a perfect medium rare and covered with a red and green peppercorn dusted Poivre sauceSpecial Features:
- Must go in DCSBvisitorDined on 8/19/2014The food is beyond amazing, but pricey. Try the Mediterranean Mussles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I have ever eaten!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014Lovely restaurant, pricey, but worth every penny. Great service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustandingbhobbs63Dined on 8/18/2014Brasserie Beck is one of our "go to" places when we have special friends or visitors in town. We lucked out on our recent visit as the weather provided just the right reason to dine outside. As always, the beer menu is fantastic, the food is prepared to perfection and the wait staff is attentive and welcoming.Special Features:
- Excellent authentic European charmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Excellent experience: outstanding efficient charming service from Frederique of Brittany !; authentic Euro ambiance; very good food and very accommodating vegan friendly. Very nice outside in good weather. Highly recommend. Merci beaucoup, dank u wel, I'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Indeed, there is foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014I was extremely impressed with my dining experience at Brasserie Beck. The food was amazing and oh so delicious. Our server was very attentive and even though it was 92 degrees outside, they did their best to accommodate our outside seating preferenceSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceMKL2DVIPDined on 8/16/2014What a Wonderful experience for my family from Morocco that I had at the Beck. Even though the timing was off when it comes to serving the appetizers or the main courses at the same time, Our Server was impeccable, the decor is Bistro rustic style which is welcoming. The food my god, from the starters to the main and let's not forget the dessert it was perfectly produced. I will definitely go again when I around DC area.Special Features:
- Great Gem of a RestaurantPerkDined on 8/16/2014Perfect for outdoor or indoor dining. Also a great bar as well. The service is great and the ambience is sleek, yet romantic. It's a great place for a romantic dinner. The food is exotic and exceptional. The wine list is diverse. The location is in a nice part of DC and fairly quiet. Loved the experience and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more of the samefourchetteDined on 8/16/2014I was at Brasserie Beck last Restaurant Week 2014, I enjoyed so much that I was looking forward to come back for this August Restaurant Week. I was looking forward to try new dishes, see new items on the menu. I was a little disappointed to see the same menu. The service staffs did not event provide the Restaurant Week menu until I asked. While the food is still good, it was a little disappointed to see nothing new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice beer, fantastic fries...RapunzelDined on 8/15/2014...shame about the rest though. We liked the other Brasserie Beck when we had lunch there recently but this one didn't grab us quite so much. The food was ok but nothing special, except for those fries, which were unbelievably good. The carbonade needed to cook for longer to soften the meat. The meat balls (starter) were just a bit too rich (and large). The brussels sprouts seemed to have been forgotten in their pan. The salad was quite nice.Special Features:
- Disappointed upon arrivalBMoreHungry89Dined on 8/15/2014Because Restaurant Week brought me in but come to find out, they weren't participating in Restaurant Week (at least on that Friday night). Anyway, the menu was great- BF and I tend to frequent a lot of French/Belgian style restaurants and I found the steak, frites, and mussels here to be the best I have. Our server, Amil(?) disappeared for a while after giving us the dessert menu but surprised us with an extra scoop of ice cream to share and was actually just perfect throughout our entire meal. We paid a reasonable amount for 2 entrees (we wanted room for dessert), an inexpensive bottle of wine, a scotch + ice cream. We live on 14th st surrounded by 873 always crowded joints and it's nice to know such a great spot is just down te road.Special Features:
- Good food - nasty stench outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014We went here on 15 August and sat outside.Food and beer were top notch. Grilled octopus was amazing. service started well...but quality dropped off significantly when we were done with dinner and some friends joined for drinks. And there was a terrible smell of sewage that kept wafting thru and when we complained the server said it happens often and they need to pour ice cold water into a drain cover nearby. Now we assumed he would do so...but no attempt to do so. A pity that this made is leave earlier than we wanted to! We were celebrating my 40th birthday and we did not want the memory of a drain/foul smell to stay in our minds - but guess it did! Next time we'll stick to Mussel Bar by same group.
- Delicious DiningjsandersDined on 8/15/2014I had a fantastic first-time dining experience for Brasserie Beck. The servers were attentive, and I savored every morsel of each course. I would DEFINITELY come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beck's is BestmjboomerDined on 8/15/2014Of course, it was restaurant week but the service and food were beyond expectationsSpecial Features:
- Overall a good restaurantApinksDined on 8/14/2014I went there after work for dinner with a couple of friends. The mussels (spicy Red Thai Curry) and cocktails were great, but the macaroons were below standard. The wait staff started out with a lot of energy, but then it got busy and the service went downhill. Overall, a good experience. I would not recommend going there if you do not have too much time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visited During Restaurant WeekTink65Dined on 8/14/2014Yummy! Great Restaurant Week menu/deal. Absolutely loved the veal mushrooms...already told friends how great they were. And, the outdoor seating and service was lovely!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okwent4musselsDined on 8/13/2014Went here on a Wednesday night, hostess was lifeless, waiter was very good and informative. We sat outside because the weather was beautiful. If your looking for romantic, you should probably stay inside, very noisy right on K Street. Had the classic mussels to start, we shared a large order. They were ok, not terrible, but nothing I'd go back for. My date's salmon came out very undercooked and had to be sent back. I had the lamb which was very good. We each had two glasses of wine. Overall it was nothing memorable and for a $200 dinner, there are plenty of other places in the area I'd go to before this one.
- Top NotchBonVivantDined on 8/12/2014I have been going to Beck's for a while now. It's consistently awesome. The hostess always recognizes my party. The waiters are great. The food delish. What else can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 stars until we had dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/12/2014And I love a good dessert; all three at our table were top notch.
- dinerwinerDined on 8/10/2014The food was good, but the service was slow. French fries were out of this world. It was noisy with lots of ambulances and firetrucks passing by.Special Features:
- Great place!HowardDined on 8/9/2014Food was superb, service was perfect (attentive, but not overly done), wine list was impressive (a bit expensive, but you can find some reasonable choices) - can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only fairGoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014Disappointing food. We expected better- especially for the price. Fair service. Excellent wine list. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- Always love Brasserie Beckmarysl88VIPDined on 8/9/2014It was wonderful sitting outside on a beautiful summer night with great friends enjoying delicious mussels, frites and a great selection of beers and wines. Love this place.Special Features:
- Perfect brunchAlwaysistomorrowDined on 8/9/2014Absolutely love this place. Great menu selection for brunch, dinner, etc. Food is always amazing. Exceptional beer & wine list- plenty of Belgian (and other) options. A bit on the pricier end, but you get what you pay for. Service isn't always on point, but not to the extreme of ruining the experience. I'll always love this place.Special Features:
- Mussels!KGF517Dined on 8/8/2014Dinner was great, I had mussels and frites. Frites and sauces were delicious! Boyfriend had the veal special which he said was incredible. I don't get here often, but it's never disappointed. Our server was great, friendly and informative.Special Features:
- Great dining experience !MarthaCritiqueVIPDined on 8/7/2014Brasserie Beck's menu is filled with delicious choices. Always easy to eat large or small plates. The food is consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor customer service but good foodOJDCVIPDined on 8/5/2014Had a 9:30 pm reservation on a Tuesday evening and the hostess was less than pleased to see us. Got a table outside since the weather was nice. Waiter had no clue about the beer selection and recommended stuff that I did not want. Ordered grilled octopus (which I've had here before) and it was done just right. Mediterranean mussels were also very tasty and the chorizo added a nice touch. But the mussels came out while I was still eating the octopus and the restaurant was not that busy but maybe the help wanted to go home. So poor beer recommendations, inattentive service but tasty food. I might go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeidiaDined on 8/5/2014Ambience is great! Nevertheless, food is a little bit to expensive for what you get. Taste was not as good as I expected to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly slow serviceEatsoutalotDined on 8/5/2014I have been to Brasserie Beck before and generally enjoyed the food and ambience. This most recent outing was marred by incredibly slow service and forgotten orders. On a not particularly crowded evening it took 2 hours and 15 minutes for the full experience which amounted to one round of appetizers and our entrees. Long delays were everywhere: between drink service, between courses, and a 15 minute wait to be brought a bill. In addition, our server needed to be reminded twice about a drink refill and side order before bringing them. Still like the food but it will be a long time before I pay Brasserie Beck's prices to be ignored.Special Features:
- Tasty Muscles and friescprin6VIPDined on 8/5/2014This place had much more casual options among the high-end items, which was great for lunch. Price tag is on the high side - lunch for 6 was 400. But it's got a lovely interior, staff is very nice, and the food was tasty. Everything was just shy of knock your socks off - service had been great and then took a long time to get plates cleared. Nobody came again once the bill was dropped. Food was good, but not amazing.Special Features:
- Mmm.cccjDined on 8/4/2014Delicious, as always. The mussels are the best thing on the menu - it's not worth getting anything else. (That said, everything else is pretty good as well...but the mussels stand out.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsTony65yVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food and service is always excellent. I've been going there for years for lunch and dinner. Consistency is one thing this places carries well.Special Features:
- great dinner al frescorebeccaofdcVIPDined on 8/2/2014As previous times, the seafood and wine were wonderful. A terrific restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv3dineDined on 8/2/2014Went there for mussels which were minute in size - Very disappointing. The salmon entrée was ordered med-rare and came well done with a vegetable accompaniment slathered in the vinaigrette dressing - almost inedible. The peanut butter "parfait" was a small round cheese cake with a chocolate cake base and chocolate glaze. The peanut butter flavor was very subtle. The coffee was weak.
- Lovely patio dining & great musselsjandersonDined on 8/2/2014We started with the cheese plate and I was pleasantly surprised by the serving sizes. Very hearty slices of the three cheeses and all of them were delicious! I tried the Mediterranean Mussels at the suggestion of our waiter and they did not disappoint. Amazing broth and perfectly cooked! My husband had the Lamb porterhouse (Saturday special) and he seemed very happy with his selection. They have a nice selection of Belgian beers on tap but an even larger selection in bottles to choose from. We dined outside and had good service and a very low key atmosphere as the area is rather quiet on weekends. Overall, excellent food and service and i'd definitely dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as previousRedRiver6Dined on 8/2/2014This was our fourth time to dine here. The staff were very accommodating when we arrived a bit early. I had the steak frittes and my wife the mussels. My steak as flavorful and tender. The mussels left something to be desired, as they came in a strange cheese sauce that wasn't described in the menu. The sauce didn't agree with her so I'll have to down grade the food rating this time.
- Very Enjoyable Meal!dinnerandaplayDined on 8/2/2014Brasserie Beck is conveniently located just a few blocks walk from our play venue and easily stroll from the subway. We ate outside as the weather was absolutely perfect for it. The lamb was delicious, moist and flavorful. The service was very good and our selections came in a timely manner. We never felt neither rushed nor left waiting between courses. They have a nice wine list and upon asking had even more wine choices. The caramelized brussel sprouts were disappointingly dry, but this was the only downside to the meal. I really want to try a selection or two from their dessert menu next time so we will likely try this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Delicious!aaronhoodDined on 8/1/2014I took my mom here while she was in town and we shared the spinach salad, the charcuterie plate, grilled octopus, and moules frite. The food was all prepared excellently but the grilled octopus appetizer stood out. I highly recommend it and will be back for more.Special Features:
- Great beer selection. Solid musselsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/1/2014Great beer selection. Solid mussels, steak and other mainsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new to go Place.awsomeDined on 7/31/2014The food was good but the service was spotless, wine list is extensive with a lots of affordable prices in Washington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.