1101 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brasseriebeck.com/
- Phone: 2024081717x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-5pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5pm-11pm, Friday & Saturday 5pm-11:30pm & Sunday 4pm-9pm
Brunch/Lunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, French
- Executive Chef: Robert Wiedmaier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Brasserie Beck celebrates Belgian National Day July 21st.
A word from Brasserie Beck
Chef/Owner Robert Wiedmaier of Marcel's opens a casual, contemporary brasserie named after his younger son. The stunning space features an open steel and glass kitchen visible from three sides, set across from a unique family-style chef's table, dramatic 22-foot ceilings and a raw bar located at the end of a grand marble and walnut bar featuring an array of Belgian beers on tap to complement his French Belgian fare. Expansive outdoor patio is open April thru October. REAL certified by the US Healthful Food CouncilContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Brasserie Beck - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Brasserie Beck reviews from OpenTable diners
329 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (173)fit for foodies (164)special occasion (101)good for groups (88)notable wine list (81)great for lunch (75)romantic (69)neighborhood gem (68)great for brunch (51)vibrant bar scene (47)hot spot (37)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- Great service!AnnFDined on 9/27/2014My boyfriend and I came here before a show. We were running a little late and let our waitress know, and she was very responsive and appreciated the heads up. We were ahead of the dinner rush so our waitress was able to speed our meal (drinks, appetizer, and two entrees) along. The mushroom mussels may be my new favorite!Special Features:
- outstanding in every waykoikutieDined on 9/26/2014exceeded our expectations in every way - however, if you do not like the smell of exhaust and sewer, I wouldn't recommend the patio...Special Features:
- wilderprospectDined on 9/26/2014A very enjoyable evening dining al fresco with two of my teenagers and a friend. We enjoyed three courses, had good wine, great service. Will enjoy doing it again.Special Features:
- great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014The veal T-bone was delicious, and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014I've never had a bad experience at Brasserie Beck, and this visit was no different. The food was excellent, our waiter was reliable and friendly, I'm a happy customer! I will definitely be coming back for another visit.Special Features:
- Perfect Experience1stdatechittersDined on 9/23/2014Took a first date there. The service was excellent. The food was great. The server was friendly and helped me make a great impression to my date. I would highly recommend this restaurant. I'm going back there as soon as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ard12VIPDined on 9/20/2014The location was convineient, the bar service a bit slow but drinks were good. Food was great, service was fantastic. Our waiter was extremely accomadating. Outside was a bit loud with street noise but a lovely night & generally pleasant ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service.MartinR4961Dined on 9/20/2014This time tried the evening special lamb chateaubriand (I think it was called that). The meat was very tender, cooked exactly to medium rare. The legumes with the meal were rather light as it was almost like a thin pancake under the meat so in reality it was like getting 90% meat and 10% veg. The meat portion was a bit small for $32 but the taste was good. The dessert was the gaufre Liege which was tasty and good. Service was excellent and will be coming back when I return to Washington DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed third visitLadyTravelBugVIPDined on 9/20/2014This was our third visit to the restaurant and this was by far, the least positive experience we've had. We ordered a whole order of mussels to share. The broth on the mussels were too salty. It wasn't like that the past couple of times. The bread that came with it was barely warm, and was a bit stiff, like it was sitting out for awhile. It used to be that the bread came out warm, crusty on the outside, but soft on the inside. The waiter was inattentive. One of the legs of our table was not balanced, so the waiter said he'd be back to fix it but he never did. We saw him chatting away with another co-worker by a station. He never bothered to ask if we wanted to see the dessert menu or if we wanted coffee.
- Sadly it has changedDogntowDined on 9/19/2014This used gone my favorite place in DC and when we returned after 2 years overseas it was the first night out I chose. Sadly both the quality of food and service have declined dramatically. A few examples: we had a dozed, mixed oysters as recommended by the server....they were simply dropped off with no explanation of which were which. We had steak and frites, both cuts of meat were the chewiest steaks we've had (medium and medium-rare). We had a $100 bottle of wine that after the first glass was poured, we had to pour ourselves all evening. The worst part of the evening however was when we asked the hostess if she could call us a cab...her response was "oh just go out on the street one will come by". Never again.
- Great business dinnerSeasideBettyDined on 9/18/2014Colleagues and I shared mussels, endive salad, and the cheese plate and it was all delicious. The wait staff was attentive, and dealt with all the ways we split the check with grace and good humor (we could not expense the fabulous bottle of wine a few of us shared). I would definitely go here again.Special Features:
- Excellent service.MartinR4961Dined on 9/18/2014Tried the mussels with mushrooms which is what I ordered a year ago and had become the benchmark for all other mussels tried in restaurants in Europe and North America! This time the sauce was much thinner, almost like a very thin cream or milk rather than a thick cream and the flavour weaker. The taste was still good but it went from a five star to a three. The Thai mussels were good, but once again the sauce was thin and watery which is rather unusual for a restaurant like this with such a high standing. Service was outstanding and will try the restaurant in the near future. Wish the best for the staff there. Bon appetit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixednotagainVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food was wonderful, however, the service was the worst I have had this year. We were given bread and water when we were seated but did not see a waiter for over 40 minutes. I finally went to the host stand to ask for a waiter and then waited an additional ten minutes. Have not had this experience3 at other restaurants in this group, but will not go again.
- Special Request ExpertsTastyTreatsDined on 9/13/2014This is the second time the staff at Brasserie Beck made a specific dish just for us. It was not on the menu, and they were still able to create my husbands favorite entree. This place is top on our DC restaurant list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer selectionAtownOriginalDined on 9/12/2014Wonderful Belgian beers on tap. I had the steak-frites which was delicious. The cheese plate was amazing as well. Server was efficient and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Belgian BasicsStephenVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is perhaps the best place in DC for mussels and French fries. The raw seafood is always good. While the raw clams were small, they had a fresh taste that did not disappoint. The wine list is very good, if pricy; the beers are excellent! They took steak tartar off the menu, a shame since it used to be excellent. Let's hope they bring it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food delicious, service atrociouseatdrinkenjoyDined on 9/12/2014Everyone loved the food: tuna tartare, veal meatballs, onion soup, white wine mussels, swordfish, steak frites, did I mention the frites??? We enjoyed the food immensely and want to back but probably won't. Aside from being promptly seated when we arrived for our reservation, the service was just awful. It took forever to get menus, and then drinks. When the drinks finally arrived, one drink was missing. No explanation and the person delivering the drinks disappeared before we could even ask. Our server was visibly irritated with us when we asked about the missing drink and for the rest of the meal, seemed entirely put upon by having to deal with us? I had read that service was poor and sadly, those reviews were spot on. Too bad.Special Features:
- Still going strongHedgehogVIPDined on 9/9/2014The Belgian mini-wave may have crested, but based on a recent dinner Brasserie Beck has solidified its place in the universe as a center for creative and high quality cooking (plus a stellar beer list and fantastic frites). "Breakfast" radish appetizer is a sleeper - simple ingredients and great balance of flavors and textures. House-cured salmon is outstanding. And of course lots of original presentations of the key national mollusk, the humble mussel. All in all, a distinctive dining experience.Special Features:
- Delicious MusselspeteytcDined on 9/7/2014I shared two types of mussels with my guest and both were delicious. I loved the Wild Mushroom mussels and they were the best mussels I have had in DC, ever! The service was not great. It was not bad, but the waiter was very formal and that is not my scene. I would rather have an engaging waiter than one that calls me Monsieur and my friend Madame. Be great if he lightened up. Also it took a little longer than I woudl expect to get the wine delivered after we ordered it. Overall, I did love the place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014It almost took 15 mins for a waiter to bring beers. Odd smell probably from sewage was bothersome for outside dining. Food was excellent. I would choose inside next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestAcedVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food was wonderful octopus and snapper were great. Service was horrible kitchen forgot the side dish for our fish and our dessert never arrived. Food was going to the wrong tables. Waitress had to many tables we were waiting for wine
- Couldn't be more pleasedlobdotboobooDined on 9/5/2014I brought a group from out of town to Brasserie Beck on Friday and everyone loved it! We had great service, loved the ambiance and our food was delicious. You must get the brussel sprouts (weird recomendation, but they are AMAZING!) Thank you for the awesome experience Brasserie Beck! I look forward to going back again.Special Features:
- Anticlimactic honeymoon endOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014We had our hopes up for an incredible end to our honeymoon in DC with a dinner at Brasserie Beck. Despite indicating the special occasion in the notes on OpenTable, the occasion wasn't acknowledged by any member of the staff, not even a congratulations. We found out after the fact that a member of the wedding party had even spoken with the manager earlier in the day about our special evening and he'd assured he'd do something special for us. What a shame, it could've been the perfect spot to end our stay. Instead, it's a place we'll never go back to.
- My new go-to restaurant in DCTravelerDined on 9/4/2014Wonderful Belgian brews crafted with love. Onion-shallot soup had surprising complexity. Mussels in a rich red sauce perfect size for an entire portion and delicious. Three Sancerres to choose from -- where do you see that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As AlwaysCB00VIPDined on 9/4/2014I love BB - the food is consistently excellent and the service superb. It can get noisy but there is the small private dining room in the back and a few tables tucked into corners that work if you want to actually talk to your dining companions (if you want quiet at dinner time avoid the bar area t as it can get VERY noisy) But why quibble....just go and enjoy the mussels!Special Features:
- Mussels!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014Brasserie Beck is about as good as it gets for mussels. Plus, they have a great selection on tap for Belgian beers to match. Go for the mussels with mushrooms. Schnitzel salad is also a safe bet.Special Features:
- Always excellentdcwineguyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Simply the best place for mussels in the DC area. Outstanding service.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary dinner!digpic1975Dined on 8/31/2014Went there for anniversary. What makes or breaks a restaurant for me is service. This was definitely a "make". Waiter was efficient and non intrusive. Food was outstanding. I had the octopus starter, which is always an adventure as its so hard to cook properly. This was cooked to perfection. Charred on the outside, tender on the inside, on a bed of cucumber with a very tasty vinaigrette. Others in our party had everything from steak to pasta. All well done. Would not hesitate to go back to this restaurant next time we are in town. Very enjoyable evening indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remind Me to Go AgainBexleyVIPDined on 8/25/2014I had not been to Brasserie Beck in a long time. It was a great night to go. Not crowded inside so it wasn't noisy for a change. It can be deafening. So the service was very good. The shrimp and corn ravioli was delicious. Good choice. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belgium on K StreetWiscoDined on 8/19/2014Traveling solo on business to Washington DC and asked my colleagues about "that beer place" they always rave about. Little did I know that I would be treated to a full on Belgian bistro. From the moment you walk in, it feels like you are in a small place in Belgium. The decor, the open kitchen, the specials on a chalkboard... add the curly script on the text on the chalkboard and it could be Europe. Belgian beer list is large, but manageable with descriptions by category for novices. Special draft beers of the day as well as food. I had the Tuesday night special of Steak a Poivre. Excellent strip steak, massively dusted with black pepper, cooked to a perfect medium rare and covered with a red and green peppercorn dusted Poivre sauceSpecial Features:
- Must go in DCSBvisitorDined on 8/19/2014The food is beyond amazing, but pricey. Try the Mediterranean Mussles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I have ever eaten!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014Lovely restaurant, pricey, but worth every penny. Great service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustandingbhobbs63Dined on 8/18/2014Brasserie Beck is one of our "go to" places when we have special friends or visitors in town. We lucked out on our recent visit as the weather provided just the right reason to dine outside. As always, the beer menu is fantastic, the food is prepared to perfection and the wait staff is attentive and welcoming.Special Features:
- Excellent authentic European charmFrancoCajunFoodieDined on 8/18/2014Excellent experience: outstanding efficient charming service from Frederique of Brittany !; authentic Euro ambiance; very good food and very accommodating vegan friendly. Very nice outside in good weather. Highly recommend. Merci beaucoup, dank u wel, I'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Indeed, there is foodHungerPainsDined on 8/17/2014I was extremely impressed with my dining experience at Brasserie Beck. The food was amazing and oh so delicious. Our server was very attentive and even though it was 92 degrees outside, they did their best to accommodate our outside seating preferenceSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceMKL2DVIPDined on 8/16/2014What a Wonderful experience for my family from Morocco that I had at the Beck. Even though the timing was off when it comes to serving the appetizers or the main courses at the same time, Our Server was impeccable, the decor is Bistro rustic style which is welcoming. The food my god, from the starters to the main and let's not forget the dessert it was perfectly produced. I will definitely go again when I around DC area.Special Features:
- Great Gem of a RestaurantPerkDined on 8/16/2014Perfect for outdoor or indoor dining. Also a great bar as well. The service is great and the ambience is sleek, yet romantic. It's a great place for a romantic dinner. The food is exotic and exceptional. The wine list is diverse. The location is in a nice part of DC and fairly quiet. Loved the experience and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more of the samefourchetteDined on 8/16/2014I was at Brasserie Beck last Restaurant Week 2014, I enjoyed so much that I was looking forward to come back for this August Restaurant Week. I was looking forward to try new dishes, see new items on the menu. I was a little disappointed to see the same menu. The service staffs did not event provide the Restaurant Week menu until I asked. While the food is still good, it was a little disappointed to see nothing new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice beer, fantastic fries...RapunzelDined on 8/15/2014...shame about the rest though. We liked the other Brasserie Beck when we had lunch there recently but this one didn't grab us quite so much. The food was ok but nothing special, except for those fries, which were unbelievably good. The carbonade needed to cook for longer to soften the meat. The meat balls (starter) were just a bit too rich (and large). The brussels sprouts seemed to have been forgotten in their pan. The salad was quite nice.Special Features:
- Disappointed upon arrivalBMoreHungry89Dined on 8/15/2014Because Restaurant Week brought me in but come to find out, they weren't participating in Restaurant Week (at least on that Friday night). Anyway, the menu was great- BF and I tend to frequent a lot of French/Belgian style restaurants and I found the steak, frites, and mussels here to be the best I have. Our server, Amil(?) disappeared for a while after giving us the dessert menu but surprised us with an extra scoop of ice cream to share and was actually just perfect throughout our entire meal. We paid a reasonable amount for 2 entrees (we wanted room for dessert), an inexpensive bottle of wine, a scotch + ice cream. We live on 14th st surrounded by 873 always crowded joints and it's nice to know such a great spot is just down te road.Special Features: