1101 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brasseriebeck.com/
- Phone: (202) 408-1717
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-5pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5pm-11pm, Friday & Saturday 5pm-11:30pm & Sunday 4pm-9pm
Brunch/Lunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, French
- Executive Chef: Robert Wiedmaier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Brasserie Beck celebrates Belgian National Day July 21st.
A word from Brasserie Beck
Chef/Owner Robert Wiedmaier of Marcel's opens a casual, contemporary brasserie named after his younger son. The stunning space features an open steel and glass kitchen visible from three sides, set across from a unique family-style chef's table, dramatic 22-foot ceilings and a raw bar located at the end of a grand marble and walnut bar featuring an array of Belgian beers on tap to complement his French Belgian fare. Expansive outdoor patio is open April thru October. REAL certified by the US Healthful Food CouncilContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie Beck reviews from OpenTable diners
322 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (185)great for outdoor dining (145)special occasion (106)good for groups (101)notable wine list (97)great for lunch (79)neighborhood gem (79)romantic (60)vibrant bar scene (55)hot spot (55)great for brunch (54)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (6)Show More
- 31314Dined on 11/23/2014Wonderful as always but what happened to the usual fries? They're half the reason we go and I was disappointed to find a different style of frites on my plate this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunch!JulesVIPDined on 11/23/2014This was my first time to Beck's for lunch, and I must go back. So many good options, and I wanted to eat them all! The service was excellent and attentive, and the food we ate was fantastic: I had the mussels with mushrooms and truffle broth, and my friend had the chicken and waffles. Although the waffles are a little light with the chicken, they're beautiful waffles and the chicken was perfectly moist and the skin was awesome. My only quibble is that the restaurant was not busy at all, and they put everyone in the same little area--I felt like they could have spread us out a bit more. I heard more of my neighbors' conversations than I wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MuleDinerDined on 11/22/2014Food was fabulous - the mussels were especially delicious. A bit pricey, but worth the cost for the fantastic food and impeccable service. We ate here before an event at the Washington Convention Center, which is just a few blocks away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!SarahaDined on 11/21/2014We have been to Brasserie beck multiple times and it is always good with a fun atmosphere. We brought the kids and the chef was kind enough to make them their own special pasta. The service was excellent and the food amazing- especially the mussels and frites!!!! Great place to take out of town guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as tasty as I rememberlaineybVIPDined on 11/21/2014I was here a few years ago and loved it. Since it's not in our neighborhood we made a special trip this time to visit it again. This time with my young daughter. The service was amazing and they were very attentive to my daughter and made accommodations to the menu. But, the food just wasn't as tasty as I remember. We started off with the traditional mussels. We also had the duck which was cooked perfectly but lacked a little flavor. I had the scallops, again, cooked perfectly but lacked flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring Back the Pomme Frites!CB00VIPDined on 11/20/2014I really like this restaurant and always have. I think they have some of the best mussels in town. However when we ate there most recently the french fries were a soggy mess! Why the chef changed them is beyond me - they were crisp and delicious. What we got the other day were far too big and greasy. Everything else was up to this restaurant's high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussel in on some great foodProfbamDined on 11/17/2014While attending a meeting at the Convention Center, 3 block walk, I got five long-time friends together for lunch. One of them is a regular to DC and recommended Brasserie Beck. Great choice! Large selection of abbe Belgium beers, I had the Tank 7 which was perfect for that time of day and he had one of the triples. The menu is Belgian cuisine based and included a list of mussel dishes. I had the veal bolognese mussels on my friends recommendation even though I am no fan of mussels. EXCELLENT. All of the dishes were prepared well and presented beautifully. The hostess, bartender (had my beer while waiting for everyone to show up), waiter were all very friendly and took good care of us. Brasserie Beck is now on my list of places I want to hit when I travel to DC for a few days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very rude service.TetiVIPDined on 11/16/2014Brasserie Beck used to me one of my favorite places in town. Always had a bit arrogant service, but latest experience overshadowed it all. Table wasn't ready in time, server was ignoring us for 40 minutes. Then it turned out they were out of mussels, frites and no apologie or heads up. Just rude stating of the facts. Had to get up and leave. No apologie from the manager either. The service overall is a joke. Never coming back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2014I was disappointed that a restaurant noted for its Belgian fries had run out of them and the mussels were of low quality. My guest also complained that the stewed beef was too salty.
- Good Food, Not so Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014Food was great. Service was lacking. I ordered a soup and it came out cold. It took forever for our waiter to return to our table and fix the issue. The manager, however, did come over - apologize and give me a new soup. Overall the experience was great. I would just say that the service needs to be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Spot for Mussels in D.C.KellDined on 11/15/2014Every time I am in D.C. I head to Brasserie Beck for mussels and a nice Sancerre. Great ambiance and consistently delicious, it is fine for a glass of wine and bitings in the bar, brunch, or a special dinner with friends. Must make a reservation as it is a hot spot and gets crowded on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the ambianceTravellingwithRDined on 11/15/2014Cool place - good food - and great service. Worth a visit if you like mussels. Coffee is not for foodies - but thats my only complaint. Becks should get a proper espresso machine to match the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/11/2014The food and service was wonderful and delicious as always! the cheese selections were really good. I tried the scallop salad this time and have a new favorite. The service was excellent as always. Great place to take clients for lunch.Special Features:
- All Good but Wine PricingVirginiadinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014Overall, we enjoyed the food, ambience and service. The menu is very nice with some great selections. I understand that restaurants need to mark up wine, but the markup at BB seemed much higher than at comparable restaurants. Everyone at the table was pretty knowledgeable about wine prices and are used to paying a markup, but we all thought the prices were too high. This would make me think twice before going back.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodgourmetgirlVIPDined on 11/8/2014Everything we ordered, from the grilled octopus for an appetizer to the crispy duck for dinner, each meal was absolutely delicious! Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Perfect late afternoon lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2014Went for late lunch mid afternoon. Great food and polished, attentive service. Perfect for meeting friends and catching up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brasserie BeckadmissionlotteryDined on 11/6/2014My husband and I went for dinner with 3 other couples. We had a variety of entrees and we all liked our food. Nice inside. Noisy though. We were staying at the Marriott Marquis and it is closeby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monkey Bread Heaven!TimDVIPDined on 11/2/2014The absolute best monkey bread I've ever had (sorry, Mom). Had brunch at Brasserie Beck on Sunday before I left DC to return back to KC. It was an awesome brunch - loved the bacon & egg sandwich with frites (the best in DC). So happy I chose this as my last DC meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Food and service were amazing. Everything we had was delicious and the servers were perfectly attentive. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Great place for mussels!Food4funDined on 11/1/2014Walking into Beck's you immediately notice the bar with all of the shellfish to your right. It set the tone immediately that this would be a great place for oysters and,our reason for coming, mussels. We started off with oysters on the half shell which tasted as good as they looked. The bread served was warm with a good crust. We would have asked for more if not for the large portion of delicious french fries that came with our order of mussels. The service was without fault - very attentive and professional. We had a wonderful evening there and I look forward to coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brasserie beckDateVIPDined on 11/1/2014Very solid and good experience. Food and service were goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014This place was a great way of ending the week. It started with the greeting at the door and it ended up by the staff wishing us a great night with smiles. The staff was quick, attentive, and professional. We had the pleasure to be served but this enthusiastic server, Adil B., that was backed up with an amazing team. He was very knowledgeable, smiling all the time, and anticipated all our needs. He had great recommendations and was professional from the beginning to the end. During our experience, a gentleman by the name of Riga kept checking. On us and also made some wine recommendations, they were great as well, and from his way of talking, he was very knowledgeable as well. This place seemed like a factory of perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceDCFrenchDined on 10/30/2014Having moved back to the DC area recently, we had been repeatedly disappointed by the level of service in some of the restaurants that we had visited. However, we had the opposite experience at Brasserie Beck. Immediately upon our arrival, we were greated warmly and shown to our table. The server was attentive and knowledgeable. Even the General Manager, Adam Rigaa, came over to say hello and welcome us to his restaurant. The food was outstanding. My wife and I started with a duck ravioli and a foie gras and both were delicious. Hers was apprpriately warm and my foie gras we apprpriately cold. For our main courses, my wife took the duck breast while I took the beef carbo. Each of these courses were paired with a wine. Delicious.Special Features:
- MoulesIFoodieDined on 10/29/2014Fantastic place for mussels, tried the medeterrenian: it was too good. Full portion come with frites- yummmm. Lobster bisque was great but not mind blowing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Flavors Attentive ServiceWilburDined on 10/26/2014In DC for a meeting, I searched for a nice restaurant close to my hotel that could accommodate me (celiac disease). They had a robust gluten-free menu with many choices! I had a salmon dish with a side salad, and the side salad was simply wonderful (as was the salmon). A variety of greens, fire-roasted tomatoes, with a a zesty vinaigrette really impressed me - very tasty, and much more than the usual side salads I typically get. The salmon was fresh, perfectly cooked, and sat atop a simply fabulous bed of an amazingly flavorful lentil spread. Now, I have never before been excited about lentils, but the lentils were so delicious, and complemented the salmon so perfectly, that I have a new-found respect for this lowly legume. Will return!Special Features:
- A special occasion treatFoodDined on 10/25/2014In the Open Table reservation, I had made a note that we would appreciate a quiet table inside since it was a special anniversary. We started at one table and when the next patrons over ended up being a large group, so the waiter suggested they move us to a more quiet table. We had just been served drinks, so it was a great solution. Every part of the staff was so considerate and mindful that we don't do this kind of dining every day and it was special to us. Great service paired with the creative combinations of flavors and presentation made the costly meal completely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Late Dinnerjennblossom710Dined on 10/24/2014The food, drinks, and atmosphere here were all top notch. While I can see how the inside portion of the restaurant might be a bit too bustling for some, sitting out on the patio on a crisp October evening was simply perfect. I'll be sure to stop here the next time I find myself in D.C.Special Features:
- Felt like I was in ParisAceon18VIPDined on 10/24/2014Beautiful setting, fabulous wait staff, from France, and wonderful food. Great place for lunch in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Belgian in DC maybe anywheretimmynightmare0Dined on 10/22/2014The veal bolognese mussels was the best things I have ever tasted! Will definitely be back to try more dishes.Special Features:
- Great food, wines and serviceawsomeDined on 10/21/2014Delicious food, Great wine list and a very professional service, we will go back to try their thanksgiving menu.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The service was excellent, and we are still talking about how delicious our dinner was...mussels (both the veal, and the mushroom), the unusual and surprisingly amazing side salad, and sour beer! Best meal in recent memory. Plus, as we were celebrating our recent engagement, we were surprised by two complimentary glasses of champagne. Thank you!Special Features:
- Very good !BethesdaVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had dinner here on Saturday and had a great time. The restaurant is loud ! The service was fantastic and the food was great- the three of us ordered mussels and skatewing, which were great. We split a side of the caramelized brussels sprouts which were delicious. The wine list was great. We were glad we chose to dine hereSpecial Features:
- Best meal in a long time!UTFans55Dined on 10/17/2014Had dinner with relatives who were in DC for a wedding. Everyone ordered different starters and entrees, and all five of us were thrilled with our meals. The service was extremely slow, but luckily we were enjoying being together so much that it didn't put a damper on our evening. Kudos to the kitchen, though, for the delicious moule frites, skate wing, steak, lobster bisque, etc.! It's also fun to watch the chefs finish the food in the open kitchen. We will be back the next time we return to DC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewSholomRav1952Dined on 10/16/2014Nice spot for expense-account lunch or even if you're paying for it yourself.Special Features:
- AnonymousVIPDined on 10/14/2014Good food - VERY NOISY - especially on Tuesdays. May not be fair in our rating. Had just returned from France where the food was spectacular! Service @ Beck's was very good. Server was friendly and very competent.Special Features:
- The 'pop' you're looking for...outoftownerVIPDined on 10/13/2014Brasserie Beck's food has the 'pop' you're looking for if you're tired of the DC restaurant scene. Every dish- traditional steak to special menu items- of our four entrees just seemed to melt in out mouths and really give us the feeling that we we're having an extra special meal...and at a supremely reasonable price. Well all be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerBonnaeVIPDined on 10/11/2014I ordered the Amish chicken. The flavors were amazing. I normally eat small plates and finished the entire dish. My date had the duck and the bread pudding was delicious. I honestly wanted to go back the following day for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014I didn't get points so I didn't review the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outThatJerseyGirlDined on 10/10/2014The menu offered a collection of options that were each better than the last. Deciding on our choice was rough, but to make things easier for me, most of the offerings are gluten-free and they even had a gluten-free menu. We both opted for mussels (classic & Mediterranean), my sister had a cheese platter and I had a salad. The wine & beer list was impressive. Overall, I would highly recommend and I would return again when back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mussels are a mustActiveDinerDined on 10/10/2014Dined here twice. Both times the mussels were to die for. Beer and wine list are great, and the service is excelled. The rest of our food the first time was incredible especiallyt the snapper, the second time not so much. The Skate (fish) was not good at all even though it was recommended by our server. Lamb special was good, duck as OK. Deserts were fabulous both times. I would definitely go back but be very selective on the food choices.Special Features: