1101 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brasseriebeck.com/
- Phone: 2024081717x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-5pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5pm-11pm, Friday & Saturday 5pm-11:30pm & Sunday 4pm-9pm
Brunch/Lunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, French
- Executive Chef: Robert Wiedmaier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Brasserie Beck celebrates Belgian National Day July 21st.
A word from Brasserie Beck
Chef/Owner Robert Wiedmaier of Marcel's opens a casual, contemporary brasserie named after his younger son. The stunning space features an open steel and glass kitchen visible from three sides, set across from a unique family-style chef's table, dramatic 22-foot ceilings and a raw bar located at the end of a grand marble and walnut bar featuring an array of Belgian beers on tap to complement his French Belgian fare. Expansive outdoor patio is open April thru October. REAL certified by the US Healthful Food CouncilContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Brasserie Beck - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Brasserie Beck reviews from OpenTable diners
325 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (167)great for outdoor dining (159)special occasion (104)good for groups (89)notable wine list (89)great for lunch (74)romantic (72)neighborhood gem (67)vibrant bar scene (49)great for brunch (49)hot spot (44)late-night find (14)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The service was excellent, and we are still talking about how delicious our dinner was...mussels (both the veal, and the mushroom), the unusual and surprisingly amazing side salad, and sour beer! Best meal in recent memory. Plus, as we were celebrating our recent engagement, we were surprised by two complimentary glasses of champagne. Thank you!Special Features:
- Very good !BethesdaVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had dinner here on Saturday and had a great time. The restaurant is loud ! The service was fantastic and the food was great- the three of us ordered mussels and skatewing, which were great. We split a side of the caramelized brussels sprouts which were delicious. The wine list was great. We were glad we chose to dine hereSpecial Features:
- Best meal in a long time!UTFans55Dined on 10/17/2014Had dinner with relatives who were in DC for a wedding. Everyone ordered different starters and entrees, and all five of us were thrilled with our meals. The service was extremely slow, but luckily we were enjoying being together so much that it didn't put a damper on our evening. Kudos to the kitchen, though, for the delicious moule frites, skate wing, steak, lobster bisque, etc.! It's also fun to watch the chefs finish the food in the open kitchen. We will be back the next time we return to DC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014Nice spot for expense-account lunch or even if you're paying for it yourself.Special Features:
- AnonymousVIPDined on 10/14/2014Good food - VERY NOISY - especially on Tuesdays. May not be fair in our rating. Had just returned from France where the food was spectacular! Service @ Beck's was very good. Server was friendly and very competent.Special Features:
- Amazing dinnerBonnaeVIPDined on 10/11/2014I ordered the Amish chicken. The flavors were amazing. I normally eat small plates and finished the entire dish. My date had the duck and the bread pudding was delicious. I honestly wanted to go back the following day for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014I didn't get points so I didn't review the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outThatJerseyGirlDined on 10/10/2014The menu offered a collection of options that were each better than the last. Deciding on our choice was rough, but to make things easier for me, most of the offerings are gluten-free and they even had a gluten-free menu. We both opted for mussels (classic & Mediterranean), my sister had a cheese platter and I had a salad. The wine & beer list was impressive. Overall, I would highly recommend and I would return again when back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mussels are a mustActiveDinerDined on 10/10/2014Dined here twice. Both times the mussels were to die for. Beer and wine list are great, and the service is excelled. The rest of our food the first time was incredible especiallyt the snapper, the second time not so much. The Skate (fish) was not good at all even though it was recommended by our server. Lamb special was good, duck as OK. Deserts were fabulous both times. I would definitely go back but be very selective on the food choices.Special Features:
- Derek EichinDroktheworldDined on 10/10/2014Brassier Beck is an. Excellent spot for a romantic meal in downtown DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited too long for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/9/2014Took two new potential clients to lunch and waited close to an hour for our meal. Even though there was one appetizer we had a hard time getting the waitress to remember the things we requested such as drink refills and specialty menus. She was very pleasant but the the entire meal took an hour and a 1/2 which is much too long for business when folks only have an hour to get out for lunch. I also thought the meal was WAY over priced and do not find it comparable to other like restaurants such as Clydes, the Hamilton or Chef Geoff.Special Features:
- Best mussels in townvic111VIPDined on 10/9/2014I had a great lunch here. Service is first class all the way. We had the octopus as an appetizer, which was grilled and served on a bed of diced salad. It tasted great. Then came the mussels. I got them Mediterranian style, with the tomato infused broth and chorizo. This was a great meal accompanied by perfectly fried frites. Probably the best mussel dish I've ever had. The large portion, while expensive, was a full meal and tasty. I look forward to tasting the rest of the menu.
- Joy Mintiens from NJlorien328Dined on 10/5/2014This was the second time eating here and this time my husband and I brought my parents. The outdoor patio was new to me and I thought it was lovely. The food was amazing for all 4 of us and the overall experience was superb. Next time we are in DC we will be eating their again.Special Features:
- Great food, wines and serviceawsomeDined on 10/4/2014I Enjoyed my third dinner here, Very consistent on all levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Fantastic!! We had the classic white wine muscles and foie gras to start. The sauce was delicious for bread dipping! For entrees we ordered the lamb porterhouse (special), the rabbit pot pie (special), the steak and frites, and the beef carbonnade. They were all fantastic. Would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodfoodieDined on 10/4/2014I love their mussels (which is why I always go back). The service is fine but it would be good if the server actually comes around to pour the wine when our glasses are running low.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I had never been although my husband goes with clients all the time. The food was WONDERFUL! I had the beet salad which was the best starter salad/appetizer I've ever had -- so many great flavors. Both my husband and I had the Steak Frites -- great ! My husband also had the mussels for an appetizer and he said they were very good. We were celebrating a belated anniversary and it was dimly lit and fairly quiet -- the service was right on.Special Features:
- Hidden brunch gemhshickDined on 10/4/2014I made last-minute reservations at Brasserie Beck for brunch because i had never been there for brunch before. I easily got a reservation, the food was great, and the service was, too. It was so quiet there that my friends and i sat around for about 2.5 hours just hanging out. I couldn't believe that more people weren't there to take advantage of their brunch menu! Overall excellent experience and I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find!KmcbVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was our first visit to brasserie beck. Will definately return and recommend. Cheese plate, swordfish, amish chicken and mussels were all wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentWahooWildcatVIPDined on 10/2/2014Great return visit. Javier was an excellent waiter. Mussels and frites are the best in dc. Great beer list. Wonderful patio. Fun rotating menu options each night plus specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LpcabreraDined on 9/30/2014Good food, excellent service. Wine list was impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceDaveSummerDined on 9/29/2014I came here with my wife before taking in a show at the Shakespeare Theatre on a Monday night. Crowd was light service was excellent and very attentive and the food was to die for. We had the grilled octopus and tuna tartare as an appetizer. And then shared the bacon mushroom muscles. Excellent! Finished it up with a nice port and shared a chocolate dessert. all in all a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!AnnFDined on 9/27/2014My boyfriend and I came here before a show. We were running a little late and let our waitress know, and she was very responsive and appreciated the heads up. We were ahead of the dinner rush so our waitress was able to speed our meal (drinks, appetizer, and two entrees) along. The mushroom mussels may be my new favorite!Special Features:
- outstanding in every waykoikutieDined on 9/26/2014exceeded our expectations in every way - however, if you do not like the smell of exhaust and sewer, I wouldn't recommend the patio...Special Features:
- wilderprospectDined on 9/26/2014A very enjoyable evening dining al fresco with two of my teenagers and a friend. We enjoyed three courses, had good wine, great service. Will enjoy doing it again.Special Features:
- great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014The veal T-bone was delicious, and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperienceTheLobsterDined on 9/23/2014I've never had a bad experience at Brasserie Beck, and this visit was no different. The food was excellent, our waiter was reliable and friendly, I'm a happy customer! I will definitely be coming back for another visit.Special Features:
- Perfect Experience1stdatechittersDined on 9/23/2014Took a first date there. The service was excellent. The food was great. The server was friendly and helped me make a great impression to my date. I would highly recommend this restaurant. I'm going back there as soon as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ard12VIPDined on 9/20/2014The location was convineient, the bar service a bit slow but drinks were good. Food was great, service was fantastic. Our waiter was extremely accomadating. Outside was a bit loud with street noise but a lovely night & generally pleasant ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service.MartinR4961Dined on 9/20/2014This time tried the evening special lamb chateaubriand (I think it was called that). The meat was very tender, cooked exactly to medium rare. The legumes with the meal were rather light as it was almost like a thin pancake under the meat so in reality it was like getting 90% meat and 10% veg. The meat portion was a bit small for $32 but the taste was good. The dessert was the gaufre Liege which was tasty and good. Service was excellent and will be coming back when I return to Washington DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed third visitLadyTravelBugVIPDined on 9/20/2014This was our third visit to the restaurant and this was by far, the least positive experience we've had. We ordered a whole order of mussels to share. The broth on the mussels were too salty. It wasn't like that the past couple of times. The bread that came with it was barely warm, and was a bit stiff, like it was sitting out for awhile. It used to be that the bread came out warm, crusty on the outside, but soft on the inside. The waiter was inattentive. One of the legs of our table was not balanced, so the waiter said he'd be back to fix it but he never did. We saw him chatting away with another co-worker by a station. He never bothered to ask if we wanted to see the dessert menu or if we wanted coffee.
- Sadly it has changedDogntowDined on 9/19/2014This used gone my favorite place in DC and when we returned after 2 years overseas it was the first night out I chose. Sadly both the quality of food and service have declined dramatically. A few examples: we had a dozed, mixed oysters as recommended by the server....they were simply dropped off with no explanation of which were which. We had steak and frites, both cuts of meat were the chewiest steaks we've had (medium and medium-rare). We had a $100 bottle of wine that after the first glass was poured, we had to pour ourselves all evening. The worst part of the evening however was when we asked the hostess if she could call us a cab...her response was "oh just go out on the street one will come by". Never again.
- Great business dinnerSeasideBettyDined on 9/18/2014Colleagues and I shared mussels, endive salad, and the cheese plate and it was all delicious. The wait staff was attentive, and dealt with all the ways we split the check with grace and good humor (we could not expense the fabulous bottle of wine a few of us shared). I would definitely go here again.Special Features:
- Excellent service.MartinR4961Dined on 9/18/2014Tried the mussels with mushrooms which is what I ordered a year ago and had become the benchmark for all other mussels tried in restaurants in Europe and North America! This time the sauce was much thinner, almost like a very thin cream or milk rather than a thick cream and the flavour weaker. The taste was still good but it went from a five star to a three. The Thai mussels were good, but once again the sauce was thin and watery which is rather unusual for a restaurant like this with such a high standing. Service was outstanding and will try the restaurant in the near future. Wish the best for the staff there. Bon appetit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixednotagainVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food was wonderful, however, the service was the worst I have had this year. We were given bread and water when we were seated but did not see a waiter for over 40 minutes. I finally went to the host stand to ask for a waiter and then waited an additional ten minutes. Have not had this experience3 at other restaurants in this group, but will not go again.
- Special Request ExpertsTastyTreatsDined on 9/13/2014This is the second time the staff at Brasserie Beck made a specific dish just for us. It was not on the menu, and they were still able to create my husbands favorite entree. This place is top on our DC restaurant list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer selectionAtownOriginalDined on 9/12/2014Wonderful Belgian beers on tap. I had the steak-frites which was delicious. The cheese plate was amazing as well. Server was efficient and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Belgian BasicsStephenVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is perhaps the best place in DC for mussels and French fries. The raw seafood is always good. While the raw clams were small, they had a fresh taste that did not disappoint. The wine list is very good, if pricy; the beers are excellent! They took steak tartar off the menu, a shame since it used to be excellent. Let's hope they bring it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food delicious, service atrociouseatdrinkenjoyDined on 9/12/2014Everyone loved the food: tuna tartare, veal meatballs, onion soup, white wine mussels, swordfish, steak frites, did I mention the frites??? We enjoyed the food immensely and want to back but probably won't. Aside from being promptly seated when we arrived for our reservation, the service was just awful. It took forever to get menus, and then drinks. When the drinks finally arrived, one drink was missing. No explanation and the person delivering the drinks disappeared before we could even ask. Our server was visibly irritated with us when we asked about the missing drink and for the rest of the meal, seemed entirely put upon by having to deal with us? I had read that service was poor and sadly, those reviews were spot on. Too bad.Special Features:
- Still going strongHedgehogVIPDined on 9/9/2014The Belgian mini-wave may have crested, but based on a recent dinner Brasserie Beck has solidified its place in the universe as a center for creative and high quality cooking (plus a stellar beer list and fantastic frites). "Breakfast" radish appetizer is a sleeper - simple ingredients and great balance of flavors and textures. House-cured salmon is outstanding. And of course lots of original presentations of the key national mollusk, the humble mussel. All in all, a distinctive dining experience.Special Features: