Brasserie Beck - Kentlands
311 Kentlands Blvd.
Gaithersburg, MD 20878Neighborhood:
BelgianPrice: $30 and under
Brasserie Beck - Kentlands
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brasseriebeck.com/
- Phone: 3015694247x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
We cannot guarantee patio seating when making a reservation.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, French
- Executive Chef: Christopher Watson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
A word from Brasserie Beck - Kentlands
Brasserie Beck is a contemporary European style brasserie in the "new urbanist" Kentland's community. The original location was opened by critically acclaimed, chef/owner Robert Wiedmaier in NW Washington D.C. in 2007. Wiedmaier stays true to his Belgian roots creating and cooking casual, affordable fare in the "brasserie style" of serving all day from lunch to late night. Beck is an ideal place for a quick meal anytime of the day; oysters from the raw bar, moules & frites with a trio of homemade dipping sauces, a Charcuterie Plate or the classic Belgian mainstay of Beef Carbonnade or Mountain Trout Amandine. Beck's stunning and spacious bar boasts the area's most comprehensive Belgian beer list outside Belgium with 17 draught beers and 150 offered by the bottle. This location also features an outdoor patio and sizable private dining space. We welcome everyone to the newest Brasserie Beck in Maryland.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Brasserie Beck - Kentlands - Best Restaurants in Gaithersburg ›
Brasserie Beck - Kentlands reviews from OpenTable diners
270 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (154)great for outdoor dining (148)fit for foodies (145)special occasion (112)good for groups (68)notable wine list (57)great for lunch (48)great for brunch (42)romantic (36)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (26)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We have been to the Kentlands location now several times, and we really enjoy coming here. The food is always properly prepared, very European, not quantity, but quality! It's really a very nice addition to the Kentlands. Thank You for being here!Special Features:
- Celebrating 39 yrs. of marriage.DustyDined on 10/24/2014It's great having a good restaurant close by. Great menu and great service. I'm sure we will be back again. Thanks for a tasty anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingKateDined on 10/24/2014I expected much more from Brasserie Beck. The food was alright but arrived late and one diner's steak was over cooked. The manager was gracious about that, at least. Service was slow, unsure and disorganized. Our server didn't seem to know what she was doing. The restaurant is noisy, harshly lit and the decor and colors were jarring. I felt like I was in an "all-u-can-eat" place somewhere. It was a big disappointment
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Appetizer and main course were good but the mocha creme brulee was not good. The temperature wasn't right and the taste wasn't good- you should stick to the standard creme brulee. The main waiter was nice but there were some inexperienced staffers.Special Features:
- over ratedwonderbarDined on 10/23/2014ambiance horrible- very bright and cold----no theme just bland and uncomfortable. Way to large for intimacy. Food not interesting except for Mussels. We would never return. This restaurant has no soul! Loud cheesy music coming from the Bar.
- Great FindPitt83Dined on 10/22/2014The Belgian themed menu means lots of seafood choices. And this is a wonderful thing. 5 different styles of mussels; none disappoint. The frites are so worth the addition. The service is spot on perfect and the crew work as a team getting everything done precisely when it needs done. I stored this in my GPS favorites and can't wait to get back next trip to MD.Special Features:
- GOOUTTOLUNCHVIPDined on 10/22/2014Dining at Brasserie Beck (Kentlands) was one of the best dining experiences we've had. I hope that the geographic area can sustain a restaurant of this caliber.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary delightFoodie4everDined on 10/21/2014BB's lunch menu is superb. The mussels with chorizo had a great robust flavor. Breads are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking4NewVIPDined on 10/18/2014Finally a restaurant in the "burbs" that has higher level cuisine at reasonable prices. If you are a foodie this is a good one - just like in DC.Special Features:
- Delectable pastry dessertOHBoyVIPDined on 10/18/2014For a $$$ restaurant, I expected more sophisticated decor than rattan chairs. The bar / booth seating area is COLD from the drafty side doors. My Icelandic cod dish was wonderfully paired with brussel sprouts; the slight bitter taste of both is balanced with the squash. The 17 layer dessert was heavenly. Saturday night service could be faster; yet our waiter was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Wonderful!BritDined on 10/18/2014Brasserie Beck is such a wonderful addition to the neighborhood! We have enjoyed dinner and brunch here several times, each time the food was excellent and the service attentive and friendly. The Belgian specialties such as mussels and frites are great and we have sampled other dishes from prime rib to trout, all beautifully cooked and presented. The desserts are outstanding! The brunch menu is very varied, not just the usual brunch items. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- A dose of tough love ....2brieornot2brieDined on 10/18/2014A fine dining establishment in this area is welcome and long overdue. The former O'Donnell's location has been renovated French Bistro style and the blue and white color scheme is refreshing. The lighting does not add anything positive to the atmosphere, The piped in music was so loud and distracting that the manager came by , asked us about the volume , then quickly turned it down. The wait staff is well trained about the menu and wine offerings. The food is delicious. The big drawback of the evening was the spotty service due to long waits that turned a two hour dinner into a three hour one. Our server was delightful but he was spread to thin. This is a management problem. Profuse apologies from the manager and server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but didn't acknowledge b-dayalwayshungryDined on 10/17/2014I took my husband here for his birthday dinner and while the food and service were fantastic overall, I was very disappointed that they failed to acknowledge my husband's birthday. I mentioned it on both my OpenTable reservation request AND when I spoke to the staffer who called to confirm the reservation. All I asked for was a candle in the desert (that I paid for) - I was told that this could be accommodated. I don't think we'll go back for a birthday celebration again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OuttstandingchappyDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I came here for brunch and were quite amazed at the service and the food, and the beer and wine listings. WOW! After that, we swore we would be back and we were. I took my wife there this past Thursday evening for her birthday. The meals we had were exceptional, filling beyond words, and the waiter(I wish I knew his name), was attentive and knew everything there was need to know about everything on the menu. He even recommended some dishes to think about. If was in prison and it was my last day to live, my request for my last meal would be to bring me something from your establishment. This is by far, the greatest dining experience my wife and I have had anywhere! Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady Improvement!JillyjillVIPDined on 10/14/2014After a rocky opening this summer, the food, service, & ambiance is improving to the point where I can give BBeck a hearty endorsement. Filling the shoes of a beloved spot like O'Donnell's is a TALL order, but BBeck is starting to show some breakout personality of their own. O'Donnell's Happy Hour was always a highlight & BBeck has begun to offer a more interesting (& reasonably priced) HH selection--which they will need to strengthen as the colder months approach & the patio becomes less attractive. The short ribs, mini-burger, pumpkin soup, hot dog, & oysters on the bar menu are scrumptious, but the sausage is overly salty, gnocchi is underseasoned, & the mussels were gritty & bland. Lighting & seats need improvemnt, but service is great!Special Features:
- Best brunch menu in townoldeatsDined on 10/12/2014This was our first visit for Brunch because the food and ambiance were great for previous dinner visits. Menu and service were excellent and highly desirable to us since nearly all brunch in the area is the undesirable buffet.Special Features:
- Good food and beer, weak cappuccinoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014My niece and I went for Sunday brunch and enjoyed nice meals and shared an excellent beer. The server was attentive but not overly so, which was appreciated. The ambiance was pleasant but a little cool...could use more natural-style lighting inside. The only disappointment was the cappuccino I ordered at the end, which was very small for $5, tasted stale and included a slightly soggy and unpleasant little cookie on the side. Tea the next time, I think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 10/12/2014This was my fist experience and the one thing that stands out the most for me is that my silverware was actually changed with each course!! This never happens anymore! The food was delicious and I would certainly recommend the Brasserie Beck to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Not up to parTooBadDined on 10/11/2014Brasserie Beck has kept its downtown prices, but forgot to bring the food and service that should go with it. The waitress seemed to be in never- never land and had to be asked several times to bring things that she should have asked if we wanted them. Especially disappointing were the mussels. Not only was it a small portion, many of the mussels had not opened and the sauce was blah. It was interesting they brought 2 owls for empty shells. Only needed one. Will not go back there again.
- perfect in every wayLEXTerDined on 10/11/2014Great food. The staff is very attentive and goes out of its way to make the visit perfect. We enjoyed our meal. Thank you for bringing BB to Kentlands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceluvnewrestaurantsDined on 10/10/2014Excellent first experience at Brasserie Beck. Service was impeccable and the meal was very good.Special Features:
- KCandYPDined on 10/9/2014My out-of-town guests were very impressed with the menu, service, and quality of the food. Would highly recommend as a safe and excellent choice for a fine dining experience. Can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Excellent diningRexbohDined on 10/8/2014Everything was excellent especially the service. Food was great as well as the beer selection. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable visitjmsbhDined on 10/8/2014This is the second time we have dined here--both on week nights . A nice feel. Not too loud or too busy. Food was prompt , service attentive. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great Menu and StaffHappyDined on 10/8/2014There is something for everyone on the menu, which is centered on Belgian/French bistro dishes. Our waiter was extremely helpful, and the chef is willing to make the starters into an entrée if desired. The food is freshly prepared, and there is a good wine list. This is a great venue in Gaithersburg for a family or group celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itLeezDined on 10/4/2014Amazing food, ambiance, service and decor. Couldn't have asked for anything better. The bread pudding with butter pecan icecream was blissful. Must try place for anyone in the MD area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The food was a little pricey but very good. Our waitress Rachel was terrific !Special Features:
- A refreshing placeNatashVIPDined on 9/28/2014Good to have Robert Wiedmaier in town. A real good upscale place with noticeable wine and beer list as well as a menu with choices for meat and fish lovers as well as for vegetarian, Vegans and even lactose intolerant diners (we have all the above in our family). Recommended!Special Features:
- Absolutely divinewinendineDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time dining here and we were not disappointed. The mussels were amazing, the roasted butternut squash soup was outstanding, and our entrees - the beef carbonnade and trout amandine were equally as delicious. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Delight ExperienceOsirisDined on 9/23/2014The first time that we visited this restaurant was for brunch. The now manager then took us for a tour and the attention from our server was top quality. The food is exquisite and the presentation is definitely high cuisine. My wife and I are in love with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful building, great serviceamhmcDined on 9/22/2014Food is what needs to match now. The hostess and waiter were very hospitable but the food was just average for the cost. The portion size was fine but either they're trying to do too many different things or it was an off day, I don't know.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceWineFoodLoverDined on 9/21/2014Wonderful dinner! Adam was our server-I remember him from Brabo Restaurant. He is a fabulous addition to the service at Becks. We ordered 2 different kinds of mussels which they are definitely a specialty so don't pass them up because they are all delicious. The English Pea and Ricotta Ravioli with roasted mushrooms and arugula pesto is clearly hand made - I could have stopped there because it was the best thing I've ever eaten! The Pan Roasted Local Rockfish was toasted on the outside and light and flaky on the inside, very flavorful. The special steak which was absolutely perfectly cooked and paired with horseradish creamed potatoes-Yum. And yes we ate it all including the heirloom tomatoes-get them while you can, season is almost over.Special Features:
- Delicious Entrees!NormandoDined on 9/17/2014Best food we have experienced in a long time. Menu is diverse. Mussels appetizer outstanding. Our table boasted about the Braised short ribs and beef carbonade. We plan to go back soon. Kudos.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningEJHHDined on 9/14/2014A group of friends and I went to the Kentlands Brasserie Beck for a send-off dinner for one of us who is moving. Everything was perfect -- the food was great, the staff were friendly and knowledgeable, and the setting was perfect for us. The menu is not the most extensive, but it is diverse and the preparations were uniformly exceptional. For example, the salmon salad was the best I've had in years -- would tell what ingredients were used but I did not recognize most of them. All I know is it tasted wonderful. Finally, the choice of beers is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food reviewThomasDined on 9/14/2014I had a very cheap cut of meat, fatty and tough. It would have been much better to use a better grade of meat and charge accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice experienceLikesToEatDined on 9/13/2014I took my company there for dinner. The atmosphere was pretty nice. There was one loud table celebrating a birthday. The food was good. The beet salad was yummy. The prime rib was tasty but a little fatty. Our dessert was delicious- it was the mousse with the raspberry sorbet. really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014Although the food was great there was not too much to choose from unless you only like seafoodSpecial Features:
- RUSHED!!!BluesManDined on 9/5/2014We were seated at 8 PM. It took 10 mins for the waitress to take our drink orders and another 10 to bring them. Meanwhile, we finished off the bread. We placed our appetizer order, it came out quickly and was very tasty. Our waitress took our order for our entrée and promised that she would have the kitchen hold it. That didn't happen , half way through our appetizers the entree showed up. The food was just okay. The manager came over to apologize and proceeded to talk for 10 mins while our food cooled. The atmosphere was open, not warm. I will not go back.
- Different, and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014It was nice to go to a restaurant with a different menu. Ordered three different appetizers for lunch, and all were outstanding. Will come back again for lunch and look forward to returning for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected morefabfoodquestDined on 9/3/2014The outside seating is definitely the way to go! The waiter knew the menu inside and out and was friendly and attentive. We ordered the mushroom mussels and side of frites for an appetizer based on the waiter's recommendation and they were good. My husband ordered the rockfish and it was just average, overly seared and a little on the dry side. I ordered the crab cake (which was not listed on the menu so I was glad I asked if it was available). The crab cake was relatively on the small side but quite tasty and the dressing on the side salad was overly salty. We were pleasantly surprised by our dessert choice - peach tart struessel.Special Features: