529 E. Liberty St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://brasserie529.com/
- Phone: 9122380045
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: John Roelle and Jeff Rodgers
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brasserie 529
A social neighborhood hub. We are a fine dining establishment geared for everybody. We offer a wide array of cuisine in the french style. Located in historic Savannah, we are a beautiful landscape to behold.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie 529 reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (6)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (2)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Wanted to go again the next night!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/19/2014We were part of a party of four. All of us have dined here before at least a few times if not several. Every time there is a change in the kitchen or on the menu I worry that the experience won't measure up, but this was such a remarkable dinner. Two orders of steak, one lamb and one duck. It was all just amazing. Everything we ordered, including the bar, met or exceeded our expectations. It may have been our best dining experience of the past couple of years! We hope to go back again next week! Fabulous food!Special Features:
- msfishDined on 6/12/2014My husband and I were both very pleased with our dining experience! Perhaps the only downside is that it is a bit pricey so that we probably would not choose to go there for dinner very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 191 reviews are from the Brasserie 529 reviews archive.
- Stellar food in charming settingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/30/2014One of our favorite places in Savannah. Clean, fresh, favors of well executed french food in a charming setting with excellent service. Standout dishes includes the charcuterie, tourchon, scallop ceviche, trout almondine, rabbit stew.Special Features:
- A Gem!hhillwDined on 5/30/2014What a find! The curb appeal is wonderful and the interior is just as charming! Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. This was a special occasion dinner and it couldn't have been a better choice. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/28/2014The food was exceptional. The service was wonderful and attentive. The amuse bouche was unexpected and very imaginative and delicious. We had some food allergy issues with a sauce for the fish special and the wait staff and the kitchen were very receptive to offering a sauce that worked. Before making another sauce they asked about using certain ingredients including black olives. We don't like black olives, so we nixed that as well. They made a beurre blanc sauce for the fish which was amazing. There was no drama during any of this, just professional service and courtesy. They also suggested a better way to walk back to our hotel at the end of the meal. We had a wonderful experience and will be back when we are in Savannah.Special Features:
- A go back to...luv2dineoutDined on 5/24/2014Enjoyed 2 dining experiences. The outstanding carrot fennel soup came hot or cold. I prefer cold in summer. My trigger fish was cooked perfectly with delicate herbs and white wine. But the desserts were absolutely the BEST--panne cotta topped with roasted pecans and brown sugar, and key lime crime brûlée! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine in quiet comfortVoyageurDined on 5/16/2014529 is a very pleasant restaurant located in a quiet residential area of Savannah. I was impressed with the decor; posters on the wall, wine rack display, etc.,; and there was plenty of space between tables, which made it comfortable for private conversation. Overall the food was very good, following a brasserie tradition of casual yet tasty dishes. I loved the slices of rare duck breast along with its fruit and onion compote served in substantial portion. But the "rabbit stew" under the rubric of soups was pretty much a simple broth with little strips of meat. For most of us mortals prices make this a special occasion restaurant, but it will not disappoint. And don't expect to hear any French accents. The service is local and friendly.Special Features:
- linmcreviewsDined on 5/13/2014Food was excellent--closest thing to France while in Savannah. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAidaDined on 5/10/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and we were not disappointed. We had the five course meal with wine pairing. We did not know what we will be getting for each course. The chef surprised us with outstanding and delicious food in each course. I don't like duck but his duck leg was wonderful. This meal rivaled a meal my husband and I had in Paris a few years ago at one of the most famous restaurants . I can't wait to visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Excellentpalu22Dined on 5/9/2014It is wonderful to have such a high qualtiy and elegant restaurnat 2 blocks from our house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicejonnymicfishesDined on 5/3/2014Ordered the red snapper, it was cooked perfectly. My wife had the trout which was also wonderful. The serice great. It lacked the stuffyness of other Savannah restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantEtaoinDined on 5/3/2014Nice ambiance, good waiter. Food: bread was good, but would prefer plain butter to the honey butter. Plain salad - just two kinds of greens, nothing else - wife didn't care for it or finish it. Summer squash soup - tasty, but should have left the pecans out. Roast chicken breast - cooked perfectly, very moist, tasty skin. Served on large portion black-eyed peas with spinach, good but I prefer these vegetables not be mixed. Duck breast - smallish portion but very good, cooked exactly as I ordered it. Onion tart - very tasty, really liked it, but small - would have loved another. Mixed berry crepe - delicious. Cost - one soup, one plain salad, two entrees, one dessert, one tea, one soda - with tip/tax, about $81. Lots of good choices on menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savannnah GemIkashReviewDined on 4/30/2014Recommend Brasserie for all those looking for somewhere different to dine in Savannah--very pleasant surroundings with parking--greeted by the manager at the door-lovely waitress who was very attentive--excellent menu choices--all in all I will be returning time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully Interesting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014The food was delicious and plated artistically. Great service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Best everFoodieMcDudeDined on 4/26/2014If you want an expertly prepared and served culinary experience, go to the Brasserie. It's the best restaurant in Savannah, hands down! Chef's tasting menu is especially fun (and delicious, of course).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/22/2014Food was delicious and the service was excellent without being overly obtrusiveSpecial Features:
- Dinner during the week.GeorgiaDined on 4/16/2014Our guests did not comment, but their meat looked good. Our fish was a bit overcooked and nothing was really hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good ambiance!JulietDined on 4/11/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary, and it was perfect! The waiter was very attentive, the food was great (I had the chef's veggie plate - toasted ricotta gnocchi, my husband had the flank steak), and it was a really great night. We told all of our friends how good it was. Bonus that they have a parking lot, so you don't have to worry about street parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out to rememberMattDined on 4/5/2014My wife and I decided to try Brasserie 529 saturday night. I made reservations and was greeted by a smiling hostess, and then a wonderful waitress. The food was amazing, I had the wild mushroom soup (to die for) then for my entree I had teh flat iron steak....It couldn't have been better...we had a bottle of wine and chocolate mousse for desert...it was a perfect evening...if you get the chance...GO!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Mussels for YouSavBobDined on 4/5/2014We love Brasserie 529, but on the last three occasions there's at least one signature item that is not in stock. Mussels, dessert items.Special Features:
- was excellent - had scallops.BandoVIPDined on 4/4/2014was excellent - had scallops. The service was very good and atmosphere was perfect. not a real busy place which made it perfect to hold a conversation and enjoy a great night. would go back and liked the overall evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savannah's best without a doubtwaynegDined on 3/29/2014This is one of those restaurants that, because it it SLIGHTLY out of the way, is usually available when everyone else is fully booked. The menu is very definitely authentic French and the food is outstanding. I recommend it to all my friends and they are always impressed. Nice to have this high quality French cuisine in Savannah. Off street parking is available although we usually walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in SavannahJSchultzDined on 3/29/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Savannah...great French experience!! I always eat here every time I'm in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a fine restaurantGeneDined on 3/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Brasserie 529. The service was very good. The quality of the food and its preparation was outstanding. I had the lamb chops and they were among the best I have had. My wife had a fish that was expertly prepared. The wine list was very nice. This is highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great experience at BrasseriectrolingDined on 3/25/2014Great experience at Brasserie 529. I had the special halibut that was cooked to perfection. Husband had the duck which came out with the wrong sauce and because he had to wait for another plate to come out, they comped his meal. Our server was top notch. We went during the week after an event and when we arrived early for the reservation they were able to accommodate us. Nice little gem in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has Improved but Still Not StellarSavannah12Dined on 3/22/2014Took me years to go back after a couple of disappointing dinners. The menu and food has improved but doesn't warrant the prices. May return for lunch but may take me awhile to return for dinner. There are better restaurants at a lower price point in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish and delectable presentationFoodieMcDudeDined on 3/18/2014Stylish and delectable presentation and flavors. Best dining experience in Savannah in many years. Excellent restaurant, far beyond anything else offered locally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodgrotonfoodieDined on 3/11/2014We had another really nice dining experience, starting with some great cocktails, fabulous charcuterie, a nice bottle of wine, and great food. The service is very warm and personal. We always enjoy ourselves when we eat at Brasserie 529.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerSunshineVIPDined on 3/7/2014We ate early because we had a concert to attend. We were greeted warmly and very well taken care of all evening. My trout almandine was delicious and my husbands ciioppino was fantastic. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Our server Amy was a delight and the chef was a very personable young man. This is a great addition to the Savannah dining scene and I recommend everyone give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBBRancherVIPDined on 3/6/2014If you are a foodie, you'll be disappointed. Room and service were e 4 stars. Kitchen made edible, but boring food. Best item we had was the red cabbage and beet salad with duck confit. The cured meats avoid. The salmi was much too salty and the pancetta might as well been fat trimmings for the dog The pate was OK. Everything else we had we mediocre at best. We read the mixed reviews before we went and took a chance. We won't do that twice. I left the restaurant wondering why they think they can cook.Special Features:
- Rare gemMac1913Dined on 3/1/2014As visitors to Savannah's historic district, my husband and I were delighted to find this neighborhood gem within walking distance of our hotel. In particular, the grouper I has was one of the best I've had the pleasure of eating. A caviar/butter sauce enhanced the dish as did the perfectly prepared mushrooms. The dinner began with a petite heirloom tomato presented with a lovely pesto sauce. We also would recommend the beer salad which had an elegant presentation. My husband enjoyed the cassoulet prepared in traditional French style and the fruit tart at dinner's end which featured a one-crust top, heavy on fruit taste and lighter on sugar. Service was prompt and attentive throughout the night. Chicago guests say thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalroastchickenDined on 2/22/2014Had dinner with my wife and 3 year old daughter. I had the 5 course tasting menu which was outstanding. The service was beyond top notch. Very informative and caring but not over bearing. I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Savannah's Best Fine Dining!DiscerningDinerDined on 2/15/2014Brasserie 529 is simply Savannah's best restaurant for an intimate dinner with unparallelled service and food. Nowhere in Savannah else will you find the combination of fine and inventive French cuisine, friendly and attentive, yet not intrusive service staff, and an environment in which you can actually converse with one another rather than shout over a noisy dining room. The Sea Bass special is a must-try as is the creme brulee, which features a cloying touch of citrus. For an aperitif, try the sophisticated and effervescent Quebec Sour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it.foodloverDined on 2/15/2014First of all, I want to say that we are retired restaurateurs so we know what does and doesn't matter when dining out. This restaurant has NO ambience and the table given to us was the size of a serving tray, really. The banquette on which I was seated was extremely uncomfortable. If we had been within walking distance of our hotel we would have left without ordering, it was that bad. Our waitress was in the wrong profession. As for the food, the seared Foie Gras was very good but was alone on the plate, no toast, nothing to accompany it. My tiny bowl of soup was also good. The one truly good dish was my husbands lamb, I enjoyed my bite. The wine list was nothing exciting, we found a serviceable Chablis. Save your money, go somewhere else.
- Nice RestaurantLatinGhostDined on 2/15/2014The restaurant overall is very nice. Pricey for the amount of food you're getting (not much) but the food was high quality and mostly good. I would definitely go back for a special occasion. My only gripe is that the restaurant seating arrangement doesn't give much privacy. I don't mind small amounts of pricey food, but I would like to feel like I'm paying for an experience that's only shared with the people I'm dining with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTedEjrDined on 2/15/2014Overpriced drinks. A grey goose martini isn't 13.50. They were without items. And this was not the first time. The escargo was lukewarm and looked like it was thrown into a bowl haphazardly with a blend of sauce and a few sprigs of what looked like spinach. The wife's lamb was ordered medium, but came medium rare. For $130 dollars for two, pre-tip, I would have expected more. And better.
- A great place to meet friendsisleofhopeDined on 2/8/2014Brasserie 529 was absolutely delicious! We met friends at 7:15, we were never rushed for table turnover. We enjoyed TWO delicious bottles of wine. The salad with warm goat cheese was outstanding! Lightly dressed, and the seafood bisque, a real hit! We ordered red snapper and the Hanger Steak. Both were wonderful, and perfectly proportioned. Our food wasn't over sauced or disguised in any way! Simple preparations, all tasty. Friends came in for dinner, and enjoyed their meal as well! They ordered Hanger Steak and the Grouper BLT, also delicious. The delight of the night was the Crème Brulee! Incredibly creamy, lightly crusted sugar topping, and delicious flavor! Brarrerie 529 is a neighborhood Gem! The off street parking is always a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomancewoodmanDined on 2/8/2014I was looking for a romantic place to take my wife for an early Valentines Day dinner......We found it. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnifico!MaribocaDined on 2/6/2014My friend and I had an incredible experience the other evening when we ate at the Brasserie. I used to live in the neighborhood so I had been there before. The bisque soup with scallops was an amazing dish, and my friend loved the beet salad. We both thought that the wine list was more than sufficient. It was really fun for him since he had lived in Lyon for a few years. He found the dishes served quite authentic. Merci!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group came to restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014Our group came to restaurant for restaurant week. The special menu was good. One member asked to substitute soup for one of appetizers. His request was denied. When our bill came we were surprised to find we were charged $13.75 for sparkling water. The food was good, but nothing special. We will not be returning.