292-294 Main Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserie292.com/
- Phone: 8454730292x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mark Margiotta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Brasserie 292 offers off-site catering, for more information please call (845)-473-0292
- Private Party Contact: Priscila Peterle 8454730292x
A word from Brasserie 292
Brasserie 292 combines the old-world charm of Poughkeepsie's historic Main Street district with a timeless, classic Brasserie fare. Diners can choose from a menu that boasts an impressive range of selections, from our Raw Bar to the Prime Boneless Ribeye, and includes a diverse wine and beer list. Once a popular garment destination, our inviting dining room has been transformed into a spacious haven that can accommodate over 80 people. We have a simple philosophy at Brasserie 292: use fine, local ingredients coupled with traditional cookery to create an incomparable and exceptional dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie 292 reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (33)romantic (27)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (14)good for groups (13)hot spot (10)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Poughkeepsie?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014We were surprised to find such a great restaurant in Poughkeepsie last winter. Loved it then, even after struggling over snow banks and icy sidewalks and loved it again in September 2014. Excellent service, great bar, fantastic food--they really know how to prepare fish but my vegetarian husband had no problem finding options. The interior took us back to Christmas in Paris--really felt like we were on vacation. We live 90 minutes away but I would consider driving that distance for a meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemGreenVIPDined on 9/12/2014We were traveling to Lenox Mass & searched for a nice place for lunch on open table and the internet. This place came up. It was excellent in all aspects except service was a little off, i.e., slow. Otherwise, I will return if I'm in the area and will tell my friends about it too.Special Features:
- So many good things to say!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We love Brasserie 292! We have dined here many times and each time we had a delicious meal, great service, friendly staff, and just an overall enjoyable experience! We recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for great food, atmosphere, and superb service. Thank you Brasserie 292. We will be dining again soon! The Matesic FamilySpecial Features:
- Another great experienceSharDined on 8/31/2014Second time at this wonderful restaurant. I would rate the service and food as good as any good restaurant in NYC at half or less the cost. Service was impeccable as was the food. One of the best prepared escargot we've had. Having been at other restaurants in the area, would absolutely rank this as number one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dutchess County Culinary Gem!diner1Dined on 8/29/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Dutchess County. Terrific vibe, amazing food, outstanding wait staff. Creative chef turns out delicious dishes every time. I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodieWinoDined on 8/28/2014Place is beautiful. Service was great. Bathroom very clean. Food was incredibly salty, wine was old and minimal selections. Flies everywhere, made it pretty gross. Bartender made great mixed drinks. Will never go back :(
- Great-TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014This is my third time patronizing this restaurant and I have always enjoyed the food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchCanonRiderDined on 8/24/2014It was nice to introduce someone he to the Hudson Valley to Brasserie 292. I had a great BLT that was over the top, and Lew said the French Toast was excellent. The decor is awesome and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy "city" brasserieMariDined on 8/22/2014We really like this place. It is like eating in Manhattan. Food is typical brasserie fare, and is very good. We both had steaks, and they were cooked perfectly. It was a busy Friday evening, and our waitress was friendly, but seemed to neglect our table. We requested more bread, but it was never delivered. Water was refilled, but the bottle of wine on the table was left to us to pour. Dessert was ordered, but took about 15 minutes to deliver. I would still come back, but hope the service will improve.Special Features:
- Solid French fareJoelcslimDined on 8/13/2014Food was spot on with well thought out French food for the modern palate. Bold, flavorful and rich not not creamy or heavy to the point of being too rich. The people definitely knew what they are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServicesatnitespecialDined on 8/2/2014Last minute reservation w/requested booth, arrival none available. They reviewed, shuffled and VOILA we were in a booth. Apologies my fav waitress was no longer there and we were introduced to a spot on waiter. Their training program must be stellar. I dropped my napkin and before I could reach for it, the waiter was handing me a new one. The food was a difficult decision, I went outside my comfort zone and was rewarded with every taste. I didn't like lentils but I'm converted. The Moscow Mule and was served ice cold in the copper mug - perfection! We were fat and happy, then the dessert menu arrived. Profiteroles w/expresso and thank you very much. When I want to dine special and relaxed this is my go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in a not so great ArearobkapVIPDined on 7/26/2014We went for a Weekend Getaway to the Poughkeepsie Area and needed a good restaurant to eat in on Saturday evening. The Open table reviews were very good so we gave it a try. On the way to the restaurant we passed a rather run down area and my wife was reluctant to continue. The block the restaurant was on mixed with empty stores. We found a spot right in front and entered. We were seated immediately and the interior was from back in the 1950s, with the iron ceilings and tiny tiled floors. The waitress was cute and efficient and when we got our dishes we were very pleasantly surprised. We both had the scallops, and they were delicious. All in all a very pleasant dining experience!!Special Features:
- FoodieFamilyFiveVIPDined on 7/26/2014As always, really really really good. Food and wine were outstanding tonight. And, ad always, the service was spot on.Special Features:
- Great lunchTomTravelsDined on 7/24/2014Best mussels this side of Paris! Good service, friendly and attentive staff. Really nice for lunch or before attending a local evening event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Excellent cocktails and a good wine list. Staff were pleasant and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Outstanding restaurant ! We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary with friends and we had a wonderful meal and evening !Special Features:
- Poughkeepsie Group DinnerCTreviewerDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food, attractive restaurant. Street parking available. Party of 8 and they graciously accommodated pushing the time back by 1/2 hour.Special Features:
- paulybDined on 7/13/2014This was for my wife a friend and myself.I have been here before.Food was good but not great.My 1st time here the food was outstanding.The last 2 times it was good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBrunchDined on 6/20/2014Fantastic steak and food in general. Bourbon drinks were top knotch!Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 6/15/2014This was our third visit to Brassiere 292. Each time we have dined here the food and service have been exceptional.Special Features:
- Everything was perfectwalter69nyDined on 6/15/2014We had a Fathers Day lunch/brunch here and it was really great. I had the smoked salmon platter (a great variation on an old standard) and the fish and chips (very fresh fish well prepared and tasty 'chips').Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why I keep coming back.JCL928Dined on 6/14/2014Love Brasserie 292. The food is always excellent. If you love mussels you must get the mussels & fries. The tasso ham, leeks, cream has such a great flavor to go with the 2 dozen mussels. My wife just loved her mustard crusted salmon and potato gratin. We never miss at Brasserie 292. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I ate at this restaurant with another couple. We ordered 2 salmon dishes, 1 mussel dish and 1 chicken dish. We all really enjoyed our food but my husband thought the chicken was a little bland. The waiter did bring us a complimentary salad big enough for all of us. The location was perfect for us since we were seeing a show at Bardavon which was right around the corner.Special Features:
- Disappointed With Brasserie 292XxxlocalDined on 6/14/2014We live in Poughkeepsie, and are the type of people who really love to buy local, and support our local economy, so we make it our mission to frequent the restaurants in Poughkeepsie. Just recently, we chose the Brasserie 292, but had a very disappointing experience, and as a result we do not want to go back again any time soon. We purposely made an early reservation to give us enough time to really enjoy our dinner before a show, but nothing about our dinner was enjoyable. The service timing was really off, the salad boring, the entrée shrimp special was difficult to deal with, dry tasting, and for the most part inedible (we were never told that it would be served whole). We are very disappointed because we once really liked it there.
- Beautiful space, food averageCarolinaBeckyVIPDined on 6/14/2014This looks like an idealized Parisian bistro and is a beautiful space. The menu is nice but execution is average, making it fair to average value. Cocktails very interesting but my cocktail-blogging NYC friend found his Martinez undrinkable; waitress pleasant but no one seemed to notice a totally full cocktail glass at meal's end and no one asked why.
- Authentic French BrasserieVassarGradDined on 6/13/2014From the decor to the menu, this is a real French brasserie, a taste of Paris in Poughkeepsie. Service is always attentive and food is always tasty.Special Features:
- SeafoodJB10025Dined on 6/6/2014Oysters on half shell were excellent Bouillabaisse was not traditional, but was excellent. Prawns on top were buttery, garlicky delicious, apparently broiled. plenty of seafood in the main soup. Beet salad was well made, plenty of beets!Special Features:
- Wonderful!StacyDined on 6/6/2014The restaurant is absolutely beautiful! High ceilings decorated with vibrant subway tile and a gorgeous white marble bar! Then the food! Oysters, strip steak & the most amazing seafood stew which was their Friday special!!!! Truly unreal!!!! I can't wait to go back! And try the French martini!!! Delic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Great meal. Everything we expected and more. Great French food and very gourmet without being stingy. The service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience and great foodAndresDined on 6/6/2014We had a great time. I took my wife here for a romantic 44 year wedding anniversary and it was great. The food was amazing. Very unique food combinations (try the bone marrow and the fries au cheval). And the atmosphere was great. The staff was very very diligent and friendly and prompt.The manager knew exactly when to bring out the flowers I had arranged to send to the restaurant to surprise my wife. Loved the whole experience.Special Features:
- Dinner on ThursdayLongIslandLadyVIPDined on 6/3/2014We had the Thursday special of gnocchi. It was very mushy and the sauce of short ribs, kale and ramp with roasted turnips needed something added for more flavor. We shared a beet salad to start which was good. If we were ever in the area again . I might give this place another try. I do not like to make a judgement on only one try.
- Continue to be impresseditsthateasy5813Dined on 5/30/2014After finding this gem we have revisited several more times. Lastly with friends after a night out. Great to be able to find fine dining serving late (after 9:30 pm no less) and taking reservations at that hour too. Staff was wonderful and didn't hurry us throughout seating,ordering and finally dessert. No disappointment for foodies and good wine list too.Special Features:
- French ambianceMarWestyVIPDined on 5/24/2014I felt like I'm in a real Parisian brasserie, the ambiance was wonderful. Simple decor yet very tasteful and cozy. We had oysters - they were fresh and delicious. The food overall was very good. The service was also wonderful and friendly. We would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 264 reviews are from the Brasserie 292 reviews archive.
- specialty on old drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014They have a great line up of older cocktails all made from local ingredents and great, not really made in alot of bars or places today. I believe there is a lack of talent out there to make these drinks.Special Features:
- MimiVIPDined on 5/18/2014Took my family there for brunch this past Sunday afternoon. We had such a wonderful day. The food was terrific, service was attentive and the atmosphere was pleasant and relaxed. Would highly recommend, wish I lived closer.Special Features:
- Consistently outstandingFishkillfoodie1Dined on 5/17/2014Brasserie 292 provides a consistently excellent menu with superb attention to food and service. Wait staff is well trained and alert. I enjoy your steaks, especially your frites, as well as your soups, salads, oysters, and deserts. Well worth a visit for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemmarkDined on 5/17/2014A great find in the city of Poughkeepsie. With the Culinary Institute in Dutchess County it's amazing how few good restaurants there are. Brassarrie 292 is an exception. Great staff, great atmosphere, and of course great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodjk23VIPDined on 5/14/2014Nice menu. Good raw bar. Good wine list. Fun ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well doneBigBillDined on 5/11/2014We were in Poughkeepsie on business and were lucky enough to find this restaurant through Open Table and its ratings. The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. We would have returned there the second evening we were in town but it was closed on Monday night. My only quibble is that when we asked the waiter for a recommendation for Monday night, he sent us to the Mill House Brewery where our experience was far less positive.Special Features:
- RichVIPDined on 5/11/2014Outstanding as always. Superb cheese plate. Luscious oysters with mignonette. Great mussels. BUT they are always out of the panna cotta! What gives?