292-294 Main Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserie292.com/
- Phone: (845) 473-0292
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mark Margiotta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Brasserie 292 offers off-site catering, for more information please call (845)-473-0292
- Private Party Contact: Priscila Peterle 8454730292x
A word from Brasserie 292
Brasserie 292 combines the old-world charm of Poughkeepsie's historic Main Street district with a timeless, classic Brasserie fare. Diners can choose from a menu that boasts an impressive range of selections, from our Raw Bar to the Prime Boneless Ribeye, and includes a diverse wine and beer list. Once a popular garment destination, our inviting dining room has been transformed into a spacious haven that can accommodate over 80 people. We have a simple philosophy at Brasserie 292: use fine, local ingredients coupled with traditional cookery to create an incomparable and exceptional dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie 292 reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (36)special occasion (32)romantic (27)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (14)good for groups (13)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Birthday BashOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014We had the best time here for my birthday. Our waitress was a doll and the food and drinks were amazing! The wine list was extremely impressive and we were given the perfect amount of attention. This restaurant is a little gem in Poughkeepsie and I truly recommend going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeighborhoodRibbyDined on 11/11/2014Everything was great except for the neighborhood was very seedySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Touch of ParisRetired2VIPDined on 11/11/2014We sat in a booth with a round table which was much more cozy than the little tables for two. The warm baguette was crusty and rustic as I remembered them in Paris! Our meal was carefully prepared and flavorful. Although the broth of the onion soup was not a rich as I have had in the past, it was generously covered with baked gruyere cheese which almost made up for it! The entree of organic chicken breast was perfectly prepared and the seasoned, crisp skin could not be resisted and had to be eaten with the moist white meat and sauce. The creme brûlée was delicate and the burnt sugar cracked as it should! Definitely worth another visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Slow Food - NOTAllmerlotDined on 11/11/2014Big disappointment- a far cry from two years ago when the food product was of high quality and the classic dishes were expertly prepared. It appears the new owners are experiencing some real growing pains. I did not see a concerned visible management person who cared about the snail-paced service nor did I receive apology. The waitstaff was apologetic and did their best to to soften the unexcusable 1:45 minute lunch to be served an appetizer, entree and dessert - a new example of slow food-
- Definitely will go backkipperDined on 11/8/2014Found this great place to take our friends for a thank you dinner. We had never heard of it, but relied on the good reviews. Turns out that our daughter and her friend (a chef) had been there and said they loved it. We could not have been happier. Food was great, wine was great and the decor was just beautiful. Nice NYC feel, with the white subway tiles and very pretty lighting. The only slightly negative comment is that while, we had 6pm reservations, which we consider early, there were several items that were in limited # or not available at all. Luckily, there were so many other options that we were very happy with! Head on over. You won't be sorrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Everything was great until a couple was sat right next to us and the man was being very loud and annoying. The tables are extremely close together, too close really.Special Features:
- Superb experienceGreateatsDined on 11/6/2014A true French dining experience. A charming Bistrot with impeccable service. We had the lunch special. The onion soup was the best ever with caramelized onions for a sweet flavor. The bread and butter was excellent. Both of us enjoyed our main dishes and the Devine crime brûlée for dessert was Devine and well worth the calories. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindexcellentVIPDined on 11/4/2014This restaurant had everything you would not expect for the area. The decor was beautiful and the food was excellent and served well. Our waiter Nick was very accommodating and I would not hesitate to return. The staff were very welcoming and did not try to rush you out of the restaurant. Try this restaurant and you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- DarkwitchDined on 11/2/2014Overall very pleasant evening. We find that going on a Sunday afternoon or during the week provides the best dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary AnnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014While in Poughkeepsie for work, spotted this place while walking home from dinner at another delicious restaurant. The atmosphere is great, feel like you are in France, black and white checked floors, stunning bar, and large mirrors. Went with a large group on a Wednesday night and they had no trouble finding us a table. Food was delicious, required gluten free and vegetarian meals, no problem! Waitress was knowledgeable and prompt. We requested separate checks which were provided with no problem. I ordered a beet appetizer, a pasta entree, 2 glasses of wine and dessert, tip was added in, the total of $79.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experiencepoks2kDined on 10/24/2014We've dined here several times and have always had a good experience. Our server was very attentive, helpful pleasant. Food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an unexpected delightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014We didn't expect the Brasserie 292 to be as enjoyable as it was. Whenever we're in Poughkeepsie we frequent a certain restaurant across the street, but, sadly, went there a few weeks ago and was not impressed at all. Heading to Poughkeepsie of a concert at the Bardavon we opted to try one of the restaurants they recommended that was within walking distance to the theater. So glad we did. We loved the ambiance, it was lively but not too loud, the service, excellent, friendly, knowledgeable and the food divine. The cheese platter, outstanding, our main course excellent. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Needs to be betterfoodiefamilyDined on 10/24/2014While the drinks (bartender excellent) and appetizers were very good I thougt the main courses were not very good with the exception of the steak. I had the cappelini which was pasta swimming in a huge pool of flavorless sauce. The boulliubase was quite generous with the seafood but the broth that it was served in was lacking in flavor. Our waitress was not very attentive, she never asked if we wanted more from the bar, we would have ordered more drinks if she checked on our party of four and the only time she was present was to serve us our food. She never checked on our needs during the meal, she reappeared with dessert menus at the end of the meal. There is no excuse for average service in an expensive restaurant.Special Features:
- Gem of the areaSclturkDined on 10/24/2014We always enjoy our dinner at this restaurant. They have many inspired choices and everything is always well prepared. It's really beautiful inside and the service has always been excellent. They have interesting specials. The regular menu has many good choices. The French onion soup was really delicious. I had Branzino which had an excellent preparation and I finished every bit of it. Someone in our party had the mussels which were outstanding. My only complaint is that the specials were quite expensive. We all thought of getting the mushroom risotto but our server said it was $40. I don't think I pay that even when I'm in Manhattan.Special Features:
- Poughkeepsie's Best ResturantRushFanDined on 10/23/2014New York Feel, Upscale Menu at a Reasonable Price and another Hudson Valley Gem. This is a great place for a special evening or date night. It is only expensive if you order lots of food and drinks which you will because everything is enticing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brassersie 292 Poughkeepsie NYGSJ2Dined on 10/12/2014The food was excellent. The service is outstanding. The influence of the CIA school a few miles north has made it a restaurant that will satisfy diners. The decor is very like Metropolitan styles and it is eye catching. It is best to attend this restaurant when it is less busy as the tile walls and other hard surfaces do not damp down the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findjoalgDined on 10/12/2014We found this restaurant on the website for the Hudson Walk. We were pleasantly surprised how lovely it was inside! We were also pleasantly surprised to see that there was a music trio that entertained us during our brunch! The service was exceptional and so was the food. Both of our brunch choices came with a small salad of very fresh greens and a small dish of delicious berries. We had the profiteroles for dessert. It was amazing! I highly recommend this restaurant! Amazing find in Poughkeepsie!Special Features:
- French at it's Best in the BigAppelelsieADined on 10/12/2014We came for Sunday BRUNCH! The food was excellent and the bread and pastries were freshly baked. I order my Bir Royale but the bar was only open at 12noon, apparently it was the state rule but our waitress was very polite in explaining the rules and was very apologetic. She served our table with a nice smile and she was very attentive to our needs. The live jazz band played in a perfect volume that add to the ambiance of the place. I will definitely come back and recommend this place.Special Features:
- Changes for the worseBobbyroatanVIPDined on 10/11/2014The Place was disorganized. Drinks came late and in the wring glasswear. Food was slow and incomplete. Portions were embarrassingly small. The brasseriere was much better before the change in the kitchen. We wont be back.Special Features:
- DependableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We shared a green salad and had the filet mignon and braised short ribs. The filet was very good, while the short ribs were a bit fatty and not as good as before. The butternut squash puree, however, was delicious. They were very busy but service was well-timed.
- Great food, best in PoughkeepsieDFoodie1Dined on 10/10/2014There are not too many good restaurants this far out of NYC, but this is one of them. The food is great and service is well above average. The menu is just the right size and specials are excellent. The drink menu is also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We come to Brasserie at least once a month and enjoy it every time! We cannot say enough good things about this place. Delicious food- great service- and just an overall wonderful experience! -Matesic familySpecial Features:
- JJJ2Dined on 10/5/2014The four of us enjoyed our nicely prepared entrees, appetizers, soup, and salad. The staff was attentive, informative,and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT BRUNCH!hudsonvalleydinerDined on 10/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our pre-concert brunch - from the specialty cocktails and great bread to the perfectly prepared eggs benedict! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Mixed bagRichVIPDined on 9/27/2014This French bistro has a nice steak frites entree, but you can't serve cold frites.
- Like a Parisian CafeMaristDadDined on 9/27/2014Not too long ago, my wife and I sat outside the Eiffel Tower at a little restaurant and had some amazing food. Brasserie 292 reminded us of that restaurant with it's quality food and service. The appetizers were a great start to the meal and the main courses were wonderful. They have a nice wine and drinks selection, and the deserts were a nice finish to the meal. Will definitly go back to try other menu selections.Special Features:
- A great findJillBDined on 9/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here. It was our first time and we weren't sure what to expect. The service was spot on and attentive and the meal was well paced. Most importantly, Our water glasses were always full. My husband and I were taking our college freshman daughter and her 4 friends for their first "real" meal since they started school. They all agreed it was amazing food. Another thing I liked was that we were able to order a carafe of wine instead of a full bottle. I'm sure we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poughkeepsie?msannie57Dined on 9/12/2014We were surprised to find such a great restaurant in Poughkeepsie last winter. Loved it then, even after struggling over snow banks and icy sidewalks and loved it again in September 2014. Excellent service, great bar, fantastic food--they really know how to prepare fish but my vegetarian husband had no problem finding options. The interior took us back to Christmas in Paris--really felt like we were on vacation. We live 90 minutes away but I would consider driving that distance for a meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemGreenVIPDined on 9/12/2014We were traveling to Lenox Mass & searched for a nice place for lunch on open table and the internet. This place came up. It was excellent in all aspects except service was a little off, i.e., slow. Otherwise, I will return if I'm in the area and will tell my friends about it too.Special Features:
- So many good things to say!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We love Brasserie 292! We have dined here many times and each time we had a delicious meal, great service, friendly staff, and just an overall enjoyable experience! We recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for great food, atmosphere, and superb service. Thank you Brasserie 292. We will be dining again soon! The Matesic FamilySpecial Features:
- Another great experienceSharDined on 8/31/2014Second time at this wonderful restaurant. I would rate the service and food as good as any good restaurant in NYC at half or less the cost. Service was impeccable as was the food. One of the best prepared escargot we've had. Having been at other restaurants in the area, would absolutely rank this as number one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dutchess County Culinary Gem!diner1Dined on 8/29/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Dutchess County. Terrific vibe, amazing food, outstanding wait staff. Creative chef turns out delicious dishes every time. I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodieWinoDined on 8/28/2014Place is beautiful. Service was great. Bathroom very clean. Food was incredibly salty, wine was old and minimal selections. Flies everywhere, made it pretty gross. Bartender made great mixed drinks. Will never go back :(
- Great-TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014This is my third time patronizing this restaurant and I have always enjoyed the food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchCanonRiderDined on 8/24/2014It was nice to introduce someone he to the Hudson Valley to Brasserie 292. I had a great BLT that was over the top, and Lew said the French Toast was excellent. The decor is awesome and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy "city" brasserieMariDined on 8/22/2014We really like this place. It is like eating in Manhattan. Food is typical brasserie fare, and is very good. We both had steaks, and they were cooked perfectly. It was a busy Friday evening, and our waitress was friendly, but seemed to neglect our table. We requested more bread, but it was never delivered. Water was refilled, but the bottle of wine on the table was left to us to pour. Dessert was ordered, but took about 15 minutes to deliver. I would still come back, but hope the service will improve.Special Features:
- Solid French fareJoelcslimDined on 8/13/2014Food was spot on with well thought out French food for the modern palate. Bold, flavorful and rich not not creamy or heavy to the point of being too rich. The people definitely knew what they are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServicesatnitespecialDined on 8/2/2014Last minute reservation w/requested booth, arrival none available. They reviewed, shuffled and VOILA we were in a booth. Apologies my fav waitress was no longer there and we were introduced to a spot on waiter. Their training program must be stellar. I dropped my napkin and before I could reach for it, the waiter was handing me a new one. The food was a difficult decision, I went outside my comfort zone and was rewarded with every taste. I didn't like lentils but I'm converted. The Moscow Mule and was served ice cold in the copper mug - perfection! We were fat and happy, then the dessert menu arrived. Profiteroles w/expresso and thank you very much. When I want to dine special and relaxed this is my go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 286 reviews are from the Brasserie 292 reviews archive.
- Great Food in a not so great ArearobkapVIPDined on 7/26/2014We went for a Weekend Getaway to the Poughkeepsie Area and needed a good restaurant to eat in on Saturday evening. The Open table reviews were very good so we gave it a try. On the way to the restaurant we passed a rather run down area and my wife was reluctant to continue. The block the restaurant was on mixed with empty stores. We found a spot right in front and entered. We were seated immediately and the interior was from back in the 1950s, with the iron ceilings and tiny tiled floors. The waitress was cute and efficient and when we got our dishes we were very pleasantly surprised. We both had the scallops, and they were delicious. All in all a very pleasant dining experience!!Special Features:
- FoodieFamilyFiveVIPDined on 7/26/2014As always, really really really good. Food and wine were outstanding tonight. And, ad always, the service was spot on.Special Features: