292-294 Main Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserie292.com/
- Phone: 8454730292x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Mark Margiotta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Brasserie 292 offers off-site catering, for more information please call (845)-473-0292
- Private Party Contact: Priscila Peterle 8454730292x
A word from Brasserie 292
Brasserie 292 combines the old-world charm of Poughkeepsie's historic Main Street district with a timeless, classic Brasserie fare. Diners can choose from a menu that boasts an impressive range of selections, from our Raw Bar to the Prime Boneless Ribeye, and includes a diverse wine and beer list. Once a popular garment destination, our inviting dining room has been transformed into a spacious haven that can accommodate over 80 people. We have a simple philosophy at Brasserie 292: use fine, local ingredients coupled with traditional cookery to create an incomparable and exceptional dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie 292 reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (29)romantic (24)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (13)hot spot (10)good for groups (10)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always a good experiencepoks2kDined on 10/24/2014We've dined here several times and have always had a good experience. Our server was very attentive, helpful pleasant. Food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an unexpected delightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014We didn't expect the Brasserie 292 to be as enjoyable as it was. Whenever we're in Poughkeepsie we frequent a certain restaurant across the street, but, sadly, went there a few weeks ago and was not impressed at all. Heading to Poughkeepsie of a concert at the Bardavon we opted to try one of the restaurants they recommended that was within walking distance to the theater. So glad we did. We loved the ambiance, it was lively but not too loud, the service, excellent, friendly, knowledgeable and the food divine. The cheese platter, outstanding, our main course excellent. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Needs to be betterfoodiefamilyDined on 10/24/2014While the drinks (bartender excellent) and appetizers were very good I thougt the main courses were not very good with the exception of the steak. I had the cappelini which was pasta swimming in a huge pool of flavorless sauce. The boulliubase was quite generous with the seafood but the broth that it was served in was lacking in flavor. Our waitress was not very attentive, she never asked if we wanted more from the bar, we would have ordered more drinks if she checked on our party of four and the only time she was present was to serve us our food. She never checked on our needs during the meal, she reappeared with dessert menus at the end of the meal. There is no excuse for average service in an expensive restaurant.Special Features:
- Gem of the areaSclturkDined on 10/24/2014We always enjoy our dinner at this restaurant. They have many inspired choices and everything is always well prepared. It's really beautiful inside and the service has always been excellent. They have interesting specials. The regular menu has many good choices. The French onion soup was really delicious. I had Branzino which had an excellent preparation and I finished every bit of it. Someone in our party had the mussels which were outstanding. My only complaint is that the specials were quite expensive. We all thought of getting the mushroom risotto but our server said it was $40. I don't think I pay that even when I'm in Manhattan.Special Features:
- Poughkeepsie's Best ResturantRushFanDined on 10/23/2014New York Feel, Upscale Menu at a Reasonable Price and another Hudson Valley Gem. This is a great place for a special evening or date night. It is only expensive if you order lots of food and drinks which you will because everything is enticing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brassersie 292 Poughkeepsie NYGSJ2Dined on 10/12/2014The food was excellent. The service is outstanding. The influence of the CIA school a few miles north has made it a restaurant that will satisfy diners. The decor is very like Metropolitan styles and it is eye catching. It is best to attend this restaurant when it is less busy as the tile walls and other hard surfaces do not damp down the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findjoalgDined on 10/12/2014We found this restaurant on the website for the Hudson Walk. We were pleasantly surprised how lovely it was inside! We were also pleasantly surprised to see that there was a music trio that entertained us during our brunch! The service was exceptional and so was the food. Both of our brunch choices came with a small salad of very fresh greens and a small dish of delicious berries. We had the profiteroles for dessert. It was amazing! I highly recommend this restaurant! Amazing find in Poughkeepsie!Special Features:
- French at it's Best in the BigAppelelsieADined on 10/12/2014We came for Sunday BRUNCH! The food was excellent and the bread and pastries were freshly baked. I order my Bir Royale but the bar was only open at 12noon, apparently it was the state rule but our waitress was very polite in explaining the rules and was very apologetic. She served our table with a nice smile and she was very attentive to our needs. The live jazz band played in a perfect volume that add to the ambiance of the place. I will definitely come back and recommend this place.Special Features:
- Changes for the worseBobbyroatanVIPDined on 10/11/2014The Place was disorganized. Drinks came late and in the wring glasswear. Food was slow and incomplete. Portions were embarrassingly small. The brasseriere was much better before the change in the kitchen. We wont be back.Special Features:
- DependableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We shared a green salad and had the filet mignon and braised short ribs. The filet was very good, while the short ribs were a bit fatty and not as good as before. The butternut squash puree, however, was delicious. They were very busy but service was well-timed.
- Great food, best in PoughkeepsieDFoodie1Dined on 10/10/2014There are not too many good restaurants this far out of NYC, but this is one of them. The food is great and service is well above average. The menu is just the right size and specials are excellent. The drink menu is also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We come to Brasserie at least once a month and enjoy it every time! We cannot say enough good things about this place. Delicious food- great service- and just an overall wonderful experience! -Matesic familySpecial Features:
- JJJ2Dined on 10/5/2014The four of us enjoyed our nicely prepared entrees, appetizers, soup, and salad. The staff was attentive, informative,and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT BRUNCH!hudsonvalleydinerDined on 10/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our pre-concert brunch - from the specialty cocktails and great bread to the perfectly prepared eggs benedict! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Mixed bagRichVIPDined on 9/27/2014This French bistro has a nice steak frites entree, but you can't serve cold frites.
- Like a Parisian CafeMaristDadDined on 9/27/2014Not too long ago, my wife and I sat outside the Eiffel Tower at a little restaurant and had some amazing food. Brasserie 292 reminded us of that restaurant with it's quality food and service. The appetizers were a great start to the meal and the main courses were wonderful. They have a nice wine and drinks selection, and the deserts were a nice finish to the meal. Will definitly go back to try other menu selections.Special Features:
- A great findJillBDined on 9/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here. It was our first time and we weren't sure what to expect. The service was spot on and attentive and the meal was well paced. Most importantly, Our water glasses were always full. My husband and I were taking our college freshman daughter and her 4 friends for their first "real" meal since they started school. They all agreed it was amazing food. Another thing I liked was that we were able to order a carafe of wine instead of a full bottle. I'm sure we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poughkeepsie?msannie57Dined on 9/12/2014We were surprised to find such a great restaurant in Poughkeepsie last winter. Loved it then, even after struggling over snow banks and icy sidewalks and loved it again in September 2014. Excellent service, great bar, fantastic food--they really know how to prepare fish but my vegetarian husband had no problem finding options. The interior took us back to Christmas in Paris--really felt like we were on vacation. We live 90 minutes away but I would consider driving that distance for a meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemGreenVIPDined on 9/12/2014We were traveling to Lenox Mass & searched for a nice place for lunch on open table and the internet. This place came up. It was excellent in all aspects except service was a little off, i.e., slow. Otherwise, I will return if I'm in the area and will tell my friends about it too.Special Features:
- So many good things to say!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We love Brasserie 292! We have dined here many times and each time we had a delicious meal, great service, friendly staff, and just an overall enjoyable experience! We recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for great food, atmosphere, and superb service. Thank you Brasserie 292. We will be dining again soon! The Matesic FamilySpecial Features:
- Another great experienceSharDined on 8/31/2014Second time at this wonderful restaurant. I would rate the service and food as good as any good restaurant in NYC at half or less the cost. Service was impeccable as was the food. One of the best prepared escargot we've had. Having been at other restaurants in the area, would absolutely rank this as number one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dutchess County Culinary Gem!diner1Dined on 8/29/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Dutchess County. Terrific vibe, amazing food, outstanding wait staff. Creative chef turns out delicious dishes every time. I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodieWinoDined on 8/28/2014Place is beautiful. Service was great. Bathroom very clean. Food was incredibly salty, wine was old and minimal selections. Flies everywhere, made it pretty gross. Bartender made great mixed drinks. Will never go back :(
- Great-TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014This is my third time patronizing this restaurant and I have always enjoyed the food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchCanonRiderDined on 8/24/2014It was nice to introduce someone he to the Hudson Valley to Brasserie 292. I had a great BLT that was over the top, and Lew said the French Toast was excellent. The decor is awesome and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy "city" brasserieMariDined on 8/22/2014We really like this place. It is like eating in Manhattan. Food is typical brasserie fare, and is very good. We both had steaks, and they were cooked perfectly. It was a busy Friday evening, and our waitress was friendly, but seemed to neglect our table. We requested more bread, but it was never delivered. Water was refilled, but the bottle of wine on the table was left to us to pour. Dessert was ordered, but took about 15 minutes to deliver. I would still come back, but hope the service will improve.Special Features:
- Solid French fareJoelcslimDined on 8/13/2014Food was spot on with well thought out French food for the modern palate. Bold, flavorful and rich not not creamy or heavy to the point of being too rich. The people definitely knew what they are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServicesatnitespecialDined on 8/2/2014Last minute reservation w/requested booth, arrival none available. They reviewed, shuffled and VOILA we were in a booth. Apologies my fav waitress was no longer there and we were introduced to a spot on waiter. Their training program must be stellar. I dropped my napkin and before I could reach for it, the waiter was handing me a new one. The food was a difficult decision, I went outside my comfort zone and was rewarded with every taste. I didn't like lentils but I'm converted. The Moscow Mule and was served ice cold in the copper mug - perfection! We were fat and happy, then the dessert menu arrived. Profiteroles w/expresso and thank you very much. When I want to dine special and relaxed this is my go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in a not so great ArearobkapVIPDined on 7/26/2014We went for a Weekend Getaway to the Poughkeepsie Area and needed a good restaurant to eat in on Saturday evening. The Open table reviews were very good so we gave it a try. On the way to the restaurant we passed a rather run down area and my wife was reluctant to continue. The block the restaurant was on mixed with empty stores. We found a spot right in front and entered. We were seated immediately and the interior was from back in the 1950s, with the iron ceilings and tiny tiled floors. The waitress was cute and efficient and when we got our dishes we were very pleasantly surprised. We both had the scallops, and they were delicious. All in all a very pleasant dining experience!!Special Features:
- FoodieFamilyFiveVIPDined on 7/26/2014As always, really really really good. Food and wine were outstanding tonight. And, ad always, the service was spot on.Special Features:
- Great lunchTomTravelsDined on 7/24/2014Best mussels this side of Paris! Good service, friendly and attentive staff. Really nice for lunch or before attending a local evening event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Excellent cocktails and a good wine list. Staff were pleasant and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Outstanding restaurant ! We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary with friends and we had a wonderful meal and evening !Special Features:
- Poughkeepsie Group DinnerCTreviewerDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food, attractive restaurant. Street parking available. Party of 8 and they graciously accommodated pushing the time back by 1/2 hour.Special Features:
- paulybDined on 7/13/2014This was for my wife a friend and myself.I have been here before.Food was good but not great.My 1st time here the food was outstanding.The last 2 times it was good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 279 reviews are from the Brasserie 292 reviews archive.
- FantasticBrunchDined on 6/20/2014Fantastic steak and food in general. Bourbon drinks were top knotch!Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 6/15/2014This was our third visit to Brassiere 292. Each time we have dined here the food and service have been exceptional.Special Features:
- Everything was perfectwalter69nyDined on 6/15/2014We had a Fathers Day lunch/brunch here and it was really great. I had the smoked salmon platter (a great variation on an old standard) and the fish and chips (very fresh fish well prepared and tasty 'chips').Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why I keep coming back.JCL928Dined on 6/14/2014Love Brasserie 292. The food is always excellent. If you love mussels you must get the mussels & fries. The tasso ham, leeks, cream has such a great flavor to go with the 2 dozen mussels. My wife just loved her mustard crusted salmon and potato gratin. We never miss at Brasserie 292. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I ate at this restaurant with another couple. We ordered 2 salmon dishes, 1 mussel dish and 1 chicken dish. We all really enjoyed our food but my husband thought the chicken was a little bland. The waiter did bring us a complimentary salad big enough for all of us. The location was perfect for us since we were seeing a show at Bardavon which was right around the corner.Special Features: