Brasserie 214 at The Inn at New Hyde Park
214 Jericho Turnpike
New Hyde Park, NY 11040Neighborhood:
New Hyde Park
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Brasserie 214 at The Inn at New Hyde Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserie214.com/
- Phone: (516) 354-7797
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday: 12:00 - 9:00pm
Thursday: 12:00 - 9:00pm
Friday: 12:00- 11:00pm (DJ plays until midnight)(live music until 1:00am)
Saturday: 12:00-11:00pm (live music10pm until 1:00am)
Sunday: 11:00am-9:00pm (Brunch 11am- 2:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European
- Executive Chef: Chef Tony Salluzzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have private dining rooms that can accomodate as few as 10 guests up to 400 guests. Please contact us for further information.
- Private Party Contact: Janine Krafchin 5163547797
- Entertainment: Live Music on Friday and Saturday evenings in the Oval Bar from 10pm-1am.
- Special Events: We have three private rooms available for special occasions which seat anywhere from 10-45 people. Please visit our Special Events page at: http://www.brasserie214.com/special-events.php
A word from Brasserie 214 at The Inn at New Hyde Park
Brasserie 214 is a unique European style restaurant found within the Inn at New Hyde Park. It features cuisines from Belgium, France, Tuscany, Germany, Holland, and Scandinavia. The Brasserie's famous Oval Bar offers live music on weekends and has cozy booths where customers can enjoy the extensive European beer selection. Serving Sunday Brunch from 11am-2pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie 214 at The Inn at New Hyde Park reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (13)vibrant bar scene (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)good for groups (4)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Not up to parJoeHDined on 11/8/2014Have been to Brasserie 214 a number of times before but I have to say I this time I was disappointed. Maybe it was the Restaurant Week price fix special but neither the service nor the food were up to the standard I have come to expect. The French onion soup was a watered down version of something and was a charcoal/burned taste to the cheese. The prime rib was bland, fingerling potatoes under-cooked and asparagus was cold. The chocolate mousse cake was also dry and rather tasteless. We had also requested a special occasion for one of our table members but that was totally forgotten by the staff.Special Features:
- luvgoodfoodDined on 11/7/2014Going to dinner was a last minute decision so we picked Brassiere 214 because it's local, what a phenomenal find we had a fantastic meal, lovely server and overall fantastic time. From the Valet to the end of our meal it was nothing but a wonderful evening I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Food good/ambiance and service badcantstnadthenoiseVIPDined on 11/6/2014Arrival at 615 and dinner over at 845 for a 3 course prix fixe meal and one drink beforehand. Service dreadful. This could be a lovely dining experience, if you didn't need half a day for dinner. The other problem is the noise level. Their bar, where one can also dine, has live music 2 nights a week and , the night I was there, karaoke. The sliding doors between the bar and dining area were constantly opening and closing each time new diners arrived or when a waiter brought in a drink from the bar, making conversation in the dining room almost impossible each time this happened. If they could find another entrance for diners or another way for waiters to get to the bar and back, it would eliminate this problem. It spoiled a very nice meal.
- Will come backbrunchisus11362Dined on 11/2/2014Great enjoyed it very much!!! Will definitely come back often.Special Features:
- Get the duck!anp13Dined on 10/25/2014Consider sharing a mussel pot to start. But don't miss the best duck in all of New York!! Roasted and then flambeed at the table, finished with a lingonberry and grand marnier sauce... never greasy and never gamey. The service is every bit as good as the food, with professional wait staff who will make you feel like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner SelectionsCommander0621Dined on 10/20/2014We enjoyed the salad, main course, & dessert/coffee from the price fixed dinner menu together with our drinks. The ambience, food, & service were all very good.Special Features:
- Happy meHappyMeDined on 10/19/2014This is a favorite of ours. The food is great and the bartender knows the deal. Ask for Terry as your waitress to have a flawless meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014We have enjoyed many a special occasion here and are never disappointed. Terry is a great server and we enjoy the experience very much.Special Features:
- Great findAjs426Dined on 10/5/2014I love in the area and always pass Brasserie 214. We finally stopped in for brunch on Sunday. Best decision ever. The prices were perfect, you recieved a lot of food which was great and the service was excellent. The food was amazing as well. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable spotLove2eatoutDined on 9/7/2014This restaurant never disappoints! The food is good and the service is attentive This was our first time for brunch and we will certainly go back.Special Features:
- JCVAUGDined on 8/31/2014This is our go-to restaurant for any occasion. The a la carte menu choice is OK. The food is very good as well as the service.Special Features:
- Great Local ChoiceLauraJeanDined on 8/6/2014The food and service here are great. Their prix fixe dinner nights are fairly priced ($30 for a lobster dinner on Wednesdays) and the sangria is delicious and only $15 a pitcher. On the other hand, I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic date. Due to the small dining room, all tables are close together and having a private conversation is not possible (neither is not overhearing the party seated next to you). Additionally, due to the dining room's close proximity to the bar, it is noisy (especially on a Thursday when there is karaoke). Overall this is a great neighborhood place for tasty food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 179 reviews are from the Brasserie 214 at The Inn at New Hyde Park reviews archive.
- Pleasantly surprisedalexzDined on 7/14/2014After reading reviews from other people, we were not sure what to expect. Reviews were both good and bad. Having eaten there we were very pleased with the restaurant. The service was excellent, mussels were delicious, caesar salad was very good. The only disappointing item was the salad with pears and blue cheese. The blue cheese and dressing were bland. However, the lamb chops and seafood fra diablo were excellent.Special Features:
- Bad Service, OK FoodRa1x1Dined on 6/15/2014Did not enjoy my evening at this restaurant. Was my first time here and will not return. Both service and food was not good .
- TerribleJlarlottaDined on 6/6/2014The best part of my experience was a joke the Valet guys tried to play on us. Extremely overpriced for what we got.
- Don't go on Thursdays w/o earplugssanadyeatsDined on 6/5/2014The restaurant is nicely decorated and serves good food. Thursday nights w/karaoke music from the bar makes dining impossible to enjoy, which is too bad since their steak night prix fixe is a very good deal. This is not a large dining room and the sliding glass doors separating it from the very nice bar area do little to damp the very loud music. Dinner conversation was frustratingly difficult to maintain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service MattersTime2DineDined on 6/1/2014I ate at this restaurant on June 1st. We were seated at a table for two. The tables were placed very closely to each other. It was impossible to have a conversation without people next to you hearing every word you said. We waited fifteen minutes before both waiters in the room realized that neither one had taken even a drink order. There were only four other parties in the restaurant at the time. There was a manager who greeted us when we entered. He forgot about us too. The food was good, but after being ignored for a long period of time, it made for a bad experience. When I received the check, there was a number to text the manager. I did so and the text was ignored. I would never give them the chance for my business again.Special Features:
- Great Food at an Outstanding PriceBooG690VIPDined on 5/29/2014Brasserie 214 features amazing specials and great food. I went for steak night which is $25 for three courses, the main course being a big chunk of meat. On Wednesday and Thursday, the entire wine menu is half off. The dining room is small which translates to personal service. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- matteeVIPDined on 5/28/2014Wonderful food and wonderful service-a good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my 5th Time eating hereToutouDined on 5/25/2014I really enjoy dining at Brasserie 214 Excellent Atmosphere,Outstanding Service and tasty food what else can One asks For!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatexperienceDined on 5/22/2014excellent menu, food and service. The atmosphere was relaxing and no rush to finishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mothers daymomspecial2014Dined on 5/10/2014all the mothers went out for lunch to celebrate mothers day. The service and food was excellent. Also the entire meal was under one hundred dollars. The bill also included the tip and drinks. With the way things are these days, it is great to see a restaurant that has reasonable prices, great service and excellent portions. It is no secret than other restaurants charge high prices and give very small portions. The Brasserie is very convent to the house and will be used for more special occasions in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okSebastianDined on 4/27/2014The decor is nice, the service is ok, but the food is horrible.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014Food and service was very good. Great menu for Easter! We ate in the dining room which had smaller tables so not too many families. Liked that they had 3 different seatings. We had the 5PM seating and it was perfect. We have been there many times before and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- NOISY!GenuineFriendVIPDined on 3/16/2014Our group was in a small private room, much too small for the size of the group. I waiter for 20 people? Noise level, probably because of the small room was excruciating.
- Food was very good. They wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/16/2014Food was very good. They were very accomadating. Good value for the money.Special Features:
- All 4 of us had seafood fradiavlojoy20Dined on 3/15/2014All 4 of us had seafood fradiavlo and loved it. The service was very good and then we went to the bar and heard music and danced for an hour. A great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindnygirlVIPDined on 3/14/2014We had dinner here on Friday night and we were so impressed. The service was absolutely wonderful and the food delicious. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to be back ...PadraicDined on 3/12/2014I hadn't been to the NHP Inn for many years. My parents, in fact, used to go there regularly in the 70s & 80s, so I'd heard from them about how good was the food. It still is! And the renovation is wonderful, too. Delicious food ... beautiful place ... great service ... moderate cost. What more could anyone ask?Special Features:
- Enjoyable German FarespeiseDined on 3/9/2014We were celebrating a birthday and the staff allowed us to take our time for a leisurely Sunday afternoon meal. We ordered from the "Endless Oktoberfest" page of the menu which provides very good value (soup, salad, entree, desert and coffee), and tasty German dishes. The meal started with delicious assorted fresh rolls--loved the pretzel rolls! The schnitzel was particularly good, as was the potato leek soup. The staff was friendly and accomodating. This was our second time here, and we will be back. Very enjoyable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE BRUNCHGracieDined on 3/9/2014I've been to the New Hyde Park Inn before the renovations but never for brunch. My party all agreed that it was a very nice meal. We were not rushed. The service was attentive but not annoying. The food selection was varied. The presentation was nicely done. In all, it was a very pleasant experience. I would definitely return and try dinner.Special Features:
- A truly winning experience.Elmo1Dined on 3/5/2014A truly winning experience. Cannot believe that it was not a place I was familiar with all these years, Will definitely return.Special Features:
- I'd give it another trymartiniDined on 3/1/2014We had a nice time our first visit to Brassier 214. My husband ordered the dumplings to start, which he loved and I ordered the Brasserie Salad which was good but could have used more beets and less cheese. For dinner I tried to be adventurous and ordered the Dutch Indonesian Crevette, which left me disappointed. The shrimp had a breading on it which was not anticipated from the menu description and there was way too much sweet and sour sauce. My husband ordered the lamb chops which he liked so we'll go back again as the place was nice and the service was great. I wish they had some specials to give the menu a bit more variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValueSimonSezDined on 2/16/2014Dined there on a Sunday when they offer Oktoberfest, a full dinner including soup, salad, entree, dessert and coffee or tea for $25. We were a party of 4 adults and 1 toddler (very well-behaved). The service was excellent and the food fantastic. There was a good selection to choose from. My personal favorite is the wienershnitzel served with potatoes and red cabbage. My husband ordered the wurst platter also with potatoes and sauerkraut. Though they probably don't get too many children diners, they were very accommodating. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very GoodCogleDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went for Valentines Day. They had a preset menu which had a good variety of options. The fried calamari was cooked perfectly. I ordered the surf and turf. The steak was great but lobster tail was dry. It took us 3 hours to eat dinner, which was very long. However the waitress was attentive and just didn't rush us. They also had an amazing band in the bar area that was amazing. I will definitely go back and hope the band is there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemLove2eatoutDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant never disappoints! On valentines day, the special menu was wonderful and quite varied. We enjoy coming back here and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking CharacterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2014Brasserie 214 does not know who to be. When you walk in, you feel as if you are going to a wedding at a banquet hall. The bar area offers karaoke. When we were seated in the small cramped dining area, one thing was immediately apparent. No one besides a few little kids were under the age of 60. The menu is tired but the food was OK. I ate the 18oz rib eye which was cooked to a perfect medium rare. My girlfriend ate the lamb chops which were also good. Our waitress was very plain and did not take much notice to us. She did not ask how our food was. Instead she focused on the elderly people. The only reason we went to this restaurant was because of a Groupon. We would not have tried it on our own and will not be going back. 2.5 Stars
- We had our anniversary andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2014We had our anniversary and my sister in law at the same time Jan 25, 2014...The service was incredible and the food fantastic. YES we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindJoyceLDined on 1/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Brasserie 214, service was great and we had a nice quiet corner.Special Features:
- Ach du Lieber!TrishdelishDined on 12/12/2013Wonderful food, service and ambiance. Who could ask for anything more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.