1962 West Gray
Houston, TX 77019Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasserie19.com/
- Phone: 7135241919
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm-10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Charles Clark
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Shawn Virene 7135241919
A word from Brasserie 19
Brasserie 19, located in Houston’s 77019 neighborhood, offers a modern amalgamation of French brasserie fare and well-known American influences. The menu utilizes the freshest seasonal ingredients in thoughtfully prepared dishes. Brasserie 19 boasts an expansive, carefully developed wine list dedicated to pricing just above retail – a philosophy pioneered by owners Charles Clark and Grant Cooper upon opening their first restaurant, Ibiza Food & Wine Bar. Brasserie 19's sophisticated yet unpretentious interiors are bathed in cool greys and whites, with antiqued wood and white marble used throughout. Grey leather banquettes and comfortable chairs are paired with white linen and butcher paper-covered tables create a casually elegant setting for lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch. Brasserie 19 will serve lunch and dinner 7 days a week, as well as brunch on Sundays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasserie 19 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Mother's Day BrunchMichiganTransplantDined on 5/11/2014My family came to Brasserie 19 for Mother's Day brunch. My mom and my sister came down to visit from the midwest to celebrate. We were all pleased with the ambience and atmosphere of the restaurant. The food was excellent. This was really just right for what we were looking for to mark the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as it use to beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014I have frequented this restaurant many times but as I return the dining experience just gets more and more dusappointing. A year ago this restaurant was so worth the money. Service has gone down drastically. Our waitress was horrible and food was mediocre.Special Features:
- Love love their brunch menu.cmkpwebberDined on 4/6/2014Love love their brunch menu. Their baked eggs dish is fabulous and took an order to go and enjoyed it again on Monday. Bonnie was our server and she did a great job. The occasion made the rainy day go away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tone down the snootinessPRFoodieDined on 4/4/2014I have waited for a few days to go by since visiting to give a more, level-headed review...As usual, great ambiance, amazing food and drinks. However, after visiting this place on countless times, I was shocked at how our waitress looked down at my party and made sly remarks about our wine selection. (sorry, just because one can afford a $180 bottle of wine, doesn't mean you can't enjoy a $20 one). The entire night, our party was treated very clearly as a "second class" group. Really not sure why, when I am pretty confident that our waitress could not afford to eat here on her salary...but I digress.. I strongly recommend this place. I actually love this place, but I don't appreciate the treatment, just because someone does not look wealthySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!BeenThereVIPDined on 4/4/2014This is one of my favorite "go to" spots when meeting friends for lunch or dinner. It's great food and even better people watching! When the weather is nice, sit outside and you're guaranteed to run into people you know coming and going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and not Great.jcoleman67Dined on 4/3/2014The ambiance was nice. Other than that, the food was just ok. Not great... Especially at these prices!Special Features:
- Always wonderful!Gwf58VIPDined on 4/2/2014The food and service are always outstanding at this lovely restaurant! It is a real treat and a pleasure to dine there!Special Features:
- we celebrated a birthday,JoleVIPDined on 4/1/2014we celebrated a birthday, loved the cotton candy presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always have a great timecmkpwebberDined on 3/30/2014We always have a great time and a great meal here. Sara is truly an asset to the meal experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch!kmobro11Dined on 3/30/2014Had brunch here with my mother. Excellent food and generous mimosas! Nice atmosphere. Cant go wrong brunching at this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for dinner outRBARDined on 3/29/2014Food was excellent and service was too. The restaurant is very crowded around the central bar. Sitting at one of the tables close to the bar is quite irritating especially for those seated on the bar side as patrons and employees will constantly brush and bump your chair as they try to squeeze by. Request a table on far side from the hostess stand as there is more room and less traffic (the restrooms are on the other side of the bar).Special Features:
- Last SaturdayjbaliffVIPDined on 3/29/2014As always Guys, you do a great job for our post Shabbat Temple Brunch. You are particularly good to my mother, who is in a walker and handicapped. That part of your excellent service, is overlookedSpecial Features:
- Great Nice Diningdjmax101Dined on 3/28/2014Been there several times for brunch, but this was the first time for dinner. The food was great, and the wine list was amazing (and very reasonably priced).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our experienceShayDined on 3/23/2014I had high expectations for this place and thought I would come in more often for beunch. First of all our waitor barely was available for service! I believe he had to wait too many tables at once!! Not happy with that. Second of all, my omlete had way too much goat cheese in it I could barely swallow it! Even my friend had a hard time tasting it! Every bite tasted a lot like goat and less of everything else! So sad really was hoping forna great experience.Special Features:
- great "eggs benedict"txchicVIPDined on 3/23/2014While not a classic benedict since there was 'French ham" instead of Canadian Bacon, the dish was excellent. The eggs were poached to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, overrated, bad serviceElleDined on 3/22/2014This place turns the French brasserie experience into something like the Cheesecake Factory. Huge, expensive, and mediocre servings. Then, after $30 entrees, my husband and I were trapped at the table with empty glasses for so long that he got up to ask for the check. This was a bit of a celebratory evening for us, and we definitely could've been talked into another drink - even just to be offered one would've been nice. I will never go back here.
- After a difficult start withNicinhoustonDined on 3/19/2014After a difficult start with the Maitre D' all went well and we had a wonderful evening after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunchSueHVIPDined on 3/15/2014My sister treated me to birthday lunch at Brasserie 19 before our 2PM curtain at Jones Hall. We were pleased to use the valet parking, as it was pouring down rain when we departed. I thoroughly enjoyed my seafood salad, generously poured glass of wine, and warm crusty bread. Then, my favorite Grand Mariner crepes for dessert (I adore them!). It was my sister's first time at the restaurant and she remarked it had a sexy charm. We enjoyed excellent service and were on our way to the theater right on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- longest ever lunchdisappointedDined on 3/12/2014we had a reservation at 1130, were seated promptly and ordered. however, we did not receive our food until 1230...a full hour! none of the meals were time consuming to make either. when they brought out the food, one person brought 3 plates, the 4th person had to get the managers attention in order to get her food. terrible terrible. not coming back!Special Features:
- Hmmm I would go back for the food..RavenscourtDined on 3/9/2014Their are too many tables in a long narrow space. I asked for something in the corner and was seated on the path from the kitchen and across from the long bar that had TV's with people cheering a game. The food was good but the portions were too big. I would have preferred to pay less and have normal portions. The waitress was very sweet and attentive. The kitchen staff that brought out the food just sort of threw it in front of us and where very cold. It felt much more like a bar than an upmarket French Brasserie!Special Features:
- Good place to celebrate!Fdwd915Dined on 3/9/2014It was a special occasion for our family and the food, the waiter and the ambience all contributed to our celebratory mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in HoustonBigEater215Dined on 3/9/2014Get the Mussels and Fries and French Toast. They are exceptional.Special Features:
- A Few Improvements NeededOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014Service has slipped a notch during the past several visits. May be due to understaffing or new personnel or complacency. Food also is a little off. This is a favorite restaurant, but management needs to review the operation..Special Features:
- good foodKordVIPDined on 3/6/2014The food was great, but the service wasn't. They brought both appetizers and main course at the same time, the waitress was in over her head and it seemed she wanted to get us out of there as quickly as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have not been there forKateDDined on 3/5/2014I have not been there for dinner yet, but loved having lunch there. The menu is yummy without being too far off the diet. The space is bright and fresh. Loved it!Special Features:
- Went for my Dad's 70th!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2014The food and service were awesome! We had a great time. The appetizer was on the small side - definitely can't share it with more than two. Maybe we felt that way, though, because we all love scallops and couldn't wait to dig in. The entrees, on the other hand, were extremely generous. The duck and the steak frites were amazing. We also ordered the trout almondine and half hen. I think the hen was our least favorite of the dishes but it was still cooked well. Just not memorable. The wine that was recommended to me was really delicious. They also brought out a huge bowl of cotton candy with a sparkler in it for my dad which was very cute. It made him so happy. Everyone that came by our table was super friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night ExcursionTravelerDined on 2/22/2014A friend and I had heard about Brasserie 19 and decided to try an early dinner after a movie. Heaters make sidewalk dining pleasant and less noisy than inside. I was glad I had made a reservation as it was already crowded. The food and service were excellent and I will return again soon.Special Features:
- A great findDanInHoustonDined on 2/22/2014Had wanted to go here for awhile but had no real occasion to. We were pleasantly surprised at the service and the food. The drinks are creative and fun - the dont skimp on the booze here. Just a really good time for all four of us.Special Features:
- Not up to their gameBingbingDined on 2/20/2014Food mediocre, service a bit haphazard, cane work on chairs broken/missing sections...just not as prime as it has been. Think manager needs pep talk. Still good, but better keep an eye open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatJPTexanVIPDined on 2/19/2014I went with my family and if Brasserie 19 had opened 10 years ago it would have gotten rave reviews from me and I would have gone time and time again. But in 10 years the French cuisine scene in Houston has grown tremendously and Brasserie 19 is just not in the same class as the others. It was good but not great. The foie gras torchon was about the size of a poker chip and underwhelming in flavor. The french onion soup was too floury for my taste and the duck breast was not quite rendered enough. The salmon was a blank palette and that is pretty much how it arrived. I will say that the service was excellent; lots of smiles and timely arrival for all the phases of dinner and the wine list is very good and reasonably priced. c'est le vie!Special Features:
- Great Place for all occasionsShoa10Dined on 2/19/2014This place is always vibrant and dynamic. Greta food, service and ambianceSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOGMODined on 2/17/2014Excellent choice for date night with my girlfriend. We both enjoyed the place and the food. The service was excellent!Special Features:
- Tasty and very elegantSteincat04VIPDined on 2/16/2014Nice sized portions -- drinks and sides add up on pricing, but a nice spot with tons of trimmings.Special Features:
- Have always had great foodcmkpwebberDined on 2/16/2014Have always had great food and service here. Sara is a gem and does everything but feed you. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food; horrible service.VicLVIPDined on 2/16/2014I love the food, adding foie gras to anything is wonderful. However the service was horrible! The waiter took forever to bring our ice tea, later I ordered an espresso which was timely. We had to ask about the specials. Appetizers took over 20 mins, wish we had bread to nibble on while we waited. Same with another drink I ordered. Floor manager saw I had my hand raised and made eye contact, no response. I literally had to Grab my waiter and ask where my drink was, when I finally received it. Everyone was done with their meal. I ordered my drink while we still had our appetizers. Egg sandwich and add foie gras, it is wonderful. Appetizer smoke salmon and Salami plate were oar but I understand trying to cater to the "American" palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereNormaGDined on 2/15/2014My boyfriend and I went to this restaurant for second year to celebrate our late valentine's and the place is getting more popular. The food remains as good. Good French cosine. As expected, the food is a bit pricey, so make sure you check the menu before you accept one of the waiter's "suggestion".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brasserie 19PaulRedfordDined on 2/15/2014This is the second time I have been to Brasserie 19. Both times it has been a busy crowded fun place to dine. Tables are close together in sort of a NYC style although this restaurant is in a strip shopping center. Food here has been outstanding - the specials are great and it has been difficult to decide what to order because it all looks good. Drink and wine pours are generous - one of my chief gripes at many places. The second time the waiter was a bit over the top and intrustive but overall a good experience.Special Features:
- A favorite traditionpnbdinersVIPDined on 2/15/2014Brasserie 19 is fun because the hosts and wait staff are attentive, polite and playful, but what makes the restaurant stand out is the incredible food. We had an off-the-menu sea bass with an apricot glaze that was amazing. The filet is also excellent. This is a great place for oysters too - good variety, cleaned well, presented nicely. Cocktails are creative and enjoyable. We have a post-Valentine's Day tradition here and will certainly continue it next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and ambience!CLOSDined on 2/14/2014The food and service was outstanding. Crowd was energetic. Great place to people watch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food. Too crowded and noisyJimSDined on 2/14/2014Good food and excellent service. Ordering wine on a tablet was fun...why not the whole menu that way. Too crowded and noisy this night due to added extra tables to accommodate Valentine's Day crowd. Very very River OaksySpecial Features: