836 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brasilinany.com/
- Phone: 2129699970
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Mariana Bull
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Xmas Prefix Menu Appetizers: Paulista Salad (Mixed Greens, Red Berries, Fresh Mozzarella, Crispy Prosciutto and Balsamic Vinaigratte) Salgados Main Course: Turkey with Brasilina's Secret Gravy, Xmas Farofa, Almond White Rice and caramelized peaches Beef Strogonoff With White Rice and Crispy Potatoes Moqueca Dessert: Brigadeiro Chocolate Milk Pudding Price: $47,00
A word from Brasilina
A Contemporary Restaurant with a Brazilian soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasilina reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our waiter was great. It tookSteveRDined on 8/24/2013Our waiter was great. It took a little time at the beginning to get started and the reservation was slightly botched. The tapas were great; worth the trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brazil at it's best!!!AlanKVIPDined on 8/14/2013I really enjoyed our waiter as he was extremely professional and courteous. Food was AWESOME!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very, very good andBarbaraVIPDined on 7/24/2013Food was very, very good and our waitress was great. The coffee was not great - too thick and not smooth. Everything else was great.
- Many delicious choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2013My wife and I decided to finally try Brasilina for our wedding anniversary. We were greeted by our server who went out of her way to make us feel at home. We immediately enjoyed the atmosphere and decor. Since we were dining relatively early in the evening, the place was fairly quiet, but the noise level never became annoying even as the place filled up, and we could still hear the music. She helped with menu choices, even pointing out when certain dishes were Brasilian specialties. It was difficult to decide with the many delicious and often unique choices, including many tapas dishes, which we often favor in lieu of larger entree portions. The wine selection was also nice. Dessert was also delicious. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- great spot...i had the tapasAsheeVIPDined on 7/17/2013great spot...i had the tapas menu, but sure the food is great....
- Neighborhood gem8thereDined on 7/16/2013Quality food. Friendly staff. Strong drinks. Comfortable atmosphere. I'd go back, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little findSavageskotVIPDined on 7/13/2013Found the restaurant on open table and decided to try it out. Very nice atmosphere and loved the beams in the restaurant. The service was very prompt and friendly and it felt like a team working together to bring a great dining experience to its customers. I ordered the shrimp and cheese broth in a pumpkin and it was fantastic. Only down side was there wasn't enough rice for it and I got charged $5 more for additional rice :/. The drinks were pretty decent as wellSpecial Features:
- very enjoyableddddVIPDined on 7/11/2013we only had the tapas, but they were all excellent, and the caipirinha was as good as in Brasil. The service was excellent, and the noise level was energetic but allowed for conversation. I highly recommend BrasilnaSpecial Features:
- Brazil in NYCEdstirDined on 6/27/2013Everything was great except for one thing which isn't too bad but could be better. The waiter wasn't to responsive and aware when when need. After I was done with a drink, I waited about 10-15min for the next one, and only because I waived my hand like school kid. Had she been more aware that customers needed something, this review would have been great all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not That I Would Know...FireFoodDined on 6/23/2013But this place seemed so authentic. I loved all the food and the variety of offerings. Very different and very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IMy best friend and I lovedgrace0614Dined on 6/14/2013IMy best friend and I loved the food 'cause they looked and tasted great! Our overall experience is very satisfying, the only annoying experience we had though with the busboy who just plucked our plates of appetizers and basket of bread from the table without our permission. Service can definitely improve, nevertheless, we will go back and recommend Brasilina to our foodie friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for the soulHKBrazilianVIPDined on 6/8/2013I just ate there for the second time this week - as a brazilian, the food is outstanding! The camarao na moranga (shrimp backed in a pumpkin) is to die for, the drinks are great and it is my new fav place in hells kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!MarkESackettVIPDined on 5/13/2013One of my best meals in a long time in NYC! Great staff as well! And the place is beautiful, warm and romantic!Special Features:
- Not for the shyJDThreeDined on 5/10/2013I was there with a group of 3 on a Friday night at 8:00p, and we sat on the left side of the bar in the back. While the food was good, the noise was too much. We felt like we were shouting the whole time. Also, out service was spotty, which was bad because the place was never full during our stay.Special Features:
- Had a pre-birthday dinnerFreshiesDined on 4/21/2013Had a pre-birthday dinner at this location. Was hoping for something different I think. Food was good, drinks were good and service was good. Nothing was outstanding but nothing was bad.
- We sat on the less busy side,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/16/2013We sat on the less busy side, but music was still at a relatively loud level. Great food and lovely service more than made up for that!Special Features:
- Amazing Brazilian food, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013Amazing Brazilian food, the decoration is great too (im brazilian and most of the good brazilian restaurants i've been to in new york looked cheap - i hate the white linen on the table top...). The food took a while to come (apps and main course), but the fact that it was delicious covered that one up... Excellent ambiance, my only complaint would be the kitchen not being so fast...Special Features:
- The food was not authenticBrookeDined on 4/11/2013The food was not authentic nor flavorful. The caipirinhas were not good.
- Too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/7/2013The space was noisy at Sunday brunch. I can't imagine how loud it gets on a Friday or Saturday night.
- Not necessarily authenticCrisDined on 4/1/2013Not necessarily authentic Brasilian food, but they had very nice main dishes that were of high quality. The ambience was great for a romantic date. Will come back if I am ever in the area again.Special Features:
- This is a very convenientMJFOODIEVIPDined on 3/23/2013This is a very convenient spot to the theatres. I really enjoyed going to a place in the area that wasn't catering to tourists and had excellent and authentic food. The service was very friendly and knowledgable. The drinks were excellent. You can eat here casually or have a quicker meal. I will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- I loved Brasslina and willOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2013I loved Brasslina and will definately be back. The lovely chef was very visable and took special care of every customer. Great food and decor.Special Features:
- Short Ribs were great, comesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Short Ribs were great, comes with sweet potatoes great pick. Clean decor and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Hidden gem near theater district.AdamVIPDined on 3/2/2013My fiance and I celebrated the one year anniversary of our trip to Brazil with a date night at Brasilina. We were pleasantly surprise to find a restaurant not geared for tourists that close to the Theater District. The kitchen nailed every dish they served, and our waiter Luke was on top of his game.Special Features:
- moqueca was underseasoned.OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/2/2013moqueca was underseasoned. feijoada portion size was about a half cup. two pieces of meat in it. it's supposed to have many kinds of variety cuts including on the bone, but this was not intended for real people. i say go to 46th st (or probably somewhere in queens) if you want food and portions that are like what you might get in brasil.
- Ughjordon50VIPDined on 2/23/2013This place looked so great, but: 1) waaaay under-staffed and the waiter couldn't even open a bottle of wine (I had to do it for him, no kidding) 2) the place was so dark that we had to use our iPhones' light to read the menu 3) my main course, ordered rare, was cooked to a crisp. They re-did it but by then everything else was cold 4) the place was over-the-top noisy, made noisier by the two hostesses who did nothing at all 5) they had no idea what to do with an OpenTable check What a disappointment. Flee!
- sit at the barOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2013this place was great! the bartender was really friendly.. and i enjoyed my date (;Special Features:
- We arrived early for our reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2013We arrived early for our reservation and were seated without hesitation. Although our server had to return to our table several times to make sure she had our order right, I appreciated her desire to get it 'right'. Food was delicious. The duck was the best I have ever had!Special Features:
- very good food, friendly staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/22/2013very good food, friendly staff, great cocktails, generous portions. Good value for the priceSpecial Features:
- Meh...WhateverVIPDined on 2/16/2013Bland tasting food, friendly yet very erratic service. Not worth a return visit.
- A place to return toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013One of my favorite restaurants in NYC. The food is always exceptional, the staff is friendly and helpful, but never intrusive. Drinks are great. Lighting is awesome. I've taken several friends, and they've all had great experiences. The Tuesday night after Sandy hit, they were open with a scaled-back menu, and the experience was a silver lining of being hit by the storm.Special Features:
- Stroganoff and AcaiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2013Food was pretty good, particularly the stroganoff which I think is their strongest item on the menu. Service was remarkable. I asked if they had acai and they didn't have it on the menu but they went ahead and blended it anyway! It's nice to have found a place that serves acai in NY, so I'll be goong back frequently.
- The restaurant was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013The restaurant was recommended for it's food, and I went there with two friends. We had a great time and really enjoyed our evening out without husbands and kids. The food was superb, it came in large portions (we shared starters) and they also served nice cocktails. There was a rather noisy group at the bar, but apart from that group the ambiance was good and lively. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and we liked looking at the kitchen staff and the dishes they prepared. Overall a place that I definitely would recommend to friends going into New York for a couple of days.Special Features:
- The last two times I've beenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2013The last two times I've been there they've been out of the hibiscus cocktail. They should just take it off of the menu. We had service issues this time, with it being very slow, the server bringing the wrong cocktail and then waiting an very long time for the right one to arrive. Food was great, service was disappointing.
- Pleasant, family owned and uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2013Family owned restaurant with very nice ambiance and a unique Brazilian menu. Food was excellent and was told it was from Brazilian grandma's recipe. Waitress was a very nice Brazilian young lady adding to the authenticy of the restaurant. The layout of the restaurant is open and you are not on top of any other dinner. Quiet bar in center of restaurant is perfect for a before or after drink. A great dining experience.Special Features:
- Very Authentic Food, approvedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/14/2013Very Authentic Food, approved by my Brazilian Friends.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the original cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/12/2013Enjoyed the original cocktails (the julep was great) and the protien entrees are marvelous.Special Features:
- The music is way too loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/3/2013The music is way too loud. There were not a lot of guests at the restaurant and we asked our waiter to have them turn the music down. The waiter was great and they did. Bue then the music was raised and it was intrusive,and irritating. This is my third visit and the second time the music has been turned too loudly. Annoying.Special Features:
- Classy, Great Food and funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Great place for a romantic dinner or for dinner with close friends. Food was incredible and staff was perfect. Classy place worth going back to.Special Features:
- Lovely venue. My food wasMumaVIPDined on 12/11/2012Lovely venue. My food was a cold. They need additional waiters.Special Features: