Brasa Churrascaria and Brewpub
505 Mendocino Ave
Santa Rosa, CA 95404Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Brasa Churrascaria and Brewpub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebrasa.com/
- Phone: (707) 623-9382
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: M-F 4:00pm-6:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Cross Street: Seventh Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered street parking is available in front of the restaurant. Parking Lot 4 located at 608 Seventh Street is directly across the street from Brasa. Parking Garage 1 located at 521 Seventh Street is a 1/4 block from Brasa.
A word from Brasa Churrascaria and Brewpub
Brasa is a Brazilian steakhouse specializing in serving traditional Rodizio. This parade of slowly roasted meats is served to diners until they are satiated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brasa Churrascaria and Brewpub reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)special occasion (6)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)romantic (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Viva Brasa! 2 thumbs up from 12 of us on a Sat.!MindnLifeDined on 11/15/2014Viva Brasa! Subtle and savory flavors, meat prepared just the way we asked, perfect plating, a healthy pour in a glass of wine...all at very reasonable prices. Our vegetarian friends even found tasty bites for themselves. Our server, Autumn, is a true pro, too. We did our best to keep her running on a busy Saturday night, but she did a great job. And when we told her that our group was on its way to a concert, she made checkout super easy. (Thanks, Autumn!) We'll come again, and we'll bring more friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KMcGowanDined on 11/7/2014My party was seated, given our menus and water. For the next 20min. (yes, I timed it), we were totally ignored. Servers and other employees walked all around us and never greeted us or attempted to take our drink orders. All in our party were done reading the menu and we were all looking up & not once did anyone say anything. Hostess staff was totally clueless as they thanked us for coming on our way out!Special Features:
- Brasa Brazilian EatsplaidiusDined on 11/4/2014Excellent restaurant, great service, excellent food, very filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat FestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014If you enjoy eating a lot of meat, this place is for you!Special Features:
- Terrible rodizio servicewayne530Dined on 10/24/2014Yes it's only $40 whereas most are $70-80 but their selection of meat is terrible (mostly chicken and chicken makes a majority of the rounds) and the non-chicken options are under-seasoned. Take the strip steak for example that comes out looking grey and dull - no caramelization whatsoever, no salt, no flavor. Save your $40 and go visit a real Churrascaria.Special Features:
- Best sirloin ever!!!DBDBDined on 10/10/2014The food is wonderful. The all-you-can eat menu (rodizio) is a total delight. I really liked the subtle seasoning and natural flavors. Since I'm on a low sodium diet, I was able to appreciate that the meat dishes were not salted, but were carved right off the rotisserie spit. Some people complain about the lack of sauces and seasoning, but I rate this as a plus. If you are expecting baby-back ribs slathered with barbecue sauce, you're the wrong place. But if you want some of the best sirloin you have ever tasted, as much as you want, this is the place. The Executive Chef came out several times to check on everything, and the wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun to eat and good foodFastidiousVIPDined on 9/26/2014Be prepared to eat. It is not the menu for dainty or picky eaters. Lots of meats: chicken, pork, beef and more beef. Some vegetables. Many California wines of distinction and a few Argentine and Chilean wines, modestly priced. We were a group of four; would be lots of fun with a group. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Not as good as I hopedGeoffDined on 9/24/2014All the appetizers were very bland and the meats for main course were under seasoned also. The two best things we had were the Fejuada and Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts. The waitress was friendly but poorly trained.
- Great Brazilian Food ExperienceFoodCriticSFVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was excellent. We had the Sirloin with Garlic, okra, chicken with Garlic, rice & beans, mango salad. Oh yeah we had flan for dessert which also excellent. The service was prompt and attentive. The drinks were also really, really good. No flaws. Great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INCREDIBLE!!QueenieDined on 9/13/2014Amazing restaurant, food to die for, and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Birthday DinnerMariuciaDined on 9/9/2014It was my birthday, and I wanted something different and new. Brasa Churrascaria & Brewpub fit the bill perfectly! The service was outstanding from the moment we walked in the door until we left. Our waiter was very helpful in helping us decide what to order, and we were not disappointed. Everything was delicious! We had two small children, and they were made to feel welcome and wanted. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- A Taste of BrazilMichaelWDined on 8/30/2014The Churrascaria experience is one for almost anyone's bucket list. For a carnivore, it is mandatory. I was a little disappointed by the collard greens. I have never had them "al dente" before and unseasoned (no apparent salt or pepper). Not something I'll order again. We were there at 6:30 on a Saturday evening. The restaurant was about 25% full but the noise level was so loud as to be annoying. The bare walls, floor and ceiling causes the smallest sound to bounce around the room. The clattering of silverware and dishes on one end could drown out a conversation on the other. I would recommend some nice Brazilian tapestries for the walls to catch some of the sounds. I can only imagine the din when the room is full.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedIpanemagirlVIPDined on 8/2/2014A noisy but vibrant restaurant. Service uneven but staff were pleasant and helpful. The food, when we finally were able to order, arrived out of sequence and we had to keep asking for the drinks which came last. The small churrasco which we ordered was presented with mixed greens and grilled yucca. The yucca was tasteless. Forget it and order a side of garlic fries with herbs. A traditional churrasco - having lived in Brazil - comes with farofa which was nowhere on the menu.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedChef4MeDined on 7/29/2014Food was bland and tasteless, all the meat from the rodizio was not seasoned at all and just tasted like cooked meat. The apps were disappointing, little to no flavor and seemed pre bought and frozen. Server was slow, lacked attention to detail, and over all seemed very confused... Almost like he had never done it before. I would not recommend this restraunt, nor will I be back.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Brasa Churrascaria and Brewpub reviews archive.
- Wonderful Food and OwnersKatyVIPDined on 7/19/2014We thought we would give this a try and were more that surprised to find such a wonderful food and dining experience. The traditional Brazilian dinner is the perfect choice. If you have two or ten people it has something for everyone. If you do not like something that comes by do not worry something else will be by soon. From New York steak to chicken wings to grill pineapple. Lots of sides and salad. Amazed at the options of such quality that can be had for this price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceAlleyDined on 7/16/2014It was our groups first time here. The service was great. our server explained how everything worked with the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat PartyLetsBeRealDined on 7/11/2014If you love eating meat, your gonna get a kick out of this place. Head here for a birthday party or other special occasion, because your bill is going to be on the high side- Talkin' about $250 for four of us, and we weren't "poppin' bottles." The food was great. The service was pretty aweful. I appreciate that maybe there was just a series of unfortunate events, preventing everything from running smoothly, or perhaps I was ACTUALLY speaking Martian. Maybe it was an off night. Point is: I probably wont go back, which is unfortunate, because the food was great. However, I recommend trying it. Maybe it will be an on-night.Special Features:
- Delicious Foood, atmosphere so-soPBeagleVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was delicious, and they really do keep bring the meat, but the atmosphere was pretty low key; a little dark and lacking personality. If you've been to Fogo de Chao or Texas de Brazil, this place does things a little differently. No salad bar, and the servers, while very attentive to details, don't make quite the dramatic presentation as the other places. That said, the food was absolutely delicious. There wasn't any lamb, and much of the grilled meat is already in small pieces instead of where they slice off from a much larger cut of meat. The side dishes were good, and the fried plantains were definitely the best I've ever had. Would return again with friends, but only occasionally, and it is a lot of food you end up eating.Special Features:
- Like Fogo de Chao at a great priceMikeDined on 7/11/2014I've loved Brazilian restaurants for years and now we have a great one in Santa Rosa. If you like wood-fire, slow spit roasted meats you need to give these guys a try. We'll be back again and again. The food was great, the wine list was good but needs to be expanded, this is Sonoma County, service was quick and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSueBDined on 7/8/2014My husband and an other couple went there for dinner for my Birthday, we couldn't find a thing to complain about. Service great, food excellent. Great way to celebrate my 70th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food....Brew Pub???BradDined on 6/27/2014The food and service have been great. Why they call themselves a brewpub is beyond me...they only serve a few beers?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Incredible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014We booked a party of ten late in the day and this was the first experience at Brasa Churrascaria for all of us. It was a great experience. The food was terrific and the wait staff, impeccable, friendly and efficient. I highly recommend for either small intimate party or a large group.Special Features:
- Great Experience!4daluvofoodDined on 6/25/2014Brasa provided a great dining experience from the attentive service to the delicious food, it was perfect for the couples dinner I had arranged with friends. We especially loved the bacon wrapped chicken and the pork loin with parmesan. My favorite drink was the cherry manhattan - a fabulous pour! Am looking forward to coming back again for happy hour and dinner.Special Features: