2429 2nd Ave
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.branzinoseattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 728-5181
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (open until 11:00pm), Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (open until 12:00am), Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (open until 1:00am).
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Leroy Keener
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Hall 2088637318x
A word from Branzino Restaurant
Pasta, seafood, pizza, cheeses, cured meats and all desserts are made by hand in house each day. An affordable wine list with an emphasis on Italian and Northwest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Branzino Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)romantic (29)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (16)late-night find (9)notable wine list (7)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- DPLWDined on 11/2/2014Very quiet, almost empty. Too bad, i.e. comfortable place, good food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farfalle bolognese!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Even mid-week this place was getting busy by 8 PM. No doubt the Seattle Rest Week $30 deals brought folks in to dine (that was the draw for us). Despite the "energetic" level of noise, everything else was fine. Good service by our waiter with a brace over her wrist which can't be fun to work with and yet always a smile when she came to our table. The farfalle bolognese was superb, as highlighted in other reviews. I shouldn't have but succumbed to the bread pudding which was like a fine cinnamon roll made into a pudding form. The mostly European wine list has limited selections. Sorry, but I like to see wines from the West represented at some level regardless. I wish I had a Branzino in my neighborhood. I'd be there often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014The food was outstanding and the service very good. Only thing for a Seattle restaurant they didn't have much coffee choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining SurpriseTravelguyDined on 10/24/2014Made a close to last minute reservation here, and wasn't sure what to expect. It was excellent, however, a very pleasant surprise. Our server was knowledgable and enthusiastic, and the right amount of attentive. It's loud, but almost all restaurants are now. As to the food it was all very good, with just a small exception. I had the pasta bolognese, which was without question the best I've ever had. My wife had the spinach gnocchi, also an outstanding dish. My daughter had the lamb shank, and although it wasn't bad, it lacked character. A bit dry and not enough taste. For the appetizer we had the fresh mozzarella with arugalla a great choice , although I think it needed a few more toast points served with it. All in all , a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehfilmbellaDined on 10/23/2014The service was great, we had two servers assisting us and both were very attentive. The ambiance is romantic, warm, and welcoming. The food was okay - my chicken was bland but the gnocchi was delicious; the bread pudding - dreadful. The whole experience was just "meh".Special Features:
- RipTornDined on 10/20/2014Excellent food and very romantic. I had never eaten grilled octopus and was a bit leery but it was excellent with two different sauces. Had roast chicken which was cooked perfectly and some type of flan,,, I guess which was fantastic. Service was attentive and friendly. One of the best I have been to in months. I will be back.Special Features:
- Good food, good pricefoodsleuthDined on 10/18/2014Excellant pizza and appetizers. Los of Itailian varietals by the glass. Friendly and pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:
- Hoped for betterBranzinoDined on 10/17/2014The ambiance was outstanding. Warm, comfortable...romantic if necessary. Would have rated the service as outstanding if our relatively new server had known the menu better, and perhaps made a number of recommendations rather than talk so highly about one specific dish, that we ordered and found to be good, but not knock-our-socks-off good. For the price I expected knock-your-socks-off good, but it wasn't quite up to that level.Special Features:
- Beautiful space and great food.AArevsDined on 10/12/2014This is a great upscale place for dinner, the service was spot on; professional and helpful, very nice. The menu is small but very interesting and the food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarebearDined on 10/12/2014The service was slow and poor and they were out of several items on their menu. We will not be going backSpecial Features:
- DisappointingmimsDined on 10/10/2014Branzino may have been having an off night, resulting in extremely long waits for drinks and dinner, but the food was not worth the money nor the wait. Service was too intermittent. The only positive was an extremely good margarita (our second choice after waiting a long time to learn that our first choice was not available).
- yum123VIPDined on 10/5/2014Yummy food. A bit disappointing that the namesake dish was unavailable. We enjoyed the octopus and pizza thoughSpecial Features:
- Memorable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014The food was excellent. Enjoyed the scallops and spinach gnocchi. Weather allowed for outdoor dining. Service was very good. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Properly doneGlamgrrlDined on 10/3/2014Went with another couple and enjoyed small plates to share and of course the Branzino. I would go back nut feel like the menu, while good, maybe meeds one or two more choices. That said, it's a smaller place with small kitchen focused on the fish dish. This they did exceptionally. Waitress was really busy, even with an 8:15 reservation (necessary for the weekends). Even though she was swamped, she did a beyond outstanding job. I gave it 4 stars for Biance just because it's not quite fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Great food! We especially loved the octopus and the burrata. I read that the service can be slow but ours was almost too quick! We ordered, had appetizers and finished our main course in 50 minutes!Special Features:
- Loved itlaundroDined on 9/27/2014Food was outstanding and the service was awesome..Special Features:
- Yum!CinSeattleDined on 9/26/2014We shared the meatballs, risotto and the mussels. Everything was very tastey!! The back corner table was a little stuffy, otherwise the ambiance was quite nice. Drinks were well made, but a little on the pricey side. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Great casual dining with a nice atmosphere. Food was very good and the staff were very accommodating-made you feel appreciated. Don't lose it. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood ItaliantravelersezVIPDined on 9/24/2014My dining companion and I shared the roasted chicken and the papperdelle with short ribs. We both recommend the roasted chicken which included gnocchi and grape tomatoes. The wooden booths were not very comfortable, but the restaurant isn't very noisy if you want to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian Best octopus EVERBefoodieVIPDined on 9/21/2014Two of us found this fabulous place. Delicious fresh green salad, light vinaigrette - perfectly dressed. Thin crust pizza and grilled octopus w putanesca and basil salsa verde. Great wine and chocolate creme brûlée topped it off. Fab serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice old school restaurantBrucefromVancouverDined on 9/20/2014We really liked this place. Food was very good and it is in a good location. I had the spicy peach pizza and my wife had the scallops and risotto. Both entrees were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoklynneannVIPDined on 9/20/2014I went to this restaurant for the first time, using a Groupon. The food was pretty good, though they did not have the Burrata the night I was there. You have to request bread if you want it, which is fine except the waitress seemed put off by the request. It was taking a while for it to come and we were almost done with our appetizers, so I asked again and received 4 small pieces, which seemed standard. I wanted more for my pasta entree but felt like I'd be bothering the waitress. The menu is limited as well - just 3 pasta dishes. We didn't care for the ambiance either. If I want Italian in this area, I'd probably go down the block to Tavolata.
- very poor sevice and foodalfyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Waited 30 minutes for average drink and an hour for food... Not to mention 1/3 of the menu was "out." Nope not worth it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014We've been to Branzinos a few time - mostly for their bolognese. Everyone at our table ordered it and we all thought the flavor was great, but it was overly spicy and the sauce to pasta ratio varied greatly from too much sauce on one to hardly any sauce on my undercooked pasta. First time have been disappointed in this dish. Service was great - although understaffed, resulting in long waits, which we didn't mind so much.Special Features:
- I Always Love ItAfterworkdinnerDined on 9/15/2014I have been here three times and have always enjoyed it. The lady who always serves me is great and the House Salad and Salmon are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okayjmg98118VIPDined on 9/6/2014our second time there, wanted to give them a second chance and unfortunately the food was not any better, it isn't bad just not that great. One of our party got the Octopus which as very tough, the meatballs and spaghetti was bland and the meatballs were very dense. The service was friendly and efficient. But with their very limited menu it was hard to find something different to try.Special Features:
- Great Service, portions smallTastyFoodWADined on 9/6/2014We had a very knowledgeable server and the food was tasty, but for the price the portions were small. My wife had a salmon and the portion was probably 3 oz and no sides like a starch or vegetables. After paying for $29 for the salmon, she was still hungry and ended up going to another restaurant to procure more food.Special Features:
- xyj32Dined on 9/5/2014All in all this place could be great, they just need more experienced servers. The server we had, while very nice, was not knowledgeable about very basic parts of the menu and food/wine in general. I also would have gotten the special if it was described correctly - I was so bummed when I left and saw it on the board outside. The food was good with the homemade pastas being the surprise highlight, as opposed to the seafood which was just ok. Anyway, I think the place deserves another shot but I was disappointed.
- Service SucksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014The worst service possible, even after it was pointed out to them that we were getting poor service. I know at least 5 people who won't be going back. I for one intend to spread the word. Many other choices to put up with it.Special Features:
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was delicious! Loved the roast chicken & the pappardelle. Our server, Elise, was very professional and warm.Special Features:
- Great restaurant in BelltownLS174Dined on 8/30/2014This is the 2nd time we have come here, and they didn't disappoint. The staff was attentive, the food was great, overall an excellent experience. The Branzino on the menu is tops, and the table-side preparation makes for an interesting experience.Special Features:
- Forgotten gem deserves attentionHappydinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014Four of us had a great evening rediscovering Branzino. We had been for a lunch and dinner several years ago and had kind of forgotten about this place. A Groupon deal refreshed my memory and encouraged us to try it again. So glad we did! We were told The chef had just received a huge fresh Albacore tuna and specials that night included a Seared Albacore entree (with addictive cauliflower chips) and an appetizer Albacore Crudo, both of which were delicious! All our food, including Roasted Chicken, Papparadelle w Bolognese, Creme Fraiche Cheesecake and more, was wonderful, service was friendly, wine list was accessible. Smart use of a Groupon! We'll be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Out of menu items early on a Friday by 7 pm. Out of bar request also. Iffy.Special Features:
- Serviced large party well.Casey27Dined on 8/5/2014We had a large party of 13 - including 5 teenage boys. We made our reservation early - 5:30 weekday in summer. We were splitting a day and night visit of the Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibit. Bronzino was an easy walk from the Space Needle area. The food was excelent. Service knowledgable and friendly. Everyone seemed pleased with their choices. Bronzino fish, salmon, risotto, gnocchi, meatball with spaghetti, occtopuss etc.Special Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the Branzino Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014The service as a little slow and it took a long time to get our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food/drinks, minimum staffitalyfocusedDined on 7/21/2014Main courses were very good and the drinks were inventive versions of old standards, although a bit on the small-pour side. The only issue was length of time from arrival to food on the table (35 min) which was mainly because our server appeared to also be the sole bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Dinner was utterly disappointing. At least 5 items from menu were not available, server showed up every half hour as it seemed she was bar tending while we were in far corner of restaurant. Food was average to mediocre and I usually love the food at branzino. Finally, ordered Moscow mules with house syrup for something a little different and was charged $11 each for a basic cocktail. Altogether, disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!LaurelnssDined on 7/20/2014We love this beautiful neighborhood restaurant for a nice dinner you can take your mother to. The food and service are exceptional. We LOVED the Burrata the chicken and gnocchi and of course their namesake, the Branzino. We've been 3 times and plan to go back again and again.Special Features:
- All round excellentTVCdinerVIPDined on 7/20/2014Everything was great. The food, the service, the dining room. No complaints from us. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great meal, wrong hoursSonoGraziaDined on 7/20/2014Open Table has the hours wrong, Branzino is not open for Sunday brunch, I had to come back later in the day for dinner. Besides that, the food was magnifico.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.