Brannon's Cafe at La Cantera Resort
16641 La Cantera Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78256Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Brannon's Cafe at La Cantera Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2105582443x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 5pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Dirk Troop
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Whether you are looking for a night out or celebrating a special event, we have the amenities you need to make it memorable. Choose from specialy designed menus or look to create your own. Call us for more information.
A word from Brannon's Cafe at La Cantera Resort
Brannon’s offers a variety of regionally- inspired dishes to meet everyone's tastes. Offering a casual, yet festive atmosphere with a wide variety of menu selections, it provides the perfect place to enjoy the panoramic views of the Lost Quarry Pools. Brannon's Café is open daily serving fresh indigenous productsfor breakfast, lunch and dinnerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brannon's Cafe at La Cantera Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great Experiencegreat2bhereDined on 6/8/2014Definitely fine dining! Every dish was equally delicious. We ate here for dinner and brunch, and it was great both times. Service was friendly and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Brannon's Cafe at La Cantera Resort reviews archive.
- Very good breakfast buffet.JaimeVIPDined on 2/15/2014We stayed at the hotel the night before, so breakfast was included in our "Texas hospitality" package (see hotel website). We could choose from the full breakfast buffet and the omelette station. Buffet was above average in freshness, presentation, and taste. The smoked salmon and fixings were delicious--a nice touch. The omelette chef was super friendly. We chatted for five minutes while he prepared one of the best omelettes I've had; he made sure to sauté those onions to perfection! Cappuccino and latte (not included in price) were top notch. Service was friendly. Our table had a great view, adjacent to the massive window. Overall: Very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing fancy...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013The food was okay. It wasn't anything fancy really, hamburgers, sandwiches, salads, etc. I did like the chickpeas and eggplant trio appetizer, basically it's hummus and babaganoush. The butternut squash soup was very sweet and watery... Not to my liking. We also had the mushroom and black bean empanadas that were nothing to write home about. For the cost, I would go elsewhere. Our waiter, however, was very friendly and attentive. He gets an A++!Special Features:
- ExcellentFoodeeDined on 8/2/2013Food was excellent. Service was prompt and our waitress was very knowledgeable about what was on the menu. Will definitely recommend to friends/colleagues as well as return myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best corn pudding ever!!!cackieVIPDined on 5/10/2013Wow this restaurant gets better with age and experience! Years ago we would reluctantly go here to eat . Years ago this place seemed hopeless from the service to stale menu options. But oh my! It is now somewhere where we love to go especially for the salmon, shrimp cilantro salad and The best corn pudding ever! Cody was our waiter for the weekend. He was attentive and friendly to all. My children beg to go for salmon, hot dogs and kids' steak all with crunchy tater tots!!! Way to go management! You fixed it and made this restaurant perfect! Thank you!!!Special Features:
- The main thing that was aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013The main thing that was a problem besides that the mojito was mostly ice (it was good, though) was our bill was wrong. I ordered the pulled pork sliders which was on the menu for $13 but on our bill it was printed on the receipt for $15. We told our waiter and he finally came back with a total that was corrected, but did not show a full receipt that was correct. Did not apologize either. Seemed like he thought we were being too picky about it.
- Not a good experience. Waitermaggie218Dined on 11/12/2012Not a good experience. Waiter preoccupied with something. Waited 45 minutes for soup. The manager apologized and comped our food. I guess it was just a bad evening for them.Special Features:
- Pricey but not good hotelMJLFROGVIPDined on 7/16/2012Typical Texas hotel food, except probably pricier since it's a Westin.
- Blown away!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2012Last minute gem staying the night at La Cantera. Joey went above and beyond with a bottle of wine and a hand written card sent to our room on our 15 year anniversary. Completely blow away! Service was unbelievable!Special Features:
- Very attentive and courteousAPPADined on 5/26/2012Very attentive and courteous service. Menu was unique and food was delicious!Special Features:
- We were looking for a brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2012We were looking for a brunch location in the area, and did not realize this was the cafe at the Westin - hotel food! We needed to eat, so stayed, but it is what it is, just mediocre hotel food.
- convenient for a hotel guest,llbreadyVIPDined on 2/17/2012convenient for a hotel guest, otherwise not worth a drive
- The meal was great. We hadShejockDined on 12/25/2011The meal was great. We had a family style meal for a great price. A great place for Christmas.Special Features:
- My family's food was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/19/2011My family's food was excellent. My husband LOVED the chicken and waffles and my daughter got the rotisserie chicken and thought it was the best she had ever had. Even the chicken on the kids plate was flavorful and well seasoned according to my husband. I am a vegetarian so there was only one dish on the menu for me- but kudos for having a veg menu item at all. The eggplant was well cooked and seasoned but arrived somewhat colder that would be optimal and the rice was just ok. Overall it was much better than the usual assortment of side dishes that I am often stuck with. Side note- the restaurant was uncomfortably cold and our server said there was nothing they could do about it since the whole hotel is controlled on one system.Special Features:
- My reservation was at 11 am.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/19/2011My reservation was at 11 am. Did not get seated unill 11:15. Very few tables were even occupied. Service was slow. Food ordered were soups and salads. Took 1 hr to get our food and food was not as expected. They had a very off day.
- Kids meal selection was excellent!DocsworldDined on 12/17/2011Kids meal selection was excellent! Food was great too! So hard to find "real" food on kids menus!!!! Kuddos to the chef!!Special Features:
- You lured us back!!cackieVIPDined on 11/27/2011Wow! My children crave their salmon! Lures us back everyday of our stay at La Cantera! Would not say outstanding food four years ago, but the chef and managment really did an incredible job on turning it around! Good menu options and the children menu will is great...makes you want to eat your vegetables.Special Features:
- Way to turn it around!cackieVIPDined on 11/25/2011They have made incredible changes and listened to their customers' wants and have conquered! The chef makes the best soups....especially the butternut squash and asparagas soup!Special Features:
- Good hamburgers. Nice to dinelobbyistVIPDined on 10/21/2011Good hamburgers. Nice to dine outside. Yummy salad with basil buttermilk dressing. SKIP the chicken & waffles.Special Features:
- I would recommend for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2011I would recommend for dinner (with some caveats), but not breakfast unless it is included with your room. We had dinner 2 nights in a row, and breakfast two days in a row while we were staying at the hotel. Service was very poor both nights -- though, second night the waiter comped part of our meal, which was nice. Staff are all very friendly and well-meaning -- but seem stretched thin. Menu does not have many options, although what they have is excellent. Breakfast buffet was only marginally better than the Marriott Courtyards we usually stay at. Breakfast ordered from the menu -- food was excellent but overpriced (as hotels generally are), and menu was very limited.
- The service in this casualThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 9/4/2011The service in this casual hotel restaurant was far superior to that of it's Pricey upstairs neighbor. The filet was well prepared for half the cost. Adult Mac and cheese was amazing.Special Features:
- Not for wine-o-philes.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2011The waitress had poor training on how to serve wine. She brought a totally different varietal and year from what we ordered and proceeded to open it without asking us AND it cost $12 more than the one we ordered. Even though the restaurant was practically empty when we walked in, we were seated with a view of the supply closet, by the window with the setting sun pushing the indoor temp to a very uncomfortable level. The food was good.
- Great Location; Poor ServiceTXgal67Dined on 5/14/2011Service was terrible. We had several different people that waited on us b/c they were apparently overwhelmed at the crowd due to the nice weather. Located near the pool at the Westin the view is spectacular. The food and wine were good if you could overlook the spotty service.Special Features:
- On the good side of averageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011On the good side of average for a hotel casual dining spot. A good place to bring big families or children.Special Features:
- Exceptional Breakfast Buffet!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Went to Brannon's for their breakfast buffet, especially the egg/omelette station! Their options for omelettes is unrivaled as all of the ingredients are fresh & wholesome (variety of bell peppers, jalapenos are actually spicey (not sweet), bacon is well cooked, mushrooms crisp, spinach is fresh. etc). Their pastry selection is limited (mainly to philo-dough type of pastries with the exception of a muffin or two) and that could be improved upon. Their fruit bar is fresh, sweet & well-maintained (no stray fruit in other containers) as well as their yogurt selection and fabulous oatmeal & grit station! Plenty of condiments to add to either, with the granola & brown sugar being my favorites. Would like to see a pancake option added.Special Features:
- big dissapointment. not aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011big dissapointment. not a good setting for a romantic holiday meal, not even a holiday decoration on the table . special menu was limited and one of the only two entree choices was not available. simple planning would have made a difference.
- The food was great and surprisinglyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2011The food was great and surprisingly the portions were satisfying. Not over priced for the quality of the food and wine. Service was excellent as well and not to mention the beautiful scenery around the hotel.Special Features:
- We recently moved back toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2010We recently moved back to San Antonio after more than 10 years living in Las Vegas. During our years in Vegas we had a tradition of having Christmas morning breakfast at the Bellagio. Brannon's may be our new tradition! At the Bellagio we had a view of their lovely gardens...at Brannon's we had a view of Texas! Just awesome. The food was excellent resort fare. Pricey, but good. The service was impressive and the friendliness of resort staff and wait staff was outstanding.Special Features:
- Brahmins made a celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/16/2010Brahmins made a celebration a memorable experience. I recommended it to several people later that day for the wonderful service and food. I will most certainly visit again.Special Features:
- A lovely experience. I belongOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/3/2010A lovely experience. I belong to a group that meet there for lunch every year during the holidays. The food is excellent, as well as the presentation. Our waiter endeared himself, not only by the service, but by being patient enough to take pictures of our ladies. Brannon's is five-star in every aspect!Special Features:
- Really, really enjoyed ourcackieVIPDined on 11/26/2010Really, really enjoyed our meal. Food was great for all..adults and children. good soups. alright waiter but really nice manager.Special Features:
- They have upped their gamecackieVIPDined on 11/25/2010They have upped their game big time. Food was incredible and it was not a year and a half ago. Liked everything we ordered especially the short ribs. My son likes the child menu salmon (had it twice). Miss the carrot soup but the tortilla soup is great too!Special Features: