1374 Lincoln Ave.
Calistoga, CA 94515Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brannanscalistoga.com/
- Phone: (707) 942-2233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rob Lam
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off site and in house catering is offered for any event and most budgets. We can customize any menu to fit your event. We are a restaurant that can cater, not a caterer that can "restaurant"
- Private Party Contact: Andy Manchon 707-942-2233x
- Entertainment: Saturday, 7:00-10:00 The legendary Herb Gibson on Vibes and Spencer Allen on keyboard.
A word from Brannan's Grill
In 1998, Brannan's Grill opened its handcrafted doors to Calistoga, the most pedestrian friendly town in the Napa Valley. Owners Mark Young and Ron Goldin look forward to providing their guests with outstanding customer service and the flavors of farm to table on the New American menu in one of the most beautiful dining environments in the wine country.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brannan's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (15)romantic (13)good for groups (12)special occasion (9)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Calistoga Founders namesake restaurantCraigVIPDined on 11/14/2014This was a wonderful dinner discovery during a visit to Calistoga, CA. Worth heading north out of the wine country, you will find fabulous food by a creative chef who stopped by for a visit. I enjoyed a special chicken dish with perfectly prepared white chicken meat wrapped around chorizo sausage which in turn was wrapped with smoked bacon! I look forward to another visit soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland and bad deliveryPresHarrisMomDined on 11/8/2014Our server was fine but food didn't all come at once and part of our party had to wait 10 more minutes after a very extended wait to begin with. The restaurant was busy but not to justify that. Then when the food came - just bland and somewhat pricy for being bland. The server kept apologizing; they took $40 off our bill. The manager came over but didn't seem to really care on our feedback since he gave us $ off that we didn't even ask for or complain. Disappointing all around. Definitely won't be back.
- Pleasant Evening for CoupleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My girlfriend and I thought it was very "cabinisque" with the Moose head, wooden rafters, fireplace. The food was really good, but maybe a little too limited in selection. There was a nice man playing the guitar quietly enough to have a conversation. Great overall atmosphere for a couple.Special Features:
- Many happy returnsSuzieVIPDined on 10/18/2014We've been there several times and every time gets betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our GroupLuv2eatoutVIPDined on 10/13/2014We had a group of 7 with a reservation at 12:45. We got right in, sat right down and enjoyed a great meal with spot on unobtrusive service. I recommend this place for both locals or visitors to the area. Some of our favorites were the Heirloom Tomato and Burrata Salad, which is served in a Timbale style for a beautiful presentation, Grilled Snapper and Chicken Sliders were delicious as was the Hangar Steak.Special Features:
- food and serviceArlibarliVIPDined on 10/9/2014We found the food was not up to par. The service was very slow because there was one server that took care of the whole dining room while the other server just took care of 2 tables. Manager was not helpful
- Almost ruined our night!SkinFlickVIPDined on 10/5/2014We decided to choose a restaurant within walking distance of our resort in Calistoga and chose to walk down to Brannan's. We checked out the menu on open table and there were some items we were excited about trying. When we got there, the restaurant was empty (First Indicator), and when we reviewed the menu, it was quite different than what we had read earlier that made our decision to go there. I asked the bartender about the contradiction and she immediately barked at me, "We have a new menu". After being treated like an idiot and dismissed so quickly, I gathered my family and we walked out the front door. We walked about 50-60 yards down the road and found the Calistoga Inn & Brewery and had a wonderful evening there instead.
- What happened?HmforbinmoDined on 10/4/2014We loved this spot 2 years ago so brought my family on our return trip. All dishes were just ok. The salmon dish was disappointing. Highlight was the live guitarist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, solid choice in CalistogasteveaDined on 9/29/2014After eating at a number of high-end establishments in Napa Valley, my wife and I decided to eat at Brannan's the last night we stayed in Calistoga. The meals and service, as well as the lower prices, did not disappoint. Both meals were well-prepared, ample and served promptly. In an area that boasts many fine eating establishments, Brannan's is able to hold their own. Its downtown location and easy on-street parking make it a solid choice for people walking or driving.Special Features:
- A gem in CalistogacookingwithloveDined on 9/27/2014Great flavor combinations are present from the cocktail menu (the prickly pear margarita) through dessert. Provides much for the tastebuds to enjoy and to share with the special people in your life. The orange chili chicken wings and the porterhouse pork chop were particular favorites. An eclectic wine list with some nice older offerings. Friendly and easy going service. Our entrees came out of the kitchen while we were still in the midst of appetizers and cocktails due to an apparent computer glitch. Our server handled it smoothly (returning them to the kitchen) and dinner proceeded without missing a step. The chef checked in later; asked about our meal, and apologized for the timing mix-up. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yearly VisitBestDogMollyVIPDined on 9/22/2014We visit the area every year and always have a wonderful meal at Brannan's Grill. Four of us dinned together and enjoyed different entrees (all done well). The service this year was lackluster--not up to their usual standards. We will return again on our next trip and hope they will have provided better training for their staff!Special Features:
- Fell very shortLive2drinkwineDined on 9/19/2014Unfortunately the three of us all decided to have the chicken and it was very dry, the rice at the bottom of the pot was hard and the 62 degree egg...well it looked and had a texture that I will spare to describe. The service was poor. We had 2 wait staff that didn't seem to know what was going on. One would come like they were going to be servicing the table and then the other would and then the one we ended up with with very slow to actually bringing our drinks and to taking our orders. I won't be going back.
- Great foodFriscofoodieVIPDined on 9/15/2014Served forgot our appetizers and we waited 40 minutes until he would acknowledge us . But food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Great steak and seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The entire meal was perfect. Calamari, oyster shooters, risotto, filet crusted in blue cheese. Wonderfully prepared and artfully served. We eat here every trip to Calistoga. Make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a turn around!QueenVVIPDined on 9/13/2014A few years back I went to Brennan's and was underwhelmed...move forward two years and what a change. The food was flavorful, beautifully presented and now I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Rated highly and didn't disappointDr3PuttsDined on 9/12/2014Creative menu. Excellent flavors with great wine pairings. Ambiance was very nice for two in our booth. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must stop inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Brannan's was recommended to us by some friends for our anniversary dinner. Our reservations were for 6:45 but we stopped in 45 minutes early and they were glad to seat us. The service was attentive without being interruptive, food and wine were excellent. If you are in Calistoga or the surrounding area make a reservation for Brannan's.Special Features:
- AlrightFrinightDined on 8/15/2014Food was overpriced and only ok. Disappointing as I had been there years ago and remember it being quite good.
- The following 448 reviews are from the Brannan's Grill reviews archive.
- Spa WeekendHortonDined on 7/19/2014We booked a dinner for 4 here during our getaway to Calistoga. We were pleased at the look and feel of Brannan's, as well as the attentive waiter, whom we kidded with about his height, he was 6"8. Food was tasty, and felt relaxed, enjoyed the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at Brannan's2divinedinnersDined on 7/13/2014Had lunch on Sunday, 7/13/14. Since it was around 2pm, restaurant wasn't packed. I had steak, cooked just right (medium rare) and tasty, but for $22.00 the portion of four small thinly sliced pieces makes my meal just OK (maybe a lunch menu?). Wife said her salad with salmon was very good.Special Features:
- fifikatDined on 7/5/2014We were welcomed, and told that the special request I made to have the clam dish served without the clams, but with mussels would be no problem. They were great. My wife had the green salad with candied pecans and then the cioppino, which which she loved. I had the mussel dish, which was great, and then a green salad like my wife had had. My wife had a berry/gelato dish for desert. All in all, a very nice evening for our 45th anniversary!!Special Features:
- Solid restaurant in CalistogaHappyVIPDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant a crowd pleaser, and all around good restaurant. Great wait staff and the extensive menu offers many choices making this an excellent choice when dining with a larger group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Service was very good and the staff were friendly. Food at best is fair. Pricing is at least 2.5 times its value. Poor beer selection and limited wine list.
- MusicShaggratDined on 6/21/2014As soon as we sat down my wife and I both said we loved the atmosphere. The Latino guitarist was amazing, the food was excellent and plentiful, and the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJohnCVIPDined on 6/13/2014We are local to upper Napa Valley. A couple of observations about Brannans. The food is "ok" but it is not "ok" for the price. There are better restaurants in town (Jole) for the same price and much better ones (Solbar) for a little more money. The prices are comparable to most St. Helena restaurants other than Terra and you will do better at any of them. Brannans can be ok in winter or if the windows are open but the menu is very basic, no specials, appetizers are very uninspired and they charge to serve bread, which is pretty silly. Wine list is also fairly limited and shows little imagination.
- Great family reunion!MamaDLDDined on 6/8/2014We just had a lovely dinner with our daughter, son-in-law, baby and her in laws. The food was great, and the service was exceptional. Everyone in the restaurant that we interacted with was lovely and gracious! We never felt rushed and we never had to wait...perfect!Special Features:
- Always goodRogerDined on 6/6/2014We go to Calistoga every year and we always dine one night at Brannan's. It has a very nice atmosphere, the foods is consistently good, great drinks, excellent service, and a quiet to moderate noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotMeganDined on 6/2/2014Great Wine Flights & Delicious Food!! Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Your service sucksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014Your server Joseph was not personable at all, which was disappointing since I was celebrating my 40th birthday. He seem very attentive to the older Caucasian couple next to us. Joseph was extremely pretentious and unfriendly. I did enjoy my food and wine, but I wouldn't return to Brannan's because of its lack luster service to interracial couples. I wish I would have kept my original reservation for Rutherford Grill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2014All around good meal. Mussels with a South of the boarder influence was delicious.
- excrllent!RichardDined on 5/23/2014This place is one of the best. The food is high quality and tadte great. A must try locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to besanelDined on 5/21/2014We have been here before & it has continued to go down hill. Bland food, slow service, the fish and chips were so bad they had to be sent back, the diner did not re-order. There was something on the bread of one diner that we couldn't even identify.Special Features:
- Definitely has changedluv2dineDined on 5/10/2014Our first visit was amazing a few months ago. Things have changed. Definitely not worth the price at all. The quality of the meat has degraded. 38.00 new York strip, don't bother. Management favored customers that had wine bottles on there table. 4.00 for baguette French bread Lol! It should be complementary that's an industry standard. Wait staff was kind, service was on the slow side. Definitely won't go back.
- A must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2014Top notch. The food was unreal. The best lamb shank I have ever had. The pork chop was out of this world savory. The Brannan manhattan was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service!HudaDined on 4/11/2014The lamb shank is spectacular!! The server's knowledge of wine was great! Couldn't say enough about the the service, food, ambiance and professionalism.Special Features:
- Big disappointmentFoodieSFDined on 3/15/2014We loved that place before. But, last night was a big disappointment. The menu changes and the chief are so bad that we won't be back. Calistoga has so many new spots opening with great everything that we won't miss overpriced, poorly tasting Brannan's.
- Wine selection & costLocalDined on 3/1/2014I was disappointed by the wine by the glass selection. They only had two cabs and we're out of one. Overall their prices seem to have risen too. This is my favorite local spot. But when it costs $80 to have one pork chop entree, a dinner salad, a glass of cab and a glass of champagne I'll be going much less frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPuduDined on 3/1/2014We had been to Brannan's before and were looking forward to returning. We were very disappointed. The service was adequate but uninterested and the food was OK. We ordered the sourdough bread and garlic butter- the bread was stale. There are no vegetarian entrees although you can piece together a meal with starters and sides. We won't be returning in future trips.
- Girlfriends' Birthday LunchLaMaestraDined on 2/28/2014We had a great time at Brannan's celebrating a friend's birthday. The atmosphere was upscale but relaxing with an entertaining view of a rainy afternoon in downtown Calistoga. I ordered the Ruben Sandwich with Truffle Parmesan Fries - yummy! The marbled rye bread was slightly crisp, not soggy, as can happen with Ruben sandwiches sometimes. My friend had the Salmon Salad, and she remarked that the salmon was so tender. Another friend ordered the Arugula Salad and commented on the flavorful yet light dressing. We all agreed that the cocktails were really, really good. We ordered from the specialty cocktails on the menu and weren't disappointed. Our afternoon was finished off with Creme Brulee and Mexican coffees. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Amazing DinnerFoodguruinNapaDined on 2/21/2014We had a delicious meal at Brannans. Everything about our experience was great. Hostess that greeted us was very friendly and we were seated immediately. I would have love to have had a drink and the beautiful bar, but they were busy and no time! We we seated in a very comfortable booth. Lighting was low, music was good, cocktails were great, apps delicious, entrees perfectly prepared. Didnt have room for desserts but they looked good! Brannans is a beautiful restaurant and we loved our evening. I highly recommend dining or just chillin at the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.