1374 Lincoln Ave.
Calistoga, CA 94515Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brannanscalistoga.com/
- Phone: 7079422233x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rob Lam
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off site and in house catering is offered for any event and most budgets. We can customize any menu to fit your event. We are a restaurant that can cater, not a caterer that can "restaurant"
- Private Party Contact: Andy Manchon 707-942-2233x
- Entertainment: Saturday, 7:00-10:00 The legendary Herb Gibson on Vibes and Spencer Allen on keyboard.
A word from Brannan's Grill
In 1998, Brannan's Grill opened its handcrafted doors to Calistoga, the most pedestrian friendly town in the Napa Valley. Owners Mark Young and Ron Goldin look forward to providing their guests with outstanding customer service and the flavors of farm to table on the New American menu in one of the most beautiful dining environments in the wine country.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brannan's Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)notable wine list (11)romantic (10)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- AlrightFrinightDined on 8/15/2014Food was overpriced and only ok. Disappointing as I had been there years ago and remember it being quite good.
- Spa WeekendHortonDined on 7/19/2014We booked a dinner for 4 here during our getaway to Calistoga. We were pleased at the look and feel of Brannan's, as well as the attentive waiter, whom we kidded with about his height, he was 6"8. Food was tasty, and felt relaxed, enjoyed the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at Brannan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Had lunch on Sunday, 7/13/14. Since it was around 2pm, restaurant wasn't packed. I had steak, cooked just right (medium rare) and tasty, but for $22.00 the portion of four small thinly sliced pieces makes my meal just OK (maybe a lunch menu?). Wife said her salad with salmon was very good.Special Features:
- fifikatDined on 7/5/2014We were welcomed, and told that the special request I made to have the clam dish served without the clams, but with mussels would be no problem. They were great. My wife had the green salad with candied pecans and then the cioppino, which which she loved. I had the mussel dish, which was great, and then a green salad like my wife had had. My wife had a berry/gelato dish for desert. All in all, a very nice evening for our 45th anniversary!!Special Features:
- Solid restaurant in CalistogaHappyVIPDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant a crowd pleaser, and all around good restaurant. Great wait staff and the extensive menu offers many choices making this an excellent choice when dining with a larger group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Service was very good and the staff were friendly. Food at best is fair. Pricing is at least 2.5 times its value. Poor beer selection and limited wine list.
- MusicShaggratDined on 6/21/2014As soon as we sat down my wife and I both said we loved the atmosphere. The Latino guitarist was amazing, the food was excellent and plentiful, and the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJohnCVIPDined on 6/13/2014We are local to upper Napa Valley. A couple of observations about Brannans. The food is "ok" but it is not "ok" for the price. There are better restaurants in town (Jole) for the same price and much better ones (Solbar) for a little more money. The prices are comparable to most St. Helena restaurants other than Terra and you will do better at any of them. Brannans can be ok in winter or if the windows are open but the menu is very basic, no specials, appetizers are very uninspired and they charge to serve bread, which is pretty silly. Wine list is also fairly limited and shows little imagination.
- Great family reunion!MamaDLDDined on 6/8/2014We just had a lovely dinner with our daughter, son-in-law, baby and her in laws. The food was great, and the service was exceptional. Everyone in the restaurant that we interacted with was lovely and gracious! We never felt rushed and we never had to wait...perfect!Special Features:
- Always goodRogerDined on 6/6/2014We go to Calistoga every year and we always dine one night at Brannan's. It has a very nice atmosphere, the foods is consistently good, great drinks, excellent service, and a quiet to moderate noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotMeganDined on 6/2/2014Great Wine Flights & Delicious Food!! Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Your service sucksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014Your server Joseph was not personable at all, which was disappointing since I was celebrating my 40th birthday. He seem very attentive to the older Caucasian couple next to us. Joseph was extremely pretentious and unfriendly. I did enjoy my food and wine, but I wouldn't return to Brannan's because of its lack luster service to interracial couples. I wish I would have kept my original reservation for Rutherford Grill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2014All around good meal. Mussels with a South of the boarder influence was delicious.
- excrllent!RichardDined on 5/23/2014This place is one of the best. The food is high quality and tadte great. A must try locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to besanelDined on 5/21/2014We have been here before & it has continued to go down hill. Bland food, slow service, the fish and chips were so bad they had to be sent back, the diner did not re-order. There was something on the bread of one diner that we couldn't even identify.Special Features:
- Definitely has changedluv2dineDined on 5/10/2014Our first visit was amazing a few months ago. Things have changed. Definitely not worth the price at all. The quality of the meat has degraded. 38.00 new York strip, don't bother. Management favored customers that had wine bottles on there table. 4.00 for baguette French bread Lol! It should be complementary that's an industry standard. Wait staff was kind, service was on the slow side. Definitely won't go back.
- The following 433 reviews are from the Brannan's Grill reviews archive.
- A must try!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2014Top notch. The food was unreal. The best lamb shank I have ever had. The pork chop was out of this world savory. The Brannan manhattan was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service!HudaDined on 4/11/2014The lamb shank is spectacular!! The server's knowledge of wine was great! Couldn't say enough about the the service, food, ambiance and professionalism.Special Features:
- Big disappointmentFoodieSFDined on 3/15/2014We loved that place before. But, last night was a big disappointment. The menu changes and the chief are so bad that we won't be back. Calistoga has so many new spots opening with great everything that we won't miss overpriced, poorly tasting Brannan's.
- Wine selection & costLocalDined on 3/1/2014I was disappointed by the wine by the glass selection. They only had two cabs and we're out of one. Overall their prices seem to have risen too. This is my favorite local spot. But when it costs $80 to have one pork chop entree, a dinner salad, a glass of cab and a glass of champagne I'll be going much less frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPuduDined on 3/1/2014We had been to Brannan's before and were looking forward to returning. We were very disappointed. The service was adequate but uninterested and the food was OK. We ordered the sourdough bread and garlic butter- the bread was stale. There are no vegetarian entrees although you can piece together a meal with starters and sides. We won't be returning in future trips.
- Girlfriends' Birthday LunchLaMaestraDined on 2/28/2014We had a great time at Brannan's celebrating a friend's birthday. The atmosphere was upscale but relaxing with an entertaining view of a rainy afternoon in downtown Calistoga. I ordered the Ruben Sandwich with Truffle Parmesan Fries - yummy! The marbled rye bread was slightly crisp, not soggy, as can happen with Ruben sandwiches sometimes. My friend had the Salmon Salad, and she remarked that the salmon was so tender. Another friend ordered the Arugula Salad and commented on the flavorful yet light dressing. We all agreed that the cocktails were really, really good. We ordered from the specialty cocktails on the menu and weren't disappointed. Our afternoon was finished off with Creme Brulee and Mexican coffees. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Amazing DinnerFoodguruinNapaDined on 2/21/2014We had a delicious meal at Brannans. Everything about our experience was great. Hostess that greeted us was very friendly and we were seated immediately. I would have love to have had a drink and the beautiful bar, but they were busy and no time! We we seated in a very comfortable booth. Lighting was low, music was good, cocktails were great, apps delicious, entrees perfectly prepared. Didnt have room for desserts but they looked good! Brannans is a beautiful restaurant and we loved our evening. I highly recommend dining or just chillin at the bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightAmazingDined on 2/14/2014Great food and amazing ambience. Low lighting and great drinks. Highly recommend the surf and turf! Yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- defintely a must experience!rickandchrissieDined on 2/8/2014From the moment we walked in...were greeted by the host and immediately brought to our table by the fireplace in a quaint booth. Ambiance, waiter, food and timing of all was right on. Professional, clean and food was over the top. Still talking about. You must go to enjoy this 5 star service. We were very impressed! We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ProposedTriGuyDined on 2/7/2014I had just proposed, and took my gal out for dinner to celebrate. The staff was energetic and all congratulated us on our engagement. Additionally, the food came out extremely quick. The food was phenomenal. I've never had a better steak. Can't wait to come back to celebrate future anniversaries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant so much that we went back for dinner a second time during our trip. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- DisipointednvdineDined on 12/31/2013We have dined here three times over the past ten years, and each time come away with an less then hoped for experience... Have experienced much finer food, for much less the price... The live key board playing was painful to the ears... And the wine recommendwas wrong pairing for our meals... Didn't bother with a desert, tried that six months ago, and that was not a winner for us either... Most likely will not return ... Gave it a fair go tho...
- Not a Place for local event dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013There were 4 in our party and none of us thought the food was 100% great! # 1 had Filet and it was almost uneatable, it was ordered Medium Well, it came Rare. #2 had NY Steak also tough and Brussel Sprouts were not cooked. #3 had Prime Rib the sauce was so strong the meat didn't even taste like Prime Rib. #4 Had Surf & Turf the Filet was wonderful, but the sauce was over bearing as well, The Lobster was a joke, it was small, flavorless and tough. The String Beans were very under cooked. One dessert was ordered the "Lemon Huckleberry Compote" it should have been named the Huckleberry Lemon Compote because the Huckleberry was so over bearing that the Lemon was lost.
- Wish it was betterFloridafoodiesDined on 12/25/2013We came for Christmas dinner and while our hostess and waitress were both nice the food was not good. Had the surf and turf and it was really bad! Steak was tough and the lobster was dry. We're not terribly picky but it was not a good meal. Thankfully we changed our meals to oyster and the tuna poke - things you can't really mess up. Wish that they recruited an executive chef - definitely missing Thomas Hartwell.Special Features:
- Brannan's Grill CalistogaWaywardWandererDined on 12/25/2013Our Christmas dinner was at Brannan's. The atmosphere is warm, the food is great and the service is attentive. The menu had so many entree and wine selections. Unfortunately the portions were so generous we didn't have room to sample the desserts!Special Features:
- Busy placeRick333Dined on 12/7/2013Busy place, food was fair and a bit overpriced for what was offered. Can't beat the location. Appears menu items scaled down over past year or so?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceHairchickDined on 12/7/2013Good food, great wine list. Definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on Thanksgiving. LovedOTPHAVIPDined on 11/28/2013Went on Thanksgiving. Loved the Chicken and wild rice soup. Very good option as they had both the traditional Turkey meal and their special menu. Nice!Special Features:
- Thanksgiving DinnerlittlephishDined on 11/28/2013We like to try new restaurants and for Thanksgiving, the requirements were Turkey dinner for me and my husband but son and GF want other choices. Nice scenic drive to Calistoga up HWY 29, minimal traffic, parked right in front of Brannans. seated immediately. Not overcrowded but nice crowd. Turkey with all the sides was great! sometimes chefs try to do new recipes with traditional recipes and very bad food can happen. Our meal was delicious with leftovers to take home. son had pro chop and GF had salmon, which they both enjoyed. we left happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerTony123VIPDined on 11/28/2013This was my first time at Brannan's. My sister just moved to Calistoga, and we decided to have a family dinner here. The service was attentive, but very rushed. When we walked in they told us that our table was not ready, so we were encouraged to sit at the bar. The bar tenders said hello and then did not return for some time. It wasn't a busy time at the bar. Just as our drinks arrived we were seated. The overall all food was ok, but not memorable. What struck me most was how overpriced the menu was. This was not exceptional food, but the price for the food was that of a 5 star restaurant. They had almost no wines by the glass. The wine list was not great, so bring your own if you're going there.
- over-priced, bad experiencedisappointedtravelerDined on 11/13/2013Chose the restaurant because of layout/decor and the advertised special for the evening-prime rib which was reasonablely priced but was a tough cut of meat topped with a mystery sauce-something we've never seen on prime rib anywhere else we've ever ordered it! Everything on the menu was a la carte- $4.00 for bread, $12.00 for just arugula salad. Service was marginal. Waiter upsold us $30.00 on wine which even when decanted had a lot of sediment. We forgot that CA allows customers to bring their own wine to restaurants- what a costly oversight on our part! For the price we hoped for a lot more. Cannot believe that this restaurant has a following among the locals with the food and service-we suppose that they come for the ambience!Special Features:
- AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2013Nice feel to the place, good service, but for the price... Food not up to par
- Disappointed.MtnpapaDined on 10/10/2013Was here a year ago and had a great experience. Not so much this time. A little embarrassing because we brought friends with us this time. Very slow service this time and the food was good, but not great. There are better resturants for the money in Calastoga. We probably won't be going back.
- Shrimp cocktailZiggie2Dined on 10/7/2013Shrimp cocktail ceviche was excellent and unexpectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.